Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited March 2017
    Let's hope this is a year where Dustin, Rory, Jordan, and Day all play above 90% of their best and we have some great battles. Right now I think there is a Top 2 with Dustin and Rory. They have the ability to dominate. Jordan does to some extent but can't beat Rory and Dustin at their best. Jason Day I just don't think is too interested in golf or is battling through injuries.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Let's hope this is a year where Dustin, Rory, Jordan, and Day all play above 90% of their best and we have some great battles. Right now I think there is a Top 2 with Dustin and Rory. They have the ability to dominate. Jordan does to some extent but can't beat Rory and Dustin at their best. Jason Day I just don't think is too interested in golf or is battling through injuries.

When Jordan is draining 75% or whatever within 15ft he beats everyone..but yea i want to see those guys going down to the wire shot for shot. It seems your right about day..not sure his deal. Probably hurt..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394

bflynn1 said:

Imagine if DJ improved his short game even just a fraction.

Short game has gotten pretty good. Not sure anyone can touch his game right now
    He still has some questionable approach shots but yeah it's definitely gotten better from 2010-2017 that's for sure.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746

You've mentioned Day not being that interested in golf a couple times here....where are you getting this??? He withdrew from the Mexico tournament because he was sick with the flu and double ear infection. He has had those scary issues with vertigo where he has collapsed on the course before as well as back issues....don't think his lack of playing recently has anything to do with his interest level in golf. He has played in 4 tournaments so far this calendar year. Hopefully he can get himself healthy and have a good year out there.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

You've mentioned Day not being that interested in golf a couple times here....where are you getting this??? He withdrew from the Mexico tournament because he was sick with the flu and double ear infection. He has had those scary issues with vertigo where he has collapsed on the course before as well as back issues....don't think his lack of playing recently has anything to do with his interest level in golf. He has played in 4 tournaments so far this calendar year. Hopefully he can get himself healthy and have a good year out there.
    Day is just a puss. It's not a lack of interest.
  • Options
    I think DJ's best game is better than anyone's right now and can't wait to see what happens at Augusta in a month.
  • Options

Is that what his rep is? I've never really heard that about him.
  • Options

I mean, the double ear infection thing is terrible. I had a double ear infection late last year and it was some of the worst pain imaginable. I was straight up deaf and in insane amounts of pain.

That said, dude has the flu every other day, his back is constantly bad, vertigo, etc. It's always something. He's worse than Tiger with coming off the course complaining about something being wrong even when he finishes a round. Not sure if it has historically been his rep, but seems like it is becoming it.
  • Options

I mean, the double ear infection thing is terrible. I had a double ear infection late last year and it was some of the worst pain imaginable. I was straight up deaf and in insane amounts of pain.

That said, dude has the flu every other day, his back is constantly bad, vertigo, etc. It's always something. He's worse than Tiger with coming off the course complaining about something being wrong even when he finishes a round. Not sure if it has historically been his rep, but seems like it is becoming it.
    Yeah, he does seem to have a lot of issues lately. But that shit with vertigo is awful....can't imagine trying to play golf when you're feeling all dizzy.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474

don't be such a hater :lol:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474

Wma31394 said:

Thomas acting like a bitch

Yep spoiled country club boy...
    There's something about Justin Thomas that I don't like. Can quite put my finger on it though
    There are just those people where all you have to do is look at them and think "Spoiled rich kid".

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,288
    Fuck Jim Herman.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Fuck Jim Herman.

Yeah, he's a turd with a stupid swing...lol
  • Options
    Rory is awesome. His press conference was just great. Absolutely set fire to Muirfield. It was amazing.
  • Options
    Rory just hit one 410 yards.

PGA Tour Live is great
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Jason Day...lol.

Yikes...take this back. Mom has lung cancer. Surgery Friday. Why is he there in the first place?
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess Day had a good reason to look distracted this year. Luckily he has a good profession and can take time off.
  • Options
    It is officially spring. For those in cold weather states it is time to clean off the clubs and get out there.
  • Options
    I love this course. Everything about it. Risk reward shots. The gettable par fives. And it just looks amazing

If DJ and Rahm go at it this afternoon, I think that's gonna beat out basketball for my viewing
  • Options
    Or not
  • Options
    DJ is good.

Rahm is gonna be so good
  • Options
    It is as official as unofficial can ever be, but Tiger is done.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Masters Week!!
  • Options
    The lpga is relevant tonight and it's unfortunate. Trash...
  • Options

The lpga is relevant tonight and it's unfortunate. Trash...

How big of a jerkoff do you have to be to call in a rules violation??? Wow.
  • Options
    This bullshit has to stop. Golf is a joke sometimes.

A viewer should not be able to call in or email about a penalty. It isn't fair. Not every shot or player is on tv.
  • Options
    Oh hell yes! Masters week
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    only 2% of shots are televised in a golf tournament ...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Whoever emailed the LPGA on that violation needs to be kicked in the nuts on live TV. Golf has so many dumb rules ... hell, she would have been disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard a few years ago.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    polaris_x said:

only 2% of shots are televised in a golf tournament ...

So I guess that means about .05% of the shots at The Masters will be on tv. Maybe less. #worstgolfcoveragebutistillloveit