Options

Is this a racial protests?

Comments

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dunkman wrote:
    jlew24asu wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

you've never said that... but Americans think that... the post earlier in this thread from G_under_P was from some newscaster who said you had the best healthcare system in the world...

I dont give a flying fuck what some newscaster said. I'm talking about what I said. and I never said our "system" was the best. I said our quality of care is...IF you can afford it.

the newscaster idiot is symptomatic of the general pompousness of Americans when it comes to being The Best™ at everything in the world....

and your quality of care point is very possibly true... but half of your population CANNOT afford it... 150million people do not get that QUALITY of care that you are espousing to be the best in the world...

how do you quantify 'quality of care'? for me it isnt that 3 rich billionaires get a foot massage whilst they recover from a gall bladder operation... its about the general quality of care for the populace of an entire nation... and in this instance your country comes last.

heres a sick experiment.
    i.e. take 100 people in the US who earn less than $15000 per year and give them a variety of health problems, ranging from Cancer right down to Asthma, Pneumonia, etc....

and then take 100 people from any modern European country who earn less than the $15000 per year as well... give them the same diseases...

the result will be that all 100 of those people in the Eiro country will be seen, treated, perhaps cured, perhaps not... but they will be seen regardless of their wealth.

The 100 US people might not even get seen... if they do they will not receive the best QUALITY OF CARE... as they simply cannot afford it.

and for that simple reason.. the US doesnt not offer the best quality of care in the world.. far from it.

Well said amigo.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    dunkman wrote:
    jlew24asu wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

you've never said that... but Americans think that... the post earlier in this thread from G_under_P was from some newscaster who said you had the best healthcare system in the world...

I dont give a flying fuck what some newscaster said. I'm talking about what I said. and I never said our "system" was the best. I said our quality of care is...IF you can afford it.

the newscaster idiot is symptomatic of the general pompousness of Americans when it comes to being The Best™ at everything in the world....

and your quality of care point is very possibly true... but half of your population CANNOT afford it... 150million people do not get that QUALITY of care that you are espousing to be the best in the world...

how do you quantify 'quality of care'? for me it isnt that 3 rich billionaires get a foot massage whilst they recover from a gall bladder operation... its about the general quality of care for the populace of an entire nation... and in this instance your country comes last.

heres a sick experiment.
    i.e. take 100 people in the US who earn less than $15000 per year and give them a variety of health problems, ranging from Cancer right down to Asthma, Pneumonia, etc....

and then take 100 people from any modern European country who earn less than the $15000 per year as well... give them the same diseases...

the result will be that all 100 of those people in the Eiro country will be seen, treated, perhaps cured, perhaps not... but they will be seen regardless of their wealth.

The 100 US people might not even get seen... if they do they will not receive the best QUALITY OF CARE... as they simply cannot afford it.

and for that simple reason.. the US doesnt not offer the best quality of care in the world.. far from it.

That's just about right they'll have to end up ging to a clinic and the care there might not as good.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I'm at work and am playing online while I eat lunch, so I don't have time right now to go into the reasons behind the protests, but to quickly answer the OP's question: Is this a racial protest, I just have to shake my head in disbelief. This protest had absolutely nothing to do with race. Where did you even come up with that idea? Oh yeah, it's standard fallback tactics for whenever someone on the left has no valid argument or reasoning left to debate.

Where black people told to stay home and not to come out for this? No of course not. Were they threatened when they showed up and made to leave? Nope to that as well. Race had absolutely nothing to do with this, the fact that very few black protesters showed up in no way makes this a racial protest. The single contributing factor to the low black turnout probably had more to do with the fact that the majority of black folks are Democrats.

But just to prove that it wasn't a racial protest I submit evidence A & B:
    Protester.jpg
    Protester2.jpg
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    edited September 2009
    Im so sick and tired of the left playing the race card. Now we have Jimmy Carter spouting the same crap.So if J.Jackson, Alen Keys or any other prominent black I mean African American :oops: disagreed with Bush are they being racist ? What about all the people that didn't agree with everything that Obama said on the campaign trail,but still voted for him ? Are they racist to ? Even Obama himself said he doesn't think people are being racist when they disagree with him.
    Post edited by WaveCameCrashin on
  • Options
    I don't think that the people are there out of race. The thing with these protests is that it's just a melting pot of crazy. Tea Parties have become the vocal outlets for birthers, death panels, and other fringe movements. It's not universally about spending. If the group was only focused on spending, I think they'd be making a valid point (except that they didn't care to do this when Bush was on a spending spree, which makes this look partisan only) if they just stuck to spending. However, you get guys like the guy from AC360 the other night turning it into "Obama is acting like a Indonesian muslim", and you are totally off point.

Spending is out of control. If didn't happen on January 20th, 2009. It's been going on for many, many, many years. Obama is not pissing on the Constitution because he thinks every American should be able to see a doctor if they are sick. Where were these people with their pocket constitutions when Habeus Corpus was eliminated?

Stick to spending. Distance yourself from the crazies, and maybe you'll just get your point across.
  • Options
    Yeah but look How much more this administration has spent in just 9 months and the dems have been in control for a what like 6 years and
    I witnessed several protesters saying that it had to do with spending from both admin. and so on. sure there are some nuts out there ,but there were nuts when people were protesting the war also. I just think it's funny how alot of the people on the left were saying that these people would just fade away after their first protest and now look how many people there are.
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:
    Yeah but look How much more this administration has spent in just 9 months and the dems have been in control for a what like 6 years and
    I witnessed several protesters saying that it had to do with spending from both admin. and so on. sure there are some nuts out there ,but there were nuts when people were protesting the war also. I just think it's funny how alot of the people on the left were saying that these people would just fade away after their first protest and now look how many people there are.

The proposed chunk of health care expansion that isn't covered by buts or tax increases on the rich over ten years ($30 billion) is what we spend in Iraq in four months! I agree that the extremes like Code Pink are equally out of the loop.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    The proposed chunk of health care expansion that isn't covered by buts or tax increases on the rich over ten years ($30 billion) is what we spend in Iraq in four months! I agree that the extremes like Code Pink are equally out of the loop.
    There is the correlation...
    The Tea Party People are to the Consevatives in America... as Code Pink is to the War Protestors.
    Thanx!!!
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    prfctlefts wrote:

six years, huh...? lot's of dem spending...?

Yeah, 2006 was 6 years ago...and I guess bushy and company were spendthrifts... :lol:
  • Options
    evenflow wrote:
    I'm at work and am playing online while I eat lunch, so I don't have time right now to go into the reasons behind the protests, but to quickly answer the OP's question: Is this a racial protest, I just have to shake my head in disbelief. This protest had absolutely nothing to do with race. Where did you even come up with that idea? Oh yeah, it's standard fallback tactics for whenever someone on the left has no valid argument or reasoning left to debate.

Where black people told to stay home and not to come out for this? No of course not. Were they threatened when they showed up and made to leave? Nope to that as well. Race had absolutely nothing to do with this, the fact that very few black protesters showed up in no way makes this a racial protest. The single contributing factor to the low black turnout probably had more to do with the fact that the majority of black folks are Democrats.

Protester.jpg
    Protester2.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42406957@N04/3913627212/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/42406957@N ... otostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/42406957@N04/3912799977/

yup, nothing to do with race...
  • Options
    So one lady's sign makes the whole million other people there racist?

Besides, I don't think her sign is that racist, he is African isn't he, and he does lie ;)
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    evenflow wrote:

Besides, I don't think her sign is that racist, he is African isn't he, and he does lie ;)

I'd say he proved his point just as well as you posting two photos of African Americans to show that it wasn't racist.
  • Options
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    evenflow wrote:

he's African...?
    I'd say he proved his point just as well as you posting two photos of African Americans to show that it wasn't racist.

someone gets it... :D
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:
    Im so sick and tired of the left playing the race card. Now we have Jimmy Carter spouting the same crap.

It's really sad what Jimmy Carter has become. He's embarrasing to listen to most of the time.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Ok...

#1) Makes no sense to me either
    #2) Pretty stupid since Pelosi can't get anything done anyhow
    #3) Actually, that's a pretty funny sign...certainly not a big deal just a little caricature humor, imo.
    #4) I'm not sure the majority of Americans are for his Health plan, it could be a valid sign...I do know it has nothing to do with voting him into office, and I'm sure you can understand that.
    #5) This is the worst 1...Wilson was an asshat in that moment.

As to the sign about the cleveland zoo...not as racist as I was expecting!!! ;) I especially like the crazy little smile on the racists face.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    A lot of the Tea Party people are Lyndon LaRouche followers... or those Jerry Falwell/Pat Robertson Christian Coalition types. I think the Republicans (and Conservatives) need to distance themselves with this fringe element. They are doing more harm, than good for Conservatives... sort of like the people who supported Nader in 2000 that showed up at rallies dressed up like aliens or wearing full on Star Trek costumes. They really aren't helping the cause.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    evenflow wrote:

Protester.jpg
    Protester2.jpg

Oh yeah, it's standard fallback tactics for whenever someone on the left has no valid argument or reasoning left to debate.

Anybody that knows me on here knows that I definately am not a left, a liberal, or a democrat. You see that little curvy line with a dot under it...it's called a question mark, which means I was simply asking a question to see what people thought...especially people on the left.
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    inmytree wrote:
    jlew24asu wrote:
    inmytree wrote:

ha ha...they had 6 years...!!! 6 years in power...yet, they didn't address shit...abortion is still legal...now the whine...immigration is still an issue...suddenly joe wilson has a problem...the only time they addressed health care was to give a 15 billion subsidy to for-profit insurance...now they cry about a public option...yeah, I guess I make no sense... :roll: :lol:

of course they are going to "cry" about a public option. they don't want one. so I'm not sure why you sound so surprised that the right has a problem with it
    inmytree wrote:
    as for you comment about the bush=hitler sign...now it's my turn to say you make zero sense...

it was just a question. did you think those signs were too radical?

inmytree wrote:
    unless you think Obama's war on Healthcare is = to bushys war in Irak...

and those anti-war protests had lots of folks with signs saying "we came unarmed...for now"...

and these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42406957@N04/3913628108/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42406957@N04/3912840785/

that's class...pure class... :lol:

and I'm sure I could dig up signs from the left that are just as disgusting. you seem to think its only a problem on the right :?

no, sir...it's not a right or left problem...it's crazy fucker problem...seriously, how many signs implied violence toward bush...? was the nazi thing a bit much..? sure...I'll give you that...but for me, the racial undertones and blatant racist signs are over the top...idiots are bring guns to a healthcare rally...morons are implying the next time the show up they will be armed...

hey, if your seeing these protests as equal...so be it...I don't...

I marched in that protest...it was the largest protest in history 1.5 million to 2 million people were in that protest...I did not see one racist sign!...what the Hell are you talking about...we were not just protesting health care but our freedom! We do not want goverment controll of the airways or internet, we do not want the president to have his own private army , we do not want advisors in the white house that only answer to the president. We do not want a president that apologizes for America....America helps just about everyone that ask for help...What freaken country ever help us ...Americans are good people. We marched for you!
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Another thing. There were black people in the march there were also black speakers. When you refer to the racist bringing guns to the protest...did you happen to see that some of those people you called racist were black Americans with there guns!
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    A lot of the Tea Party people are Lyndon LaRouche followers... or those Jerry Falwell/Pat Robertson Christian Coalition types. I think the Republicans (and Conservatives) need to distance themselves with this fringe element. They are doing more harm, than good for Conservatives... sort of like the people who supported Nader in 2000 that showed up at rallies dressed up like aliens or wearing full on Star Trek costumes. They really aren't helping the cause.
    You do NOT know what you are talking about.....buy the way for those of you that don't know. There was not one arrest at that march and there was no litter left on the lawn.....we are not crazy...you are just not used to people that love there country, people that believe in ethics and good morals...yes there are some left, in fact there are millions.....we marched for you! and your Freedoms!
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    You do NOT know what you are talking about.....buy the way for those of you that don't know. There was not one arrest at that march and there was no litter left on the lawn.....we are not crazy...you are just not used to people that love there country, people that believe in ethics and good morals...yes there are some left, in fact there are millions.....we marched for you! and your Freedoms!

I was there and watched this march some acted cival and some did not. I'm surprised they were not more people down on the Mall, cause this was the right first march in many many years. So are you saying that you love your country more than the rest of us?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    aerial wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

I was there and watched this march some acted cival and some did not. I'm surprised they were not more people down on the Mall, cause this was the right first march in many many years. So are you saying that you love your country more than the rest of us?

Peace
    I saw no uncivilized behavior. In fact everyone I met was very friendly. It was a great experience. It was history. It was peaceful. And it was ignored or made into something it was not, racist and hateful .
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    aerial wrote:

Peace
    I saw no uncivilized behavior. In fact everyone I met was very friendly. It was a great experience. It was history. It was peaceful. And it was ignored or made into something it was not, racist and hateful .

In fact every march everyone can't be everywhere to see everything. The same could be said about the many anti-war peace marches in the past. Before this administration is through they will quite a few more marches I'm sure and I hope they'll continue to be civil as you say.

Peace

• Options
    aerial wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

Remember when an Iraqi threw a shoe at Bush and it was a big joke....shame,shame,shame.
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    So, this is you? (Thanx to SmellyMan for this video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y

You're not crazy... i never said that (if I did, please, point it out to me and i will apologise). I just believe you are either mis-informed, uninformed or just plain ignorant to what the issues at hand are.
    All of the comments the interviewer said are verifiable.
    And thanx for picking up after yourself.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    aerial wrote:

You're not crazy... i never said that (if I did, please, point it out to me and i will apologise). I just believe you are either mis-informed, uninformed or just plain ignorant to what the issues at hand are.

You're not crazy you're just ignorant.......typical liberal quote when somebody doesn't agree with them. Are these arguements and name callings really going to get this country anywhere?
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    aerial wrote:

You're not crazy you're just ignorant.......typical liberal quote when somebody doesn't agree with them. Are these arguements and name callings really going to get this country anywhere?

It's obious this reporter was nit picking who he talked to, anybody could make any protests look stupid if they wanted too. Just another example of how the liberals operate. I goota say cosmo, I thought you would know something like that.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    aerial wrote:

"Typical Liberal"... that one statement tells me a lot about you.
    I don't agree with you because your arguement points are basically pulled out of your ass, instead of based upon factual data to support it. If you can provide me with reasoned, VALID points, i will concede your arguement. When it is 'just your opinion' it's simple a verbal fart that is not worth taking seriously.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    aerial wrote:

Name callings, where did he call you a name?

Peace