psst...5/10/23

Comments

• brianjonesbrianjones Posts: 234
    Can someone explain to me something?  I bought the Dissident Atlanta 1994 vinyl when out for RSD last month.  Found it at a record store and paid $20.  So what would the difference be between this and the Dissident Atlanta 1994 vinyl?  Maybe better audio or a better pressing?
    If it’s this one, it’s a bootleg missing a boatload of songs on top of being a censored radio source (beeps on curse). 

Gotta say, I have not been this excited about a release in quite some time!  Definitely number one on my wish list 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,265
    edited May 2023
    $110USD total for Australia. 

That’s around $162AUD.

Oof.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,432
    Can someone explain to me something?  I bought the Dissident Atlanta 1994 vinyl when out for RSD last month.  Found it at a record store and paid $20.  So what would the difference be between this and the Dissident Atlanta 1994 vinyl?  Maybe better audio or a better pressing?
    If it is a vinyl pressing of the Dissident cd trilogy, then it is missing I think the prerelease Vitalogy tracks and maybe Sonic Reducer?
    I think it is a vinyl pressing of the Dissident CD.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765

Huh?

That's the Euro store. It's not a member trying to flip a copy, but a store for Euro-based 10C members to try to save money vs buying from Seattle.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 346
    I live in Europe and it's 20 € more expensive to buy this in EU shop than in US normal one ....
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,691

Huh?

That's the Euro store. It's not a member trying to flip a copy, but a store for Euro-based 10C members to try to save money vs buying from Seattle.
    Except, it only benefits UK residents as its shipped from the UK which is not part of the EU.

$119 from 10c and that seems to cover import charges.
    €100 from the UK shop with a good chance of being hit for import charges which would add another 15 to 30 euro. 
    £61 (approx €70/$77) from the UK shop with a UK address. 
    Kearnsy
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,846
    vinyl boy said:
    GlowGirl said:

My friend had the Private Radio bootleg CD which I copied on to cassette. I used to listen to this all the time. I can’t believe I still have it. 
    I remember living in the country and the radio station (102.1 the Edge) barely came in so I had to stand holding the antenna for the duration of the broadcast so I could record it to cassette.  Ah the good ole days
    Oh Man!! I did that when they broadcast the Jones Beach 2000 show. I was just within range and had to hold the antenna too lol!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,826
    £4.99 to ship to England but ridiculous everywhere else it's not a euro shop really
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    edited May 2023
    vinyl boy said:
    GlowGirl said:

My friend had the Private Radio bootleg CD which I copied on to cassette. I used to listen to this all the time. I can’t believe I still have it. 
    I remember living in the country and the radio station (102.1 the Edge) barely came in so I had to stand holding the antenna for the duration of the broadcast so I could record it to cassette.  Ah the good ole days
    LOL...yeah that brings back memories of me sitting in my bedroom waiting for good songs to come on the radio to make awesome mix tapes.

Of course the first few seconds of each song were always fucked up.

also reminds me that I still have my entire setup in a box in the attic...receiver, tape deck, etc.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,741
    vinyl boy said:
    GlowGirl said:

LOL...yeah that brings back memories of me sitting in my bedroom waiting for good songs to come on the radio to make awesome mix tapes.

Of course the first few seconds of each song were always fucked up.

also reminds me that I still have my entire setup in a box in the attic...receiver, tape deck, etc.
    same. I used to tape dead shows off the radio. Also punk hardcore stuff. A few contrasting songs I remember....

Tennessee Jed
    Wanna play with my cat (with a bat)

Don't have boom box anymore.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,669
    £4.99 to ship to England but ridiculous everywhere else it's not a euro shop really
    That's it?!?  :o

It's a lot of mula to ship from UK to Canada on this Vault vinyl release. 

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    edited May 2023
    @Santos L. Halper will the weird shipping cost from the UK store be corrected?

Or will you implement an EU store for this release?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Grabbed one from the UK shop! Thanks for adding it there.
    Nature drunk and High
    Makes more sense

Huh?

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Cost summary
    DescriptionPrice
    Subtotal$70.00
    Shipping$15.49
    Estimated taxes$4.20
    TotalUSD $89.69

420 bro
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    This is literally my favorite show of all time.
    WBCN BOSTON
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    demetrios said:
    That's it?!?  :o

It's a lot of mula to ship from UK to Canada on this Vault vinyl release. 

Yeesh, think it will come with a 'Not to be confused with the more expensive (identitcle) import version' hype sticker?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    Any word when the pre order date on the Vault 11 vinyl will end?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    Can i preoder one on the US site and have one on the EU shop or do I get like.. banned for double ordering?

I want to order one from the US site (Which seems to be cheaper for a Swede..... L O L ) but don't want to cancel my EU order before my US order has cleared...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Can i preoder one on the US site and have one on the EU shop or do I get like.. banned for double ordering?

Pretty sure you can order from both sites. And no you won't get banned. 
  • Two weeks later and still there. Good on them for meeting demand, though I'm sure cost is holding some back.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    ikiT said:
    WBCN BOSTON
    I miss it so very much!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,923
    Two weeks later and still there. Good on them for meeting demand, though I'm sure cost is holding some back.
    Yeah I'm surprised by this, and think you might be right. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    Two weeks later and still there. Good on them for meeting demand, though I'm sure cost is holding some back.
    Yeah I'm surprised by this, and think you might be right. 

I'm guessing pre orders will end by June 10th.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,265
    I saw the "Final Call" for ordering Vault 11 in this month's newsletter. I'd kept putting it off because of the shipping costs and I just couldn't make my mind up...

I checked my emails and I actually ordered it last week!

Damn my sleep-deprived self for getting online at stupid o'clock in the morning.

What the hell else have I bought?!?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    edited June 2023
    So, what show will be next for Vault 12?
    Post edited by demetrios on