Options

This has to stop

Comments

• Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    PJ_Soul said:

It's a totally different situation if the band's reps are in charge and everyone is informed of the process by the official fan club and it's monitored and controlled. That isn't the case here.

Bruce's people have nothing at all to do with the list, though they do accept that the list is happening so it is quasi-official at this point. It is completely fan run and fan administrated.

• Options

And the people who don't go to every show, have no idea of an unofficial list, and show up to actually wait in line should just all eat shit?

There is one GA entrance and the list is kept there. Even if you've never been to a show before, you would be told about it and the vast majority of Springsteen concert-goers doing GA have been to shows before. Plus, the list is widely known about online. Everyone goes on the list and gets a number on their hand.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited June 2014
    Luckytwn1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's a totally different situation if the band's reps are in charge and everyone is informed of the process by the official fan club and it's monitored and controlled. That isn't the case here.

Bruce's people have nothing at all to do with the list, though they do accept that the list is happening so it is quasi-official at this point. It is completely fan run and fan administrated.

Oh, okay, well I 'd have to hear from more people to know that it wasn't being abused either. But at any rate, the Pearl Jam fans running the lists obviously are abusing the system and allowing it to be abused, so this is actually irrelevant, lol. Doesn't matter what may or may not be working for Springsteen fans (I'd be shocked if what you describe doesn't bring problems to people if random fans are making up rules and enforcing them when they have absolutely no authority to do so, and I'd love to know how well their friends do in said line). A list ain't working for PJ ones.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    You know what else has to stop? This thread.

See what did there? :D
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited June 2014
    Luckytwn1 said:

And the people who don't go to every show, have no idea of an unofficial list, and show up to actually wait in line should just all eat shit?

There is one GA entrance and the list is kept there. Even if you've never been to a show before, you would be told about it and the vast majority of Springsteen concert-goers doing GA have been to shows before. Plus, the list is widely known about online. Everyone goes on the list and gets a number on their hand.

Again, none of those things make the list valid. You also left out the second half of my post that doesn't support your argument.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    ldent42 said:

Agree 100%
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    jervin007 said:

ldent42 said:

Agree 100%
    So continue to bump it...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jervin007 said:

ldent42 said:

Agree 100%
    Double post. Damn this format. Hahaha, can't we all go back to complaining about that?
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options

Luckytwn1 said:

Again, none of those things make the list valid. You also left out the second half of my post that doesn't support your argument.
    The list is valid because it is what is done. If you go to a Springsteen show in Europe, you will abide by the list. It's that simple. Bruce doesn't want the lists here in the States so they use the lottery system. Now we know that PJ doesn't want the lists used and that is fine.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1 said:

Luckytwn1 said:

The list is valid because it is what is done. If you go to a Springsteen show in Europe, you will abide by the list. It's that simple. Bruce doesn't want the lists here in the States so they use the lottery system. Now we know that PJ doesn't want the lists used and that is fine.
    Hard to argue with that logic.
  • Options
    The logic of waiting your turn to get into a venue is not difficult to comprehend.
    If there is a line when you get to the venue then you wait in that line. What is so hard to understand?
  • Options
    edited June 2014

The logic of waiting your turn to get into a venue is not difficult to comprehend.
    If there is a line when you get to the venue then you wait in that line. What is so hard to understand?

But people have a list at Bruce's European concerts. It's that simple...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Any system where people are reserving spots on an unofficial list and then spending the day in museums and such deserves to be shut down. I for one am glad this one was. Love Springsteen but I'm unimpressed by his fan run system.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Lots of trolling on this thread… I thought this issue was settled?
  • Options

CLEARLY unsettled!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options

CLEARLY unsettled!
    That is gross. Hahaha
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    So, if you are not in line you are not in line. That clears it up. No more list or taking numbers. If someone cuts you and your line friends, raise shit.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    People in
    ldent42 said:

No till it's abolished and this sweet benefit for list makers and friends stops.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Olivavu said:

I would be interested to see if any of these selfish arseholes are prepared to defend this nasty list.

They never do.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    I haven't read all the posts and therefore apologise I know I don't say anything new. The number on the hand sucks!!! I saw 2 guys in Berlin that had the same number :-O :-O I couldn't believe it, it's so wrong – NOT OFFICIAL – and not supported by the Ten Club. We queued patiently for hours and hours in the super hot sun or in the very cold wind, I couldn't believe that some arrogant, cheeky person came running jumping the queue, saying "sorry, sorry I was here at 6 o'clock this morning I have priority..." but where were you for the rest of the day?? Unbelievable!!
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    well, glad to see this thing has run it's course.

we all knew when this started that this was where it would end up.

"I want to be on the rail, but I want to go party all day and not stand in line."

I'm still confused how people think "GA" doesn't mean "General Admission". If you want to own a piece of real estate for the show - get yourself a reserved seat. Otherwise, fuck off.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Did it work? Did the list die somewhere between Stockholm and Oslo? Still waiting to hear a first hand report. If 10c has been handing out that flyer since Amsterdam and the list has continued unabated, I'm not sure the email alone will be enough to kill it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    This has been an amusing thread (dog sexing/barfing is pretty funny) but the same shitbags are going to keep shitting on others because they seemingly can. People just need to stand up for it if this happens during the shows upcoming - document and send to 10C.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    edited June 2014
    Post edited by moretonbayfig on
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,844
    Bit late to the (pre)party, but here's my thoughts:

I feel sorry for the people going to their first ever show. We all must recall how that feels. Being a little giddy that you're going to see your fave band. You plan on getting there a little early to get a good spot. You turn up mid-afternoon and see twenty or so people infront of you. You can't believe your luck! Down the front, probably as near to being front-and-centre as you can get. Then the news breaks that there's 100s of people infront of you. We all know where that goes from that point.

And those people going to their first show will get the impression that PJ fans are jerks, which we know is not the case for 99.99% of fans. That's not good.

I'm surprised with the advent of smart phones, these people shitting on their own fanbase and band haven't been found out sooner, rarther than later.

FWIW, I've been to nearly 50 shows and have had the rail once (purely by chance - Belfast, 2010, if you care), and the experierence wasn't as great as you'd believe. Always found it better to be 5 or 6 rows back, without much neck-creaking invovled. :D

Hopefully something gets done about this and people's nights aren't spoiled by a minority.

Keep on RITFW.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    shep said:

well, glad to see this thing has run it's course.

we all knew when this started that this was where it would end up.

"I want to be on the rail, but I want to go party all day and not stand in line."

I'm still confused how people think "GA" doesn't mean "General Admission". If you want to own a piece of real estate for the show - get yourself a reserved seat. Otherwise, fuck off.

Well Said!
  • Options
    Mac DogMac Dog Posts: 79
    The list system didn't work for Springsteen in the US for all of the reasons stated here.... So now, you go at some point during the day and get a wristband. At 5 pm, the number is drawn and the front of the line starts from that number. No controversy for the most part, and it frees up everyone's time to go and enjoy the city that they are in. Anyone who comes after 5 simply joins the line until the doors open. Simple and straightforward. Takes away accusations of fixing shit.
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Pretty simple to me if you leave the line you are now out of the line.
  • Options
    rdalhuisenrdalhuisen Den Haag Posts: 110
    edited June 2014
    TC should kick out all the persons who started this list crap this tour (I am talking about the assholes who told the Amsterdam security the list thing is a PJ policy). I've been talking to security several minutes and told them TC doesn't support this!

The list people made a deal with security that the first 260 numbers got their own entrance. They had a SEPERATE section before TC line where everybody with a number on his hand could enter and exit till 5.45!!!

They where pretty clear about the subject in the confirmation e-mails (see below). Such a disrespect for the band and the community...

Peace ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

"- The GA line is first-come, first-served. In the past, fans have used their own fan created numbering system to save a place in line. This is not organized or policed by the Ten Club. Although we appreciate the good intentions in the fans creating this system, we have seen fans abuse this in the past arriving early to get a number, and then leaving for long expanses of time. We do not condone this. It is the Ten Club’s position that those that put in the time to wait in the early entry line all day should be of the first in the door. Of course it is necessary to take bathroom breaks. Like any other line that you find yourself standing in for long periods of time in your life, simply communicate to your neighbor that you need a quick break and will be right back and they will ask the same in return from you because this is the right thing to do. The GA line should be a friendly community. Be neighborly and respectful and do not abuse the kindness of your fellow Ten Club members.`
    Post edited by rdalhuisen on
    Arnhem 06, Antwerp 06, Barcelona 06, Paris 06, Munich 07, Copenhagen 07, Nijmegen 07, Hartford 08, Mansfied 08, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, Nijmegen 10, Berlin 10, Alpine Valley I & II 11, Toronto II 11, Hamilton 11, Manchester I & II 12, Amsterdam I & II 12, Stockholm 12, Worcester I & II 13, Philly I & II 13, Hartford 13
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    edited June 2014
    If the BS list system is so great, why isn't it used in the USA? I found this info online about BS lottery GA policy and it's not as great as everyone is making it out to be. Seems like a lot of work for the fan club, actually. I found something else that mentioned different venues having different policies for his shows and that would be confusing.

Edit to add...It would be awesome to get the rail because of waiting in a line, NOT because of a random lottery draw. Hope 10C doesn't change to lottery.

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/galotteryprocedures
    Post edited by covered in bliss on