Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    boyo79 said:

vaggar99 said:

this is getting out of hand. its a message board for f's sake. can someone please explain to me the 'real' problems? i'm serious. i've heard of some privacy concerns? what else?

No..is not just a message board..
    And the real problems are the privacy..the lost data and messages that its so hard to read..its design for mobiles as it seems so they ignore the fact not all have smart phones and they did an unessecary change no one asked ,didnt warn amyone and 90% dont agree with that change...this place is for the fans...you dont do things that 90% of the fans dont want if u care about them..
    I'd hate to see how this 90% deal with real problems. Yeah I come on here everyday but bottom line is it is just a message board. #firstworldproblems

#noneedtobeadicktothosewhodocare
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

boyo79 said:

vaggar99 said:

this is getting out of hand. its a message board for f's sake. can someone please explain to me the 'real' problems? i'm serious. i've heard of some privacy concerns? what else?

And the real problems are the privacy..the lost data and messages that its so hard to read..its design for mobiles as it seems so they ignore the fact not all have smart phones and they did an unessecary change no one asked ,didnt warn amyone and 90% dont agree with that change...this place is for the fans...you dont do things that 90% of the fans dont want if u care about them..
    I'd hate to see how this 90% deal with real problems. Yeah I come on here everyday but bottom line is it is just a message board. #firstworldproblems

maybe heed your own advice?

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

boyo79 said:

vaggar99 said:

maybe heed your own advice?

Touche.

:o3
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    The Tenclub are not going to engage in this discussion because after 35 pages, there are a lot of minor issues being floated around, they are never going to please everyone, so once they dip their toe into justifying this and that and responding to certain complaints the thing will snowball, we have all seen how things get heated here and people get very upset over very unimportant stuff.

So if they start to reply, where does it all end? when does that discussion stop? when every complaint is settled? the majority are appeased? Or do they provide us with a forum, a new design, and then ask for feedback in this public arena? Then once the settling in period is over deal with it however they feel fit as after all it is indeed their site whether we pay to use it or not.

The forum will improve, it will evolve, and we have to adjust to enjoy it as we did before. It is substantially better on the mobile phone, and with a little tweaking which we can all see is already underway and gradual the site will be just fine.

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I know I'm not contributing much by adding this but hopefully every small complaint gets us a little closer to improvement.

This site is horrible. So bad in fact that this is the only page I bother reading. I only come to the forum to see if there has been any progress. I don't even bother looking at the titles of other threads and haven't posted anywhere else but here. Eventually I'll just stop coming all together. That's obviously not meant as a threat because I realize no one would give a shit. But I would.

I loved "hanging out" here but it feels like someone doused our campfire, replaced it with floodlights and then kicked me in the nuts for complaining.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    pdalowsky said:

The Tenclub are not going to engage in this discussion because after 35 pages, there are a lot of minor issues being floated around, they are never going to please everyone, so once they dip their toe into justifying this and that and responding to certain complaints the thing will snowball, we have all seen how things get heated here and people get very upset over very unimportant stuff.

So if they start to reply, where does it all end? when does that discussion stop? when every complaint is settled? the majority are appeased? Or do they provide us with a forum, a new design, and then ask for feedback in this public arena? Then once the settling in period is over deal with it however they feel fit as after all it is indeed their site whether we pay to use it or not.

The forum will improve, it will evolve, and we have to adjust to enjoy it as we did before. It is substantially better on the mobile phone, and with a little tweaking which we can all see is already underway and gradual the site will be just fine.

They could start a thread and then lock it so nobody can reply. Eg. These are the issues, this is what we are doing, or we are not going to change this because of xyz. It wouldn't be that difficult to do! If a website is hurting your eyes due to a poor colour scheme, small font sizes and a cluttered layout, then that isn't exactly a minor issue for somebody who spends more than a couple of minutes reading and replying to threads. At the very least, it should be easy to read.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited January 2014
    -Emma- said:

pdalowsky said:

They could start a thread and then lock it so nobody can reply. Eg. These are the issues, this is what we are doing, or we are not going to change this because of xyz. It wouldn't be that difficult to do! If a website is hurting your eyes due to a poor colour scheme, small font sizes and a cluttered layout, then that isn't exactly a minor issue for somebody who spends more than a couple of minutes reading and replying to threads. At the very least, it should be easy to read.
    Kat did start a 'forum tips' thread, it is locked-per say, I imagine she is able to unlock and add to it as needed. She may also be collecting information,, and handing over a big list to IT to work on...we all know how much IT guys *love* having to deal with constant 'little things'.

I'm posting from my phone, and I had to dim the screen, that helps immensely but the cursor still has problems jumping around when I try to edit...and it keeps slipping to the left margin, so on the right side I cannot read or edit easily.
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    october22 said:

I know I'm not contributing much by adding this but hopefully every small complaint gets us a little closer to improvement.

This site is horrible. So bad in fact that this is the only page I bother reading. I only come to the forum to see if there has been any progress. I don't even bother looking at the titles of other threads and haven't posted anywhere else but here. Eventually I'll just stop coming all together. That's obviously not meant as a threat because I realize no one would give a shit. But I would.

I loved "hanging out" here but it feels like someone doused our campfire, replaced it with floodlights and then kicked me in the nuts for complaining.

This is exactly how I feel. I come here only to see if they released Video boots after the 12daysofPJ. This is the most off-putting forum. It feels like it was created in in the mid 90's. On a positive note I am more productive now with me new free time and have started eating again.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    I know it's been said before, but this just gives me a headache,and I have to leave after a few minutes.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    How the hell do you follow the most recent threads and bump things to the top like before?
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761

How the hell do you follow the most recent threads and bump things to the top like before?

On the left side of the page "Recent Discussions" is hte new "View Active Topics".

After you mark the forums as read, new replies will show up in a little yellow box and clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off in the thread. (for the record, I love this new feature).
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,786
    I like that if I log in and post from my computer it doesn't log me out on my phone. I used to have to log in again when I went back to my phone. Not that hard, obviously, but it is nice to not have to do this now.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Already visiting here less...and honestly not missing it. Can get much of my PJ fix from various Facebook groups I belong to.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530

boyo79 said:

vaggar99 said:

I dont get the ironic comment
    .at the moment im at hospital wairing my dad to exam his heart..thats the first world problem.for me
    At pj world and comminity this shitty new forum .yes its the number 1 problem..
    perastilka filos..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Anyone else notice how the Quote gets all messed up when you quote a post from the old forum? :/
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

.at the moment im at hospital wairing my dad to exam his heart..thats the first world problem.for me

Yup. Everything's relative.

Dealing with huge issues may put the smaller ones in perspective, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be addressed - especially as has been done here by many members, and far as I can see, with respect and common-sense suggestions.

Criticism can be a good thing, no? Assuming there's openness.

Good thoughts for your father, dimi.

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    Login seems to work funny. Ive been having to log in the main set, then come to the forum, and press "Sign In".
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    23scidoo said:

perastilka filos..

thanks btother
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    hedonist said:

Good thoughts for your father, dimi.

thank You!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited January 2014
    I don't like it, how about the unwritten rule "if it isn't broken, don't fix it"? anyway, relax and enjoy the new boards, mates!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    bazzer said:

vaggar99 said:

I'm with you. It's not great, but it's not that bad, is it? Way better than the old message pit days for sure. I don't know about everyone else, but most of my windows are white. I get by OK. ;)
    Not the end of the world, but I'm not really one to settle for something bad when something good is entirely possible.... Low standards don't sit too well with me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    my best to your father, Dimi
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

vaggar99 said:

I hate this #firstworldproblems thing. You may as well just tell everyone to shut up and accept everything even if they don't like it. image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

boyo79 said:

vaggar99 said:

Hope your dad is okay Dimitris! Good luck to him! :)
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    I think the most important thing here is that we don't let the frustrations of the new board design turn us against each other. Much love to all my Ten Club brothers and sister in these times of trouble!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    2LightYears2LightYears Posts: 69
    edited January 2014
    Just sayin... We old farts need to stick together.
    Post edited by 2LightYears on

Cincinnati, Columbus 2000
    Baltimore 2013
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    edited January 2014
    Just hit mark all viewed by accident, no way to go back is there...

tried searching for an answer but that didn't work...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Spags said:

I think the most important thing here is that we don't let the frustrations of the new board design turn us against each other. Much love to all my Ten Club brothers and sister in these times of trouble!

I can't remember a time when so many members agreed with one another so wholeheartedly, actually. image

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    Blitz spirit.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    I love that when you link to a youtube movie you can se it direct:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfV1-xwvgl4
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin