Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    its crazy to think,that i visit all forums here daily to read..ALL 13 of them
    the last 6 days i vist only 3 of them..
    Given to fly only one thread,the bootleg one,
    Aet forum 5-6 Threads only,are at 1st page
    Porch and went only to the half of second page,and that just once....
    its sad,i cant do and enjoy something i love..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,918
    I'm done. This is not usable. I'll check back in a few months to see if this got fixed or made to be usable. Bye for now.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    There is still a chance that 10C will have a "Microsoft XBoxOne Unveiling" moment and realize they need to do a 180 degree turn ASAP
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Whats the points thingy under your profile? next too your join date/ username/etc?

hmmm maybe warnings i received in the past?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Nami said:

Whats the points thingy under your profile? next too your join date/ username/etc?

they had a thing similar to FB, 'Like' 'Dislike' 'Agree' 'Disagree' and yes, 'Flag'

so it would show how 'reputable' of a poster you are...guess people were playing around with it too much and they took it away.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    oh yes... now i remember. but at the time it had the number much larger in that area.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Nami said:

they had a thing similar to FB, 'Like' 'Dislike' 'Agree' 'Disagree' and yes, 'Flag'

so it would show how 'reputable' of a poster you are...guess people were playing around with it too much and they took it away.

im the most reputable user of Greekglish!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    edited January 2014
    Another really good feature that is now missing: our locations are no longer noted. Not anywhere in our profile, much less next to our posts. I found this info very useful (for a number of reasons). Can we please get that feature back 10C?? I'd much MUCH rather know the location of the member than how many posts they have!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

Another really good feature that is now missing: our locations are no longer noted. Not anywhere in our profile, much less next to our posts. I found this info very useful (for a number of reasons). Can we please get that feature back 10C?? I'd much MUCH rather know the location of the member than how many posts they have!

This was a nice feature. It's the only way I found out that one of our very own forum members (Nothingman203) was deployed over in Afghanistan so I messaged him and we start talking, being friends, etc. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and had to know if he was there as a resident or in the Armed Forces etc. Without location, I may not ever be fortunate enough to know him and call him my friend
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

This was a nice feature. It's the only way I found out that one of our very own forum members (Nothingman203) was deployed over in Afghanistan so I messaged him and we start talking, being friends, etc. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and had to know if he was there as a resident or in the Armed Forces etc. Without location, I may not ever be fortunate enough to know him and call him my friend
    yes, that feature made it easier for people to search others out. Like when touring, we knew who to PM and ask questions and say, "hey, I wanna meet up with you"

I also enjoyed the funny locations people put in...like Chadwick's "up my ass" or Juggler's "directly behind you"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, it's great for all kinds of reasons. That kind of thing, and for members being able to identify other members who live near them, to know who to ask about various places when we're traveling there for shows, whether or not we want to buy/sell/trade with someone (as some don't want to ship overseas), etc etc etc. It's important information for us for sure!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    The location feature was the reason why I reached out to Cav in the first place ... I liked it :)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Location has also been divisive, especially on the AMT. I'm not keen on having info such as the number of visits or the last activity date 'out there' for all.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    redrock said:

Location has also been divisive, especially on the AMT. I'm not keen on having info such as the number of visits or the last activity date 'out there' for all.

No one has to name their actual location though. Many members just put something random in that field. I haven't found it to be divisive at all except in very rare cases. What, will you now just assume that everyone on the AMT is American? It actually kind of matters where someone is from when you're talking politics.
    Anyway, I emailed 10C requesting that they bring this feature back.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,786
    I agree about the location feature too. These are the changes I'd like to see:

1. No bright white! Change to gray or at least vary the shading so it's not all white everywhere
    2. Bring back locations
    3. Bring back birthdays
    4. Find my lost pm's and return them plz

Honestly I really am adjusting but I had to turn down the brightness on my phone screen. My eyes were watering and burning after only a few minutes.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options

The location feature was the reason why I reached out to Cav in the first place ... I liked it :)

There you go... without the location, there could be lost love!! [-X
    They took away birth dates and locations... they have made the forum very impersonal compared to before. :(
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I agree. It feels less personal. Which is weird cause now we have these bigger personal pages... I have been on here less and less in the last couple of days. It's just not as much fun to look for new posts, I somehow don't really find my way around. This is basically the only thread everybody is posting in, it seems. And yes, it's funny that for once everybody seems to agree a lot lol
  • Options

I agree. It feels less personal. Which is weird cause now we have these bigger personal pages... I have been on here less and less in the last couple of days. It's just not as much fun to look for new posts, I somehow don't really find my way around. This is basically the only thread everybody is posting in, it seems. And yes, it's funny that for once everybody seems to agree a lot lol

yep..cos eyes hurt so much after a few minutes..especially at pc..
    last night i borrow my sis husband mobile,to log in,i need to read and answer at pm and not get blind
    this is a torture to think this to come here and havbe this in mind instead the feeling i had before and how happy i was be here..
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Yeah, it really is hard to look through each board for posts. The words are all just mashed together or something, or each thread title isn't separated well, or maybe it's just the bad, bold black font that's disrupting me, hard to say, but it's just not fun anymore. It feels more like a chore... I am not seeking out new posts at all anymore really. Not unless I know what I'm looking for. It sucks.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,786
    One of the things I love about this community is it's geographic diversity. There are people from all over this planet who post here and have at least this one thing in common. Now we can't see that diversity.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I've noticed in threads that the font is larger in the original post vs the responses.

It'd be great if there were consistency in the size (with larger being preferable of course).

(that's what she said)
  • Options

One of the things I love about this community is it's geographic diversity. There are people from all over this planet who post here and have at least this one thing in common. Now we can't see that diversity.

• Options

Totally.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Totally.

btw,works only for Kat and Sea acounts,this geographic info.. ..but where it placed,next to the usuername + post counts make it more difficult to read..
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Totally.

btw,works only for Kat and Sea acounts,this geographic info.. ..but where it placed,next to the usuername + post counts make it more difficult to read..
    What do you mean, Sea and Kat have their location showing by their names? (not too concerned that it's hard to read at the moment, as long as it's there). If so, then at least we know the feature can be added....
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Totally.

What do you mean, Sea and Kat have their location showing by their names? (not too concerned that it's hard to read at the moment, as long as it's there). If so, then at least we know the feature can be added....
    click on Kat's profile...it still shows her 'Location'

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Rhode Island
    Male
    5'11
    Angry
    Handsome
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Totally.

click on Kat's profile...it still shows her 'Location'
    Pretty weird that they have it and we don't....
  • Options

Rhode Island
    Male
    5'11
    Angry
    Handsome

• Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142

at the moment im at hospital wairing my dad to exam his heart..thats the first world problem.for me

Εύχομαι ο πατέρας σας καλή υγεία, Dimitris.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.