Options

Is this a racial protests?

Comments

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    mb262200 wrote:
    What is this protests really about?? Try to find one colored person....there isn't one. I can't help but wonder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtdzSTfe4W8

You know that you can edit the title of your thread, right?

'Is this a racial protests?' is wrong.

It should read either 'Is this a racial protest?' or 'Are these racial protests?'
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    mb262200 wrote:
    It's obious this reporter was nit picking who he talked to, anybody could make any protests look stupid if they wanted too. Just another example of how the liberals operate. I goota say cosmo, I thought you would know something like that.
    You just don't get it, do you?
    I pointed out that the fringe element does not help... just like the people that showed up dressed as Mr. Spock at Nader rallies in 2000, these people from this sampling does not help. They would be of better service if they just stayed home with the tin foil hats on, agreeing with Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity, insted of being seen in public.
    And the interviewer did nothing to make those people look stupid.... they did it themselves by BEING stupid.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Everyone who thinks that this protest or whenever someone disagrees with the democrats is racist is in fact themselves the most racist of them all. Our black President even said that he didn't believe race was an factor in the protest. You just don't want to believe what a black man says and that makes you all super-racists!

Arguement over.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Cosmo wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:
    It's obious this reporter was nit picking who he talked to, anybody could make any protests look stupid if they wanted too. Just another example of how the liberals operate. I goota say cosmo, I thought you would know something like that.
    You just don't get it, do you?
    I pointed out that the fringe element does not help... just like the people that showed up dressed as Mr. Spock at Nader rallies in 2000, these people from this sampling does not help. They would be of better service if they just stayed home with the tin foil hats on, agreeing with Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity, insted of being seen in public.
    And the interviewer did nothing to make those people look stupid.... they did it themselves by BEING stupid.

I don't know where in the march he was but I saw a few of these people acting, carrying on in an uncivil way. I didn't stay down on the Mall long enough to see the many others that acted as if Hitler had invaded their White House. However, I wasn't surprised cause this the right first march in many years and mb26 has to know some where going to act like they just watched Beck/SH. It's worse on SH's website though.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    evenflow wrote:
    Everyone who thinks that this protest or whenever someone disagrees with the democrats is racist is in fact themselves the most racist of them all. Our black President even said that he didn't believe race was an factor in the protest. You just don't want to believe what a black man says and that makes you all super-racists!

Arguement over.

I gather from this I'm racist too, I didn't vote for him, I disagree with as many things as I do that I agree with. So I don't understand when you say everyone who thinks that this protest or disgrees with dems are racists. I clearly saw some down on the Mall acting like racists.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    evenflow wrote:

Arguement over.
    The original post asks the question, 'Are these protests racist?'.
    Most of the people here say, 'No'.
    As for the arguement being over... it would be over IF there were people who didn't simply disagree with President Obama's administration based on race. Can you verify that not one person in America feels this way? I'm guessing you answer would be, 'No'.
    Also, there are some people who say Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are racists... myself being one.
    The thing see about racism in America is this... people who have never been the subject of racism tend to believe it does not exist or is not widespread. Those people who have been subjected to racism tend to believe it occurs to everyone, everywhere. Neither is true. Racism exists because racists exists. Playing the race card where it does not exist is the same as excusing racism by attaching something else to it.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    "Typical Liberal"... that one statement tells me a lot about you.
    I don't agree with you because your arguement points are basically pulled out of your ass, instead of based upon factual data to support it. If you can provide me with reasoned, VALID points, i will concede your arguement. When it is 'just your opinion' it's simple a verbal fart that is not worth taking seriously

I have been feeling a little gassy lately.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    I don't agree with you because your arguement points are basically pulled out of your ass, instead of based upon factual data to support it. If you can provide me with reasoned, VALID points, i will concede your arguement. When it is 'just your opinion' it's simple a verbal fart that is not worth taking seriously

Where do you get factual data? How can you tell what is actually factual these days? No matter where you get your information, chances are some of it is not factual. If everything you know is so factual and bulletproof why don't you go on t.v. and share with the rest of us, we could all use some factual data these days actually knowing that it is factual.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

Where do you get factual data? How can you tell what is actually factual these days? No matter where you get your information, chances are some of it is not factual. If everything you know is so factual and bulletproof why don't you go on t.v. and share with the rest of us, we could all use some factual data these days actually knowing that it is factual.
    Factual data exists.
    Fact: The House Bill (HR 32000) states nothing about 'Death Panels'. Another fact, nothing about providing Federal Credits for Health Care to Illegal Immigrants.
    Another fact... Joe Wilson (R-SC) of 'You Lie! fame... voted for providing Health Care to Illegal immigrants:
    "... in 2003, Wilson voted to provide federal funds for illegal immigrants’ healthcare. The vote came on the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003, which contained Sec. 1011 authorizing $250,000 annually between 2003 and 2008 for government reimbursements to hospitals who provide treatment for uninsured illegal immigrants. The program has been extended through 2009 and there is currently a bipartisan bill in Congress to make it permanent."
    ref. http://www.opencongress.org/articles/vi ... Healthcare
    THAT is how I form my opinions... opinions based in fact, not what some ramdom guy says. I wonder if those Tea Party people with their 'Joe Wilson For President' signs know this.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    From what I've viewed (multiple sources) I would agree with President Obama: A few people voted for him because he is black and a few people voted against him because he is black. But this isn't what the protests are about.

I think that people that have it good seem very likely to agree with status quo. After all, if it isn't broke for them, they don't want it fixed. This is not a 100% statement. This is stricly from me talking with co-workers, friends, family.

I am in the group that isn't totally broken. I have good insurance. I've also watched the rates go up and up and up, while I don't get a cost of living increase (which voters approved over 5 years ago) because there is no money in the state budget. So get paid less and spend more on my insurance. Still, I got to go the dentist and i was happy about it. I've also been able to afford to see a doctor in the last month.

I feel for those who can't, and I'm willing to help them out. I truly believe that competition is a good thing, and it will drive cost down.

A co-worker of mine is 63 and can't retire. She has cancer and her medicine cost over $3,500 a MONTH. Crazy. Insurance, pharmacies, etc... should not be about making money. It should be about saving lives.
  • Options
    From what I've viewed (multiple sources) I would agree with President Obama: A few people voted for him because he is black and a few people voted against him because he is black. But this isn't what the protests are about.

I think that people that have it good seem very likely to agree with status quo. After all, if it isn't broke for them, they don't want it fixed. This is not a 100% statement. This is stricly from me talking with co-workers, friends, family.

I am in the group that isn't totally broken. I have good insurance. I've also watched the rates go up and up and up, while I don't get a cost of living increase (which voters approved over 5 years ago) because there is no money in the state budget. So get paid less and spend more on my insurance. Still, I got to go the dentist and i was happy about it. I've also been able to afford to see a doctor in the last month.

I feel for those who can't, and I'm willing to help them out. I truly believe that competition is a good thing, and it will drive cost down.

A co-worker of mine is 63 and can't retire. She has cancer and her medicine cost over $3,500 a MONTH. Crazy. Insurance, pharmacies, etc... should not be about making money. It should be about saving lives.
    You're kind of in the same boat as me... regarding insurance. I get GREAT Health Care insurance coverage from my multi-billion dollar corporate employer. There's a co-pay... which is miniscule compared to the level of service I currently reccive... I would never be able to afford it on my own.
    But... if we go through major lay-offs that our company leadership is talking about... and I get the boot... I lose that care. How can i pay for it, if I am not working?
    I feel for your co-worker. i personally know of several people in the same boat. They cannot retire for various reasons, including Health Care for a spouse or child. They basically cannot afford to retire and are clinging to a job that would be possible for the college kids loking to start a career. The longer us older folks hang onto our jobs, the longer the college grads will have to wait for our jobs to become open for them.
    If there was an option, I know a lot of my co-workers would retire. Since there isn't... those college kids will just have to wait on those restaurant tables a few more years than they had expected.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    It's really simple. Politics have become sports. I root for my side. You root for your side. I want my side to "win." That means your side has to "lose."

These protests are just pep rallies.

People are screaming at each other during them for the same reason I once got tear gassed in Dallas the night before a Texas-OU football game. I'm rooting for my team. You're rooting for yours. Sometimes it gets out of hand.

It's silly and sad. But it's the truth.

It has very little to do with racism.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    It's really simple. Politics have become sports. I root for my side. You root for your side. I want my side to "win." That means your side has to "lose."

People are screaming at each other during them for the same reason I once got tear gassed in Dallas the night before a Texas-OU football game. I'm rooting for my team. You're rooting for yours. Sometimes it gets out of hand.

Nailed it!!!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Cosmo wrote:

Nailed it!!!

fuckin' a he nailed it!!!
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    edited September 2009
    Cosmo wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

Factual data exists.
    Fact: The House Bill (HR 32000) states nothing about 'Death Panels'. Another fact, nothing about providing Federal Credits for Health Care to Illegal Immigrants.
    Another fact... Joe Wilson (R-SC) of 'You Lie! fame... voted for providing Health Care to Illegal immigrants:
    "... in 2003, Wilson voted to provide federal funds for illegal immigrants’ healthcare. The vote came on the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003, which contained Sec. 1011 authorizing $250,000 annually between 2003 and 2008 for government reimbursements to hospitals who provide treatment for uninsured illegal immigrants. The program has been extended through 2009 and there is currently a bipartisan bill in Congress to make it permanent."
    ref. http://www.opencongress.org/articles/vi ... Healthcare
    THAT is how I form my opinions... opinions based in fact, not what some ramdom guy says. I wonder if those Tea Party people with their 'Joe Wilson For President' signs know this.

WADR,
    Cosmo, that bill he voted on had nothing to with Health Insurance for illegals it had to do with hospitals being re embursed because so many illegals don't pay their hospital bills.Did you even read the article ? I think you might want to do a little more research before you form your opinion.

The truth is the president was lying no matter what way you or anyone else trys to spin it. And by the way there are members of the House and senate who have done things that are far worse and outright disreputable and that have violated the rules of the house. Like Tax Cheats,members who have gotten special mortgage rates,a speaker that lies. ect,ect...
    Post edited by WaveCameCrashin on
  • Options
    The best thing we can all do is be informed. Get as much information as we can. Imagine ourselves in other people shoes. Keep on having discourse (rather then "he said, she said" arguments... which still have their place).
  • Options

Insurance companies have been making billions and billions of dollars. Why can't we just set some laws and rules for them and lower insurance rates. They have been robbing the american people for years. Just 15 years ago I was paying ten dollars a week. Ten years later I was paying over 100 dollars a week. I feel like we can fix the insurance companies and make it affordable for everyone without handing all power over to the government. Quite honestly, I don't trust the government so why would I trust them with my health.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

You're kind of in the same boat as me... regarding insurance. I get GREAT Health Care insurance coverage from my multi-billion dollar corporate employer. There's a co-pay... which is miniscule compared to the level of service I currently reccive... I would never be able to afford it on my own.
    But... if we go through major lay-offs that our company leadership is talking about... and I get the boot... I lose that care. How can i pay for it, if I am not working?
    I feel for your co-worker. i personally know of several people in the same boat. They cannot retire for various reasons, including Health Care for a spouse or child. They basically cannot afford to retire and are clinging to a job that would be possible for the college kids loking to start a career. The longer us older folks hang onto our jobs, the longer the college grads will have to wait for our jobs to become open for them.
    If there was an option, I know a lot of my co-workers would retire. Since there isn't... those college kids will just have to wait on those restaurant tables a few more years than they had expected.

So why wouldn't we just want to lower the age rate for medicare? Why do you feel the need to hand it over to the government which nobody can even trust.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    Quite honestly, I don't trust the government so why would I trust them with my health.
    So keep your Insurance then. Keep putting your trust in the insurance companies and the pharmaceutical companies who have been ripping off people for years. It's almost laughable if it wasn't so damn ludicrous. It's people like you who are so hell bent on shouting down the public option, that seem to have no clue, that all you are doing is lobbying to keep pouring money into the pockets of insurance companies who are the ones rationing healthcare today.

And if you don't trust the government to look after your health, i trust you won't be a hypocrite and call government paid/run emergency service personnel, and their equipment. We'd hate you to not trust us with your health, so don't bother.

Thanks.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    aerial wrote:

I marched in that protest...it was the largest protest in history 1.5 million to 2 million people were in that protest...I did not see one racist sign!...what the Hell are you talking about...we were not just protesting health care but our freedom! We do not want goverment controll of the airways or internet, we do not want the president to have his own private army , we do not want advisors in the white house that only answer to the president. We do not want a president that apologizes for America....America helps just about everyone that ask for help...What freaken country ever help us ...Americans are good people. We marched for you!

do me a favor...please don't march for me...because I don't agree with anything you teabaggers espouse...

thanks...
  • Options
    evenflow wrote:

Arguement over.

sez the person who thinks our President is African... :roll: :lol: :roll:

:(
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    inmytree wrote:
    aerial wrote:

I marched in that protest...it was the largest protest in history 1.5 million to 2 million people were in that protest...I did not see one racist sign!...what the Hell are you talking about...we were not just protesting health care but our freedom! We do not want goverment controll of the airways or internet, we do not want the president to have his own private army , we do not want advisors in the white house that only answer to the president. We do not want a president that apologizes for America....America helps just about everyone that ask for help...What freaken country ever help us ...Americans are good people. We marched for you!

do me a favor...please don't march for me...because I don't agree with anything you teabaggers espouse...

thanks...

I guess I should not assume all posters are Americans. Sorry. Most Americans love there Freedom. Freedom is what I espouse!
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    inmytree wrote:
    aerial wrote:

thanks...

I guess I should not assume all posters are Americans. Sorry. Most Americans love there Freedom. Freedom is what I espouse!

does that include freedom to disagree with you and your fellow teabaggers...?
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    So why wouldn't we just want to lower the age rate for medicare? Why do you feel the need to hand it over to the government which nobody can even trust.

Are you fucking kidding me?

1) That's what the "Public Option" is, Einstein. It's allowing "Medicare For All Who Choose It."

2) The government ALREADY RUNS MEDICARE. Medicare is a Government-Run Health Insurance program for seniors. You seriously didn't know that?

Are you REALLY that dumb? Are you REALLY that uninformed? Do you realize that you just demonstrated why dealing with the tea baggers and town hall screamers is SO annoying? You just asked why don't we lower the age for medicare when THAT is what the whole "public option" does... it allows ANYONE to sign up for it.. it's bare bones.. it's not the best.. but medicare has an 80% satisfaction rate.. and Medicare IS RUN BY THE GOVERNMENT.

Jesus, no wonder they called it the "Million Moron March."
  • Options
    aerial wrote:

So when George W Bush was spying on Americans, doing away with Habius Corpus, arresting without warrants, lying to the public to make excuses to bomb a third-world country back into the stone age... were you also protesting THAT?

Because MAN, talk about wiping his ass with our freedoms, eh?

Or.. did you sit that one out?
  • Options
    Jasunmark wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

1) That's what the "Public Option" is, Einstein. It's allowing "Medicare For All Who Choose It."

2) The government ALREADY RUNS MEDICARE. Medicare is a Government-Run Health Insurance program for seniors. You seriously didn't know that?

Are you REALLY that dumb? Are you REALLY that uninformed? Do you realize that you just demonstrated why dealing with the tea baggers and town hall screamers is SO annoying? You just asked why don't we lower the age for medicare when THAT is what the whole "public option" does... it allows ANYONE to sign up for it.. it's bare bones.. it's not the best.. but medicare has an 80% satisfaction rate.. and Medicare IS RUN BY THE GOVERNMENT.

I have heard this from several people who are against the Health Care Reform... and adamantly against 'Government Entitlement Programs'... yet, are receiving Medicare or whose parents are on Medicare.
    This gem was also mentioned:
    mb262200 wrote:
    Insurance companies have been making billions and billions of dollars. Why can't we just set some laws and rules for them and lower insurance rates. They have been robbing the american people for years. Just 15 years ago I was paying ten dollars a week. Ten years later I was paying over 100 dollars a week. I feel like we can fix the insurance companies and make it affordable for everyone without handing all power over to the government. Quite honestly, I don't trust the government so why would I trust them with my health.
    Which is WHAT the Health Care Reform is trying to do. Reform the access to Health Care that is currently controlled by Insurance Companies. He does not trust the Government... but, trusts the Insurance Companies that have been making "billions and billions" and "robbing Amenrcans for years".
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    Insurance companies have been making billions and billions of dollars. Why can't we just set some laws and rules for them and lower insurance rates.

That's what the bill DOES... that's the whole freaking POINT of "Health Care Reform" It's so insurance companies have rules set up so they can't take your money and then cut you off when you need coverage.
    Quite honestly, I don't trust the government so why would I trust them with my health.

but wait.. you just said "Why can't we just set some laws and rules for them and lower insurance rates."

You ... do.... know.... that the government is who MAKES "laws," right? :lol:

Wow.
  • Options
    Jasunmark wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

At he time I was talking about lowering the age rate to retirement age so when people retire they don't have a grace period they have to wait. Yes i'm aware that the government runs medicare...I never said they didn't. It's also going broke. You know, I really don't give a shit about health care reform anymore. What we're doing doesn't work so fuck it, let's see what the government can do with it. I just don't want to lose what I got...that's all.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    aerial wrote:

this kind of shit makes me genuinely laugh. :lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.