1235»

Comments

• Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 924
    Would a 1996 show be a possibility 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 598
    Really hope Leeds 2014 comes at some point.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,967
    matt84 said:
    Really hope Leeds 2014 comes at some point.
    Ament to this!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    eboweddie said:
    Would a 1996 show be a possibility 

Me too. More Jack Irons would be wonderful. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,139
    I would love Charlotte ‘96, my first show!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    2004 TOLEDO
    2007 COPENHAGEN or LONDON
    2002 SHOWBOX (the night not on DVD)
    1993 ANY SHOW OPENING UP FOR NEIL YOUNG
    1992 STOCKHOLM:

pre-set: Redemption Song (Eddie solo), Driven To Tears (Eddie & Dave), Throw Your Arms Around Me (Eddie & Dave)
    setlist: Even Flow, Once, State Of Love And Trust, Alive, Improv, Black, (Help Me Rhonda), Deep, Jeremy, Why Go, Improv, Porch
    encore 1: (Suggestion), Garden
    encore 2: Leash, I've Got A Feeling/(Dolly Dagger)/(Three Little Birds), Rockin' In The Free World
    encore 3: Release, Footsteps

This show, originally scheduled for the Melody Club, was changed to this outdoor venue due to the current popularity of Ten. With the opening act's (Eleven) tour bus collapsing on the road to Stockholm, Eddie asks the promotor "if it's OK that he opens with a 20 min acoustic pre-set". Of course no problem! Starting out, Eddie plays Bob Marley's "Redemption Song" solo. Eddie is very chatty with the audience, beginning by saying, "Today it just feels good... a fast one or a slow one?", and now joined by Dave on drums, play the Police' "Driven to Tears". Then, "...this is a song about summer and outdoors" and playing the Hunters & Collectors tune, "Throw Your Arms Around Me". After the other Pearl Jam members take the stage, "Let's just have fun tonight" intro's a ripping "Even Flow". Eddie spies someone taping in the audience and remarks, "This guy's making a tape recording... everybody be careful... don't make too much noise. No keep it out. I like that idea. He's OK. Let him tape the show, yeah... we wanna remember this, right?". A lot of stuff is being thrown on stage during this show. After "Once", Ed, being hit by a shoe, becomes angry, and holds the shoe up, and smiles, fills it with his beverage and drinks from it. Wiping the drops away from his mouth, he says, "I'm crazier than any of you fucks" (turning a stupid incident into something good). Then he says, "This song is called... what's it called?" and he passes the mic out to the audience and some guy repeats, "I'm crazier than you... fuck you!" several times, and then "State Of Love And Trust", which they plays next! Eddie sings "Help me Rhonda. I'm in too deep", as a lead-in to "Deep". Pearl Jam is upset that this show was for 18+ ages only and later Eddie comments, "You know of this thing, Roskilde? We're playing there tomorrow. After this, I feel like saying "fuck it, let's just play here again". "This is the size! It's outdoors... this is as big as it needs to get... next time it will be at this place, it will be all ages and it will be cheaper than it was today. This was bullshit and I don't dare say that unless I plan to live up to it so we will live up to it. We'll see you there then, OK?". "Release" is played because they "forgot to play it earlier" and "Footsteps" is started with the lyrics to Temple of the Dog's version ("Times of Trouble") and then Eddie explains the origin of the song and they restart it. So sad that this very happy night was marred by some of the band's personal items being stolen backstage as they played.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Vault vinyl received! :) 
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,925
    Mine showed up in Virginia perfectly fine.  Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but it looks beautiful.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    Man how I wish they would/could play porch like this again.  Wow, what a sensational version.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Delivered in Atlanta! Hopefully it’s okay. Out of town and got a neighbor to grab it off the porch!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,800
    ^Alright. Will spin this sucker asap.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    edited July 2023
    dying for mine. Have to wait until Tuesday 
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 607
    edited July 2023
    Mine finally arrived today and thankfully the box was completely sealed. Never thought that’d be a concern before this release. Lol. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 269
    What a beast of a vault set.  After obsessing over the Dissident discs for years, it's so cool to have this on an officially pressed record.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Vault received! Shipping box looked great, but upon opening, big dent along the top. Does not appear to have damaged the vinyl. Haven’t spun it yet.

Should I send an email? Will they do anything? Or just not bother? I didn’t get it to flip it just listen to it.
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 607
    That would bug me. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 269

Vault received! Shipping box looked great, but upon opening, big dent along the top. Does not appear to have damaged the vinyl. Haven’t spun it yet.

Should I send an email? Will they do anything? Or just not bother? I didn’t get it to flip it just listen to it.
    I had a similar but much smaller dent along one edge. But like you, the box was in great shape and showed no sign of damage.  I just squeezed it down to try and fix the dent and won't bother contacting 10C.
  • Options
    Yeah, that’s kind of what I’m doing. Annoying it showed up this way, but better than broken vinyl!
  • Options
    pakohpakoh Posts: 11
    Mine arrived a week ago.

How come this isn’t on Discogs yet?
    --flawed--
  • Options
    pakoh said:
    Mine arrived a week ago.

How come this isn’t on Discogs yet?

It is. https://www.discogs.com/release/27138813-Pearl-Jam-Atlanta-40394
  • Options