Comments

• Options

Oh man you missed the eMOTIVe tour....

:lol:

lol...probably why I missed them ;) . 13th step tour was great though

Damn you.... I was only 10 back then...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067

Have fun and remember, this may be your last chance to see them live, so enjoy every minute of it.

Agreed. See them while you can.

One more album and one more tour once it comes out.. I'll bet money on it.

almost guaranteed, which is why I stuhubbed tickets to Mohegan last night.....side note: they had a framed poster for $2000....lmao. maybe if it came with drum lessons from DCarey and one of them pretty Ocheltree snare drums

To be fair, it was TWO posters. I would've loved to see someone rocking out while trying to protect that thing at their seat.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:

To be fair, it was TWO posters. I would've loved to see someone rocking out while trying to protect that thing at their seat.

Still not worth 2 grand. Not to me anyway.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    One more album and one more tour once it comes out.. I'll bet money on it.

almost guaranteed, which is why I stuhubbed tickets to Mohegan last night.....side note: they had a framed poster for $2000....lmao. maybe if it came with drum lessons from DCarey and one of them pretty Ocheltree snare drums

I've always kinda thought that they'd have one more go 'round and be done, but in most of the interviews where I've seen it brought up they talk like they'll keep Tool going b/c it's something they enjoy comin back to.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Crazy good show at Izod tonight !!

Sober
    Lateralus
    Stinkfist
    Schism
    46 & 2
    Aenima
    Jambi
    Hooker with a Penis

Some others! I enjoyed the shit out of it. Visuals are sick.
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Crazy good show at Izod tonight !!

Sober
    Lateralus
    Stinkfist
    Schism
    46 & 2
    Aenima
    Jambi
    Hooker with a Penis

Some others! I enjoyed the shit out of it. Visuals are sick.

Those are some awesome songs to hear live! :)
  • Options
    This was the setlist last time I saw them:

Jambi
    Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty-Six & 2
    Schism
    Rosetta Stoned
    Wings for Marie (Pt 1)
    10,000 Days (Wings, Pt 2)
    Lateralus
    (with Herman Li of Dragonforce)
    Vicarious

First time was:

Rosetta Stoned
    Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty-Six & 2
    Jambi
    Sober
    Schism
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Ænema
  • Options
    is that the correct order of the songs for Izod?
    They opened w/ Sober and ended w/ Hooker?
    Thats crazy! I'da loved to hear sober, but Aenima must close the show!
    And I thought Hooker was a much better opener than I had anticipated.

Can I just say, that I have a whole new appreciation for Adam Jones?
    Ive always considered Tool a drum & bass driven band, but man that guy really does bring a lot to the table.
    After standing directly in front of him for 90 mins, I can absolutely say, that guy kicks major ass.
    And he can play a killer talk box!!

Highlights from Mohegan Sun, for me:
    Jambi - killer fucking talk box solo!
    Ticks & Leaches - I could see Danny's legs!! Watching the beast from the front row was AMAZING!!
    46&2 - killer song...best visuals

Maynard was quiet - didnt say one word (not surprised). When he wasnt singing, he chilled behind Danny's drum set - out of sight.

There was a strange moment during Lateralus. They didnt bring out the opening band's drummer. I feel like no one told the Bass player about that. Justin was on the floor, fuckin w/ his bass as he usually does during that portion of the song. Adam, Danny & Maynard shoot looks back and forth at each other. Danny looks to Justin, Justin is just looking down, fucking w/ his bass. Danny starts hitting some random cymbals as if to say, "hey dude...we're moving into the drum solo now".... Danny and Adam share a few more looks...you can tell they were laughing/smiling, like, wtf is Justin doing? Justin finally looks up to Danny, smiles... gets his bass line perfect and Danny goes into the drum solo...finally. Very strange but was sooo cool to see them all interacting together. I imagine not too many people understood what happened during that portion of the song...if you couldnt see what was happening up there...it was just a wierd low point in the song that shoulda just went into Danny going nuts.

I didnt watch the opening band. Ridiculously loud outside of the arena. Just like loud screaming nonsense. Ive never heard anything so loud from outside the arena before! When I got to my seat (front row, in front of the speaker stacks) dude next to us was like, "I cant hear shit right now!" What a waste! Save your ears for Tool!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Olivavu wrote:
    This was the setlist last time I saw them:

Jambi
    Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty-Six & 2
    Schism
    Rosetta Stoned
    Wings for Marie (Pt 1)
    10,000 Days (Wings, Pt 2)
    Lateralus
    (with Herman Li of Dragonforce)
    Vicarious

First time was:
    Rosetta Stoned
    Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty-Six & 2
    Jambi
    Sober
    Schism
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Ænema

First time I saw them:
    Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA on July 22, 1997
    Hooker With a Penis
    Stinkfist
    Forty-Six & 2
    Crawl Away
    Eulogy
    No Quarter
    (Led Zeppelin cover)
    Sober
    Opiate
    Ænema

Last time I saw them:
    PNC Pavilion at Riverbend, Cincinnati, OH, USA on August 7, 2009
    Jambi
    Stinkfist
    Forty-Six & 2
    Schism
    Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
    Rosetta Stoned
    Flood
    Ænema
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    first time...9.8.01 Deer Creek Noblesville, IN
    The Grudge
    Ions
    Stinkfist
    46&2
    Prison Sex
    Schism
    Pushit (Studio-with one Salival part)
    Disposition
    Reflection

Encore:

Parabol
    Parabola
    Eon Blue Apocalypse
    The Patient
    Aenema
    Lateralus

last time 6.16.07 Show Me Center Cape Girardeau, MO
    Jambi
    Stinkfist (Extended)
    46 & 2
    Schism
    Lost Keys
    Rosetta Stoned
    Right In Two
    Wings For Marie
    10,000 Days
    Lateralus (Extended)
    Vicarious
  • Options
    I only saw them twice.

Once at Download Festival in 2006 and at Brixton Academy in 2007.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    The Grudge
    Ions
    Stinkfist
    46&2
    Prison Sex
    Schism
    Disposition
    Reflection

Encore:

Parabol
    Parabola
    Eon Blue Apocalypse
    The Patient
    Aenema
    Lateralus

I missed the Lateralus tour :cry: I had tickets to see them September 12, 2001 in Dayton, Ohio but thanks to 9/11 the show got cancelled and I wasn't able to work any of the other shows in.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    The Grudge
    Ions
    Stinkfist
    46&2
    Prison Sex
    Schism
    Disposition
    Reflection

Encore:

Parabol
    Parabola
    Eon Blue Apocalypse
    The Patient
    Aenema
    Lateralus

I missed the Lateralus tour :cry: I had tickets to see them September 12, 2001 in Dayton, Ohio but thanks to 9/11 the show got cancelled and I wasn't able to work any of the other shows in.

Yeah, lookin at those setlists back to back makes me realize that the newer tours are relatively pathetic.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    The Grudge
    Ions
    Stinkfist
    46&2
    Prison Sex
    Schism
    Disposition
    Reflection

Encore:

Parabol
    Parabola
    Eon Blue Apocalypse
    The Patient
    Aenema
    Lateralus

Yeah, lookin at those setlists back to back makes me realize that the newer tours are relatively pathetic.

thats what i said in the other tool thread. seems to me the lateralus tour, just like the album itself was mindblowing and on another level.
  • Options

Can I just say, that I have a whole new appreciation for Adam Jones?
    Ive always considered Tool a drum & bass driven band, but man that guy really does bring a lot to the table.
    After standing directly in front of him for 90 mins, I can absolutely say, that guy kicks major ass.
    And he can play a killer talk box!!

Highlights from Mohegan Sun, for me:
    Jambi - killer fucking talk box solo!
    Ticks & Leaches - I could see Danny's legs!! Watching the beast from the front row was AMAZING!!
    46&2 - killer song...best visuals

Maynard was quiet - didnt say one word (not surprised). When he wasnt singing, he chilled behind Danny's drum set - out of sight.

There was a strange moment during Lateralus. They didnt bring out the opening band's drummer. I feel like no one told the Bass player about that. Justin was on the floor, fuckin w/ his bass as he usually does during that portion of the song. Adam, Danny & Maynard shoot looks back and forth at each other. Danny looks to Justin, Justin is just looking down, fucking w/ his bass. Danny starts hitting some random cymbals as if to say, "hey dude...we're moving into the drum solo now".... Danny and Adam share a few more looks...you can tell they were laughing/smiling, like, wtf is Justin doing? Justin finally looks up to Danny, smiles... gets his bass line perfect and Danny goes into the drum solo...finally. Very strange but was sooo cool to see them all interacting together. I imagine not too many people understood what happened during that portion of the song...if you couldnt see what was happening up there...it was just a wierd low point in the song that shoulda just went into Danny going nuts.

I didnt watch the opening band. Ridiculously loud outside of the arena. Just like loud screaming nonsense. Ive never heard anything so loud from outside the arena before! When I got to my seat (front row, in front of the speaker stacks) dude next to us was like, "I cant hear shit right now!" What a waste! Save your ears for Tool!!

Hooker with a penis opened..... I just ran off songs I remembered them playing getting back home and posting last night. Maynard talked about seeing Van Halen (with Dave) as a kid at Izod....... They had some DJ dude for sober and a kick ass other drummer with Danny during Lateralus. Maynard mentioned playing some rarities before Sober......" that these songs are old, like when our parents(audience) first had unprotected sex" he also said they might fuck it up cause their old...... Show was amazing for me.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Hooker with a penis opened..... I just ran off songs I remembered them playing getting back home and posting last night. Maynard talked about seeing Van Halen (with Dave) as a kid at Izod....... They had some DJ dude for sober and a kick ass other drummer with Danny during Lateralus. Maynard mentioned playing some rarities before Sober......" that these songs are old, like when our parents(audience) first had unprotected sex" he also said they might fuck it up cause their old...... Show was amazing for me.

Sounds like Maynard was in a good mood at your show. Not often is he talkative...so if you get any banter from him, its a plus.

Also, I forgot to mention in my earlier post... Tool takes an encore break after lateralus, before Aenima. And I found this freaking hilarious because...when I saw APC last summer in Boston, Maynard went on this 10 minute rant about how he doesnt believe in encores...just play what your gonna play, and then end it...none of this making everyone waiting around for just one more song bullshit....and yet here he is now, fronting another band...making us wait for what felt like 10 goddamn minutes for Aenima. They could have easily just played The Pot or any other kinda short song instead of the encore noises then go into Aenima to end it. I just thought that was funny. Hippocratic moment noted :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Also, I forgot to mention in my earlier post... Tool takes an encore break after lateralus, before Aenima. And I found this freaking hilarious because...when I saw APC last summer in Boston, Maynard went on this 10 minute rant about how he doesnt believe in encores...just play what your gonna play, and then end it...none of this making everyone waiting around for just one more song bullshit....and yet here he is now, fronting another band...making us wait for what felt like 10 goddamn minutes for Aenima. They could have easily just played The Pot or any other kinda short song instead of the encore noises then go into Aenima to end it. I just thought that was funny. Hippocratic moment noted :lol:

During both the 06 and 07 show I seen they all just went and had a seat on the drum riser and soaked in the cheers.

On the Lateralus tours they had an intermission where some of the theatrical type of stuff(naked swinging hangers, and giant glow balls) started up.
  • Options
    Yea Maynard is more talkative with APC. Seen them twice, last night was my 3rd Tool show.

Saw APC up close on Jimmy Kimmel Oct 2010....... Maynard's a totally different dude with them.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Yea Maynard is more talkative with APC. Seen them twice, last night was my 3rd Tool show.

Saw APC up close on Jimmy Kimmel Oct 2010....... Maynard's a totally different dude with them.

Really? He talked once during the APC show I saw and it wasn't very positive. He got pissed at the crowd because we booed right when he said there won't be an encore.

It seems to me like he is the most talkative with Puscifer.

Edit: He was in a terrible mood that night too. Didn't seem at all like he wanted to be there.
  • Options
    Edit: He was in a terrible mood that night too. Didn't seem at all like he wanted to be there.

I honestly don't think MJK wants to be anywhere other than his winery or on tour with Puscifer.
  • Options

I honestly don't think MJK wants to be anywhere other than his winery or on tour with Puscifer.

I have to agree with you. The extended Puscifer tour really proves that.
  • Options
    do people actually listen to/like puscifer?
    I listened to that Queen Bitch song when it first came out years ago and laughed.
    Thought it was just a joke...maybe I just didnt try hard enough?

And yet he continues with them...and seems to enjoy it more than Tool.
    Goddammit, give the people what they want.

MORE TOOL!!!

• Options
    I listened to that Queen Bitch song when it first came out years ago and laughed.

MORE TOOL!!!

Their new album is much better. Though, to be honest I'm not sure I ever made through a whole listen of the first one. I have 2 versions of Cuntry Boner on my itunes and that's all that has survived.

I'm not even sure how to describe the newer one, but it was one of my favorites from last year.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

MORE TOOL!!!

Their new album is much better. Though, to be honest I'm not sure I ever made through a whole listen of the first one. I have 2 versions of Cuntry Boner on my itunes and that's all that has survived.

I'm not even sure how to describe the newer one, but it was one of my favorites from last year.

Cuntry Boner :lol::lol:
    I guess Puscifer is where MJK really does get to shine :lol:
    I have heard that the newer one is better than the first. maybe i'll give it a spin while Im still high on Tool.

• Options

MORE TOOL!!!

I love Puscifer. That entire album was really immature but it grew on me... Especially Indigo Children

Give Conditions of My Parole a listen. It's really really good.

Edit: Just don't go into it expecting to hear Tool.
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493

MORE TOOL!!!

I love Puscifer. That entire album was really immature but it grew on me... Especially Indigo Children

Give Conditions of My Parole a listen. It's really really good.

Edit: Just don't go into it expecting to hear Tool.

I can't stand Puscifer's older stuff. It is a joke basically. But their new album is really good! It's actual mature music. It reminds me a lot of APC's slower stuff.
  • Options
    I loved the new Puscifer album, but not so much the older stuff. There was a few songs here and there that were okay, and I did really like their cover of Rocket Man.
  • Options
    I loved the new Puscifer album, but not so much the older stuff. There was a few songs here and there that were okay, and I did really like their cover of Rocket Man.

Maynard and Steve Drozd? Yeah it's a great cover.
  • Options

Maynard and Steve Drozd? Yeah it's a great cover.

Yeah I guess it's not exactly a Puscifer song but it streams on their website.