Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,089
    edited January 2014
    Them having an actual mobile version now
    Kat said:

jeffbr said:

Kat said:

Some people are approaching some very thin ice. If you'd like to comment on the forum change, that's fine. Rude comments about people, Ten Club, Band, other employees of the band are NOT ok. See the Posting Guidelines to preserve posting privileges.

Are we really not able to call out 10c on things they do that we disagree with? I'm sorry, and maybe I'm on thin ice, but this really is a 10c issue that goes beyond font / screen color. This goes to a fundamental lack of planning, development, testing, rollout, and most importantly - communication. The board upgrade is not the issue. The tweaks that would need to be dealt with post-rollout is not the issue. Getting used to a new message board platform is not really the issue (that takes care of itself in time). The issue is that there was no communication around this, and it was very clearly prematurely rolled out. We pay money to the 10c, and are customers - although I don't think that is often taken into account by the 10c mgmt. Getting negative customer feedback when an issue creates customer dissatisfaction shouldn't come as a surprise. It is a pretty standard response and every business is aware of it. The problem is that the 10c doesn't always act like a business. I know we shouldn't call names, but someone should be held accountable. The reality is nobody will be held accountable, and we'll be made to feel ungrateful for complaining.
    I will repeat this for you. Please read it carefully. "Some people are approaching some very thin ice. If you'd like to comment on the forum change, that's fine. Rude comments about people, Ten Club, Band, other employees of the band are NOT ok. See the Posting Guidelines to preserve posting privileges."

This thread exists to discuss the forum change. You can agree or disagree with the change. You can discuss it. You can make polite suggestions. What you cannot do is make rude personal comments about people. Not ever. Not about each other; not about any employee of the band. It's NEVER ok. If you choose to do it, you are choosing to have your account be permanently read-only. Please don't make that choice. I hope that's clearer now. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear the first time. That was the focus of what I was saying.

Admin

I do not in any way mean to come off as rude here.

But why can't you give him or her constructive, transparent and straight answers to his or hers actual complaints regarding the change to this new forum, and how the roll-out was and is being handled by the tenclub (which we pay 20 to 50 dollars to annually to use) - instead of choosing to, how I see it, only focus on weather he is on thin ice or not?

I hope this does not come off as "rude", I mean this in the most constructive way possible.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    An update on any sort of plans/changes that will be made(not made) to the forum, from anyone really, would be quite welcome.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited January 2014
    vaggar99 said:

If a white background really bothers you, you probably need to go to some other sites besides this. You'll see that it's very common. I'm thinking google, apple...

I go to all kinds of sites all the time. This one really strains the eyes. It's not JUST the fact that it's white. It's all kind of other factors combined with the whiteness that is making it really hard to look at. I don't think people are lying about having headaches and sore eyes after reading this site. Obviously something is wrong with it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Maybe dim the monitor a bit? Wouldn't be so bright and the colour so 'in your face'. Though I don't think any dimming can rectify the yellow highlight for new posts in threads!
  • Options
    I've got other things to do on my computer while I'm here. Nothing else needs to be dimmed, and I'm not about to switch back and forth.... We shouldn't have to be dimming our screens to look at the 10C forum.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited January 2014
    redrock said:

Maybe dim the monitor a bit? Wouldn't be so bright and the colour so 'in your face'. Though I don't think any dimming can rectify the yellow highlight for new posts in threads!

Im not touching anything..im not even log out at mobile or pc..who knows if let me log in again??no luxury for that kind of tests!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    redrock said:

I think the problem is the small font and the badly chosen font and not the white in itself.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

If a white background really bothers you, you probably need to go to some other sites besides this. You'll see that it's very common. I'm thinking google, apple...

I go to all kinds of sites all the time. This one really strains the eyes. It's not JUST the fact that it's white. It's all kind of other factors combined with the whiteness that is making it really hard to look at. I don't think people are lying about having headaches and sore eyes after reading this site. Obviously something is wrong with it.
    I think just having a bigger/different font for the pc version would do it
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    Can someone please explain a little what "Tags" are please. I don't know why there is so much space dedicated to "Popular Tags" Nearly all tags have 1 beside it - What does that mean?

Thanks

• Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    I only check in to see if they have changed the forum back. Well, they haven't and well, it still really sucks. Soon I won't be coming back hardly ever at all.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options

Can someone please explain a little what "Tags" are please. I don't know why there is so much space dedicated to "Popular Tags" Nearly all tags have 1 beside it - What does that mean?

Thanks

Tags are words the thread starter thinks suits the topic of the thread, 5 is the most. And then popular tags will float to the top on the list on the left and not popular picked tags will not be seen. So, than if a tag like "Eddie Vedder" is being used a lot, it will be in the top with a high number next to it.

Sort of like hashtags on twitter.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    edited January 2014
    Kat said:

kg162716 said:

So what are your thoughts of the forum Kat?
    Here to stay no matter what?

Were you around in 1994 on the AOL boards when that place was huge? That "board" locked up at 500 posts...and that happened a LOT. :x And were you around in 1998 for our first official forum? That one broke all the time...but we had an official place to talk about our favorite band's music and tours and etc. I'm sorry some people are unhappy but this is our forum now. We'll work on it being a really nice place where people can connect, on computer and mobile devices. :x

.................temporary sig................
    Feel like voting?
    http://loudwire.com/best-rock-song-of-2013-3rd-annual-loudwire-music-awards/
    Kat,

-How can the white background still be here? If the idea is to make it more mobile-friendly, there's a very simple piece of software called a user agent which is straight-forward to implement. If the website sees that a site viewer is a "mobile" user, then it could maintain the white background and black font. If it's a desktop, it could initiate a different colour scheme.

-How can the font be so illegibly tiny? As has been mentioned too many times to count here - a strong web design does not require the human on the other end to alter browser settings for it to be merely LEGIBLE.

-If feedback from a user base at large is overwhelming, why weren't select people contacted? It's one of my biggest peeves about the way this place is run that you guys have clients just BEGGING to be free market research for you, and yet end up feeling neglected time and time again. From my perspective (it wouldn't be fair of me to speak for the group at large), there is a major disconnect which I feel between the management and myself as a paying client, and avid fan. We give suggestions to be ignored. We're ASKED for suggestions to be ignored.

I appreciate you tolerating people like me, but I assure you I'm not trying to stir the pot. The day that this organization responds properly to our legitimate concerns will be a great one for me! I spend plenty of time and money supporting this band and befriending its lovely fans, and this is the place to do that. Anything that enhances that spirit can only be a good thing. Conversely, anything that damages it - not so nice.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    edited January 2014
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Is anyone having this double log in issue that I mentioned earlier? (I am on a PC)

If I am not logged in and am reading threads I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page where you are given two options "Sign in or Register to comment"

Clicking on one of those you are brought to the log in screen. If I sign in this way I am able to visit other parts of the site logged in.

My issue is that if I just log into the website through the homepage if I visit the forum I have to log in again to comment. This redundancy issue if corrected would make for a faster, smoother browsing experience.

If this has been noticed by anyone else could you please respond so this issue is read by the techs.

Thanks

• Options

Is anyone having this double log in issue that I mentioned earlier? (I am on a PC)

If I am not logged in and am reading threads I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page where you are given two options "Sign in or Register to comment"

Clicking on one of those you are brought to the log in screen. If I sign in this way I am able to visit other parts of the site logged in.

My issue is that if I just log into the website through the homepage if I visit the forum I have to log in again to comment. This redundancy issue if corrected would make for a faster, smoother browsing experience.

If this has been noticed by anyone else could you please respond so this issue is read by the techs.

Thanks

I've had this issue, but don't really care. I have to log in twice instead of once - no biggie. Although I guess if I were logging in and out several times a day I would mind. I normally only log in once in the morning and that keeps me logged in until I shut down my computer at the end of the day. No issues on the phone. I set that to save my password, and I haven't logged in since the first day of the new forum.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I've had this issue, but don't really care. I have to log in twice instead of once - no biggie. Although I guess if I were logging in and out several times a day I would mind. I normally only log in once in the morning and that keeps me logged in until I shut down my computer at the end of the day. No issues on the phone. I set that to save my password, and I haven't logged in since the first day of the new forum.
    It is not a huge issue but it is a change from the old forum where if you log in that's it you are in.

Having to do an extra log in just doesn't make sense. You can't be logged halfway into a website.

This is just perhaps a tweak the techs could address to make it a little smoother for all users.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

redrock said:

I think the problem is the small font and the badly chosen font and not the white in itself.
    Agreed. It is the combination of white and this TINY font. I really really don't like the teal / turquoise either, but I could live with that. I had a LASIK a couple of years ago and all my minus diopters were erased. Through extensive computer work, my eyes have gone worse again. Not a lot, but I need weak glasses to drive. This kind of interface is making it worse.
  • Options
    benjs said:

Kat said:

kg162716 said:

So what are your thoughts of the forum Kat?
    Here to stay no matter what?

Were you around in 1994 on the AOL boards when that place was huge? That "board" locked up at 500 posts...and that happened a LOT. :x And were you around in 1998 for our first official forum? That one broke all the time...but we had an official place to talk about our favorite band's music and tours and etc. I'm sorry some people are unhappy but this is our forum now. We'll work on it being a really nice place where people can connect, on computer and mobile devices. :x

.................temporary sig................
    Feel like voting?
    http://loudwire.com/best-rock-song-of-2013-3rd-annual-loudwire-music-awards/
    Kat,

-How can the white background still be here? If the idea is to make it more mobile-friendly, there's a very simple piece of software called a user agent which is straight-forward to implement. If the website sees that a site viewer is a "mobile" user, then it could maintain the white background and black font. If it's a different colour, it could initiate a different colour scheme.

-How can the font be so illegibly tiny? As has been mentioned too many times to count here - a strong web design does not require the human on the other end to alter browser settings for it to be merely LEGIBLE.

-If feedback from a user base at large is overwhelming, why weren't select people contacted? It's one of my biggest peeves about the way this place is run that you guys have clients just BEGGING to be free market research for you, and yet end up feeling neglected time and time again. From my perspective (it wouldn't be fair of me to speak for the group at large), there is a major disconnect which I feel between the management and myself as a paying client, and avid fan. We give suggestions to be ignored. We're ASKED for suggestions to be ignored.

I appreciate you tolerating people like me, but I assure you I'm not trying to stir the pot. The day that this organization responds properly to our legitimate concerns will be a great one for me! I spend plenty of time and money supporting this band and befriending its lovely fans, and this is the place to do that. Anything that enhances that spirit can only be a good thing. Conversely, anything that damages it - not so nice.
    Well said, you articulate how I feel so much better. The major disconnect you feel is how I've been feeling for years, it's the music and people I've met on here that keeps me around, and the club, I feel, knows how attached many of us are. I feel they really take advantage of our attachment and don't serve us properly. In fact, with the easy blows of banning and threats? Wow. Not only unprofessional, but any other type of business running like this wouldn't still be in business.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    Damn, i need to take a couple of aspirins.

I wonder why?>

:))
  • Options
    I am going to copy and paste your comment because for some reason quoting is not working right now.

You Said

"Well said, you articulate how I feel so much better. The major disconnect you feel is how I've been feeling for years, it's the music and people I've met on here that keeps me around, and the club, I feel, knows how attached many of us are. I feel they really take advantage of our attachment and don't serve us properly. In fact, with the easy blows of banning and threats? Wow. Not only unprofessional, but any other type of business running like this wouldn't still be in business."

I Said

I am not sure how a comment like yours is about the new forum but as others are reading this thread and want to improve this new forum after reading your comment I just felt I had to respond as a 10c member. No one is taking advantage of your attachment in fact we are all put at an advantage because of our attachment to PJ. The organization is incredible in that it tries it's best to get and keep tickets in the hand of fans. Is it not an incredible feeling as a 10c member to travel the country/world to see this band. The excitement of lining up before the show to pick up your tix in an envelope at the special 10c window not knowing what seats you will get. Just seeing that special box of envelopes knowing that your name is on one of them. The ordered fashion of 10c tix. The awesomeness of having your pair of 10c tix in your pocket with your better half/friend while sitting at the local eatery in a new city while waiting for showtime. The shaking your head in disbelief that as your walking into the stadium there is someone pestering you (a scalper) that they have 10c tix for sale and the smile that you give them because they will never know what kind of show they are missing.

This club has truly connected on what they promise to deliver regardless of the disconnect some may feel.

So to bring the thread back on track this new forum design is still too damn white. This white colour background is nuts.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    this is getting out of hand. its a message board for f's sake. can someone please explain to me the 'real' problems? i'm serious. i've heard of some privacy concerns? what else?
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    vaggar99 said:

this is getting out of hand. its a message board for f's sake. can someone please explain to me the 'real' problems? i'm serious. i've heard of some privacy concerns? what else?

I'm with you. It's not great, but it's not that bad, is it? Way better than the old message pit days for sure. I don't know about everyone else, but most of my windows are white. I get by OK. ;)
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    YLed2 said:

I only check in to see if they have changed the forum back. Well, they haven't and well, it still really sucks. Soon I won't be coming back hardly ever at all.

"I miss you already!"
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    edited January 2014
    this may have been pointed out already, but i dunno if it's just my PC - not sure if i'm increasing the font size by hitting the zoom in button thingee, but on this site it makes a huge difference to readability, and doesn't affect any other website.

so i zoomed in on this site. and only this site.

edit: ok so obviously i'm not increasing the font size since i just said i was zooming. so there's your answer - zoom in. if you hate the lay out anyway, making it bigger isn't going to make you hate it more. and you can read the font. everybody wins.
    Post edited by doompony on
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    Frustrating site. I rarely come here now bc its a mess just trying to sort through things. Ugh, please address these glaring problems soon
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    One step nearer the edge, Annie.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    vaggar99 said:

No..is not just a message board..
    And the real problems are the privacy..the lost data and messages that its so hard to read..its design for mobiles as it seems so they ignore the fact not all have smart phones and they did an unessecary change no one asked ,didnt warn amyone and 90% dont agree with that change...this place is for the fans...you dont do things that 90% of the fans dont want if u care about them..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

vaggar99 said:

And the real problems are the privacy..the lost data and messages that its so hard to read..its design for mobiles as it seems so they ignore the fact not all have smart phones and they did an unessecary change no one asked ,didnt warn amyone and 90% dont agree with that change...this place is for the fans...you dont do things that 90% of the fans dont want if u care about them..
    I'd hate to see how this 90% deal with real problems. Yeah I come on here everyday but bottom line is it is just a message board. #firstworldproblems

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

vaggar99 said:

I'd hate to see how this 90% deal with real problems. Yeah I come on here everyday but bottom line is it is just a message board. #firstworldproblems

I dont get the ironic comment
    .at the moment im at hospital wairing my dad to exam his heart..thats the first world problem.for me
    At pj world and comminity this shitty new forum .yes its the number 1 problem..
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Kat said:

I'm sorry some people are unhappy but this is our forum now. We'll work on it being a really nice place where people can connect, on computer and mobile devices. :x

Very few people seem happy with our forum...If the forum is going to remain like this, then it really shouldn't be something we have to pay to use. The forum should just be opened up to any fan who wants to join at no cost, like other band forums. One of the reasons I am a 10C member is because of how much I enjoyed using the (old) forum and chatting to the lovely people on here. The new forum is uncomfortable to read and this hasn't changed!

Is it possible to get a response from the 10C that addresses the major issues that members are having with the forum, and then outline if and when changes will be made to fix those issues? If a problem isn't going to be addressed, an explanation as to why would be helpful.

I'd like to know if I'm going to have to keep on dimming my screen and zooming in on text to read the forum?

--------
    Maybe the eye is meant to represent the eyestrain that 10C forum users are currently suffering from!

PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com