Options

Is this a racial protests?

OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
edited September 2009 in A Moving Train
What is this protests really about?? Try to find one colored person....there isn't one. I can't help but wonder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtdzSTfe4W8
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Whoa. Cookie Monster is here.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    mb262200 wrote:
    What is this protests really about?? Try to find one colored person....there isn't one. I can't help but wonder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtdzSTfe4W8

I was down there for awhile and watch this crowd go by and l :shock: :shock: k for any people of color and I saw none. I'll add on the many peace marches I participated in they were quite a few more black people there but then again I thought there would be more.

Whenever the next tea party march occurs I'll walk the march with them just to get a better feel of what they are really going to say. Does anybody know what what the estimates of the protesters were?

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    I didn't watch the OPs link but from other video I've seen, the protesters are an absolutely sick in the head. some of those signs made me want to vomit.

the extreme assholes on the right and left are a disgrace to this country.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,218
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I didn't watch the OPs link but from other video I've seen, the protesters are an absolutely sick in the head. some of those signs made me want to vomit.

I agree...
    What we really need is to drop the ridiculous... imagined divide in America.
    If anyone thinks Health Care is just fine... as is... really needs to look into the numbers and see what chaos it will bring if left.. as is.
    Most Americans feel the system needs to be reformed... so, let's work together and come up with a solution. If you don't like the current HR3200 bill going around... offer up amanedments to it... change the language in it... lobby for the parts you want... agrue the points you want taken out.
    This moronic Red vs. Blue shit really needs to end. It is getting us nowhere... and a divided country never wins.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:

WOW I missed most those signs , this nation devide of red and blue has to try and come together.

Make PURPLE instead of this constant infighting.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    jlew24asu wrote:

I agree...
    If anyone thinks Health Care is just fine... as is... really needs to look into the numbers and see what chaos it will bring if left.. as is.
    Most Americans feel the system needs to be reformed... so, let's work together and come up with a solution. If you don't like the current HR3200 bill going around... offer up amanedments to it... change the language in it... lobby for the parts you want... agrue the points you want taken out.
    This moronic Red vs. Blue shit really needs to end. It is getting us nowhere... and a divided country never wins.

as much as I like Obama, and want to give him the benefit of the doubt, I blame alot of this on him. he spoke a big game during the campaign about being a uniter and willing to work with both side of the isle. but so far, I see him pandering to the left. its up to him to lead and unite us.

I hear alot of republicans talking about 80/20 with this bill. agree with 80% disagree with 20%. its time Obama and the democratic congress (specifically that old bag Pelosi) to make some compromises and get the deal done. pass what BOTH agree on...and debate the rest for later bills or amendments.
  • Options
    Um ... did you just say "colored person?" I didn't know they had Internet where you live, in the 50s.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    jlew24asu wrote:

I agree...

as much as I like Obama, and want to give him the benefit of the doubt, I blame alot of this on him. he spoke a big game during the campaign about being a uniter and willing to work with both side of the isle. but so far, I see him pandering to the left. its up to him to lead and unite us.

]I hear alot of republicans talking about 80/20 with this bill. agree with 80% disagree with 20%. its time Obama and the democratic congress (specifically that old bag Pelosi) to make some compromises and get the deal done. pass what BOTH agree on...and debate the rest for later bills or amendments.

I totally agree, make a deal on what you agree on and work on the rest later. That thought brings to mind this scene from the Clint Eastwood movie *Kelly's Heroe's* Maybe He's A Republican.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:

I totally agree, make a deal on what you agree on and work on the rest later. That thought brings to mind this scene from the Clint Eastwood movie *Kelly's Heroe's* Maybe He's A Republican.

Peace

thats on the Dems and Obama. they control the show. I'm still skeptical given all the tough talk lately, but I have to imagine even hard heads can compromise.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    the colored people were..............rapping and leading the speeches........for the uncolored people. cspan.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    jlew24asu wrote:

I hear alot of republicans talking about 80/20 with this bill. agree with 80% disagree with 20%. its time Obama and the democratic congress (specifically that old bag Pelosi) to make some compromises and get the deal done. pass what BOTH agree on...and debate the rest for later bills or amendments.

um...this 80% you speak of...can you get more specific...? Obama outlined his ideas and plans the other night, which included tort reform (he used another phrase, I can't recall right now) and co-ops...which are two major items the right has been pushing for...other than the pubic option...what is the right disagreeing with...?
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:

um...this 80% you speak of...can you get more specific...?

I'm not a republican senator, so no, I can't be more specific, but thats what they are saying, not me. I know some of those things include forcing the insurance companies to cover someone regardless of condition, and not dropping them if a condition develops. and what you mention here...
    inmytree wrote:
    Obama outlined his ideas and plans the other night, which included tort reform (he used another phrase, I can't recall right now) and co-ops...which are two major items the right has been pushing for...other than the pubic option...what is the right disagreeing with...?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

there were some of those people in our Labor Day parade. i gave them a thumbsdown as they walked past. and im pretty sure they were all inbred also. i tried not to notice that, but it kinda stood out.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

um...this 80% you speak of...can you get more specific...?

I'm not a republican senator, so no, I can't be more specific, but thats what they are saying, not me. I know some of those things include forcing the insurance companies to cover someone regardless of condition, and not dropping them if a condition develops. and what you mention here...
    inmytree wrote:
    Obama outlined his ideas and plans the other night, which included tort reform (he used another phrase, I can't recall right now) and co-ops...which are two major items the right has been pushing for...other than the pubic option...what is the right disagreeing with...?

I'm confused...you say can't be more specific then you go on to give examples of what they are against...

From what you saying the repubs support kicking folks off of insurance when the get sick and that insurance companies should be able to deny coverage for "preexisting conditions"...like zits...

that's a real strong platform... ;)

Obama is reaching out to the other side, they simply don't want to play...you can't blame Obama for that...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:

I'm confused...you say can't be more specific then you go on to give examples of what they are against...

I don't know the entire 80% of which they agree, which is what you asked for. I only know of certain examples.
    inmytree wrote:
    From what you saying the repubs support kicking folks off of insurance when the get sick and that insurance companies should be able to deny coverage for "preexisting conditions"...like zits...

how is this from what I'm saying? BOTH sides agree insurance companies should not drop someone with a pre existing condition. as well as not kick someone off coverage.

why did you say the complete opposite of what I said?
    inmytree wrote:
    Obama is reaching out to the other side, they simply don't want to play...you can't blame Obama for that...

Obama is not reaching out, neither is Pelosi. they seem to be holding fast on a public option which is the main sticking point. Obama and congress control what happens. its on them to make concessions.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    it should be illegal to have that many fags in the same place at the same time... did i say fags? i meant flags.

I have to say i'm truly amazed by America's lack of moral stature when it comes to this healthcare question... its been in place here for 50-ish years... get with the times... to be fair though, 50-ish years ago black people in america were still forced to sit in segregated seats on a bus... land of the free. :lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

I don't know the entire 80% of which they agree, which is what you asked for. I only know of certain examples.
    inmytree wrote:

how is this from what I'm saying? BOTH sides agree insurance companies should not drop someone with a pre existing condition. as well as not kick someone off coverage.

why did you say the complete opposite of what I said?
    inmytree wrote:

Obama is not reaching out, neither is Pelosi. they seem to be holding fast on a public option which is the main sticking point. Obama and congress control what happens. its on them to make concessions.

thanks for the clarification on what both sides agree upon...I misread you post...my error...

as for Obama and Pelosi not "reaching out"...I guess if you define "reaching out" as "giving the other side everything they want"...I guess you would be correct...as it stands, I've seen absolutely no effort from those on the right to work with Obama and Pelosi...other than saying "no"...
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    it should be illegal to have that many fags in the same place at the same time... did i say fags? i meant flags.

I have to say i'm truly amazed by America's lack of moral stature when it comes to this healthcare question... its been in place here for 50-ish years... get with the times...

your way its necessarily the right way from everyone. get it?
    dunkman wrote:
    to be fair though, 50-ish years ago black people in america were still forced to sit in segregated seats on a bus... land of the free. :lol:

and to think today we have a black president. land of the free is right.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:

as for Obama and Pelosi not "reaching out"...I guess if you define "reaching out" as "giving the other side everything they want"...I guess you would be correct...as it stands, I've seen absolutely no effort from those on the right to work with Obama and Pelosi...other than saying "no"...

everything? no. but like I said...the republicans are saying they agree with about 80% of the reforms on the table. I say Obama and Pelosi should embrace that and draft a bill with what they agree on. those reforms alone will be a huge improvement. they are in power, only they have the power to do that. but they don't.

you do understand the the dems control the white house and congress right?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

everything? no. but like I said...the republicans are saying they agree with about 80% of the reforms on the table. I say Obama and Pelosi should embrace that and draft a bill with what they agree on. those reforms alone will be a huge improvement. they are in power, only they have the power to do that. but they don't.

you do understand the the dems control the white house and congress right?

aaa dur dee dum de duh...they do...? ;)

and I'm sure you understand the repubs don't control the white house and congress...therefore, the dems can go tell the repubs to pound salt if they wanted to...sadly they are too pussy to do so..

It's funny that the repubs are the ones whining about this bill...they had 6 full years to address this issue...they didn't...now they want to cry about it...

anyway...back to the topic at hand...Yes, I do feel there is a strong racial aspect to these protests...look at the pics from the freak show held on saturday...upset older white folks...in the big picture, 1964 was not that long ago...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:

and I'm sure you understand the repubs don't control the white house and congress...therefore, the dems can go tell the repubs to pound salt if they wanted to...sadly they are too pussy to do so..

this may come as a shock to you. but not all dems are as far left as you or Pelosi. thats why the bill won't pass.
    inmytree wrote:
    It's funny that the repubs are the ones whining about this bill...they had 6 full years to address this issue...they didn't...now they want to cry about it...

this makes zero sense. seriously, think about what you are saying.
    inmytree wrote:

anyway...back to the topic at hand...Yes, I do feel there is a strong racial aspect to these protests...look at the pics from the freak show held on saturday...upset older white folks...in the big picture, 1964 was not that long ago...

I wonder if you felt all the bush=hitler signs were too radical. or maybe that was ok ;)
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

so you know already that it would fail in America... you really do have a crystal ball.

tell me how it would fail?

jlew24asu wrote:

and to think today we have a black president. land of the free is right.

and to think your president before him had the mental capacity of a down syndrome hedgehog... says a lot for your electorate. A black president that won despite things like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fieGfc6DL7k ... the above video contains scenes of free racism.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

this may come as a shock to you. but not all dems are as far left as you or Pelosi. thats why the bill won't pass.
    inmytree wrote:

inmytree wrote:

I wonder if you felt all the bush=hitler signs were too radical. or maybe that was ok ;)

Speaking as a lefty, those Bush=Hitler signs were ridiculous too...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    jlew24asu wrote:

so you know already that it would fail in America... you really do have a crystal ball.

tell me how it would fail?

to be clear, are you asking why I think universal healthcare would fail in the US?
    dunkman wrote:

and to think your president before him had the mental capacity of a down syndrome hedgehog... says a lot for your electorate. A black president that won despite things like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fieGfc6DL7k ... the above video contains scenes of free racism.

thats what happens in a free country. people are free to be racist if they want. I don't like it, you don't like, but it happens. all we can do as a free society is scorn these people and pressure our representatives for tougher and tougher anti hate laws.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

ha ha...they had 6 years...!!! 6 years in power...yet, they didn't address shit...abortion is still legal...now the whine...immigration is still an issue...suddenly joe wilson has a problem...the only time they addressed health care was to give a 15 billion subsidy to for-profit insurance...now they cry about a public option...yeah, I guess I make no sense... :roll: :lol:

as for you comment about the bush=hitler sign...now it's my turn to say you make zero sense...unless you think Obama's war on Healthcare is = to bushys war in Irak...

and those anti-war protests had lots of folks with signs saying "we came unarmed...for now"...

and these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42406957@N04/3913628108/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42406957@N04/3912840785/

that's class...pure class... :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    whoever controls these folks is brilliant!
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:

ha ha...they had 6 years...!!! 6 years in power...yet, they didn't address shit...abortion is still legal...now the whine...immigration is still an issue...suddenly joe wilson has a problem...the only time they addressed health care was to give a 15 billion subsidy to for-profit insurance...now they cry about a public option...yeah, I guess I make no sense... :roll: :lol:

of course they are going to "cry" about a public option. they don't want one. so I'm not sure why you sound so surprised that the right has a problem with it
    inmytree wrote:
    as for you comment about the bush=hitler sign...now it's my turn to say you make zero sense...

it was just a question. did you think those signs were too radical?
    inmytree wrote:
    unless you think Obama's war on Healthcare is = to bushys war in Irak...

and those anti-war protests had lots of folks with signs saying "we came unarmed...for now"...

and these:

and I'm sure I could dig up signs from the left that are just as disgusting. you seem to think its only a problem on the right :?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

of course they are going to "cry" about a public option. they don't want one. so I'm not sure why you sound so surprised that the right has a problem with it
    inmytree wrote:
    as for you comment about the bush=hitler sign...now it's my turn to say you make zero sense...

it was just a question. did you think those signs were too radical?
    inmytree wrote:
    unless you think Obama's war on Healthcare is = to bushys war in Irak...

and these:

and I'm sure I could dig up signs from the left that are just as disgusting. you seem to think its only a problem on the right :?

no, sir...it's not a right or left problem...it's crazy fucker problem...seriously, how many signs implied violence toward bush...? was the nazi thing a bit much..? sure...I'll give you that...but for me, the racial undertones and blatant racist signs are over the top...idiots are bring guns to a healthcare rally...morons are implying the next time the show up they will be armed...

hey, if your seeing these protests as equal...so be it...I don't...