Ten Club Presale Update

Comments

• wiscojam said:
    Sarava said:
    joe159 said:
    Sarava said:
    So I'm looking at my seats for the Thursday show at the UC - eek I didnt realize how bad these seats were. I'm in section 305, 3rd row from the top. It's the furthest corner section in the arena, with only 2 rows worse. I'm TC#495xxx, which normally gets me in the lower bowl, about 3/4 of the way back. And I like those seats when I get them. Now I have about the worst seats in the house. Which makes me wonder - where the hell did they put the 496xxx - 750xxx people if I have the worst seats? They couldnt have crammed them all in the 2 rows behind me? But maybe something will be redrawn as they said they will look in to.
    I'm TC#515###, I drew section 321, 10th row
    Interesting. I did select side/rear as well. This was my first priority in the drawing for whatever its worth.

I guess we'll see how this shakes out. But my first thought is, and I'm thinking to future tours/sales - if they are selling most of the arena to TC members, which allows people to get in on 3rd and 4th choices or beyond - this is going to permanently kill the seats for anyone who joined the ten club in the last 15 years. Because we're going to get worse seats than people who sneak in on their 4th or 5th priority, no matter what show we put in for, or no matter the priority.

Oh and RIP Gordon Lightfoot. That's sad news.
    Not sure how many of us in the 10C for over 15 years (we are mostly now in our 40s and 50s+) are going to 4 and 5 shows per tour. I get it's more than most band's fan base, but I can't believe it would kill seat priority for the rest.
    I mean, it's clearly a lot. I've been in for 15 years (after joining 20 years ago and then lapsing for a few years). My number from 20 years ago was 374XXX. Current number is 421XXX. There are tons of people on these boards who have lower numbers than that. Obviously, there's a bias correlating old school superfans with low numbers - but I think it's safe to say that there are still many people who must be in 10C for more than 25 years.

Also - I'm in my late 30s and didn't first join 10C until I was 18 and didn't rejoin until I was 23. Definitely people who could be in their 30s who've been in the 10C for 15-20 years. And now that many have more disposable income - that can lead to vacation days + travel + shows. Add that to the fact that many of us haven't seen this band since pre-COVID and you get a perfect storm of seat priority shitshow. 
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • GlorifiedGEEGlorifiedGEE Posts: 169
    wiscojam said:
    Sarava said:
    joe159 said:
    Sarava said:
    So I'm looking at my seats for the Thursday show at the UC - eek I didnt realize how bad these seats were. I'm in section 305, 3rd row from the top. It's the furthest corner section in the arena, with only 2 rows worse. I'm TC#495xxx, which normally gets me in the lower bowl, about 3/4 of the way back. And I like those seats when I get them. Now I have about the worst seats in the house. Which makes me wonder - where the hell did they put the 496xxx - 750xxx people if I have the worst seats? They couldnt have crammed them all in the 2 rows behind me? But maybe something will be redrawn as they said they will look in to.
    Interesting. I did select side/rear as well. This was my first priority in the drawing for whatever its worth.

I guess we'll see how this shakes out. But my first thought is, and I'm thinking to future tours/sales - if they are selling most of the arena to TC members, which allows people to get in on 3rd and 4th choices or beyond - this is going to permanently kill the seats for anyone who joined the ten club in the last 15 years. Because we're going to get worse seats than people who sneak in on their 4th or 5th priority, no matter what show we put in for, or no matter the priority.

Not sure how many of us in the 10C for over 15 years (we are mostly now in our 40s and 50s+) are going to 4 and 5 shows per tour. I get it's more than most band's fan base, but I can't believe it would kill seat priority for the rest.
    I mean, it's clearly a lot. I've been in for 15 years (after joining 20 years ago and then lapsing for a few years). My number from 20 years ago was 374XXX. Current number is 421XXX. There are tons of people on these boards who have lower numbers than that. Obviously, there's a bias correlating old school superfans with low numbers - but I think it's safe to say that there are still many people who must be in 10C for more than 25 years.

Also - I'm in my late 30s and didn't first join 10C until I was 18 and didn't rejoin until I was 23. Definitely people who could be in their 30s who've been in the 10C for 15-20 years. And now that many have more disposable income - that can lead to vacation days + travel + shows. Add that to the fact that many of us haven't seen this band since pre-COVID and you get a perfect storm of seat priority shitshow. 
    You positive on the 374XXX, i joined exactly 20 years ago and am 252XXX.  Not that it matters i would just be curious if something changed with numbers.... or i joined longer ago lol
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    wiscojam said:
    Sarava said:
    joe159 said:
    Sarava said:

You positive on the 374XXX, i joined exactly 20 years ago and am 252XXX.  Not that it matters i would just be curious if something changed with numbers.... or i joined longer ago lol
    Yeah, 374 from 20 years ago seems suspect, maybe meant 274.

• GlorifiedGEEGlorifiedGEE Posts: 169
    mattcoz said:
    wiscojam said:
    Sarava said:
    joe159 said:
    Sarava said:

Yeah, 374 from 20 years ago seems suspect, maybe meant 274.

I think you nailed it.  Just a typo
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • BV42562BV42562 Posts: 9
    edited May 2023
    Nvm
    Post edited by BV42562 on
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 732
    BV42562 said:
    This doesn't surprise me. I'm a 181××× and didn't even try this tour. My last 10c tickets were shit and I figured this tour would be too. Glad I didn't waste my time. Sucks being in this long and never getting good seats. 
    How bad is shit? I’m 229 and in Nashville I was halfway down arena row A. I’ll take those all day long
  • Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 220
    BV42562 said:
    This doesn't surprise me. I'm a 181××× and didn't even try this tour. My last 10c tickets were shit and I figured this tour would be too. Glad I didn't waste my time. Sucks being in this long and never getting good seats. 
    181xxx should get you pretty good seats.  I'm 195xxx and was about 8 rows up in a great section for Denver 2022.  This year will be different given the limited tour and the fact that few didn't win the lottery.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    wiscojam said:
    Sarava said:
    joe159 said:
    Sarava said:

It's certainy some of that, as we saw people saying they got tickets with those priorities. But even second priorities usually fail in heavy demand shows. So even people getting 2nd and 3rd priorities are pushing others with 1st priorities in to the corner rafters.

I think an ideal world, they assign seats based on senority within each priority, then move on to the next priority. That might be too confusing for ticketmaster though.
  • sean9769sean9769 Baltimore Posts: 57
    edited May 2023
    I don't care if you're in the front or back of the club seniority line the biggest problem with any tour has always been hoarders. They really need to cap a limit on how many shows one can win or potentially attend.  At this point if you suddenly got a puckered ass it's likely you I'm talking about.  No doubt they can't ever control who does what or buys on TM or brokers but they definitely have the means to curb the flow on their end and spread the wealth around.  Look on every tour at the usual suspect roll call posts and you'll see the people I'm referring to hitting every show.
    And again I guarantee you'll pump your chest out and get your nipples all twisted explaining how your loyalty justifies your fandom. 
    🤦😂

Post edited by sean9769 on
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    sean9769 said:
    I don't care if you're in the front or back of the club seniority line the biggest problem with any tour has always been hoarders. They really need to cap a limit on how many shows one can win or potentially attend.  At this point if you suddenly got a puckered ass it's likely you I'm talking about.  No doubt they can't ever control who does what or buys on TM or brokers but they definitely have the means to curb the flow on their end and spread the wealth around.  Look on every tour at the usual suspect roll call posts and you'll see the people I'm referring to hitting every show.
    And again I guarantee you'll pump your chest out and get your nipples all twisted explaining how your loyalty justifies your fandom. 
    🤦😂

Moronic.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    sean9769 said:
    🤦😂

That's why they have us rank the shows...the lower the ranking the less likely you are to score tickets
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • JK274975JK274975 Posts: 7
    Just so I don't have to read through all these comments has anyone heard when we will get our new seat assignments?
  • KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    sean9769 said:
    🤦😂

That's why they have us rank the shows...the lower the ranking the less likely you are to score tickets
    So we thought…not sure it works this way anymore.
    I would not mind going back to 1 or 2 shows a tour that you can win lottery on.  It would definitely improve seat locations.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    In the past, we would never win our second, third or fourth priority shows without winning our first priority.  That is not the case with this tour.  Several people did not win their first priority show, but did win a second, third, fourth priority selection.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,297
    JK274975 said:
    Just so I don't have to read through all these comments has anyone heard when we will get our new seat assignments?
    No
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    edited May 2023
    bbiggs said:
    In the past, we would never win our second, third or fourth priority shows without winning our first priority.  That is not the case with this tour.  Several people did not win their first priority show, but did win a second, third, fourth priority selection.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.
    Isn't that because they were trying to fill as many requests as possible? I only signed up for three shows so I'm not sure if people that signed up for all of them received all? I just remember the email stating that they were going to try to secure as many 10C tix as possible which meant some of the seats would be higher up.

This seems to be the new thing...once TM goes to the public sale it's kill or be killed. I appreciate what 10C did to be honest.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    JK274975 said:
    No
    Thank you!
    bbiggs said:
    Isn't that because they were trying to fill as many requests as possible? I only signed up for three shows so I'm not sure if people that signed up for all of them received all? I just remember the email stating that they were going to try to secure as many 10C tix as possible which meant some of the seats would be higher up.

This seems to be the new thing...once TM goes to the public sale it's kill or be killed. I appreciate what 10C did to be honest.
    I really don't know the answer to this.  I'm not referring to seat location in this case (that is a separate issue I suppose), but specifically the fact that later priorities were fulfilled while number one priorities went unfulfilled.  I have read all of Ten Club's announcements and updates as it relates to this tour and ticketing process, and nowhere have I found anything indicating the "why" behind the change here.  In my case, I put in for a total of two shows.  My first priority selection was unfulfilled.  My second priority selection was fulfilled.  I have seen several others post similar end results.  I'm not saying it is good or bad.  As with everything this tour, it is a learning experience and I'm trying to understand the many changes in the process.

• SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    edited May 2023
    bbiggs said:
    Not sure that's right. If everyone picks the highest demand show number 1, not everyone can win. In 2020 my first priority was MSG and second was Baltimore. I didn't get either but I got St Louis with my 3rd choice. This year I had Chicago 1-2, which presumably were the most requested shows. I didn't get Chicago but got my 3rd choice on down. What wouldn't make sense though is if people got Chicago as their 3rd or 4th choice when people who had it top ranked didn't get it. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:
    Not sure that's right. If everyone picks the highest demand show number 1, not everyone can win. In 2020 my first priority was MSG and second was Baltimore. I didn't get either but I got St Louis with my 3rd choice. This year I had Chicago 1-2, which presumably were the most requested shows. I didn't get Chicago but got my 3rd choice on down. What wouldn't make sense though is if people got Chicago as their 3rd or 4th choice when people who had it top ranked didn't get it. 
    You are correct.  Use MSG 2020 as the example.  Everyone puts in for that show and not everyone will win.  In that case, Ten Club then moves down the priority list to shows with less demand and those requests can be fulfilled.  I may have worded my post poorly.  However, for this 2023 tour, there have been many examples of later priority selections being fulfilled over earlier priority selections that do not meet that MSG scenario.  I put in for both Chicago shows and my second choice was fulfilled.  Both shows have somewhat similar demand it appears.  I had Chicago 2 as my first selection and lost.  Many people had Chicago 2 as their 2nd, 3rd, 4th selections and won.  That is where there is a clear disconnect this tour.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:
    You are correct.  Use MSG 2020 as the example.  Everyone puts in for that show and not everyone will win.  In that case, Ten Club then moves down the priority list to shows with less demand and those requests can be fulfilled.  I may have worded my post poorly.  However, for this 2023 tour, there have been many examples of later priority selections being fulfilled over earlier priority selections that do not meet that MSG scenario.  I put in for both Chicago shows and my second choice was fulfilled.  Both shows have somewhat similar demand it appears.  I had Chicago 2 as my first selection and lost.  Many people had Chicago 2 as their 2nd, 3rd, 4th selections and won.  That is where there is a clear disconnect this tour.

Very true and this has not been addressed at all with 10C. I appreciate them getting the seniority right but not sure why this is going unmentioned. 
    JK274975 said:
    Haven't heard anything since last Thursday when they said "in the next week". So, tomorrow? I'm not holding my breath though, I just want them to get it right.
    mattcoz said:
    JK274975 said:
    Haven't heard anything since last Thursday when they said "in the next week". So, tomorrow? I'm not holding my breath though, I just want them to get it right.
    Thank you!

PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:

Very true and this has not been addressed at all with 10C. I appreciate them getting the seniority right but not sure why this is going unmentioned. 
    Yeah, this is a bigger issue than seating, nobody should lose their 1st priority to any lower priority. I think they know they screwed this up, but they just don't want to take tickets away from anyone that they already sent confirmations to. One person said they got Chicago 2 with their 7th priority, which is insane. Of course, for some reason they refuse to tell us how they really do this, leaving us to just speculate.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    mattcoz said:

PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:

Yeah, this is a bigger issue than seating, nobody should lose their 1st priority to any lower priority. I think they know they screwed this up, but they just don't want to take tickets away from anyone that they already sent confirmations to. One person said they got Chicago 2 with their 7th priority, which is insane. Of course, for some reason they refuse to tell us how they really do this, leaving us to just speculate.
    I think it got messed up in the middle of them trying to fix the GA/RES only people who got missed in the RES lotto. They tried putting them back into the lotto on Wednesday. Some got in and some did not for whatever reason. 

I would be curious if anyone out there had GA/RES and RES checked off and got missed as a first pick for Chicago night 2 or Indy. If so its more wide spread than I thought. 
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 684
    mattcoz said:

PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:

My unsubstantiated theory is that they did it NBA draft style based on priority. Higher priority got more ping pong balls in the draw. Lower had fewer. Odds still favored the higher priority, but it is still possible for lower to win. That way they have to do less draws and it simplifies things. 
    PJNB said:
    mattcoz said:

PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:

I think it got messed up in the middle of them trying to fix the GA/RES only people who got missed in the RES lotto. They tried putting them back into the lotto on Wednesday. Some got in and some did not for whatever reason. 

I would be curious if anyone out there had GA/RES and RES checked off and got missed as a first pick for Chicago night 2 or Indy. If so its more wide spread than I thought. 

Yes.  This bold part is exactly what happened in my case.
  • BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 63
    mattcoz said:

PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    bbiggs said:

My unsubstantiated theory is that they did it NBA draft style based on priority. Higher priority got more ping pong balls in the draw. Lower had fewer. Odds still favored the higher priority, but it is still possible for lower to win. That way they have to do less draws and it simplifies things. 
    This would explain a lot. In theory a P1 should never lose out to a P2 or beyond, but that happened, people are confused, and we need a better explanation of what it means when you "prioritize" a specific show. Good communication can reduce a lot of headache and did not happen this go around! 
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Chicago 1
    5th priority 
    Both boxes checked (but not behind stage)
    Single ticket 
    No result on first day of draw
    Status showed unfulfilled that night 
    Won on second day of draw (abysmal seat which hopefully will be corrected to just moderately shitty)

Chicago 2
    Not entered 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 291
    wiscojam said:
    Sarava said:
    joe159 said:
    Sarava said:

yes, lots of 10C members in for over 15, 20 years. I just don't think that many of them/us are traveling for 4 or 5 shows per tour. 

The ONLY reason I've been continuous with my membership for 20+ years is for the Seniority status.
This discussion has been closed.