Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    it's been 9 years since the bands been to Memphis  :scream:
    This post made me think about putting a list together of cities PJ has played in the past that they never will again.  Memphis still has a good 50/50 shot with Nashville I would say.   But with probably ten years left of touring at most, the countdown is on and fans in smaller markets shouldn’t wait for them to come to their town (most fans probably figured that out a long time ago).
    Add Long Island to the list I’m positive they will never play here again!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    guessing The Peg makes that list. :cry:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 278
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    ilockyer said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    another day another no euro announcement
    I can‘t see it being this week anymore. Too quiet. Mad Cool hasn‘t even started their social media campaign yet.

Don‘t know what Werchter is doing. Starting to sell tickets for a day with no bands seems weird.
    IF they are playing Werchter the annoucement is either this thursday or this friday (its the day the tickets start getting sold)

i think next week is the deadline (maximum dec 15th) NOS Alive and Mad Cool always have their headliners at least announced before x-mas in order to sell more tickets, also mad cool not saying a word so far is normal  , they fucked up a couple years ago with green day and a couple other bands when they started giving major hints without permission from the bands (green day are said to never play there again), so now they just announce everything at once.
    The Euro tour announcement will need to be this week if they want to continue the tradition of making us all skint for Christmas. 
    Announcement this week gives them a week or more for the 10c "lottery" before general sales, which I don't see being any later than 15 December unless they kick it back to next year. 
    There is time.

2020:
    Announcement Monday, 2 December
    Public Sale Saturday, 7 December

2018:
    Announcement Friday, 1 December
    Public Sale Friday, 8 December

2014:
    Announcement Friday, 13 December
    Public Sale Friday, 20 December

I assume this year‘s public sale is 15 December the latest, as 22 December is too close to Christmas. So even with 10c ticket sale, they could announce up until 11 December.
    EXCELENT POST!

so we have until dec 11 to wait
    If werchter is this friday, if not between 4 and 11 dec.
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    on2legs said:
    Nashville was lit indeed.
    Yes indeed it was. And being on a friday helped too. Was a great night. I remember Ed complimenting and thanking the crowd for being there early to catch Josh open too.
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Yes indeed it was. And being on a friday helped too. Was a great night. I remember Ed complimenting and thanking the crowd for being there early to catch Josh open too.
    The entertainment at a local pregame establishment was so good I almost bailed on the PJ show.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278
    on2legs said:
    The entertainment at a local pregame establishment was so good I almost bailed on the PJ show.  
    Really? I must have missed it
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Is there anything substantial to these Euro tour rumours or is it just wishful thinking? Apologies if I missed anything earlier in this thread, need to prepare my credit card to get absolutely battered 🙈
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    Is there anything substantial to these Euro tour rumours or is it just wishful thinking? Apologies if I missed anything earlier in this thread, need to prepare my credit card to get absolutely battered 🙈
    Seems to be legit although some debate around dates 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    pretty much this. there are legit rumours, everyone just waiting for the official annoucement which hopefully will be at maximum until dec 15th
  • Options
    GianGiovi94GianGiovi94 Italy Posts: 74
    just_one said:
    pretty much this. there are legit rumours, everyone just waiting for the official annoucement which hopefully will be at maximum until dec 15th
    Any news about the location of the second italian date? Thank u.
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • Options
    just_one said:
    no rumours pretty much have dried down
  • Options
    just_one said:
    just_one said:
    no rumours pretty much have dried down
    thank you
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • Options
    This post made me think about putting a list together of cities PJ has played in the past that they never will again.  Memphis still has a good 50/50 shot with Nashville I would say.   But with probably ten years left of touring at most, the countdown is on and fans in smaller markets shouldn’t wait for them to come to their town (most fans probably figured that out a long time ago).

Helsinki may never happen again due to the largest venue there still being under Russian ownership 🤷‍♂️
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 316

Helsinki may never happen again due to the largest venue there still being under Russian ownership 🤷‍♂️
    There's still hope. New sanctions may offer a chance to get rid of the Russian owners. And I read somewhere that a couple of old Finnish NHL players are involved in planning and building a new multi-purpose arena in Helsinki...there's hope...there's still hope...
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563
    Moline will never happen again. But it was awesome. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Frankman77Frankman77 Holland Posts: 6
    Rock Werchter just dropped 11 new names. No PJ. Not yet, at least. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Presale confirmed for tomorrow.

if the presale is tomorrow and if PJ are playing werchter they have to be announced tomorrow right?

Also there are NO bands for jul 4th and its the only date without any headliner.

come on PJ!!!
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    JABK said:

There's still hope. New sanctions may offer a chance to get rid of the Russian owners. And I read somewhere that a couple of old Finnish NHL players are involved in planning and building a new multi-purpose arena in Helsinki...there's hope...there's still hope...
    Well, in the meantime there's a shiny new arena here in Tampere, just a short train ride away from Helsinki. Welcome.

And speaking of venues here, someone has booked the stadium for concerts next summer, not yet announced. One around midsummer, and one at the end of July. Don't know who those are, but they are visible if you look at the city sporting places calendar. Don't have a feeling that this would be PJ, but will be interesting to see who. The venue is quite smallish for a stadium, about 25-30k capacity.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    edited November 2023
    mrk2 said:

Well, in the meantime there's a shiny new arena here in Tampere, just a short train ride away from Helsinki. Welcome.

And speaking of venues here, someone has booked the stadium for concerts next summer, not yet announced. One around midsummer, and one at the end of July. 
    AC/DC and FF maybe? 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,172
    just_one said:

if the presale is tomorrow and if PJ are playing werchter they have to be announced tomorrow right?
    My guess is PJ aren’t playing Werchter…. I don’t think it was ever on the more strongly rumoured lists (which included Dublin, Manchester, Barcelona etc). I think people were just assuming they were playing Werchter as historically they’ve always played there.  

My instinct is this Euro tour could be an arena / outdoor headline show tour with minimal festivals. Great in terms of setlists and fan experience, though the downside would be there’s no rush to announce it….
  • Options
    drfox said:
    just_one said:

My guess is PJ aren’t playing Werchter…. I don’t think it was ever on the more strongly rumoured lists (which included Dublin, Manchester, Barcelona etc). I think people were just assuming they were playing Werchter as historically they’ve always played there.  

My instinct is this Euro tour could be an arena / outdoor headline show tour with minimal festivals. Great in terms of setlists and fan experience, though the downside would be there’s no rush to announce it….
    as far as rumours go , there were only 3 festivals , Werchter , Mad Cool in Madrid and NOS Alive in Lisbon
  • Options
    just_one said:
    drfox said:
    just_one said:

as far as rumours go , there were only 3 festivals , Werchter , Mad Cool in Madrid and NOS Alive in Lisbon
    Firenze Rocks too
  • Options
    just_one said:
    drfox said:
    just_one said:

Firenze Rocks too
    yeah! That also, forgot that one! Good call
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    raindog80 said:
    mrk2 said:

And speaking of venues here, someone has booked the stadium for concerts next summer, not yet announced. One around midsummer, and one at the end of July. 
    AC/DC and FF maybe? 
    Pretty sure AC/DC is one of them. FF schedule does not seem to match.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    just_one said:
    just_one said:
    drfox said:
    just_one said:

Firenze Rocks too
    yeah! That also, forgot that one! Good call
    I hope they'll play less possible at festival. I hate big area and the setlists are mostly the same...
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 357
    Haven’t seen any facts that support this rumors.
    I belive this is all based on past history, logic, date engineering and wishful thinking…

Some will end up right on spot but most…
  • Options
    Jamer196 said:
    I belive this is all based on past history, logic, date engineering and wishful thinking…

thats why they are rumours , if there were facts they werent rumours
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 316
    mrk2 said:
    raindog80 said:
    mrk2 said:

AC/DC and FF maybe? 
    Pretty sure AC/DC is one of them. FF schedule does not seem to match.
    Yep...and Roskilde is the only Scandinavian FF-date so it's not FF. I'll eat my hat if PJ comes to the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki...hell, I'll eat all my hats!
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 357
    edited November 2023
    just_one said:
    Jamer196 said:

Rumors have to be based on something not just because I dreamed of it ...
    Radio teaser, someone slipped on talked to much,- dimitri gave a hint, etc etc
    Post edited by Jamer196 on
  • Options
    Jamer196 said:
    just_one said:
    Jamer196 said:

Rumors have to be based on something not just because I dreamed of it ...
    Radio teaser, someone slipped on talked to much,- dimitri gave a hint, etc etc
    Facemeltor has been reliable in the last US tour
This discussion has been closed.