Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    pjl44 said:
    If they play Jazzfest, and depending on which weekend, I would almost for certain say they finally play Shaky Knees.
    This is exactly what I think will happen.  They'll play about a dozen arena dates in late March/early April throughout Midwest and east coast.  Then in May around the rescheduled Indy show they play a bunch of these rock festivals that are taking place.  Jazz fest, shakey knees, sonic temple, hangout, welcome to Rockville, Boston calling, bottle rock, could all be possibilities. 
    Went to Boston Calling for the first time this year, and I'll never be back. I'm hoping it was an off year, but just terrible all around. One of the main stages had great audio, while the other was terrible. QOTSA would fade in and out. Couldn't hear Alanis at all, and I was about 250 feet from the stage. Packed waaaay too many people into that area. Love Boston though.
    Believe it or not this year was actually an improvement over two I had been to at the new site. It is not a well executed festival.
    Wow. I'd love for them to play Shaky Knees, as I'm going to be there anyways. And its just a really well done fest. Great location, food, drinks, bands, etc. 
    I've heard great things about Shaky Knees but haven't been. Post-covid especially I've just seen too many festival shitshows. A headlining show is just so much more of a tried and true experience.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    Please no Shaky Knees.  Atlanta deserves a non festival show(s). 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Even with a well-run festival you need to either be into other bands or delighted with the overall experience. Because the table stakes are some combo of higher ticket prices, shorter sets, larger crowds, dodgy sound, more difficult in/out, etc.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    That's in the middle of June and all indications are that they'll be in Europe around that time.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    pjl44 said:
    Even with a well-run festival you need to either be into other bands or delighted with the overall experience. Because the table stakes are some combo of higher ticket prices, shorter sets, larger crowds, dodgy sound, more difficult in/out, etc.
    I paid $300 for the VIP in Louisville that put you down front. When you consider that a regular Pearl Jam show is now $160, it wasn't the worst idea or experience ever. I also like Cold War Kids, so that helped. 
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    pjl44 said:
    Definitely. I've definitely discovered bands through the years at SK. I'll stop talking about SK now. 
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I paid $300 for the VIP in Louisville that put you down front. When you consider that a regular Pearl Jam show is now $160, it wasn't the worst idea or experience ever. I also like Cold War Kids, so that helped. 
    That's good. In that scenario the lineup and/or amenities have some ground to cover for me if I'm gonna pay almost double the price of a headline show.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    tino_11 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Alright, heres a pretty good rumour roundup for those of you just joining: 

SPRING US TOUR: 
    Madison, WI (recent radio rumour, PJ had a hold on Kohl's Center in Madison in 2020..) 
    Indianapolis, IN (basically confirmed...) 
    Jazzfest New Orleans, LA(?) (wild speculation, brought up by many members. Won't know until Lineup comes out in Dec/January. They did it in 2016 and Jazzfest is at 8 days next year. The band has a good relationship with the producers/Team Gleason.....) 
    ???

SUMMER EUROPEAN (all rumours speculated by people who may or may not have reliable sources): 
    London
    Manchester 
    Dublin 
    NOS Alive Fest, Portugal 
    ???

FALL: 
    West Coast ??? 
    ???
    Is it London AND Manchester
    or
    London OR Manchester 

Rumour from a festival forum was one night Manchester and two in London. 
    Dublin on June 22, Manchester June 29, and London in between?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    CopperTom said:
    tino_11 said:
    CopperTom said:

SPRING US TOUR: 
    Madison, WI (recent radio rumour, PJ had a hold on Kohl's Center in Madison in 2020..) 
    Jazzfest New Orleans, LA(?) (wild speculation, brought up by many members. Won't know until Lineup comes out in Dec/January. They did it in 2016 and Jazzfest is at 8 days next year. The band has a good relationship with the producers/Team Gleason.....) 
    ???

SUMMER EUROPEAN (all rumours speculated by people who may or may not have reliable sources): 
    London
    Manchester 
    Dublin 
    NOS Alive Fest, Portugal 
    ???

FALL: 
    West Coast ??? 
    ???
    or
    London OR Manchester 

27 and 29 is the rumour London date
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    just_one said:
    CopperTom said:
    tino_11 said:
    CopperTom said:

SPRING US TOUR: 
    ???

London
    Manchester 
    Dublin 
    NOS Alive Fest, Portugal 
    ???

FALL: 
    West Coast ??? 
    ???
    or
    London OR Manchester 

That would be perfect!
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,752
    CopperTom said:
    just_one said:
    CopperTom said:
    tino_11 said:
    CopperTom said:

SPRING US TOUR: 
    ???

London
    Manchester 
    Dublin 
    NOS Alive Fest, Portugal 
    ???

FALL: 
    West Coast ??? 
    ???
    or
    London OR Manchester 

That would be perfect!
    With taylor swift the next day in Dublin, will be a busy weekend for me
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Honestly, I think it's waaaaay too early to even think about a year from now.

With that said, Australia/NZ is due...as is South America...so why not hit both in 2025?

This is total 100% spitball:
    2025: Big Day Out in the early part of the year and South America up to Mexico City in November? June/July could be Eddie solo in Europe or the whole band...or even a mix.
    Big Day Out is not even a thing anymore. Hasn’t been since PJ last played here in Oz in 2014. There are no festivals big enough in my opinion to run PJ as a headliner in Australia anymore. They’d have to play their own shows. 

Well, that sucks.

Sidenote: I wonder if that could (partially?) explain the absence of the band. No large festivals could mean less of an incentive to travel.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 622
    Is there a rumoured venue in Dublin?
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    aidt17 said:
    No, but it's a case of take your pick. 3 arena has free dates and all the usual outdoor venues are announcing their shows at the moment. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    aidt17 said:
    No, but it's a case of take your pick. 3 arena has free dates and all the usual outdoor venues are announcing their shows at the moment. 
    It doesn’t prove anything but Ed played at the 3 in 2019.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,024
    CopperTom said:
    just_one said:
    CopperTom said:
    tino_11 said:
    CopperTom said:

SPRING US TOUR: 
    ???

London
    Manchester 
    Dublin 
    NOS Alive Fest, Portugal 
    ???

FALL: 
    West Coast ??? 
    ???
    or
    London OR Manchester 

That would be perfect!
    25th for Manchester apparently
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 154
    So after the fall tour, where they play 2 shows a city does anyone think they’ll do that for the spring tour? It could be a new thing there ito cut down on travel costs setting up the stage etc. plus I like it for the more diverse Setlists and the less repeats, but I wonder if that’s what they’re going to do in the spring and if that’s the case I can see them doing maybe 14 shows the total? And maybe 15 with IND ? Say two in Wisconsin two in Boston maybe Philly Detroit Cleveland? I’m not really looking forward to traveling to the East Coast but going for two shows same city would be great but after the fall and only nine shows, anyone really think they’re going to do more than 15?
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    devonfz said:
    So after the fall tour, where they play 2 shows a city does anyone think they’ll do that for the spring tour? It could be a new thing there ito cut down on travel costs setting up the stage etc. plus I like it for the more diverse Setlists and the less repeats, but I wonder if that’s what they’re going to do in the spring and if that’s the case I can see them doing maybe 14 shows the total? And maybe 15 with IND ? Say two in Wisconsin two in Boston maybe Philly Detroit Cleveland? I’m not really looking forward to traveling to the East Coast but going for two shows same city would be great but after the fall and only nine shows, anyone really think they’re going to do more than 15?
    No.  They haven't done a single leg of any tour consisting of 14 or more dates since 2006!  I'd expect about 10-12 dates on any US tour leg.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    There is a long, storied tradition of 2+ night Boston runs and buddy I'm ready for another one
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,379
    Innings Festival (late February) announces its lineups tomorrow. Are there any rumors on that front?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Vegas will be made up next fall? Or has that make-up date fallen into the abyss? 
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 673
    edited November 2023
    It was an add-on show in 2022. So no real pressure to have a make-up. But it could fall in nicely if there are other shows semi near. Same as how Vegas and Sac (& Fresno) got added to the mix May 2022.
    In the end, only Fresno got added to the actual (Covid) make-up shows.

* edit: For West coast. Of course Camden got added East coast
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • Options
    MattayMattay Posts: 35
    Honestly, I think it's waaaaay too early to even think about a year from now.

With that said, Australia/NZ is due...as is South America...so why not hit both in 2025?

This is total 100% spitball:
    2025: Big Day Out in the early part of the year and South America up to Mexico City in November? June/July could be Eddie solo in Europe or the whole band...or even a mix.
    Big Day Out is not even a thing anymore. Hasn’t been since PJ last played here in Oz in 2014. There are no festivals big enough in my opinion to run PJ as a headliner in Australia anymore. They’d have to play their own shows. 

Well, that sucks.

Sidenote: I wonder if that could (partially?) explain the absence of the band. No large festivals could mean less of an incentive to travel.
    Not likely.  The 2014 BDO was the first and only time Pearl Jam played a festival here.
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 586
    edited November 2023
    CopperTom said:
    just_one said:
    CopperTom said:
    tino_11 said:
    CopperTom said:

SPRING US TOUR: 
    ???

London
    Manchester 
    Dublin 
    NOS Alive Fest, Portugal 
    ???

FALL: 
    West Coast ??? 
    ???
    or
    London OR Manchester 

That would be perfect!
    London rumour is 28/29 allegedly 
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    mikeyb107mikeyb107 Ireland Posts: 23
    aidt17 said:
    Malahide castle 
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    Apone said:
    CopperTom said:
    just_one said:
    CopperTom said:
    tino_11 said:
    CopperTom said:

SPRING US TOUR: 
    ???

London
    Manchester 
    Dublin 
    NOS Alive Fest, Portugal 
    ???

FALL: 
    West Coast ??? 
    ???
    or
    London OR Manchester 

That would be perfect!
    London rumour is 28/29 allegedly 
    Where are you getting the rumors, out of curiosity?  Sounds like dublin, Manchester and London have solid dates around the rumored shows.
  • Options
    mikeyb107 said:
    aidt17 said:
    Malahide castle 
    If the promotors had any cop, they would put them in Marlay Park as they would easily sell out Malahide with a 20k capacity
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    aidt17 said:
    Malahide castle 
    If the promotors had any cop, they would put them in Marlay Park as they would easily sell out Malahide with a 20k capacity
    How are those venues for transport to and from the city ?
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    aidt17 said:
    Malahide castle 
    How are those venues for transport to and from the city ?
    Malahide has a train service and Marlay Park has only a public bus service (i think) unless they put on shuttle busses for both but not really sure.
    Kearnsy
This discussion has been closed.