Groomers aka sexual predators

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
edited July 2023 in A Moving Train
urban dictionary definition.....

a groomer is someone who builds a relationship, trust and emotional connection with a child or young person so they can manipulate, exploit and abuse them.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Groomers...

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mickeyrat said:
    urban dictionary definition.....

a groomer is someone who builds a relationship, trust and emotional connection with a child or young person so they can manipulate, exploit and abuse them.
    Common job titles include youth pastor.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Another common title also includes Democrats. 

https://komonews.com/news/local/senate-bill-5599-washington-state-transgender-trans-at-risk-youth-gender-affirming-reproductive-care-without-parental-consent-governor-jay-inslee-family-foster-homeless-children-families-minors-law-legislation

Democrats in Washington want the ability to hide children away their parents so they can swap their junk like a Mr. Potato Head doll. Children can't get a tattoo, buy cigarettes or alcohol but Democrats want them to be able to make life altering decisions without parental consent and not only that, hide the children from the parents. Democrats are a bunch of sick fucks. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Its amazing how creepy and evil some humans are- and not just here in America.  It's a global thing. 
    Shudder GIFs  Tenor

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Teaching your kid to enjoy the same music you do or maybe dressing them in a Biggie t-shirt too then?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Woody Allen is a groomer.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    people who groom dogs used to be called groomers.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Gun freaks and Evangelical Christians are the biggest, most dangerous groomers of them all. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    JB16057 said:

https://komonews.com/news/local/senate-bill-5599-washington-state-transgender-trans-at-risk-youth-gender-affirming-reproductive-care-without-parental-consent-governor-jay-inslee-family-foster-homeless-children-families-minors-law-legislation

Democrats in Washington want the ability to hide children away their parents so they can swap their junk like a Mr. Potato Head doll. Children can't get a tattoo, buy cigarettes or alcohol but Democrats want them to be able to make life altering decisions without parental consent and not only that, hide the children from the parents. Democrats are a bunch of sick fucks. 
    This is crazy talk from me, but maybe you should read the Washington state bill first. I also recommend what medical interventions are actually taking place with trans teenagers in reality and not what’s on social media. 

Another thing, falsely associating grooming with transgendered people actually will have the outcome of sexual abuse being more likely to happen because you’re not teaching people what grooming by actual sex offenders looks like. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    mrussel1 said:
    Gun freaks and Evangelical Christians are the biggest, most dangerous groomers of them all. 
    Yup
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:

I’m sorry. I’m not trying to make things personal. But painting an entire political party with that brush is a sign of serious delusion and brainwashing and/or unhinged anger. 

I’d urge you to challenge your sources and maybe seek out actual truth. 

Remember: republicans are the ones who look the other way with guys like Roy Moore and rapist-in-chief DJT, Lauren Boebert (who stood behind her husband, convicted of exposing himself to minors). Need I go on? 

Sickness doesn’t generally subscribe to a particular political leaning. But conservative Christians sure do LOVE their altar boys…and Republican politicians. There’s a reason those robes are so heavy. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JB16057 said:

Here is a groomer for you. Is it true that all Republicans are groomers or just Texas ones? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/ap/ap-u-s-news/texas-panel-says-lawmaker-should-be-expelled-for-misconduct/amp/

I'm still having a hard time with the word "groomer".  Every time I see it come up I picture someone with a curry comb and a horse.  "Brainwashing", "indoctrinating", "proselytizing",  I understand.  Those words convey a more clear message to me.  Grooming, on the other hand, just sounds too neat and tidy.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,930
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:

What disingenuous language (from you and from the article - unsurprised on both counts).

Reading the actual bill yields actual information about what will actually happen (fucking go figure).

There are compelling reasons for parents not to be notified about their child's presence in a shelter - if a parent or legal guardian will subject the minor to abuse or neglect; or when a minor is seeking or receiving protected health care services. As explained by the proposers of the law, this is to try to curb the significant suicide rate amongst transgender homeless people.

Also, is your complaint that children SHOULD be able to get a tattoo, buy cigarettes, and alcohol? My god am I ever glad you're on a Pearl Jam forum, instead of someone who does something that matters on the topic.
    Post edited by Kat on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    JB16057 said:

I have registered to vote as a Republican once (well, OK, that was so I could vote against Reagan in the primaries, so that doesn't count), as an Independent, as a Green Party member, and (by far the most often), as a Democrat.  So, JB, does that mean I'm only a sick fuck some of the time? 

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited May 2023
    Groomers sounds like the name of a TV show. Could make a good dark comedy.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    I consider ill people that fornicate to be sick fucks.  Not sure about anyone else.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    Doesn't fornicate just mean to have consensual sex? Nothing sick about that to me.
    Or have I completely misunderstood this word my whole life?
    mace1229 said:
    Doesn't fornicate just mean to have consensual sex? Nothing sick about that to me.
    Or have I completely misunderstood this word my whole life?
    No, you have it right.  
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    It does!  Which is why I threw in "ill" to signify the sick part: ill fornicators = sick fucks. Maybe not the best pun but it's all I got.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    ill or sick is a much bigger spectrum than pedofiles, so I was a little confused.
    When I said it would make a good dark comedy, I was thinking along the lines of Tarantino and Inglorious Bastards or Once Upon a Time style.
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    Any Republican/"Conservative" using the term groomer is projecting. Here's another one who just resigned for....grooming. https://www.advocate.com/politics/bryan-slaton-resigns-grooming-staffer

No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:

I’m sorry. I’m not trying to make things personal. But painting an entire political party with that brush is a sign of serious delusion and brainwashing and/or unhinged anger. 

I’d urge you to challenge your sources and maybe seek out actual truth. 

Remember: republicans are the ones who look the other way with guys like Roy Moore and rapist-in-chief DJT, Lauren Boebert (who stood behind her husband, convicted of exposing himself to minors). Need I go on? 

Sickness doesn’t generally subscribe to a particular political leaning. But conservative Christians sure do LOVE their altar boys…and Republican politicians. There’s a reason those robes are so heavy. 
    Painting an entire political party with a brush happens pretty much every day here on ATM but I don't see you calling it out when it's Democrats calling all Republicans evil. 

edit: Also, to be fair to you, you're one of the only ones on here that has slightly defended me at least one time. 
    Post edited by JB16057 on
    edited May 2023
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:

I have registered to vote as a Republican once (well, OK, that was so I could vote against Reagan in the primaries, so that doesn't count), as an Independent, as a Green Party member, and (by far the most often), as a Democrat.  So, JB, does that mean I'm only a sick fuck some of the time? 
    There are multiple messages in this thread alone calling or insinuating that all Republicans are groomers. I'm just playing the AMT game. 
    Post edited by JB16057 on
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:

What disingenuous language (from you and from the article - unsurprised on both counts).

Reading the actual bill yields actual information about what will actually happen (fucking go figure).

There are compelling reasons for parents not to be notified about their child's presence in a shelter - if a parent or legal guardian will subject the minor to abuse or neglect; or when a minor is seeking or receiving protected health care services. As explained by the proposers of the law, this is to try to curb the significant suicide rate amongst transgender homeless people.

Also, is your complaint that children SHOULD be able to get a tattoo, buy cigarettes, and alcohol? My god am I ever glad you're on a Pearl Jam forum, instead of someone who does something that matters on the topic.
    I don't understand how you ever thought that my complaint was that kids should be able to get a tattoo, buy cigarettes, etc.... The answer is no. I don't think they should be able to do any of those things just like I don't believe kids should be able to have gender reassigning treatment. I have no issue if adults want to make this decision for themselves. 

"There is no such thing as someone else's child. No such thing as someone else's child. Our nation's children are all our children." - Joe Biden

The government has no right hiding children away from parents without undeniable proof that they are being abused and this bill doesn't account for that.

I have a friend that as a child, went to the neighbors house and complained to them that his Mom wasn't feeding him. In reality, his mom wouldn't go to 7-11 and buy him top ramen. The neighbors called CPS while feeding him oatmeal which of course he hated. What a big ordeal because the kid lied and created an issue that wasn't true. Kids aren't always honest and this law is going to hurt more families than it will help. Of course there are legitimate situations where this really does happen and I feel bad for it but it isn't fair to punish all parents in Washington state. The bill was signed today.

“Among its many flaws, the bill assumes families that don’t ‘affirm’ a child’s short-term desires are being abusive. Wrong! Sometimes love requires parents to not affirm their child’s whims. Loving parents guide their children as they grow. Sometimes that means saying ‘no,’ ” Rep. Jim Walsh (R-19)

This same reasoning could be applied to kids that want to do drugs(which are aren't illegal in Washington state). If a kid wants to do drugs and the parents don't approve, should the government be able to take the kids away? No. 

Gender Dysphoria is a mental disorder and Democrats are pushing it on our children and trying to normalize it. "groomer is someone who builds a relationship, trust and emotional connection with a child or young person so they can manipulate, exploit and abuse them."

How could a 4 year old possibly understand gender dysphoria? Yet Democrats are pushing for kids this young to make life altering decisions. This is child abuse and fits the definition of a "groomer". 
This discussion has been closed.