Options

Detroit Tigers

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Reports: Jim Leyland will be back...I was hoping he would retire. Oh well.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Home Opener April 5th against the Yanks.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    :yawn:

:)
  • Options
    Hard to believe yesterday's opener was Verlander's fist opening day win ...

I hope they solve this closer by committee by the end of April.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    davidtrios wrote:
    when al albuquerque gets the call to pitch, do they play this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1765UzjAQxI#t=1m33s

i love this song
  • Options
    Nice pitching Porcello ... am I the only one that can see that Porcello is average at best, just embarrassing on national tv.

• Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Nice pitching Porcello ... am I the only one that can see that Porcello is average at best, just embarrassing on national tv.
    Yeahhhhh....Not a very good showing today.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Yeahhhhh....Not a very good showing today.

I just don't see why Porcello is a starting pitcher, very seldom goes farther than the 6th inning ...

• Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    lukin2006 wrote:

The worst thing that couldve happened was him having a good spring. He has way too many starts that end up like today or giving up 5+ runs. He should not be in the rotation anymore in my opinion.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    sherm wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

The worst thing that couldve happened was him having a good spring. He has way too many starts that end up like today or giving up 5+ runs. He should not be in the rotation anymore in my opinion.

I agree ... I have read that he could have been traded for a closer at the beginning of camp (I believe San Diego was interested). Time to promote Smyly

• Options
    Leyland is loyal to a fault to a lot of these guys. Just seems like his nature.
    I totally agree. Porcello drives me nuts but they definitely shopped him around in the spring.
    Not sure they got any real bites.
    Either way, at least I could turn the channel in the 1st.
    I got wax to spin. :P
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    :fp:
    Tigers were owned by the Angels this weekend...
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    :fp:
    Tigers were owned by the Angels this weekend...

Not a good weekend .... many of the problems that they displayed last season crept back this weekend. Good news they don't go out west anymore this year, I thought the bullpen was decent ... they just haven't been hitting very well out west. Long season and they are in a weak division ... just make the playoffs.

• Options
    10-0 in the bottom of the 4th. Made it through the order the last two innings.
    What I like to see. 8-)
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Anibal Sanchez just struck out his 17th through 8 innings!!! :clap:
    Great stuff tonight. Oh, and he's on my Fantasy team. :mrgreen:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    This past weekend Texas exposed the Tigers bullpen ... The Tigers might win the Central Division again, but with this bullpen it's hard to see them doing much in the post season.

• Options
    Miggy continues to amaze me...Knockin balls outta the park like it's nothin. :corn:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Miggy continues to amaze me...Knockin balls outta the park like it's nothin. :corn:

How about Prince hitting the catwalk? And Max at 12-0. Bullpen held its own tonight. Thankful we don't have to play the Angels again. :lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    Anyone try for postseason tickets at 2:00? Just spent the past 40 minutes freaking out, timed out on first try as they said my password was wrong - waited for them to send another. Then no seats available. Then server failure for twenty minutes. Phone lines busy. Finally got through, 2 tickets way out in the outfield, six sections further out from our season tickets - aaaargh! Guess I should be happy I got them, but previous seasons have not been difficult like this.

I thought this only happened with Pearl Jam tickets! :lol: Now just have to hope that there aren't games on 10/11 and 10/12! ;)
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    jlaustin wrote:
    Anyone try for postseason tickets at 2:00? Just spent the past 40 minutes freaking out, timed out on first try as they said my password was wrong - waited for them to send another. Then no seats available. Then server failure for twenty minutes. Phone lines busy. Finally got through, 2 tickets way out in the outfield, six sections further out from our season tickets - aaaargh! Guess I should be happy I got them, but previous seasons have not been difficult like this.

I thought this only happened with Pearl Jam tickets! :lol: Now just have to hope that there aren't games on 10/11 and 10/12! ;)

Got section 102 bleachers. It was a struggle this year.

Last year was a breeze. I was in and out in 10 minutes and actually got 10 rows closer in the same section of my season tickets.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    jlaustin wrote:

Got section 102 bleachers. It was a struggle this year.

Last year was a breeze. I was in and out in 10 minutes and actually got 10 rows closer in the same section of my season tickets.

Yeah, I have never had trouble in previous years - wonder what the difference is - bigger expectations this year maybe.

Glad you were able to get some - no pun intended! :lol:
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    Time to dust this thread off. ;)
    Great job by Verlander tonight.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Verlander WOW!!! Is he on some kind of roll, keep it going. Great job Cabrera delivering the game winning hit.

• Options
    I wish these two idiots would shut the hell up... :x
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Just got back to the hotel after the Buffalo show...

Can't believe what's happening in game 1... :shh:

:D
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    SON OF A...
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    SON OF A...

You said it...

Damn you, Benoit!

:evil:
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    Thank God!
    These close games are too stressful...
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Well, at least they pulled out the win! :lol:

Go Tigers!
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    Probably going to have to live with close games, they'll probably only go as far as the starters take them.