Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I'm sooo sooo tired, it's been a hectic week.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ^^ No little donut dude in Cleveland. Grant you, I haven't been to a game in a while, but all we get are overpriced crappy hot dogs.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Good luck to all the job hunters on here!

samjam said:

Nami said:

Job interview tomorrow, scared shitless

Best of luck!!!
    Pap said:

Good luck to all the job hunters on here!

Thanks gang it went well. The actual pre-interview gitters are the worst for me but once inside I settled down and had a great conversation.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Small claims court. Is it going to be worth ALL the work I'm preparing?
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    wasa1971 said:

Depends on the suit in question. Is it a physical suit?? Or monetary? And further more.. Is it a well founded suit, as in grudge suit vs rectifiable matter suit..
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    RKCNDY said:

All I wanted was a baggie of fresh hot mini donuts...ever see the guy with the little donut maker, and it makes and fries the donuts right in front of you? Yeah, I always get them when we go to a game, and the guy is usually open after the game to serve the drunks. He's one of the food trucks outside the park.
    Game ends early (seriously...a 2 hour baseball game?!?) My friend and I walk all the way around the stadium to get fucking donuts (because they are better than the cold elephant ears they sell inside the stadium), and the guy is closed....
    GGGRRRRRRRRRRRAAAARRRTGGGGHHHH!

We had to walk back around again to go back to the bar...I still want donuts.

I feel your pain about when you don't get the stadium food you want! Every time my mom and I would go to Yankee Stadium or Shea/Citi Field, our tradition is to get a delicious knish. It's just not a baseball game without one for us! And now where I moved--no stadium knishes. This is madness! Gonna have to start a petition.

Also--fresh hot mini donuts hmmm--now I want some! I used to get some of those in DC during holiday season!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    I read a post in the Degenerates Unite thread.. And now I'm all pissy. Hahaha!
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    edited April 2015

wasa1971 said:

Depends on the suit in question. Is it a physical suit?? Or monetary? And further more.. Is it a well founded suit, as in grudge suit vs rectifiable matter suit..
    Well founded for sure. We had renos done and have had to hire other trades to come in and finish/ fix what was already done. He won't return emails/phone calls.
    Post edited by wasa1971 on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    RKCNDY said:

All I wanted was a baggie of fresh hot mini donuts...ever see the guy with the little donut maker, and it makes and fries the donuts right in front of you? Yeah, I always get them when we go to a game, and the guy is usually open after the game to serve the drunks. He's one of the food trucks outside the park.
    Game ends early (seriously...a 2 hour baseball game?!?) My friend and I walk all the way around the stadium to get fucking donuts (because they are better than the cold elephant ears they sell inside the stadium), and the guy is closed....

Mmmmm - mini donuts. Here we can only get them at fairs, so while in general I hate fairs I sometimes go just for the mini donuts.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Every so often, I'll catch a glimpse of something Disney World, which leads me to looking at Disney stuff, and before I know it I'm an hour and a half into planning a nonexistent/temporarily impossible vacation :lol:
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

Just got an email from Vivid Seats, a ticket scal...ahem...reseller site saying they had specially selected events just for you.. These three events were Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, and Bette Middler.

WTF??!! Someone's ad targeting algorithm is way off base.

Maybe you sleep walk and watch barry manilow on youtube in your sleep. Its targeting your alter ego that only comes out then. If so make sure you hide your credit cards from yourself before you buy those tickets and wonder the next day how they stole your info.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    dinner..its pizza night
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,277
    My favourite team is really close to win its first Greek Volley League championship ever! Go PAOK!!! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Got an unpleasant reminder today of how my mothers diabetes can manifest when she takes her eye off the ball
  • Options
    wasa1971 said:

wasa1971 said:

Well founded for sure. We had renos done and have had to hire other trades to come in and finish/ fix what was already done. He won't return emails/phone calls.
    Yep, well founded... Just keep records of everything! Judges love it when we hit their courts, prepared, and organized!!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I'm hoping to finish all I need to finish before the movies I want to see expire at month's end on HBO Now and Crackle.
  • Options

Got an unpleasant reminder today of how my mothers diabetes can manifest when she takes her eye off the ball

I went through that with my mother too. Only mine was stubborn about not taking care of herself like she should.. Eventually I had to quit my job To take care of her.. Hang in there!
  • Options

I went through that with my mother too. Only mine was stubborn about not taking care of herself like she should.. Eventually I had to quit my job To take care of her.. Hang in there!
    Thanks :) My mum is 70 now, so I guess she has by far exceeded the life expectancy they gave her when she was diagnosed in her 20's! Her diabetes is much better than it was when I was younger, since the insulin changed. So thankfully it's now a rare occurrence for her to go that low. Was a good thing I got home earlier than expected though
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I'm glad that you got home at a good time!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I hate job apps that make you fill out everything that they can find by simply looking as your resume!!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

wasa1971 said:

wasa1971 said:

Yep, well founded... Just keep records of everything! Judges love it when we hit their courts, prepared, and organized!!
    and keep it factual.....not emotional.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    bacon. cause I just ate some.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Thanks :) My mum is 70 now, so I guess she has by far exceeded the life expectancy they gave her when she was diagnosed in her 20's! Her diabetes is much better than it was when I was younger, since the insulin changed. So thankfully it's now a rare occurrence for her to go that low. Was a good thing I got home earlier than expected though
    Right?? My mom was diagnosed at 16. They told her she'd never live past forty.. This was in the 60's and she just lost it! She went and did every drug she could to do!! She was still fighting her addictions when she died at 55. After having five years clean and sober, and then she went off the rails again, did a shot of speed with a dirty needle and contracted MRSA. That's when I had to quit my job and provide round the clock care. And the doctors were so mean about it. But we had to work too.. It was a really rough time. I'm glad you don't have to go through any of that with your mom! At least you got THAT to make it easier.

Now I have type 2 Diabetes, and I watch my BS like a HAWK! Lol I will not repeat my mother's mistakes.
  • Options

Right?? My mom was diagnosed at 16. They told her she'd never live past forty.. This was in the 60's and she just lost it! She went and did every drug she could to do!! She was still fighting her addictions when she died at 55. After having five years clean and sober, and then she went off the rails again, did a shot of speed with a dirty needle and contracted MRSA. That's when I had to quit my job and provide round the clock care. And the doctors were so mean about it. But we had to work too.. It was a really rough time. I'm glad you don't have to go through any of that with your mom! At least you got THAT to make it easier.

Now I have type 2 Diabetes, and I watch my BS like a HAWK! Lol I will not repeat my mother's mistakes.
    Sorry you went through such a hard time with your mum. Mine was diagnosed in the 60's as well. It doesn't cause her too many problems these days but I guess some of her other conditions may be related. She also has osteoporosis, emphysema and high blood pressure, as well as surviving breast cancer. Add to that her husband leaving her with six kids and you could say she hasn't been the luckiest person in the world!
  • Options
    Wow! Maybe not soLucky in your mind, but definitely tough as nails!! She's for sure lucky to have you, and THAT makes her the luckiest mom on the planet!
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Bored to tears at work. Entertain me!
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I usually never smoke beforE work.. But if I don't today.. I will never make it to work!!! Why are the CBD oils so ridiculously expensive?!?!? 90 for one two ounce dropper!! :-( that hurts.. Literally.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

what the fuck was that at greys anatomy last episode??sucks

No spoilers! We're further behind in Ireland
    the episode at rating took 5...when usually epiodes take 8-9....
    my sis said will stop watching after this...is sucks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

one of the things i always buy and eat when i visit usa,.donuts!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    seems i missed a good topic at AET...lol