Options

This has to stop

Comments

• Options
    rdalhuisenrdalhuisen Den Haag Posts: 110
    edited June 2014

If the BS list system is so great, why isn't it used in the USA? I found this info online about BS lottery GA policy and it's not as great as everyone is making it out to be. Seems like a lot of work for the fan club, actually. I found something else that mentioned different venues having different policies for his shows and that would be confusing.

Edit to add...It would be awesome to get the rail because of waiting in a line, NOT because of a random lottery draw. Hope 10C doesn't change to lottery.

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/galotteryprocedures

I hope we don't need stuff like the Bruce GA line :(( Relax people please
    Post edited by rdalhuisen on
    Arnhem 06, Antwerp 06, Barcelona 06, Paris 06, Munich 07, Copenhagen 07, Nijmegen 07, Hartford 08, Mansfied 08, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, Nijmegen 10, Berlin 10, Alpine Valley I & II 11, Toronto II 11, Hamilton 11, Manchester I & II 12, Amsterdam I & II 12, Stockholm 12, Worcester I & II 13, Philly I & II 13, Hartford 13
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

It would be awesome to get the rail because of waiting in a line, NOT because of a random lottery draw. Hope 10C doesn't change to lottery.

Agree 1000%
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    JimmyV said:

Did it work? Did the list die somewhere between Stockholm and Oslo? Still waiting to hear a first hand report. If 10c has been handing out that flyer since Amsterdam and the list has continued unabated, I'm not sure the email alone will be enough to kill it.

This is what was handed out in Stockholm. image

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Purely out of curiosity, how was this letter handed out in Stockholm? Did someone from 10C come out and give one to everyone in line or something?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441

If the BS list system is so great, why isn't it used in the USA? I found this info online about BS lottery GA policy and it's not as great as everyone is making it out to be. Seems like a lot of work for the fan club, actually. I found something else that mentioned different venues having different policies for his shows and that would be confusing.

Edit to add...It would be awesome to get the rail because of waiting in a line, NOT because of a random lottery draw. Hope 10C doesn't change to lottery.

This system seems stupid, we are adults aren't we that seems like something for kids and teens

And how would it work if you are with someone would you get different numbers in line

It's stupid no lists or lottery needed line up wait take normal breaks etc.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited July 2014
    100 Pacer said:

do we really need a letter or anything ro use common sense??cheating is bad is every way
    im having a blast this tour and i dont have time with stupid things like that..i walk in and watch the show.show my wtistband and get into the inner circle...nothing more....and got rail 4 shows..side but still rail..and without even me trying what people 'want ti happened to them" by waiting all day in line ..happened to me so easily..drunk twice eddie wine..2times had handshake with eddie...git tambourine..mike wave and said hi greece ..and last night eddie gave me handshake.saw my flag and start shiuting..its you..YOU!!and then he start pointing my shirt and laugh his ass off with the "×why now u dont bitching shirt i was wearing...i just fuckin walk im at venue 30 min befire show time....thinhs will happen when u dont force them...u dint have to sleep in thw fuckin street all night

I don't always understand/follow the Greeklish, but I enjoyed reading that and hearing about your experience.

Very cool.
    yep..so cool and easy ..at oslo arrive 45 min before show timw..walk in..mike side ..rail..at aide.but close to stage...during animal.mike waved..asked me where i know u from..show him flag..oh yep..Greece and waved..and at alive solo came turn his back.climb at barries and play the solo on my arms and Nicoles was standing next to me with my flag in his back..i just walked in the venue 45 min before show..not forcing anything..things just happened
    oh and another handshake from eddie as well at oslo.and drink the wine again.....no line.no list..no waiting..nada..
    simple things..box office-tickets-wristband--gate-GA-enjoy the show..goodnight..thats all folks
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    paulipauli Seattle Wa Posts: 70
    That stupid piece of paper was created by control freaks who have no authority. They're weird they walk around like police asking "are you on the list'. Stay away from the list and those people. I go after dinner and drinks with family and friends. Walk in whenever and we get right up front between Eddie and Mike. We get guitar picks as well.
    Easy Street Queen Anne, I MISS YOU ALREADY! Thanks Matt
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300

100 Pacer said:

do we really need a letter or anything ro use common sense??cheating is bad is every way
    im having a blast this tour and i dont have time with stupid things like that..i walk in and watch the show.show my wtistband and get into the inner circle...nothing more....and got rail 4 shows..side but still rail..and without even me trying what people 'want ti happened to them" by waiting all day in line ..happened to me so easily..drunk twice eddie wine..2times had handshake with eddie...git tambourine..mike wave and said hi greece ..and last night eddie gave me handshake.saw my flag and start shiuting..its you..YOU!!and then he start pointing my shirt and laugh his ass off with the "×why now u dont bitching shirt i was wearing...i just fuckin walk im at venue 30 min befire show time....thinhs will happen when u dont force them...u dint have to sleep in thw fuckin street all night

I don't always understand/follow the Greeklish, but I enjoyed reading that and hearing about your experience.

Very cool.
    yep..so cool and easy ..at oslo arrive 45 min before show timw..walk in..mike side ..rail..at aide.but close to stage...during animal.mike waved..asked me where i know u from..show him flag..oh yep..Greece and waved..and at alive solo came turn his back.climb at barries and play the solo on my arms and Nicoles was standing next to me with my flag in his back..i just walked in the venue 45 min before show..not forcing anything..things just happened
    oh and another handshake from eddie as well at oslo.and drink the wine again.....no line.no list..no waiting..nada..
    simple things..box office-tickets-wristband--gate-GA-enjoy the show..goodnight..thats all folks
    Nice :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    PJ_Soul said:

Purely out of curiosity, how was this letter handed out in Stockholm? Did someone from 10C come out and give one to everyone in line or something?

Yes, Boothy did that.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    Will all of this be forgotten by the time the fall tour rolls around?
  • Options
    TinAnt said:

Will all of this be forgotten by the time the fall tour rolls around?

I can't imagine why it would be.
    10C will likely send out a message again anyway.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DuckwoodDuckwood Posts: 22
    Wow am I glad 10C finally did something!
    The Oslo-queue the day after the warning was the best queue I've been in! There was an actual line, and it was easy to see who had which place in the line. When I arrived I noted who was the last one, said hi to that person and told him "I'm behind you, but I'm going to chat with my friends over there". When we were moved to the line with the barriers we moved to our original places and stayed there. This was great! Got to meet a whole bunch of new people I hadn't spoken to earlier in the day, and there was a much more relaxed atmosphere. This was even in the middle of nowhere with just an expensive café nearby, but people stayed there the whole day.
    There were no numbers to exploit and use as "proof" of your place, just the 60 something lovely eyewitnesses that you've been hanging with in the queue.
    I really had the most fantastic day in a while! So next time somebody brings a list, go f*** yourself, and instead write your number on your forehead so the band can see you are their most dedicated fan. I like this compromise. :)

And as Dimi said, amazing things can happen in second, third, fourth row etc as well.

PJ:

Oslo - 2014

Stockholm - 2014

Auckland - 2014

Oslo - 2012

Stockholm 2012

Dublin - 2010

Belfast - 2010

Manchester - 2009

EV:

Berlin - 2017

Cork - 2017

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Love reading firsthand accounts that the list was successfully scuttled! I admit, I had my doubts. Nice work 10c!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

100 Pacer said:

Very cool.
    You still go to PJ shows.........I'd think you would out grow the fad by now =))
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Duckwood said:

The Oslo-queue the day after the warning was the best queue I've been in! There was an actual line, and it was easy to see who had which place in the line. When I arrived I noted who was the last one, said hi to that person and told him "I'm behind you, but I'm going to chat with my friends over there". When we were moved to the line with the barriers we moved to our original places and stayed there. This was great! Got to meet a whole bunch of new people I hadn't spoken to earlier in the day, and there was a much more relaxed atmosphere. This was even in the middle of nowhere with just an expensive café nearby, but people stayed there the whole day.
    There were no numbers to exploit and use as "proof" of your place, just the 60 something lovely eyewitnesses that you've been hanging with in the queue.
    I really had the most fantastic day in a while! So next time somebody brings a list, go f*** yourself, and instead write your number on your forehead so the band can see you are their most dedicated fan. I like this compromise. :)

And as Dimi said, amazing things can happen in second, third, fourth row etc as well.

That's great to hear Mona - especially after our Vienna experience!! :)
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Got an email from the 10C after I had written them regarding the issue. That note is real and they made the same points in the email to me. Very appreciative for the response and the effort for them to actually take action with this. For all the complaining people do about the 10c, I have never had a bad experience and this just furthers that opinion for me.

Hopefully this issue is done with.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited July 2014
    Wave, same here..have had nothing but positive experiences with 10C and even the mods..they do great job. Its really great last show went with no list but surely in US the temptation will be back so just have to fight it.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Will never understand this List thing, although i am a 10c member i normally get GA tickets from TM so i don't have to stand with all the whiners in the 10c area that think there better than everyone else because there numbers lower than mine, as for queuing all night, i show up 1 hour before the band comes on,stand half way to the stage, have a great time then leave, anything more than that is a waist of time..
  • Options
    Beck.. said:

Will never understand this List thing, although i am a 10c member i normally get GA tickets from TM so i don't have to stand with all the whiners in the 10c area that think there better than everyone else because there numbers lower than mine, as for queuing all night, i show up 1 hour before the band comes on,stand half way to the stage, have a great time then leave, anything more than that is a waist of time..

But all GA tix in North America are 10c tix and have nothing to do with seniority.....
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    Beck.. said:

What's your number? I bet mine's lower than yours.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492

The lottery is exactly the same for all US arenas. There is no confusion at all.

As far as why the list/check-in system doesn't get used here, there are a variety of reasons. There is a history of GA and queuing that exists in Europe that doesn't exist here and the Springsteen org understands that the queue is part of the experience. In 2002, when Bruce started doing GA in the States, the list/check-in system was used and US venues were most definitely not happy to have people camped out for days. From a liability standpoint, they didn't want the grounds being used for that purpose. They experimented with the lottery when the tour resumed in 2003. Then in Sacramento in the Spring of 2003, the venue kicked the line off the property and it wound up being held at a local mall. The Springsteen org honored the list in that case and that was the last E Street Band arena show in the US without a lottery.

• Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    Beck.. said:

anything more than that is a waist of time..

ok ok i just thought this thread needed some lightening up..
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198

PJ_Soul said:

Yes, Boothy did that.
    Duckwood said:

I love reading this! How it should be!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    The line and list was used the entire 2013 US tour with the same crap where people left for hours.
  • Options

Beck.. said:

anything more than that is a waist of time..

ok ok i just thought this thread needed some lightening up..
    =))
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

The line and list was used the entire 2013 US tour with the same crap where people left for hours.

I heard the same thing when I was at Brooklyn and then heard it again in philly. "Fucktards and their greedy ass little pearl jam groupies. It's so amazing how barely a few have come to their defense. I'd love to hear from the list organizers. What's their logic for leaving for hrs and hrs, sleeping in comfy beds while others lay on the ground waiting for their opportunity for rail. Then to have these fucktards show up 5 mins before gates open and push everyone back. Fuck that and fuck them." Why do I feel the words I just quoted could easily be ed on stage ranting about this list and the listers. Hahaha

Edit-ed DIDNT say that quote, I, bad brains quoted myself. Not to be confused.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Duckwood said:

Mona!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I am bored at work and read the whole thread. I hate to say it but I'm not sure if the letter from ten club is legit. Like someone said, wouldn't there b a new thread from Kat or Sea with an official announcement? It's buried on page 19. Wouldn't they email the info to everyone? I can't see them going through their mailbox and selecting who to send the email to.

I hope it's real.
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Only way to find out if it's real is to ask. Kat, Sea ?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575

I am bored at work and read the whole thread. I hate to say it but I'm not sure if the letter from ten club is legit. Like someone said, wouldn't there b a new thread from Kat or Sea with an official announcement? It's buried on page 19. Wouldn't they email the info to everyone? I can't see them going through their mailbox and selecting who to send the email to.

I hope it's real.

You get an email before the shows you have tickets 10C to. They emailed it to those people.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.