Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

Your Juggler has golfed three times this month, including today.

And now he's smoking a cigar on the deck, drinking good beer, whilst grilling a pork loin.

Viva le Climate Change

Did a venison loin in the sous vide last evening. Finished on the grill. Amazing.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

And now he's smoking a cigar on the deck, drinking good beer, whilst grilling a pork loin.

Viva le Climate Change

Did a venison loin in the sous vide last evening. Finished on the grill. Amazing.
    I gotta look into this sous vide thing...

70 on Thursday. Looks like I will be calling out of work
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Viva le Climate Change

I gotta look into this sous vide thing...

70 on Thursday. Looks like I will be calling out of work
    awesome way of cooking. Kinda too easy but makes everything so fucking tender
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Remember seeing this last year. For a guy who was one of the minor pieces of that trade, the Phils have gotten their money's worth for Eickhoff thus far..

Since the trade---
    Eickhoff vs. Hamels
    Name: Jerad Eickhoff-- Starts: 41... IP:248.1... ERA: 3.44 FIP: 4... K/9: 7.83... BB/9: 1.99
    Name: Cole Hamels-- Starts: 44... IP: 284.1... ERA: 3.42 FIP: 3.92... K/9: 8.8... BB/9: 3.17

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tickets and hotel are all set for rock and roll hall of fame. Pretty pumped.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I didnt do hotel yet, still waiting on finding out who is going to watch 12 year old nephew of FMe and 2 year old son of FMe. Can't leave those little junkies alone and the in-laws are traveling.
    Should probably reserve a hotel anyway and cancel if we find out we cannot go. (In truth...find out how pissed off Mrs FMe will be with me if I go without her, while she stays home with the kids, and I party with fellow 10C-ers.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I didnt do hotel yet, still waiting on finding out who is going to watch 12 year old nephew of FMe and 2 year old son of FMe. Can't leave those little junkies alone and the in-laws are traveling.
    Should probably reserve a hotel anyway and cancel if we find out we cannot go. (In truth...find out how pissed off Mrs FMe will be with me if I go without her, while she stays home with the kids, and I party with fellow 10C-ers.)

Fuck it. She'll get over it. Lol

We're staying in Brooklyn. Actually more expensive than Manhattan but I haven't explored it at all really aside from a night or two in dumbo and Peter luger's
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478

Viva le Climate Change

not my Juggler!

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Viva le Climate Change

not my Juggler!

What's your problem?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203

Wobbie said:

Viva le Climate Change

not my Juggler!

What's your problem?
    you mean other than he is fan of teams in about 9 different cities? :hang_loose:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

We're staying in Brooklyn. Actually more expensive than Manhattan but I haven't explored it at all really aside from a night or two in dumbo and Peter luger's
    oh shit I want to eat at Luger's soon.
    I agree, she will get over it -- especially since it may be the only time we get to see them all year, even if only for a few songs. (Predicting a Labor Day event of some sort and I am in my buddy's wedding in Mendocino, CA over that weekend so this prediction comes with a 'not going' tag)

And Juggs -- Wobbie's only problem is Grouchy Old Fan syndrome. He is a great guy for a 100 year old.
    Not sure why he likes posting in the Philly thread...this is one of the few areas he doesn't root for a team in.
  • Options

oh shit I want to eat at Luger's soon.
    I agree, she will get over it -- especially since it may be the only time we get to see them all year, even if only for a few songs. (Predicting a Labor Day event of some sort and I am in my buddy's wedding in Mendocino, CA over that weekend so this prediction comes with a 'not going' tag)

And Juggs -- Wobbie's only problem is Grouchy Old Fan syndrome. He is a great guy for a 100 year old.
    Not sure why he likes posting in the Philly thread...this is one of the few areas he doesn't root for a team in.
    It's amazing. I'd hit it up that weekend if we weren't already spending a million bucks.
  • Options
    Fuck it. Reserved a room at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge for Thursday and Friday for the show
    (And for Luger's on Thursday night potentially)
    Don't want to deal with Friday traffic on way up before the show.
    Can always cancel if we need to bail. Was going to go Red Lion right by the arena but couldn't stomach paying that much for a crappy hotel. $50 more per night got me 5 star digs with a killer view.
  • Options

Fuck it. Reserved a room at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge for Thursday and Friday for the show
    (And for Luger's on Thursday night potentially)
    Don't want to deal with Friday traffic on way up before the show.
    Can always cancel if we need to bail. Was going to go Red Lion right by the arena but couldn't stomach paying that much for a crappy hotel. $50 more per night got me 5 star digs with a killer view.

Screw all that driving noise. Amtrak is the way to be.

Dumbo is a cool spot. We're at the aloft between you and the arena. Seems like a decent neighborhood.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Know what's tons o' fun? Riding up Spruce Street, in the bike lane safely doing safe stuff safely, and a taxi cab comes barreling up behind you, runs you over and then takes off. Fun times.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Know what's tons o' fun? Riding up Spruce Street, in the bike lane safely doing safe stuff safely, and a taxi cab comes barreling up behind you, runs you over and then takes off. Fun times.

Whhhaaat the hell? You alright? Today? Been on the bike this week too. Ride back and forth on Spruce and Pine. The bike lanes are getting out of control there with parked cars, ubers stopping, parked UPS trucks...

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

Whhhaaat the hell? You alright? Today? Been on the bike this week too. Ride back and forth on Spruce and Pine. The bike lanes are getting out of control there with parked cars, ubers stopping, parked UPS trucks...

Yeah, not terrible - shoulder's banged up, other than that some scrapes and rashes. This was yesterday around 5:30. All of a sudden I hear something behind me in the bike lane and it's some fuckface cabbie 10 feet from me. So I brace for impact 'cause there's nothing else I can do at this point, he slams up behind me, throwing me off my bike. He then slowly goes around me, and I think he's stopping. Nope. Takes off. Pretty awesome how many people were witnesses, helping me out, trying to chase the guy down. Luckily, I was wearing a helmet and got the fucker's license plate number.

This dude - and the cab company - are fucked. I've been emailing/calling/FB messaging/tweeting at them all night and day. So they better be ready to settle quickly, or we can go way of lawyers, that's fine by me. Biggest thing I'm pissed about is my fucking Mountain Hardwear jacket is ruined. Fuckin' fucker, gets me pissed just thinking about it. But I could be dead, so there's that; surprising he didn't just run me over.

People are nuts; always wear a helmet.
  • Options

Yeah, not terrible - shoulder's banged up, other than that some scrapes and rashes. This was yesterday around 5:30. All of a sudden I hear something behind me in the bike lane and it's some fuckface cabbie 10 feet from me. So I brace for impact 'cause there's nothing else I can do at this point, he slams up behind me, throwing me off my bike. He then slowly goes around me, and I think he's stopping. Nope. Takes off. Pretty awesome how many people were witnesses, helping me out, trying to chase the guy down. Luckily, I was wearing a helmet and got the fucker's license plate number.

This dude - and the cab company - are fucked. I've been emailing/calling/FB messaging/tweeting at them all night and day. So they better be ready to settle quickly, or we can go way of lawyers, that's fine by me. Biggest thing I'm pissed about is my fucking Mountain Hardwear jacket is ruined. Fuckin' fucker, gets me pissed just thinking about it. But I could be dead, so there's that; surprising he didn't just run me over.

Good god, man. Glad you're alright. Could have been worse, but that blows dude. I'd definitely be all over that company. Taxi's are the worst. What the hell was he doing in the first place? Lucky you heard him and were able to quickly brace.

Yeah, dude. Helmets. Fucking idiot hipsters all over the city not wearing them. Bunch of idiots.

• Options
    Yeah, man, and the dude came about a foot from hitting a woman and her baby in a stroller. This woman told me it seemed like he was rushing to make the light, got out of the way of the traffic backed up on Spruce and starting hitting the curb and trying to go up the bike lane.

All this talk of protected bike lanes, but nothing. It would be nice.
  • Options

Yeah, man, and the dude came about a foot from hitting a woman and her baby in a stroller. This woman told me it seemed like he was rushing to make the light, got out of the way of the traffic backed up on Spruce and starting hitting the curb and trying to go up the bike lane.

All this talk of protected bike lanes, but nothing. It would be nice.

Terrible, man. Glad it wasn't worse.

Yeah, think they have one in the NE, but who the hell rides bikes in the NE?

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203

damn that's awful. thank God you were wearing a helmet and didn't land in other traffic. cabbies in Philly are the absolute worst.
  • Options
    I almost smeared a fucking bike guy on market today. He was going in-between card, the wrong way, as we were turning. I saw him so it wasn't that close but he was looking to get hit. You were doing your own thing and get run over. Crazy.

Ate at joy tsin lau for dim sum today. So tasty.

Amtrak is a pain in the ass for me, I need to drive elsewhere to get it to Brooklyn. We'll see, perhaps that is an option. I am a CA guy still I guess and am programmed to get everywhere via car.
  • Options
    JP--I feel your pain. I was actually hit by some nut driving a hummer while walking up Chestnut street one night about 15 years ago. I think we were leaving that Plough in the Stars place late night. Was pretty hammered and this yellow Hummer came up behind us and I didn't notice and BAM! Your Juggler got knocked off his ass. Like your story the asshole drove off. People around me chased him for a few blocks but nobody got a license plate number. Anyway--I was taken to Thomas Jefferson and, somehow, the only injuries I had were a few bruises and broken toe nails (though I swear I've had back issues that didn't start until after that night). Was back at work couple days later on Monday like nothing happened.

I still have the pants I was wearing that night with a tire mark running up the pant leg and the police sketch which was pretty funny---a picture of a stick man crossing the street and a huge truck heading right towards it with an arrow pointing at it. Haha. Always meant to get that framed...

Glad you're not seriously hurt.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think about when I am going to get hit all the time. Assume it's going to happen at some point...
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I almost smeared a fucking bike guy on market today. He was going in-between card, the wrong way, as we were turning. I saw him so it wasn't that close but he was looking to get hit. You were doing your own thing and get run over. Crazy.

Ate at joy tsin lau for dim sum today. So tasty.

Amtrak is a pain in the ass for me, I need to drive elsewhere to get it to Brooklyn. We'll see, perhaps that is an option. I am a CA guy still I guess and am programmed to get everywhere via car.

Yeah, we'll obviously come into Penn Station and hop on the subway, which is really easy for where we're staying. I hate driving.
  • Options
    Boom. Just got HOF tickets. Can't wait!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Boom. Just got HOF tickets. Can't wait!

Good stuff. Yeah, I'm getting pumped
  • Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Doubly good yesterday. Found a sitter for HoF night in Brooklyn and celebrated with a steak at Jim's. Undercooked onions this time but the steak was as good as always. I think they just use better meat than most.
  • Options
    ^
    Always liked Jim's but haven't been there in ages. Dalessandro's is my favorite....and I can't even remember the last time I was there either. Fuck.

Made reservations at Lugers after seeing you guys hype it up the other week.
    chinese-happy.jpg