Options

Your favorite Horror films

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Yes, Madison aka Maddie...gotta go with a hip 2015 name.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Last broadcast (preceded Blair witch project, scary as sh#t)
    The Ring(Asian version)
    The eye(Asian version)
    Also the orphanage is worth checking out, used to watch a lot of gore horror, night of the living dead(original is still cool), but find suspense is more scary nowadays, what it leaves to your imagination creeps into your sub conscious such as the ring, who made that video !!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Has anyone seen this movie?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S94xng8QUO4
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    This is getting good reviews, comes out next week
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRx7iR9kXg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I see Stephen King's "Cell" is finally coming out this year.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    i saw this the other night..not bad

http://youtu.be/uiTPqZkTTN8

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    Is it just me or does the It Follows movie have a Ring vibe too it?
  • Options
    I saw Unfriended tonight. Now i remember why I don't care for most horror movies from the past 10-15 years. Could have been good, but it was really bad.Didn't care for any of the characters. horribly written and stupid ending and plot.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    So i saw Creepshow last night. I hadn't seen that movie in years and forgot most of it. I only really remembered 2 of the stories.

Father's Day (didn't really remember this one too much)
    The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill (didn't remember this one at all)
    Something to Tide You Over (this one i remembered the most)
    The Crate (the other one which i remembered, especially the end)
    They're Creeping Up on You (didn't remember this one)

awesome special effects and yeah pretty creepy.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040

So i saw Creepshow last night. I hadn't seen that movie in years and forgot most of it. I only really remembered 2 of the stories.

Great movie, especially for it's time!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Creepshow is one of my all time favorites.
    The Crate and Father's Day are especially well done.

A younger Hal Holbrook and Ed Harris. Great cast.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Great movie, especially for it's time!
    It's was kind of the Grindhouse of it's day with multiple movies in one. The Nielsen/Danson one is the best.

Night of the Creeps
    Omen
    Legend of Hell House - Saw this on Netflix recently.
    Serpent and the Rainbow
    Jacob's Ladder - More psychological but still a good one.
    Prince of Darkness - JC's most underrated film.
    The Blob remake from 1988
    American Werewolf In London

Also, I'm a big F13 geek and my favorite is the 6th one. There wouldn't be movies like Scream without this.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    ^^^ I remember not even blinking when that guy on the raft molested that sleeping girl. But when I think about it now... that dude's kind of a fucking rapist.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^ I remember not even blinking when that guy on the raft molested that sleeping girl. But when I think about it now... that dude's kind of a fucking rapist.

LOL!!! That's Creepshow 2...but yes, your point i still valid. Creepshow indeed!!!!
  • Options
    I put this in the Sleep Paralysis thread but could easily be in here. Dr. Delight have you seen this? I've experienced this now I want to see this documentary. Same guy who directed Room 237.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPsjWqvwT4
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    My all time favorite is The Shining. The first time I saw it (when it came out) it scared the crap out of me. But ever since then I've mostly dug it for the humor. "Here's Johnny!" and the reams of "All work and no play, etc..." Haha! Cracks me up every time. My wife won't watch horror films. I've tried to convince her that in some ways The Shining is one of the funniest horror films of all time. She's not buying it, haha!, she's smart and she knows me too well.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

My all time favorite is The Shining. The first time I saw it (when it came out) it scared the crap out of me. But ever since then I've mostly dug it for the humor. "Here's Johnny!" and the reams of "All work and no play, etc..." Haha! Cracks me up every time. My wife won't watch horror films. I've tried to convince her that in some ways The Shining is one of the funniest horror films of all time. She's not buying it, haha!, she's smart and she knows me too well.

have you see the Stephen King's version??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    23scidoo said:

brianlux said:

No, I didn't know there was one? Did he direct it? Was it a regular release or HBO or something?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Have you read the book?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    The sixth sense with Bruce Willis :)
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    brianlux said:

23scidoo said:

brianlux said:

No, I didn't know there was one? Did he direct it? Was it a regular release or HBO or something?

It was an ABC Miniseries with Steven Weber and Rebecca DeMornay. Never saw it, though.
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    yeah. The Shining was a spectacular book. Being a fan of the book, I cant really enjoy the Jack Nicholson movie so much. Its kind of a good classic movie but doesn't do the book justice.

The miniseries actually follows the book a lot closer.
  • Options

brianlux said:

23scidoo said:

brianlux said:

It was an ABC Miniseries with Steven Weber and Rebecca DeMornay. Never saw it, though.
    3 - 90 min episodes..its closer to the book spirit..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

this movie is getting decent reviews. never even heard of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WQZzDRVtw

Watched this the other night. Babadook.

Eerie and weird. Different. Definitely some hair raising moments, but not entirely sure if I saw a strong movie or not? I'll say this: I think I liked it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

this movie is getting decent reviews. never even heard of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WQZzDRVtw

Watched this the other night. Babadook.

Eerie and weird. Different. Definitely some hair raising moments, but not entirely sure if I saw a strong movie or not? I'll say this: I think I liked it.
    I thought it was good. Looking at the various symbolism and theories it is very very well written and directed. Bravo
  • Options
    Babbadook was great...took me two viewings to really understand what was all going on.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    BCBA said:

yeah. The Shining was a spectacular book. Being a fan of the book, I cant really enjoy the Jack Nicholson movie so much. Its kind of a good classic movie but doesn't do the book justice.

The miniseries actually follows the book a lot closer.

Thank you! I can't stand the movie. There is absolutely no storyline. I don't understand why people like it even if they don't know the book. There is no point to anything in the movie. There is no reason given to anything that happens, no depth of character for any of them (like why is Wendy a moron and Jack a totally creepy weirdo who seems to hate his family from the very beginning of the movie???? And why does the kid talk to his finger like that?? The casting for this movie is absolutely dreadful!), and no explanation behind a single thing that happens. I mean, it's still called The Shining, but the actual Shining has next to nothing to do with anything that happens in the movie - it's not even really addressed! Wtf?? It really pisses me off! Lol.
    I haven't seen or even heard of a miniseries. There is a made for TV movie that I saw. I think one of the dudes who was on that sitcom "Wings" is in it? Maybe I'm thinking of the same thing - perhaps it was in two parts and that's why people are calling it a miniseries. Either way, it sucked too IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Agreed on the shining 100%... although I give the miniseries credit for actually trying to follow the book.

The novel though is a rocker
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Agreed on the shining 100%... although I give the miniseries credit for actually trying to follow the book.

The novel though is a rocker

The novel is fantastic!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    35 years? Godamn.
    Was filmed the prior fall just 20 minutes from where I was living at the time. I was 3.
    http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2015/05/happy-35th-anniversary-friday-13th.html