Options

Is this a racial protests?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    aerial wrote:
    I guess I should not assume all posters are Americans. Sorry. Most Americans love there Freedom. Freedom is what I espouse!

this kind of shit makes me genuinely laugh. :lol:

Well exactly... they claim they stand for "freedom" until it's a freedom they don't want.. then they fight against it.

Like he freedom to marry the person you want to marry.. or the freedom to breathe air that isn't poison.. freedom of religion.. those are things they rally against. Bu freedom from a wide variety of choices for health care providers? Sign them UP, Mary.
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    Jasunmark wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    aerial wrote:
    I guess I should not assume all posters are Americans. Sorry. Most Americans love there Freedom. Freedom is what I espouse!

Well exactly... they claim they stand for "freedom" until it's a freedom they don't want.. then they fight against it.

Like he freedom to marry the person you want to marry.. or the freedom to breathe air that isn't poison.. freedom of religion.. those are things they rally against. Bu freedom from a wide variety of choices for health care providers? Sign them UP, Mary.

Freedom means I can choose what I want. If I have to have to purchase government health care thats not freedom. Read the bill dude. Let's see how much you laugh when you are made to pay for insurance you don't want and if you don't buy it you will be fined..as the bill stands now.
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Do you feel the same about care insurance aerial?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    Freedom means I can choose what I want. If I have to have to purchase government health care thats not freedom. Read the bill dude. Let's see how much you laugh when you are made to pay for insurance you don't want and if you don't buy it you will be fined..as the bill stands now.

Well and this is more proof you're just believing he crap you're being fed by he Glenn Becks of the world.. because there IS no "bill as it stands now." :lol:

See there's no final version.. there is no "one version." At this point they're still coming up with suggestions, drafts, input and ideas. There's lots of drafts and versions of the bill.. there there is no "as the bill stands now."

So you're full of crap.

There's nothing in "the bill" that says I'll be fined if I don't pay for insurance I don't want, nobody is saying that I "have to purchase government health care." There's a majority who want a "public option" which is what it sounds like.. an OPTION.. which means "choice." Which means I can choose to buy or it or choose not to.

For the record there's also not a single person saying that there will be no chronic care after the age of 40.. there's nobody who wants to limit hip replacements to those under 55.

Oh, there will also not be a "death panel."

OK... I think we're done here.

If there was a rational argument against health care reform, we would have heard it by now. All we have is "death panels" or "pull the plug on Gramma" or "you'll get fined if you don't buy the government plan" or "get your government hands off my medicare."

And I'm done arguing with the dining room table.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,185
    dunkman wrote:
    aerial wrote:

it makes me laugh too. i don't think that most americans think about their freedom every day. we just move on with our lives and eat our freedom fries and drink our freedom juice..
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    There's no way in hell black people will ever protest Obama for anything isn't it obvious
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    What is this protests really about?? Try to find one colored person....there isn't one. I can't help but wonder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtdzSTfe4W8

There is no way black people will ever protest Obama for anything isn't that obvious. I mean come on people protest President Busch you never heard complaints. Protest a decision by President Obama and it's racist please. So should white people not challenge anything Obama does because they don't want people like you and Jeneane Gerofolo (that's not good company) to call them racist. If there are black people protesting a white president is that racist? No. So neither is this. A lot of people just don't like what he is doing. People only seem to O.K protesters when they protest what they want...........
  • Options
    There's no way in hell black people will ever protest Obama for anything isn't it obvious
    i very very seriously doubt this. there are some things he can do that would get him called an uncle tom very quickly.

if he continues many of bush's policies i can guarantee not only african americans, but americans of all ethnicities will protest him. just give it time. its only been 9 frickin months....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    edited September 2009

NOW this here is one of the MOST foolish thing I've heard here on The Moving Train. I know I've said here I'll protest Obama in a heartbeat if this war; check that those wars continue in the Middle East. Especially with the possibility of another with Iran and now with a change of mind with the closing of Guantanamo by the 1st of 2010.

Trust me there's plenty of African Americans/black people here in DC and other Americans willing to protest and disagree with many of his policies just that time is ticking and we shall see within next year. Wake the fuck up and check what you say here.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    i very very seriously doubt this. there are some things he can do that would get him called an uncle tom very quickly.

if he continues many of bush's policies i can guarantee not only african americans, but americans of all ethnicities will protest him. just give it time. its only been 9 frickin months....

Damn I didn't even see what you posted here I just read the quote a few posts up and jumped right in.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:

Damn I didn't even see what you posted here I just read the quote a few posts up and jumped right in.

Peace
    haha its cool dude...sometimes i do that as well....

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    There is no way black people will ever protest Obama for anything isn't that obvious. I mean come on people protest President Busch you never heard complaints. Protest a decision by President Obama and it's racist please. So should white people not challenge anything Obama does because they don't want people like you and Jeneane Gerofolo (that's not good company) to call them racist. If there are black people protesting a white president is that racist? No. So neither is this. A lot of people just don't like what he is doing. People only seem to O.K protesters when they protest what they want...........
    The way I see it... who gives a shit, really? I mean, if they call you a 'racist' and you know you aren't... who gives a shit what they think?
    If you are upset because they call you a racist... because you actually are a racist... well, then that's a completely different thing.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Jasunmark wrote:
    aerial wrote:

Well and this is more proof you're just believing he crap you're being fed by he Glenn Becks of the world.. because there IS no "bill as it stands now." :lol:

See there's no final version.. there is no "one version." At this point they're still coming up with suggestions, drafts, input and ideas. There's lots of drafts and versions of the bill.. there there is no "as the bill stands now."

So you're full of crap.

There's nothing in "the bill" that says I'll be fined if I don't pay for insurance I don't want, nobody is saying that I "have to purchase government health care." There's a majority who want a "public option" which is what it sounds like.. an OPTION.. which means "choice." Which means I can choose to buy or it or choose not to.

For the record there's also not a single person saying that there will be no chronic care after the age of 40.. there's nobody who wants to limit hip replacements to those under 55.

Oh, there will also not be a "death panel."

OK... I think we're done here.

If there was a rational argument against health care reform, we would have heard it by now. All we have is "death panels" or "pull the plug on Gramma" or "you'll get fined if you don't buy the government plan" or "get your government hands off my medicare."

And I'm done arguing with the dining room table.

Please excuse me I must have "miscalibrated my words". It was written as a idea, input, or draft.

For the record it was Barack Hussein Obama who made the statement that they are not going to "pull the plug on Grandma". You qoute that as if the protesters said this. The problem is we are scared they won't plug her in in the first place according to the "ideas" now.

The pro health care bill commercial they run now says ....With the health care bill you will get the best care possible. Now if they don’t have the money to cover there “ideas” how much health care will be possible?
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    For the record it was Barack Hussein Obama who made the statement that they are not going to "pull the plug on Grandma".

No it wasn't. It was Chuck Grassley saying that "you have every right to fear." He was furthering the rumor that the government was going to decide it was time to stop treating people. Even he has admitted since then that he was full of crap when he said that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xVamHocZk

The pro health care bill commercial they run now says ....With the health care bill you will get the best care possible. Now if they don’t have the money to cover there “ideas” how much health care will be possible?

Um.. again, what are you on about? At the moment if you can't afford he high rates of insurance companies, you don't get any health care at all. You can't really be this clued-out.
  • Options

I assume you mean car insurance...if so yes...I don't think I should be forced to have it....
  • Options
    aerial wrote:

I assume you mean car insurance...if so yes...I don't think I should be forced to have it....
    so if someone without car insurance hits you, totals your car and injures you permanently they should not have to pay for your health care and fix your car? is that what you are saying? because that is why you are required to have car insurance. it is to protect everyone else from you crashing into them, wrecking their car and injuring them. you can't even get a license plate for your car without proof of insurance.

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    aerial wrote:

so if someone without car insurance hits you, totals your car and injures you permanently they should not have to pay for your health care and fix your car? is that what you are saying? because that is why you are required to have car insurance. it is to protect everyone else from you crashing into them, wrecking their car and injuring them. you can't even get a license plate for your car without proof of insurance.

I'm on her side here. Mandatory car insurance is bullshit. If they wanted protection from that, they can buy insurance to protect them from getting hit. You're worried about getting nailed by another car, you can buy insurance to cover you getting hit by a car. I don't know how insurnace companies managed to somehow convince the public that you should buy insurance for other people from your own behavior. That's kinda antithetical to the whole concept of insurance... that it protects you from things outside your control... like getting hit by some jackass in a car. Besides, the people that are going to douche out after hitting you are the kind of people that aren't going to bother getting insurance in the first place.
  • Options
    aerial wrote:

Yes I meant car insurance, and fair enough!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    aerial wrote:

you're free not purchase gov't health insurance or pay a fine...you see, you have a choice...just like you're free to pay taxes or not...and free to follow the law or not...you're free to move to the non-government paradise of Somalia...there you you can do as you please...have fun...

you see, it's simple...
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    inmytree wrote:
    aerial wrote:

you're free not purchase gov't health insurance or pay a fine...you see, you have a choice...just like you're free to pay taxes or not...and free to follow the law or not...you're free to move to the non-government paradise of Somalia...there you you can do as you please...have fun...

you see, it's simple...

Somalia huh, i'm there, later dudes.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    aerial wrote:

you see, it's simple...
    did you just say, in a coded way, to "love it or leave it"?

because it would be really funny if you did :D