Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Open with Hooker w/ a Penis - thats a strange song to open with, no??
    !

They opened with it during the 1997 lollapalooza

http://toolshed.down.net/tour/summer97/970704.html

Great show by the way!!!!
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    zarocat wrote:
    Open with Hooker w/ a Penis - thats a strange song to open with, no??
    !

They opened with it during the 1997 lollapalooza

http://toolshed.down.net/tour/summer97/970704.html

Great show by the way!!!!

They sure did, that was my first live TOOL song :D
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Jan. 25, Toronto, can't come soon enough

:shock: :shock: :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVetxQNr ... re=related :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    zarocat wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVetxQNr ... re=related :shock: :shock: :shock:

FUCK YEAH DANNY CAREY!!!
    Reeealy looking forward to this one, right here.
    Looks like they got some new video footage too

Maynard w/ the mohawk and billy club :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    zarocat wrote:

FUCK YEAH DANNY CAREY!!!
    Reeealy looking forward to this one, right here.
    Looks like they got some new video footage too

Maynard w/ the mohawk and billy club :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fucking yes Danny Carey.
  • Options
    Some of you may have already seen/heard of this.
    Some of you maybe not.

Either way, it blows my freaking mind just thinking about it...

Enjoy:

http://youtu.be/wS7CZIJVxFY
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Five and a half hours till show time. 5th row beside Danny Carey. I'm anxious!
  • Options
    zarocat wrote:
    Five and a half hours till show time. 5th row beside Danny Carey. I'm anxious!

Have fun!!!

I just realized that I have a job interview the morning after the Tool show.
    And here I thought I could just kinda slack and slide through work with a massive headache the next day.
    Tool in arena + job interview next morning = I need earplugs. :?

Last time I saw Tool was in an amphitheater. I had great seats, aside from the fact that i was perfectly aligned with the speaker stacks. Schlepped through work the next day with a massive headache. It was totally worth it though.

• Options
    Some of you maybe not.

Enjoy:

Holy hell that was awesome. Me being a person that really sucks at math, it took me a minute to wrap my head around it though. I've heard about that from reading through the Tool forum in the past but had never really looked into it. That was awesome though, thanks for posting. Also, that's one of the best damn songs ever written, hands down.
  • Options
    Some of you maybe not.

Enjoy:

Holy hell that was awesome. Me being a person that really sucks at math, it took me a minute to wrap my head around it though. I've heard about that from reading through the Tool forum in the past but had never really looked into it. That was awesome though, thanks for posting. Also, that's one of the best damn songs ever written, hands down.

Im so far from being a mathematician, its not even funny!! I struggle with Pre-algebra!! :lol:
    But i find it amazingly intriguing and even more amazing that every aspect of the song fits the sequence... Crazy ass shit. I can watch that video a million times and still be amazed.

Glad u enjoyed it :D

• Options
    Some of you maybe not.

Enjoy:

Im so far from being a mathematician, its not even funny!! I struggle with Pre-algebra!! :lol:
    But i find it amazingly intriguing and even more amazing that every aspect of the song fits the sequence... Crazy ass shit. I can watch that video a million times and still be amazed.

Glad u enjoyed it :D

Ahhhh Lateralus. My favorite song from my favorite Tool album. The Fibonacchi Sequence is amazing and pretty easy to see. 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21...etc.

Simply add the last number to the current number.

It's a never ending sequence that when drawn creates a never ending spiral.
  • Options
    I also love how the song is. Everything is perfect in it. Everything just comes in and is used at the perfect time in my opinion.

Some seriously good musicianship there...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    The ultimate Tool song, imo.

The drummer I used to play with and started back up recently has a serious Danny Carey hard on and he absolutely hates trying to play it. The part that gets him is the at the break in the middle when that crazy cymbal part comes in. When we've nailed it, it's absolutely incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZcTLbibLgw

Love how he winces when he hits the cymbals, and the gong smash at 45 sec.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

The drummer I used to play with and started back up recently has a serious Danny Carey hard on and he absolutely hates trying to play it. The part that gets him is the at the break in the middle when that crazy cymbal part comes in. When we've nailed it, it's absolutely incredible.

Yeah I love that video.

His kit is fucking unreal too. This picture is too big to post... You've probably seen it.

http://www.drummerworld.com/pics/drumpi ... cymbal.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

I would say that is probably my most watched video out of everything on YouTube and I never get tired of watching it.
  • Options
    His kit is fucking unreal too. This picture is too big to post... You've probably seen it.

I don't think he's used that one for awhile, or at least not at every show. That one is made by Jeff Ocheltree(the star of the dvd where that cut of Lateralus comes from) and it's made from recycled Paiste cymbals. The bass drums alone are around 100lbs. The aforementioned drummer I play with keeps a nearly identical setup aside from the electronic pads and has schooled me quite a bit in the ways of DC and his rig.

Blew my mind when I found out he played drums on this, but totally makes sense after you listen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CYwNWHZuT0
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

I don't think he's used that one for awhile, or at least not at every show. That one is made by Jeff Ocheltree(the star of the dvd where that cut of Lateralus comes from) and it's made from recycled Paiste cymbals. The bass drums alone are around 100lbs. The aforementioned drummer I play with keeps a nearly identical setup aside from the electronic pads and has schooled me quite a bit in the ways of DC and his rig.

Blew my mind when I found out he played drums on this, but totally makes sense after you listen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CYwNWHZuT0

Oh nice! Thanks!

Edit: :lol: What a song. Maynard: "Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin" :lol::lol:
  • Options
    quite possibly the most talented drummer of our generation
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Love that video.

Lateralus is my #1 all time favorite song from any band (including PJ). I just think it is so perfectly written, performed, produced, and engineered.

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    They put on an amazing show last night in Toronto, breaking out Sober and Parabola, though Ticks and Leeches was sacrificed for the former.
  • Options
    RVM MFCRVM MFC Posts: 50
    Going to see them Saturday in Boston, can't wait! Is the opening band any good?
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

I would say that is probably my most watched video out of everything on YouTube and I never get tired of watching it.
    same here....I knew what video before clicking
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    RVM MFC wrote:

I didn't get to see the opening band but the drummer of the opening band did come out and play (on his own kit) with Danny on Lateralus. This guy can play!!!!!! He is a monster!
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    zarocat wrote:
    RVM MFC wrote:

I didn't get to see the opening band but the drummer of the opening band did come out and play (on his own kit) with Danny on Lateralus. This guy can play!!!!!! He is a monster!
    I missed them too, though they seemed alright from the pair of YouTube videos I checked out. And the guy's drumming was awesome paired with Danny Carey.
  • Options
    Can't stop listening to 'No Quarter' right now. Just keep listening and listening to it. Over and over.

Foo Fighters 'Band on the Run' and this 'No Quarter' I speak of are quite possibly the best 2 covers ever!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Can't stop listening to 'No Quarter' right now. Just keep listening and listening to it. Over and over.

Foo Fighters 'Band on the Run' and this 'No Quarter' I speak of are quite possibly the best 2 covers ever!

Great cover.

Thanks to White Discussion I get to enjoy Salival

:D
  • Options

The very of Pushit on that album is godly.
  • Options

Everybody always raves about that version and I like it well too but I think the studio version is sooooo much better.
  • Options
    I listen to the alt version so much less than the regular version that it makes it a really cool treat to hear it now and again. Personal opinion of course.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Everybody always raves about that version and I like it well too but I think the studio version is sooooo much better.

Uhh yeah. Studio version is much better.