Police abuse

1767779818296

Comments

  • unsungunsung Posts: 7,736

    unsung said:

    unsung said:
    Well duh.

    You think cops should be bit before defending themselves? Comments like these are where you lose credibility. We know you hate cops and we know you think they are operatives of the state with the intent of enslaving everyone... but in reality, they are people like us doing a dangerous job servicing everyone.

    A dog's life is more important than a cop's health. Good one.
    Courts have also ruled that cops have no obligation to serve or protect.

    Oh no, you said I don't have credibility, what will I ever do with my non-bootlicking time?

    If dogs were such a threat then how does the post office manage?

    The reality is that many cops are worms that are "just doing their jobs" of which is blindly following orders and laws created by corrupt politicians. They are the part of the system that ensures the revenue doesn't stop and will kill or kidnap if you don't play along.
    The post office manages by being rushed to emergency on a regular basis. My wife delivers mail and was attacked and mauled by some mutt. Three others this year have as well.

    Some houses need to come to the post office to get their mail because their dogs are vicious. Cops don't have that option.

    As to the rest of your post... come on, man.
    There is no come on man. Where is your disconnect? This is not the same system it was just a few years ago. These clowns have itchy trigger fingers.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,046
    unsung said:

    unsung said:

    unsung said:
    Well duh.

    You think cops should be bit before defending themselves? Comments like these are where you lose credibility. We know you hate cops and we know you think they are operatives of the state with the intent of enslaving everyone... but in reality, they are people like us doing a dangerous job servicing everyone.

    A dog's life is more important than a cop's health. Good one.
    Courts have also ruled that cops have no obligation to serve or protect.

    Oh no, you said I don't have credibility, what will I ever do with my non-bootlicking time?

    If dogs were such a threat then how does the post office manage?

    The reality is that many cops are worms that are "just doing their jobs" of which is blindly following orders and laws created by corrupt politicians. They are the part of the system that ensures the revenue doesn't stop and will kill or kidnap if you don't play along.
    The post office manages by being rushed to emergency on a regular basis. My wife delivers mail and was attacked and mauled by some mutt. Three others this year have as well.

    Some houses need to come to the post office to get their mail because their dogs are vicious. Cops don't have that option.

    As to the rest of your post... come on, man.
    There is no come on man. Where is your disconnect? This is not the same system it was just a few years ago. These clowns have itchy trigger fingers.
    The "come on, man" is warranted when you call a person a bootlicker for recognizing and accepting the immutable reality that man has always, and will always, need a government to uphold the rule of law and civilization.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

    All use of a police dog is a violation of a human's rights.

    No one cares.
    Police dogs should be sent in first to restrain anyone who may cause shit.
    People who hate police are very ignorant.
    Violation of human rights, oh my sides :rofl:
    Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both ideas are overwhelming. AE
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,046
    edited December 2016

    rgambs said:

    All use of a police dog is a violation of a human's rights.

    No one cares.
    Police dogs should be sent in first to restrain anyone who may cause shit.
    People who hate police are very ignorant.
    Violation of human rights, oh my sides :rofl:
    You don't write with enough intelligence to engage in this discussion, that is the best response I can afford.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,728
    edited December 2016
    rgambs said:

    rgambs said:

    All use of a police dog is a violation of a human's rights.

    No one cares.
    Police dogs should be sent in first to restrain anyone who may cause shit.
    People who hate police are very ignorant.
    Violation of human rights, oh my sides :rofl:
    You don't write with enough intelligence to engage in this discussion, that is the best response I can afford.
    Well happy holidays to you as well rgambs.
    Sometimes I really do think you mean everything you post, explain how the use of a Police dog is a human right violation.
    Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both ideas are overwhelming. AE
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,046

    rgambs said:

    rgambs said:

    All use of a police dog is a violation of a human's rights.

    No one cares.
    Police dogs should be sent in first to restrain anyone who may cause shit.
    People who hate police are very ignorant.
    Violation of human rights, oh my sides :rofl:
    You don't write with enough intelligence to engage in this discussion, that is the best response I can afford.
    Well happy holidays to you as well rgambs.
    Sometimes I really do think you mean everything you post, explain how the use of a Police dog is a human right violation.
    I do.

    Dogs don't have the proper capability for the thought processes that are required for upholding a person's rights. They can't use judgement to decide whether a person is acting within the bounds of the law and posing a threat, and therefore can't be held responsible for mistakes they make.
    It is a violation of due process to entrust such a creature with the law, and it is a violation of human rights to subject a person to attack by a vicious animal on suspicion of illegal activity.

    Can you try to imagine that you are minding your business (possibly not even breaking any laws) when suddenly the police bust down your door and send in a pack of dogs to attack you and restrain you because you may cause shit?

    Can you try to imagine that you are driving and when pulled over the police dog wrongly (they are only right about 25% of the time) signals you for having drugs? You get arrested, your car gets impounded, your cash is seized and you pay for it all out of your own pocket because a dog which can't explain it's behavior or thought process was trusted as a servant of the law.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Dogs have better sensory perception which enables them to detect hidden fugitives. Further, they are more mobile than humans so quicker to take down a fugitive in flight. Psychologically, the dog serves as another mechanism to pacify potentially dangerous or threatening suspects.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 8,255
    Not sure if true but a quick search shows that dogs are shot by police every 98 seconds. Even if this stat is greatly exaggerated and its closer to every 10 minutes and 20 seconds it's still eye popping. I have serious doubts about the claim but what do I know.
    (And these questions can be re-phrased and asked about 90% of what you asked)
  • JC29856 said:

    Not sure if true but a quick search shows that dogs are shot by police every 98 seconds. Even if this stat is greatly exaggerated and its closer to every 10 minutes and 20 seconds it's still eye popping. I have serious doubts about the claim but what do I know.

    You can't take stats from unsung's website lol!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,046

    Dogs have better sensory perception which enables them to detect hidden fugitives. Further, they are more mobile than humans so quicker to take down a fugitive in flight. Psychologically, the dog serves as another mechanism to pacify potentially dangerous or threatening suspects.

    Pursuit of dangerous fugitves, I will concede that one easily, they are perfect for the job.

    Psychologically, pacification is just another way of saying intimidation.
    While that is all fine and good for dangerous criminals in the act, it is a violation of rights for those who are accused, but not yet proven guilty of, non-violent crimes.

    You have had some nasty run-ins with vicious dogs, I would think you can appreciate the anxiety and fear they can create in people less tough than you. Why should people be subjected to that kind of trauma (minor or not) when they may simply be an innocent bystander, or even the victim of the crime!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • unsungunsung Posts: 7,736
    rgambs said:

    unsung said:

    unsung said:

    unsung said:
    Well duh.

    You think cops should be bit before defending themselves? Comments like these are where you lose credibility. We know you hate cops and we know you think they are operatives of the state with the intent of enslaving everyone... but in reality, they are people like us doing a dangerous job servicing everyone.

    A dog's life is more important than a cop's health. Good one.
    Courts have also ruled that cops have no obligation to serve or protect.

    Oh no, you said I don't have credibility, what will I ever do with my non-bootlicking time?

    If dogs were such a threat then how does the post office manage?

    The reality is that many cops are worms that are "just doing their jobs" of which is blindly following orders and laws created by corrupt politicians. They are the part of the system that ensures the revenue doesn't stop and will kill or kidnap if you don't play along.
    The post office manages by being rushed to emergency on a regular basis. My wife delivers mail and was attacked and mauled by some mutt. Three others this year have as well.

    Some houses need to come to the post office to get their mail because their dogs are vicious. Cops don't have that option.

    As to the rest of your post... come on, man.
    There is no come on man. Where is your disconnect? This is not the same system it was just a few years ago. These clowns have itchy trigger fingers.
    The "come on, man" is warranted when you call a person a bootlicker for recognizing and accepting the immutable reality that man has always, and will always, need a government to uphold the rule of law and civilization.
    And judging by the actions of the left post-election you might be correct.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 7,736
    edited December 2016

    JC29856 said:

    Not sure if true but a quick search shows that dogs are shot by police every 98 seconds. Even if this stat is greatly exaggerated and its closer to every 10 minutes and 20 seconds it's still eye popping. I have serious doubts about the claim but what do I know.

    You can't take stats from unsung's website lol!
    The cop that shoots my dog will have trouble. Get the music ready.

    I consider my dog a part of my family.
    Post edited by unsung on
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 8,255
    unsung said:

    JC29856 said:

    Not sure if true but a quick search shows that dogs are shot by police every 98 seconds. Even if this stat is greatly exaggerated and its closer to every 10 minutes and 20 seconds it's still eye popping. I have serious doubts about the claim but what do I know.

    You can't take stats from unsung's website lol!
    The cop that shoots my dog will have taps played for himself a few days later.
    Lol...now introducing #9 Mike Marshall!
    (And these questions can be re-phrased and asked about 90% of what you asked)
  • unsung said:

    JC29856 said:

    Not sure if true but a quick search shows that dogs are shot by police every 98 seconds. Even if this stat is greatly exaggerated and its closer to every 10 minutes and 20 seconds it's still eye popping. I have serious doubts about the claim but what do I know.

    You can't take stats from unsung's website lol!
    The cop that shoots my dog will have trouble. Get the music ready.

    I consider my dog a part of my family.
    Lol

    You've got your A game going today, sir!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 8,255
    edited December 2016
    unsung said:

    JC29856 said:

    Not sure if true but a quick search shows that dogs are shot by police every 98 seconds. Even if this stat is greatly exaggerated and its closer to every 10 minutes and 20 seconds it's still eye popping. I have serious doubts about the claim but what do I know.

    You can't take stats from unsung's website lol!
    The cop that shoots my dog will have trouble. Get the music ready.

    I consider my dog a part of my family.
    Motivated! Passionate!

    Same here...introducing #15 Adam Richards

    Post edited by JC29856 on
    (And these questions can be re-phrased and asked about 90% of what you asked)
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,046
    If a cop shot one of my dogs I would send them cute pictures of the dog in the mail every week so they couldn't forget what they had done.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • unsungunsung Posts: 7,736

    unsung said:

    JC29856 said:

    Not sure if true but a quick search shows that dogs are shot by police every 98 seconds. Even if this stat is greatly exaggerated and its closer to every 10 minutes and 20 seconds it's still eye popping. I have serious doubts about the claim but what do I know.

    You can't take stats from unsung's website lol!
    The cop that shoots my dog will have trouble. Get the music ready.

    I consider my dog a part of my family.
    Lol

    You've got your A game going today, sir!
    My dog's life means more to me than some revenue extorting agent of the State.
  • unsung said:

    unsung said:

    JC29856 said:

    Not sure if true but a quick search shows that dogs are shot by police every 98 seconds. Even if this stat is greatly exaggerated and its closer to every 10 minutes and 20 seconds it's still eye popping. I have serious doubts about the claim but what do I know.

    You can't take stats from unsung's website lol!
    The cop that shoots my dog will have trouble. Get the music ready.

    I consider my dog a part of my family.
    Lol

    You've got your A game going today, sir!
    My dog's life means more to me than some revenue extorting agent of the State.
    Sheesh.

    I get the love for a pet, but I really got to think that you need to reset your perspective on law enforcement.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • unsungunsung Posts: 7,736

    unsung said:

    unsung said:

    JC29856 said:

    Not sure if true but a quick search shows that dogs are shot by police every 98 seconds. Even if this stat is greatly exaggerated and its closer to every 10 minutes and 20 seconds it's still eye popping. I have serious doubts about the claim but what do I know.

    You can't take stats from unsung's website lol!
    The cop that shoots my dog will have trouble. Get the music ready.

    I consider my dog a part of my family.
    Lol

    You've got your A game going today, sir!
    My dog's life means more to me than some revenue extorting agent of the State.
    Sheesh.

    I get the love for a pet, but I really got to think that you need to reset your perspective on law enforcement.
    I guess we both feel the same, as I believe you should do the same.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 2,594
    rgambs said:

    rgambs said:

    rgambs said:

    All use of a police dog is a violation of a human's rights.

    No one cares.
    Police dogs should be sent in first to restrain anyone who may cause shit.
    People who hate police are very ignorant.
    Violation of human rights, oh my sides :rofl:
    You don't write with enough intelligence to engage in this discussion, that is the best response I can afford.
    Well happy holidays to you as well rgambs.
    Sometimes I really do think you mean everything you post, explain how the use of a Police dog is a human right violation.
    I do.

    Dogs don't have the proper capability for the thought processes that are required for upholding a person's rights. They can't use judgement to decide whether a person is acting within the bounds of the law and posing a threat, and therefore can't be held responsible for mistakes they make.
    It is a violation of due process to entrust such a creature with the law, and it is a violation of human rights to subject a person to attack by a vicious animal on suspicion of illegal activity.

    Can you try to imagine that you are minding your business (possibly not even breaking any laws) when suddenly the police bust down your door and send in a pack of dogs to attack you and restrain you because you may cause shit?

    Can you try to imagine that you are driving and when pulled over the police dog wrongly (they are only right about 25% of the time) signals you for having drugs? You get arrested, your car gets impounded, your cash is seized and you pay for it all out of your own pocket because a dog which can't explain it's behavior or thought process was trusted as a servant of the law.
    Late to join, but wanted to at least comment on the part about drug dogs and arrests. Laws are different in every state, but here in MN you first need reasonable suspicion to have a dog perform a vehicle sniff and this is only after you've asked consent of the owner and been denied. Again, you need reasonable suspicion to even ask that question and a valid traffic stop to get that far.

    I can't speak to the skill and quality of all K-9 officers, but most go through intensive training and certifications for them to be a handler based on statutory requirements. If the dog does indicate on the vehicle, that person is still not going to be arrested, detained, car impounded or anything else unless illegal drugs, weapons or other criminal activity is discovered. The person is actually free to go at the point of the dog being called if it becomes a possible detainment issue because no crime has been committed yet, but their vehicle can't leave until the sniff is complete and then a subsequent search if a positive alert is indicated by the dog.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • unsungunsung Posts: 7,736
    Dogs can be trained to give false alerts in order to show probable cause.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 2,594
    unsung said:

    Dogs can be trained to give false alerts in order to show probable cause.

    Yep, I'm not denying there aren't shitty cops out there. Dishonest and cheating people exist in all professions, even your new POTUS. I'd be less concerned about false alert dogs than a foul mouthed lie spewing leader of our country.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • unsungunsung Posts: 7,736
    I'm not really sure what one has to do with the other but ok.

    Shitty people do exist in every profession, probably 10% in most professions, it is just that the shitty fry guy at McDonalds might spit in your food where instead the shitty cop might take your life because he was scared of losing his.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,046
    I just saw a video on FB of a female officer pepper spraying a woman who was restrained to a chair at the ankles, wrists, and abdomen.
    She was later promoted to Captain, because, well, the blue line of course.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 8,255
    edited January 14
    Gas prisoner problem. Prison guard in Texas posted video of inmates getting gassed, he was only one charged for leaking video. Make sense??

    http://www.alternet.org/activism/scandal-chemical-weapons-us-prisons
    (And these questions can be re-phrased and asked about 90% of what you asked)
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 2,594
    JC29856 said:

    Gas prisoner problem. Prison guard in Texas posted video of inmates getting gassed, he was only one charged for leaking video. Make sense??

    http://www.alternet.org/activism/scandal-chemical-weapons-us-prisons

    Prison guards and police should not be lumped together. Different standards of training and hiring requirements.

    But yeah, that gas stuff is nasty. Definitely worse than being tased or maced. Cleans off faster than most mace/CS though.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • rgambs said:

    I just saw a video on FB of a female officer pepper spraying a woman who was restrained to a chair at the ankles, wrists, and abdomen.
    She was later promoted to Captain, because, well, the blue line of course.

    Link to pics and story or it didn't happen.
    Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both ideas are overwhelming. AE
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 8,255

    rgambs said:

    I just saw a video on FB of a female officer pepper spraying a woman who was restrained to a chair at the ankles, wrists, and abdomen.
    She was later promoted to Captain, because, well, the blue line of course.

    Link to pics and story or it didn't happen.
    Last one to the play yard is a rotten egg!
    (And these questions can be re-phrased and asked about 90% of what you asked)
  • dignindignin Posts: 5,093
    WHITE SUPREMACISTS AND other domestic extremists maintain an active presence in U.S. police departments and other law enforcement agencies.

    https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/
  • dignin said:

    WHITE SUPREMACISTS AND other domestic extremists maintain an active presence in U.S. police departments and other law enforcement agencies.

    https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

    Not surprised.

    To be fair, many gang organizations infiltrate police departments at various levels and to varying degrees.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
Sign In or Register to comment.