Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We're all stars now

My cat is awful clingy.. For a cat.. He's kind of the most un-cat-like cat, I have ever been around. He sits and stays on command ( for a short term), like a dog.
    One day I'll video it!

Please do, Tree!

Beans sometimes wakes up out of a deep sleep/dream, does that barking meow thing, and becomes very clingy. It's very sweet, actually.

And when George was little, he used to play fetch with me, with paper balls.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    hedonist said:

We're all stars now

My cat is awful clingy.. For a cat.. He's kind of the most un-cat-like cat, I have ever been around. He sits and stays on command ( for a short term), like a dog.
    One day I'll video it!

Please do, Tree!

Beans sometimes wakes up out of a deep sleep/dream, does that barking meow thing, and becomes very clingy. It's very sweet, actually.

Aww!!! My sister's cat Charlie used to do that
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655

hedonist said:

We're all stars now

One day I'll video it!

Please do, Tree!

Aww!!! My sister's cat Charlie used to do that
    My cat does that too. It's so cute when they jerk awake and start yelling, lol, like "what the..?? How long have I been asleep for? What time is it?! Oh! You're here! I love you so much, let's snuggle."
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    now i know why my daughter likes green so much..
    i got it too.. silver and gold is still me though...
    and got no problems having kids like that either..
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Sleep. I could use some.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Well I got a call from my dad. He suggested that a meeting be arranged with his brother, so that it's not weird for everyone at my brother's wedding in a couple of weeks. Just to clarify, I have never met anyone in my dad's family, I've never even been sure who in his family was aware of my existence. So, this should be interesting.

It's such a weird situation. Clearly nobody in his family has ever had any interest in me. This is only happening now because my brother is getting married and me being at the wedding makes it kind of hard for them to deny my existence anymore. So I'm not really sure how to feel about it, or them
  • Options

Well I got a call from my dad. He suggested that a meeting be arranged with his brother, so that it's not weird for everyone at my brother's wedding in a couple of weeks. Just to clarify, I have never met anyone in my dad's family, I've never even been sure who in his family was aware of my existence. So, this should be interesting.

It's such a weird situation. Clearly nobody in his family has ever had any interest in me. This is only happening now because my brother is getting married and me being at the wedding makes it kind of hard for them to deny my existence anymore. So I'm not really sure how to feel about it, or them

Jenny, it all sounds weird. You deserve better - much better - than that. I hope you know all of that is on them, NOT you.

Here, I happily happened upon a documentary about my favorite gorilla! She's a lefty like me :)
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

Just try to have a good time, think positively. This is how people are most of the time, try not to be angry with them.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, i'm not angry as such. I just don't understand how they could never be curious about me. It's sad that I never got to meet my grandparents and I don't even have the courage to ask my dad if he told them about me.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253

Good luck, jnimhaoileoin! Sounds like it could be a new path on your life . . . or, maybe not.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    I want to have a good job and go to work. Unemployment sucks.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    I just got rejected from a job. The interviewer called me, but told me really positive stuff about my interviewing. She asked if she could linkedin with me.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

I just got rejected from a job. The interviewer called me, but told me really positive stuff about my interviewing. She asked if she could linkedin with me.

Sorry the job didn't work out but at least you can take some positives from it
  • Options
    thinking to myself this to someone; sorry i didnt know what sex was then nor did i practice it bc i was just a kid who came from a family who did not know what was going on in that building and thats how i knew it to be so instead of being an accusitive jerk ask mary and she will tell you and she will tell you how she knows!!!
  • Options
    Kinda hoping Dissident is played tonight...which is weird, because it's not even one of my favorites. But one of the lyrics has been rolling around in my head since this morning.

Also, very happy for my friends who'll be there.

Who are there.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    The earthquake in Italy, 267 dead and 400 injured.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Puzzle pieces of life
  • Options
    Were mammograms created by men?
  • Options
    Enrolled in three continuing education courses. I'll learn skills to add to my resume. Yay!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Were mammograms created by men?

Yes. I'm sure of it.
  • Options
    Meeting my uncle tomorrow for the first time. First time meeting anyone from my dad's family, should be interesting!
  • Options

Meeting my uncle tomorrow for the first time. First time meeting anyone from my dad's family, should be interesting!

Good luck!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,811
    Posters, so many posters. Love that smell.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Dad moved house so no internet for few days lol I don't know how I would survive haha but lucky I got my phone
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    Been having a really hard time, for about 18 months now, with the purpose of it all. Its not just about death and destruction.....what is even the point of life at all, even when happy? I know it's cliche. The "Why are we here?" mindset. But i cant stop. It never bothered me until well after my kids were born. never thought about it until around 40 years old. I need a book or something.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Dead, lifeless eyes in the faces of men and women who have been cheated on or heart-broken by people they loved
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options

Been having a really hard time, for about 18 months now, with the purpose of it all. Its not just about death and destruction.....what is even the point of life at all, even when happy? I know it's cliche. The "Why are we here?" mindset. But i cant stop. It never bothered me until well after my kids were born. never thought about it until around 40 years old. I need a book or something.

Hang in there, Hugh. Maybe there is no purpose to be placed on where we are; maybe it just is how it is.

Or...that there isn't even a purpose to IT, but to each of us, in our exquisite, seemingly, and perhaps mistakenly inconsequential ways.

Shit, I figure that to this point, I've gotten some answers, some I'm still trying to find, and others I thought I'd found turned around and said (royally, no less) "fuck you, keep searching".

Look at your children - your precious cargo.

And go volunteer your kind and thoughtful self somewhere.

Win/win.
  • Options
    when it snows in other countries and is freezing, can anything bad happen to the house water pipes etc
    and what about power lines with contact from snow etc
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Good luck!
    Cheers! It was grand, though there were more of them than I expected - my uncle and his wife plus three of their kids (my cousins) and three of my cousins kids too