Options

Detroit Tigers

Comments

• Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Great win today! I'm going on Thursday. I'll have to bundle up, because we are making up for that period of weather in the upper 70s last month. Pure Michigan.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i know theyre 4-0 but de-troit still sucks :lol:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    CobbTy.jpg

best ballplayer ever
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    MayDay10 wrote:
    CobbTy.jpg

best ballplayer ever

A batting line of .342/.474/.690 disagrees. An OPS of 1.164 may also have something to say.
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    G-money with an RBI today! When things are going right I guess anything can happen!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    If Jackson keeps this up, we will win the world series.. easily..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Isnt it enough that you have the Yankee, MLB, and Red Sox thread to frequent? Wait a sec, haven't seen that Red Sox thread in quite a while.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    CobbTy.jpg

best ballplayer ever

A batting line of .342/.474/.690 disagrees. An OPS of 1.164 may also have something to say.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Detroit Tigers say Victor Martinez's return uncertain after nixed knee surgery

The Tigers announced today that designated hitter Victor Martinez didn't have reconstructive knee surgery as scheduled last week because his doctor determined it wasn't necessary.

Based on a statement issued by the club, it won't be clear until at least July if Martinez will have any chance of playing in the latter part of this season. When the knee surgery appeared necessary, the club considered him lost for the season.

Here is the statement the club issued on Martinez:

"Dr. Richard Steadman assessed the stability of the ACL in the left knee of Victor Martinez on April 4 and decided reconstruction surgery was not necessary. Dr. Steadman performed a procedure that day to help aid in the healing of the ACL, in addition to assessing Martinez’s progress from microfracture surgery and the repairs to both the medial and lateral meniscus in his left knee, procedures performed on Jan. 27. According to Dr. Steadman, Martinez’s recovery from the surgery in January is progressing well and Martinez will continue his physical therapy until he is examined by Dr. Steadman in one month. The approximate recovery timetable from microfracture surgery is seven months, and any chance of Martinez returning to play late in the 2012 season would be determined at the time of his follow-up MRI in July."
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    So... V-Mart has a chance of coming back in time for the playoffs?

I like that. I like that a lot.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    That a way boys. Good job shaking off that bad loss yesterday and taking the series
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    That a way boys. Good job shaking off that bad loss yesterday and taking the series

Word. :thumbup:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Went to both ends of the double header yesterday. The positive Verlander...good salvaging the day.

But Leyland...were you on a smoke break in that first game and you came back and you were like 'WTF 9-0", really you could have yanked Porcello at 4 or 5-0 and at least given the fans some hope and your team a chance.

Texas is a real good team and if the tigers think they'll beat them in the playoffs...think again.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Come on Tigs!
    :fp:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    :oops:
  • Options
    Two big problems with this team...Inge is not good at 2nd base and Rayburn is a liability at the plate.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Two big problems with this team...Inge is not good at 2nd base and Rayburn is a liability at the plate.
    :| scapegoats
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,407
    Verlander
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    Verlander
    He was pretty amazing. Shoulda heard the idiots on the radio yesterday talkin about why he didn't get it done.
    :fp: Just ridiculous.

A sweep of the Tribe would be fantastic right about now... :?
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    This team is maddening so far this season.......
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Where the fuck are the bats?

Quarter season.. under .500... Look like dogshit against the first place (but very beatable) Indians...

This is getting very frustrating...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    The way I see it is poor organization management...what kind of organization decides 3 months after free agency begins that we have 25 million extra to spend? A desperate team I guess. Instead of giving the gm the increased budget early in the off season and allow him to address the teams deficiencies then he waited till February...not to mention from my understanding the minor league system provides very little in the way of help.

I think this teams done for this season and for the many years to come.

This team has poor defense, not nearly enough bullpen depth, lacks 3-4-5 starters, no speed other than Kelly and Jackson, no real depth off the bench, poor game management at many times these are guys are way to easy on opposing pitchers (lack of competing).

They may win the division only because its so bad...doubt much will happen after that.

• Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    Where the fuck are the bats?

Quarter season.. under .500... Look like dogshit against the first place (but very beatable) Indians...

This is getting very frustrating...
    Agreed...Although they look like a different team tonight.
    Very hot and cold....I keep waiting for that settling point.
    Maybe when everyone is healthy.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I think this teams done for this season and for the many years to come.
    :roll: This seems pretty harsh.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    I'm back to being frustrated.... :x
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    These Tig's gonna pull their heads outta their ass's tonight?
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    These Tig's gonna pull their heads outta their ass's tonight?

Laird DH tonight! That should be fun! :corn:
  • Options
    :fp:

Jackson needs to hop in a hyperbolic chamber or somethin!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    losing to the cubs.....pathetic :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    They've looked like a different team over the last couple of weeks.
    Hopefully they keep it up.
    This is starting to resemble the team I was hoping for...four months ago.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    :clap:
    MLMF Det