10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    MayDay10 said:
    I won this the other day

Display that one proudly.

Question?  Does anyone ever get in the HOF for defense like ozzie did?  Omar Vizquel is most likely the only one I can think of that was that good at fielding and a missing bat presence.

I am on a facebook group where a guy will have a set of autographed memoribilia... usually a set of NFL mini-helmets.  You pay $ and are randomly assigned a division.  Then when it fills up, he random number-generates which box to open, opens it, and if the team is in your division, you win.

This baseball one is a group of full-sized baseball helmets and you pick a specific team (which I normally sit out).  Ozzie Smith was listed as a possibility in the master Hit Parade set these were purchased from, the Cardinals were available, and I just bought one spot for the Cardinals.

I have these, plus another half-wall in my basement where there are about 10 others

I won this full-sized one in another online contest (a friend runs a box-pool every Bills game for a full sized auto-helmet

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I won this the other day

Question?  Does anyone ever get in the HOF for defense like ozzie did?  Omar Vizquel is most likely the only one I can think of that was that good at fielding and a missing bat presence.

I am on a facebook group where a guy will have a set of autographed memoribilia... usually a set of NFL mini-helmets.  You pay $ and are randomly assigned a division.  Then when it fills up, he random number-generates which box to open, opens it, and if the team is in your division, you win.

This baseball one is a group of full-sized baseball helmets and you pick a specific team (which I normally sit out).  Ozzie Smith was listed as a possibility in the master Hit Parade set these were purchased from, the Cardinals were available, and I just bought one spot for the Cardinals.

I have these, plus another half-wall in my basement where there are about 10 others

I won this full-sized one in another online contest (a friend runs a box-pool every Bills game for a full sized auto-helmet

I know people go crazy for those mini helmets.  I had some guys ask me about trading and they asked for them.

I ain't got a 1, lol.  They are cool just not my thing.  It's one less thing I don't have to collect because the list is really long to begin with...

If I got into bats?  Oh dear lord...

Got any old timers?  I'd like to see those if you do.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited May 2023
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I won this the other day

I know people go crazy for those mini helmets.  I had some guys ask me about trading and they asked for them.

I ain't got a 1, lol.  They are cool just not my thing.  It's one less thing I don't have to collect because the list is really long to begin with...

Yeah, the problem is, I win some, and it is someone I dont really care for and they become clutter.  Like Charlie Joiner of the Chargers.  I have a Peerless Price Bills one too.  Trubisky Bears adornes my shelf.  

So pictured there, the best one is the Lions one, it is Barry Sanders.  The Chrome Saints is Brees.  That Bucs one is Alstott.  Falcons is Mike Vick (#1 pick inscribed).  The Yellow Chargers is Antonio Gates.  The dark Chargers is Justin Herbert.  The Bills is Jim Kelly (I also have an Andre Reed).  Stan Humphries inscribed Super Bowl chargers, and an Andre Rison Super Bowl inscribed Packers.

I have also won a Don Sutton LA Dodgers auto jersey and a Eric Staal Sabres auto jersey that are still in boxes.  Loved winning them, but I dunno what to do with them.

I have a Freddie Freeman Braves full-helmet displayed as well.

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I won this the other day

Yeah, the problem is, I win some, and it is someone I dont really care for and they become clutter.  Like Charlie Joiner of the Chargers.  I have a Peerless Price Bills one too.  Trubisky Bears adornes my shelf.  

So pictured there, the best one is the Lions one, it is Barry Sanders.  The Chrome Saints is Brees.  That Bucs one is Alstott.  Falcons is Mike Vick (#1 pick inscribed).  The Yellow Chargers is Antonio Gates.  The dark Chargers is Justin Herbert.  The Bills is Jim Kelly (I also have an Andre Reed).  Stan Humphries inscribed Super Bowl chargers, and an Andre Rison Super Bowl inscribed Packers.

I have also won a Don Sutton LA Dodgers auto jersey and a Eric Staal Sabres auto jersey that are still in boxes.  Loved winning them, but I dunno what to do with them.

I have a Freddie Freeman Braves full-helmet displayed as well.

I loved Sanders and Alstott, Rison was a bad mother too.

You've got some good sigs there.  Herbert will hopefully kill next year.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I won this the other day

I actually like that Ravens helmet better than the current ones. Also i LOL'd at the message he wrote on it :lol: Also the Barry Sanders signed helmet would be sweet to have.

I do have one of those mini helmets wwith Jeff Garcia's autograph on it when he was with The Eagles. I just happened to be at the King of Prussia mall one day and he was signing autographs at one of the sports cards stores in the mall. I think this was in the mid 00's (whenever he was QB'ing for us and took us to the playoffs)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    I picked up a Rookie Jim Brown card.
    It's in poor condition, got it for dirt cheap, the cards a mess. 

But I have a rookie Jim Brown, and I am happy about that.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I picked up a Rookie Jim Brown card.
    It's in poor condition, got it for dirt cheap, the cards a mess. 

But I have a rookie Jim Brown, and I am happy about that.
    Any Jim Brown card is a good one!
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    A few recent pulls…..
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    A few recent pulls…..
    The Topps now stuff you buy?

That dual is a damn nice hit though.

Carroll looks like RC of the year for NL.  Not sure about Springer and Soto is always a late start but I think he's older than what he says he is.

I've been piling up Ohtanis.  Man do I hope he's the real deal.
  • Options
    A few recent pulls…..

Carroll looks like RC of the year for NL.  Not sure about Springer and Soto is always a late start but I think he's older than what he says he is.

No, not Topps now individually. They were pulled from packs. The Soto & Springer were from playoff packs. The Carroll was from an opening day pack, the Duals was from the Topps Duals. 

I do Bowman too, but seem to always hit the Topps packs at the right time. 
  • Options
    I did snag Ohtani/Ruth Dual but it’s not numbered. May be common in the packs.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Starting to get into autographed baseballs lately. I was able to get some stuff signed by the Astros at Spring Training in 2020 & 2023, but man...I can see how it can get out of hand so quickly. My baseball display case (holds 10 or 12 balls) is already full.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    A few recent pulls…..

No, not Topps now individually. They were pulled from packs. The Soto & Springer were from playoff packs. The Carroll was from an opening day pack, the Duals was from the Topps Duals. 

I don't do the Topps now stuff, they make packs now?  Crazy.  When it first came out I thought it was interesting.  Any cool moment in baseball gets it's own cards now.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Starting to get into autographed baseballs lately. I was able to get some stuff signed by the Astros at Spring Training in 2020 & 2023, but man...I can see how it can get out of hand so quickly. My baseball display case (holds 10 or 12 balls) is already full.
    That is awesome that you can fill them!  I recently bought an Adley auto/MLB ball.  It's his RC year so I thought that would be cool to have.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 said:
    That is awesome that you can fill them!  I recently bought an Adley auto/MLB ball.  It's his RC year so I thought that would be cool to have.
    Nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    Monday mail day!
    Awesome looking cards! 
  • Options
    A few recent pulls…..

I don't do the Topps now stuff, they make packs now?  Crazy.  When it first came out I thought it was interesting.  Any cool moment in baseball gets it's own cards now.
    They sure do. We have done well with the packs.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,073
    on2legs said:

Random fact: He was the one who booked the Yankees in that Ramada in Milwaukee.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    on2legs said:

What the hell is this, lol?  Has to be fan made?  Topps design with panini and Donruss trademarks or is Fanatics going to completely ruin sportscards altogether and combine them all?
  • Options
    I've been buying up Bichette and Ohtani cards.  Also a few Jung cards as the Rangers are killing and Jung should get AL ROY.

Watch for Corbin Carroll to win in the NL.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    on2legs said:

What the hell is this, lol?  Has to be fan made?  Topps design with panini and Donruss trademarks or is Fanatics going to completely ruin sportscards altogether and combine them all?
    Fan made.  All over eBay. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    1987 Topps 320 Barry Bonds RC PSADNA Autographed Say No To Drugs  Inscription - Baseball Slabbed Autographed Cards at Amazons Sports  Collectibles Store
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    1987 Topps 320 Barry Bonds RC PSADNA Autographed Say No To Drugs  Inscription - Baseball Slabbed Autographed Cards at Amazons Sports  Collectibles Store
    I just saw someone post this the other day.  Cool iconic card.
  • Options
    If any of you are holding Ohtani cards, congrats.  They are taking off.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Anyone collect the Topps Project 70/100/2020 cards?
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    Anyone collect the Topps Project 70/100/2020 cards?
    I've never bothered but saw that Action Bronson made some and was interested in those.
  • Options