Options

Pandora has passed :( she used to post here ....

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    This thread has taken an interesting turn int what- at least to my perception- is a good example of how we can be honest, firm in our stance on something but not degrade ourselves or each other with petty name calling or hostile attacking reactions. Some strong feelings, for sure but not really attacking. I agree that, Drowned Out, you might have just changed that first sentence but really, what you said was honest but didn't seem like an attack. There are also some very cool sincere efforts at reconciliation in some of these posts. I'm good here with all you fine folks.

I must also apologize here to josevolution- I know you want this thread to be about Pandora. It was cool that you changed the thread title to indicate so.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

You prefaced your entire post with "I don't have much positive to say about Pandora." This is insensitive. The rest of what you wrote was reasonable.

I was always taught to be respectful. I believe there's a guy named JB on these boards hurting right now. If you couldn't respect Pandora then at least respect him.

I'm not going to get into it with you here. I'm sure JB is aware of the history between Pandora and I. If I've shown disrespect to pandora or JB, I apologize because it was not my intent. And I never said I couldn't respect her.
    I may have read it wrong. To me, your post almost reads as a backhanded compliment, but there seems to be support for what you have written. I should have just shut up.

Allow me to apologize for placing you on the spot and not allowing you to say your peace.
    No worries. Im not sure if you read it wrong or I wrote it wrong - I know my filter in these situations can be a bit lacking. im probably the one who should have just shut up. I appreciate the apology.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

You prefaced your entire post with "I don't have much positive to say about Pandora." This is insensitive. The rest of what you wrote was reasonable.

I was always taught to be respectful. I believe there's a guy named JB on these boards hurting right now. If you couldn't respect Pandora then at least respect him.

I'm not going to get into it with you here. I'm sure JB is aware of the history between Pandora and I. If I've shown disrespect to pandora or JB, I apologize because it was not my intent. And I never said I couldn't respect her.
    I may have read it wrong. To me, your post almost reads as a backhanded compliment, but there seems to be support for what you have written. I should have just shut up.

Allow me to apologize for placing you on the spot and not allowing you to say your peace.
    No worries. Im not sure if you read it wrong or I wrote it wrong - I know my filter in these situations can be a bit lacking. im probably the one who should have just shut up. I appreciate the apology.
    HALTS MAUL the both of you =)) sorry pandora, I couldn't help myself.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think Drowned's right - she'd be laughing at how some things never change :D

Nice thread. Bluntness without malice, can't go wrong. Always appreciated.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

I changed thread title it needed her name on it this thread is about her lets keep the focus on her ....

My apologies for posting off topic earlier. I thought the thread had moved to a larger discussion but I agree, best kept to its original intent.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I can only hope that when I die, I would have the same impact on others (positiver or negative) the way Pandora did. I didn't know her personally, just the few debates back when I first started posting here. If you asked me what she looked like, I would have said Eddie Vedder clapping.

I can appreciate the passion. Pandoras passion and all your passion when speaking about her. I have had heated debates with many of you guys and gals here on AMT. But I can say with almost 100% certainty that I would sit and have a beer with any of you. Pandora included.

That being said, whenever any of you guys come to the Charleston area, hit me up.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

I can only hope that when I die, I would have the same impact on others (positiver or negative) the way Pandora did. I didn't know her personally, just the few debates back when I first started posting here. If you asked me what she looked like, I would have said Eddie Vedder clapping.

I can appreciate the passion. Pandoras passion and all your passion when speaking about her. I have had heated debates with many of you guys and gals here on AMT. But I can say with almost 100% certainty that I would sit and have a beer with any of you. Pandora included.

That being said, whenever any of you guys come to the Charleston area, hit me up.

Nail on head. Nice.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I'm never happy when anyone dies. that being said, I rejoiced when I noticed she was banned from the forums. She attacked me personally, without provocation I might add, on several occasions in pm's and on the board.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I don't know about behind the scenes stuff, but I recall you two butting heads more than once.

Interesting timing on bumping this, Hugh (and obviously from a different though no more valid perspective than yours) - Pandora just jumped into my thoughts earlier this morning, and how tough today must be for her family. Hope they're finding comfort in being with each other.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,162
    i thought about her monday night when i was posting about the unrest in ferguson. i think i know what she would have said about it. which naturally would have irritated me under the circumstances, but i think she would have been right. i hope jb and the family are doing ok.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    My sincerest good wishes to her family for these upcoming holidays i can't imagine what life would be without someone in my immediat family circle ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I butted heads with her too, but we had a common bond in iur live of all things great and small.. We were able to accept one another, and the fact that we were both strong willed and opinionated, and often colorful women.. I really miss her perspective on some things in here..
    JB, I hope you and The family are doing alright, if I still drank, I'd raise a glass to her at sunset.. But, instead, I'll drink a Dew on her honor! ;-)

Pandora, you are greatly missed here.. By most of us.. And Hugh, I remember that craziness..
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Thoughts and prayers to those we've lost in the past year.
  • Options
    This is sweet, Jason...from here too.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    yes I third that too.. happy not so happy new year, and good night ..
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Kat / Sea ... I humbly suggest a posthumous un-banning for Pandora.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    edited December 2014
    ^^^

+1

Great idea, Jason P.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Seems like a nice enough gesture with no ramifications.

(it's so strange how I associate certain people/posters with their avatar)
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    paulonious wrote: »
    I'm never happy when anyone dies. that being said, I rejoiced when I noticed she was banned from the forums. She attacked me personally, without provocation I might add, on several occasions in pm's and on the board.

nice job, hugh flippin dillon. your post bothers the holy toledo out of me. may i drive a big ass off road vehicle through your house next week?

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Chadwick! Good to see you round these parts! May your beard grow long and your back feel strong!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    This forum truly is A Moving Train.
    You see it coming but you can't stop it.
  • Options
    I call that life. We can't stop or even control IT, but ourselves and our (re)actions? Sometimes I try - with both success and failure ;-)

And I must echo gambot's sentiments toward chadwick, and the beard and back aspirations.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote: »
    I call that life. We can't stop or even control IT, but ourselves and our (re)actions? Sometimes I try - with both success and failure ;-)

And I must echo gambot's sentiments toward chadwick, and the beard and back aspirations.

Although at times I grow a beard it is nice to have some grey in my hair on this lovely new years eve.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote: »

Although at times I grow a beard it is nice to have some grey in my hair on this lovely new years eve.
    Now this perspective made me smile - hell, I still am!

As a (beardless) woman, while I see the lines and whatnot on my face, they've become welcome. A reflection of life lived for better and worse. Who wants to go through life expressionless, anyway?

I also love the grey in my husband's hair (and beard!).

On that note, shall raise my version of a glass to the memory of Pandora, and to her family.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote: »

nice job, hugh flippin dillon. your post bothers the holy toledo out of me. may i drive a big ass off road vehicle through your house next week?

pardon ME???

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

pardon ME???

Chad has a problem with your negative post on a rather positive thread ...
  • Options

pardon ME???

it was no different than a few others have stated (plus it was 2 months ago). and did not warrant a personal threat.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

pardon ME???

it was no different than a few others have stated (plus it was 2 months ago). and did not warrant a personal threat.

wait i just realized your hugh freaking dillon , i'm just telling you why he got mad at your post i have no problem with your post ....
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    It's been a year but it seems like a heck of alot longer.

I think of Pandora often, and I'm not surprised that I do. She was a stand out.

For each post that she wrote apparently riling people up, she likewise posted something kind, witty, or inspirational. She cracked me up often and I miss her.
  • Options
    rollings said:

It's been a year but it seems like a heck of alot longer.

I think of Pandora often, and I'm not surprised that I do. She was a stand out.

For each post that she wrote apparently riling people up, she likewise posted something kind, witty, or inspirational. She cracked me up often and I miss her.

Very true.

Her God's Parking Lot thread is one of my favorites, so much in there that got to me in sweet ways. Hope JB is doing alright.

Nice post, rollings.