Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

Does Tiger have mental issues on the golf course? Clearly. But his back is the main problem. At least that's my take.

correct
    I used to think the same but not anymore. Did he need some back "precedures"? Probably..Was he getting them done to be ahead of the aging curve as he got older?? Maybe..Does he have serious mental issues since his scandal and the yips with his driver?? For sure!!

I watched him warming up before Dubai..i texted my buddy that he looks scared. He hooked his first tee shot 70 yards left on a wide open par 5 fairway..then hit like 4 more bad shots on that hole alone..then he gave up...its all mental with this guy im telling you..
    Ya ever blown discs in your back? I have. Golfing once you've injured your back is damn near impossible. So in a sense, you are right. It is mental. But it's because he knows (not outwardly) that he can't make the same swings like he used to.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Wma31394 said:

Pat Perez has deleted his Twitter. Dude is soft as a pillow.

Haha what a skirt..
    Skirt...lol
  • Options
    norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

Does Tiger have mental issues on the golf course? Clearly. But his back is the main problem. At least that's my take.

correct
    I used to think the same but not anymore. Did he need some back "precedures"? Probably..Was he getting them done to be ahead of the aging curve as he got older?? Maybe..Does he have serious mental issues since his scandal and the yips with his driver?? For sure!!

I watched him warming up before Dubai..i texted my buddy that he looks scared. He hooked his first tee shot 70 yards left on a wide open par 5 fairway..then hit like 4 more bad shots on that hole alone..then he gave up...its all mental with this guy im telling you..
    Ya ever blown discs in your back? I have. Golfing once you've injured your back is damn near impossible. So in a sense, you are right. It is mental. But it's because he knows (not outwardly) that he can't make the same swings like he used to.
    See Couples, Fred. Took him forever and was never the same.
  • Options
    Bryson back to normal putting...dip shit.
  • Options
    Pulled the trigger on PGA Tour Live. Sucks it's only featured groups, but still awesome to have in the background at work.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

correct

I have not..but I have strained my back and yes I don't see how I could have swung a club..

Maybe that speed freak Lindsey screwed him up not sure..(man she has to be crazy in the sack)

Here's my take on tiger..i think after his scandle in which he totally handled the aftermath the wrong way he lost all mental advantages he had over everyone..i think he truly wanted to be a soccer Dad for his young kids and decided basically not practice thinking he could come back at the same level. Which is fine..He has only known the top level for pretty much everyone in his career..golf, money, women, etc. Now he sees kids doing shit on the course he can't do and he can't handle it..thus using his back as more of an excuse than a reason. Does he have some pain? Sure most golfers probably do.

For me tiger winning another major would be the best sports story I could think of for many reasons.. he's just having issues showing face on tour right now...i think he can he just needs to stop worrying about what everyone is saying and just practice..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

correct

I have not..but I have strained my back and yes I don't see how I could have swung a club..

Maybe that speed freak Lindsey screwed him up not sure..(man she has to be crazy in the sack)

Here's my take on tiger..i think after his scandle in which he totally handled the aftermath the wrong way he lost all mental advantages he had over everyone..i think he truly wanted to be a soccer Dad for his young kids and decided basically not practice thinking he could come back at the same level. Which is fine..He has only known the top level for pretty much everyone in his career..golf, money, women, etc. Now he sees kids doing shit on the course he can't do and he can't handle it..thus using his back as more of an excuse than a reason. Does he have some pain? Sure most golfers probably do.

For me tiger winning another major would be the best sports story I could think of for many reasons.. he's just having issues showing face on tour right now...i think he can he just needs to stop worrying about what everyone is saying and just practice..
    The thing here is, he was the number #1 player in the world after all of this until his back went. He won 5 times in 2013.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

correct

The thing here is, he was the number #1 player in the world after all of this until his back went. He won 5 times in 2013.
    Yea i know but that was 4 years ago..4 years a long time with no game..
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

correct

But the common denominator here is his back...
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

correct

An easy out for him..only my opinion. I do find it interesting that players are speaking out more now...lets see. I hope he can play the masters.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

correct

An easy out for him..only my opinion. I do find it interesting that players are speaking out more now...lets see. I hope he can play the masters.
    An easy out? He's had 3 back surgeries. You're right, he's hasn't had much game because he can't play.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    eddiec said:

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

correct

An easy out? He's had 3 back surgeries. You're right, he's hasn't had much game because he can't play.

My guess from the best doctors on the planet..you would figure it would be right by now..
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

eddiec said:

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

correct

My guess from the best doctors on the planet..you would figure it would be right by now..
    Most people don't have feeling in their hands from these surgeries, let along swing a golf club...
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Wma31394 said:

eddiec said:

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

Wma31394 said:

norm said:

eddiec said:

correct

Most people don't have feeling in their hands from these surgeries, let along swing a golf club...
    Yea the ones that are discharged after 24 hours and only given 4 weeks of rehab from their insurance..you know, normal people.

Post edited by Wma31394 on
  • Options
    It's not like it's uncommon for Tiger "Would"(insert pic of hot stripper) to mislead people right???
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    This course that they're playing on looks like shit. It's only Friday and all the teeboxes and fairways are torn up big time.
  • Options

This course that they're playing on looks like shit. It's only Friday and all the teeboxes and fairways are torn up big time.

Greens are super spotty. Awesome course, but it doesn't look great.
  • Options

Greens are super spotty. Awesome course, but it doesn't look great.
    Yeah greens look like garbage too. Crazy to see PGA National looking like that.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    February 24th....Indiana....golfing in shorts and a t-shirt...this is awesome.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    love Pat Perez!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Is this The Season of Fowler?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547

I would have to say a big no until he puts the major W on the board.
  • Options

Putting together a hell of a tournament on a tough course, but it's not like he hasn't had flashes of brilliance before. Will be interested to see how he does next week with a tougher field.

Hope someone makes a charge. Hasn't been a good Sunday yet this year
  • Options

Putting together a hell of a tournament on a tough course, but it's not like he hasn't had flashes of brilliance before. Will be interested to see how he does next week with a tougher field.

I'm rooting for him. That drive on 18 yesterday was a thing of beauty.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, man. Seems like a good kid. Still crazy young too.

Amazing drive. Love this graphic

• Options
    edited February 2017

Yeah, man. Seems like a good kid. Still crazy young too.

Amazing drive. Love this graphic

Yeah NBC had that live. I wish they could do that on every hole.

Like 40 yards further than the other guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Unreal drive..amazing how far these small guys can hit it. I think Ricky is good for a major in his career. Probably a PGA ..Very streaky player like Phil.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    I barely watched any of this but I did see that drive. In slo-mo it looked like both his feet came off the ground.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Rickie falling apart on 6 here. Can't believe he went left off the tee there when he didn't need to.