Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Pretty sure tiger is pretending to be hurt because the Nike gear this year is hideous
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748

Also, fuck this 30 minute blackout. It just so happens to come when the leaders are playing the 3 best holes on the course

That 30 minute blackout is so fucking ridiculous. Doesn't make any sense at all.
  • Options
    Dude's got his putter back. Look out
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    "That's golf."

Weirdest round on Saturday. Only had one bad drive. Everything else pretty much straight and in the fairways. Approach shots were hitting greens left and right......BUT........I 3 putted 14 fucking times. haha. Sonofabitch. Shot a 98 on a relatively tough course but easily could've been in the 80's had I putted even remotely close to how I normally putt. Such an odd feeling because I'm feeling good about all aspects about my game except ONE.......one extremely important part. Oh well.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Wobbie said:

Wma31394 said:

Play the masters then call it a career..i still think it's mental with him..that press conference and tmz rehab pic really fucked him up..

I don't know why he would play the masters, at this point. I doubt he would make the cut and probably wouldn't even get thru 2 rounds.

"That's golf."

Weirdest round on Saturday. Only had one bad drive. Everything else pretty much straight and in the fairways. Approach shots were hitting greens left and right......BUT........I 3 putted 14 fucking times. haha. Sonofabitch. Shot a 98 on a relatively tough course but easily could've been in the 80's had I putted even remotely close to how I normally putt. Such an odd feeling because I'm feeling good about all aspects about my game except ONE.......one extremely important part. Oh well.

You dont play in winter months right? Putting and short game takes a few rounds to get the touch back..and dont be afraid to go claw or crosshand.. :o I saw Vijay crosshand chipping at peeble..weird
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Wobbie said:

Wma31394 said:

Play the masters then call it a career..i still think it's mental with him..that press conference and tmz rehab pic really fucked him up..

I don't know why he would play the masters, at this point. I doubt he would make the cut and probably wouldn't even get thru 2 rounds.

"That's golf."

You dont play in winter months right? Putting and short game takes a few rounds to get the touch back..and dont be afraid to go claw or crosshand.. :o I saw Vijay crosshand chipping at peeble..weird
    I am not a fan of left hand low. I get the benefits of set up but unless you are a good golfer, I think it is extremely difficult to get any type of feel/touch with your non dominate hand, especially for a high handicapper. Also, left hand low takes the wrists out of it, but a super stroke grip can do that too.
  • Options
    Dude can't even hold a press conference
  • Options

Tiger?
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,839

Yeah, it's not looking good.
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Yeah, it's not looking good.
    Yea he's done..40 years old, billion dollars and counting..not bad.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    fork tiger.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    Wobbie said:

fork tiger.

fuck bonds.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    watch your language.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    This course is amazing
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

:open_mouth:
  • Options
    norm said:

If I were Tiger my response would be... "who's Pat Perez?"
  • Options

norm said:

Yea but players are starting to question him now..i heard duval politely start to question him on air a few weeks ago..almost saying it's more mental with tiger rather than putting the blame on his back issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Yea but players are starting to question him now..i heard duval politely start to question him on air a few weeks ago..almost saying it's more mental with tiger rather than putting the blame on his back issues.
    Of course. Dude is done. I'm just saying Pat Perez sure as hell isn't the guy to shut the coffin...

If it weren't for Tiger, Perez would have a upper middle class income with his career, if that...
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,839
    Wma31394 said:

norm said:

All golfers deal with mental issues in their career but at the end of the day his back is gone. 3 surgeries and he still has one of the most aggressive swings on tour. I remember when some reporters didn't believe he was hurt in the '08 US Open when he was hobbling around. Turns out dude had a broken leg and had to play an 18 hole playoff.

Does Tiger have mental issues on the golf course? Clearly. But his back is the main problem. At least that's my take.

• Options
    Pat Perez has deleted his Twitter. Dude is soft as a pillow.
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Of course. Dude is done. I'm just saying Pat Perez sure as hell isn't the guy to shut the coffin...

If it weren't for Tiger, Perez would have a upper middle class income with his career, if that...
    Who cares who is saying it.....just another golfer on the tour calling out Tiger on all of his bullshit. I love it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Who cares who is saying it.....just another golfer on the tour calling out Tiger on all of his bullshit. I love it.
    Kiss the ring, dude (half serious) but Tiger is respectful to Jack/Arnie and PP would be a nobody if it weren't for Tiger.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Kiss the ring, dude. Tiger is respectful to Jack and Arnie and PP would be a nobody if it weren't for Tiger.
    Not sure he would be a nobody without Tiger....would he be making as much money?? Obviously not. I don't really think his status on tour has anything to do with him saying all this stuff...I'm glad someone finally said something about all this nonsense. And I'm a big time Tiger fanboy.....have worshipped the guy for the last 20 years. But I think it's just time for Tiger to go away.
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Kiss the ring, dude. Tiger is respectful to Jack and Arnie and PP would be a nobody if it weren't for Tiger.
    Not sure he would be a nobody without Tiger....would he be making as much money?? Obviously not. I don't really think his status on tour has anything to do with him saying all this stuff...I'm glad someone finally said something about all this nonsense. And I'm a big time Tiger fanboy.....have worshipped the guy for the last 20 years. But I think it's just time for Tiger to go away.
    A complete nobody and much poorer. How many 2 time PGA tour winners from the early 90's are well known that are not named Brandel Chamblee (maybe there's something to trashing Tiger)?

I think he's done, but he has every right to give it a go. Would like for him to be more honest about it, but whatever. He has always been full of shit.
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

A complete nobody and much poorer. How many 2 time PGA tour winners from the early 90's are well known that are not named Brandel Chamblee (maybe there's something to trashing Tiger)?

I think he's done, but he has every right to give it a go. Would like for him to be more honest about it, but whatever. He has always been full of shit.
    Dude is still a professional golfer which is pretty much the best job in the world. I just like that someone had the balls to point out all the nonsense with Tiger. Of course he has every right to give it a go, but it's becoming clearer that he's still not even close to 100% healthy and he's only doing this for business purposes. It's too bad that we'll most likely never see him compete at a high level again.
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Dude is still a professional golfer which is pretty much the best job in the world. I just like that someone had the balls to point out all the nonsense with Tiger. Of course he has every right to give it a go, but it's becoming clearer that he's still not even close to 100% healthy and he's only doing this for business purposes. It's too bad that we'll most likely never see him compete at a high level again.
    Awesome gig for sure. He owes a hell of a lot to Tiger. Phil is a generational golfer and he even says it.

I kinda disagree that it's for business purposes. Tiger doesn't need any of this. Hundreds of developers around the world will pay him millions to design their courses. He can lay back and design half a dozen courses at a time. That money is a lot bigger than Monster sponsorship money or Dubai paying him $1.5 mil to show up. I think it's a pride thing. He can't let it end with him limping off.

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    eddiec said:

Does Tiger have mental issues on the golf course? Clearly. But his back is the main problem. At least that's my take.

correct
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    norm said:

eddiec said:

correct
    I used to think the same but not anymore. Did he need some back "precedures"? Probably..Was he getting them done to be ahead of the aging curve as he got older?? Maybe..Does he have serious mental issues since his scandal and the yips with his driver?? For sure!!

I watched him warming up before Dubai..i texted my buddy that he looks scared. He hooked his first tee shot 70 yards left on a wide open par 5 fairway..then hit like 4 more bad shots on that hole alone..then he gave up...its all mental with this guy im telling you..
  • Options
    Dude was the number 1 player in the world since the scandal and has won on tour more recently than Phil. It's health...
  • Options

Pat Perez has deleted his Twitter. Dude is soft as a pillow.

Haha what a skirt..