Options

Request: Setting Sun in Manchester in memory of my Big Brother

Batty Cat WomanBatty Cat Woman Preesall, Lancashire UK Posts: 13
edited May 24 in The Porch
I am seeing you for the 1st and probably the last time in Manchester UK (sectio 112). The day I got the message from 10C saying I'd won tickets I cried (and panicked), then 2hrs later I got a call that broke my heart and made me cry again... my big brother Nicky had died. What to do... what do you do ... cry..hide... become haunted. Now Nicky won't like me telling you this, he hated anyone knowing what we suffered. My Father tortured, raped, abused us... that's how I found you PJ, you saved me... Daughter made me feel less alone. Nicky was never saved, he carried that torture. He would have taken his own life if it wasn't for our amazing Mum. The past caused him PTSD which lead to Epilepsy (2 types) which led to many medical issues. He refused to release the past. Eventually he had a heart attack 4wks before his 60th Birthday.  The Universe took my brother, but gave me PJ tickets... would I trade that? Of course I would, but he wouldn't want to come back.Then I heard Setting Sun... everyday I watch the sunset and sing "If you could see what I see now, You'd find a way to stay somehow " and I sob.
I know there will be tears for me at the show, but if you could see your way to give some love out to my Big Brother Nicky who tried all his life to protect us from evil and blamed himself for so much...just a little  love for him. He didn't fail me...it wasn't him that failed us. I miss him.
Thank you Pearl Jam, thank you for helping me survive and now helping me to grieve.
Claire 
Post edited by Batty Cat Woman on

Comments

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    This is beautifully written, I'm so sorry for your loss Claire.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    So very sorry...stay strong
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,194
    I am seeing you for the 1st and probably the last time in Manchester UK (sectio 112). The day I got the message from 10C saying I'd won tickets I cried (and panicked), then 2hrs later I got a call that broke my heart and made me cry again... my big brother Nicky had died. What to do... what do you do ... cry..hide... become haunted. Now Nicky won't like me telling you this, he hated anyone knowing what we suffered. My Father tortured, raped, abused us... that's how I found you PJ, you saved me... Daughter made me feel less alone. Nicky was never saved, he carried that torture. He would have taken his own life if it wasn't for our amazing Mum. The past caused him PTSD which lead to Epilepsy (2 types) which led to many medical issues. He refused to release the past. Eventually he had a heart attack 4wks before his 60th Birthday.  The Universe took my brother, but gave me PJ tickets... would I trade that? Of course I would, but he wouldn't want to come back.Then I heard Setting Sun... everyday I watch the sunset and sing "If you could see what I see now, You'd find a way to stay somehow " and I sob.
    I know there will be tears for me at the show, but if you could see your way to give some love out to my Big Brother Nicky who tried all his life to protect us from evil and blamed himself for so much...just a little  love for him. He didn't fail me...it wasn't him that failed us. I miss him.
    Thank you Pearl Jam, thank you for helping me survive and now helping me to grieve.
    Claire 
    Very sorry for your loss.  Lost my brother almost a year ago at the age of 51.  It is still hard almost every day.  The music helps.  

Celebrate his life and yours at PJ.  Take care
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    edited May 24

I'm so sorry for what you've gone through and continue to go through. Thank you for sharing your grief with us. I'll be at Manchester w/ my wife and hope to hear a shout out for Nicky. 

@Sea @Kat - I know you don't take requests & whatnot, but maybe you know someone who does......
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Thank you my amazing PJ family. Always beautiful, caring folks. 💜💙. 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,310
    Sending all the love. I hope they hear your request for Nicky 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,791
    Let's hope this gets to where it needs to be
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Happy Sunday bump
  • Options
    @Merkin Baller If you wonder about I have got blue and purple hair! Can't miss me. I have made Dark Matter bracelets to take if you want one
  • Options
    @Merkin Baller If you wonder about I have got blue and purple hair! Can't miss me. I have made Dark Matter bracelets to take if you want one
    Will keep an eye out & say hello if we see you! 
    We’ll be over from the states, working in a couple shows around seeing family. 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,949
    fingers crossed they keep the setlists similar to the states tour

Its closed pretty much every show, and I sure hope we get it at Manchester for you
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 548
    Yeah hope they keep it as a closer across Europe and beyond.
  • Options
    Thanks folks. There are so many songs that mean so much to many of us. I hope we all get what we hope for. 🫶🏻🫶🏻
  • Options
    Oh my goodness only 20 more sleeps...
    "Give me the beat boys and free my soul 
    I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away"
  • Options
    WreckageWreckage England Posts: 55
    Sorry for your loss.  Hope you get it, and hope you find some semblance of peace.
  • Options
    @Wreckage thank you 💙💜
  • Options
    WreckageWreckage England Posts: 55
    Bumpity bump.
  • Options
    @Wreckage thank you ❤️
  • Options
    This is going to be such an emotional roller coaster for so many of us. There is a week to go and my heart is already beating out of my chest. I played Brother the Cloud to my Mum and she fell apart. 
  • Options
    Only 3 more sleeps. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else here going to Sound of Seattle pre and post party in Manchester? It's a charity fund raiser at Hard Rock Cafe
  • Options
    I keep commenting on my own post! 
    OMFG we are seeing Pearl Jam tomorrow! Part of me feels like I traded my brother for PJ tickets. My heart is broken, my anxiety is through the roof.
  • Options
    It will be a healing experience Sister..take him with you in your heart 
  • Options
    @deb1211 🫶🏻
  • Options
    One more sleep folks… my wife & I hit the train from Liverpool to Manchester mid-day - hope we can rival the energy from Dublin on Saturday… the band was in great form, I’m looking forward to another great night! 
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 259
    Please play this for this lovely lady. Sending you my thoughts 

2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,960
    Micheyb21 said:
    Please play this for this lovely lady. Sending you my thoughts 

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,897
    Oof, for this to be the first show where they didn't play this. I feel for you, Claire.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Ed was sick so guessing he picked songs he could get his voice around. It was awesome and Given to Fly was a great trade! I was on my feet singing and dancing, but others in seated areas seemed subdued.  I was just elated EV didn't give up 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,949
    Thanks guys. Ed was sick so guessing he picked songs he could get his voice around. It was awesome and Given to Fly was a great trade! I was on my feet singing and dancing, but others in seated areas seemed subdued.  I was just elated EV didn't give up 
    Really hope we get it in London instead :)