Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    Where is the link to the playlist? 
    https://pj.lnk.to/deepaprilIB

Would make for a killer setlist (sprinkle in some Gigaton)

If it hasn't already been said, the YLed is from Indianapolis.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    vedpunk said:
    April Fools!  Oh man this is going to end badly 
    I find it amazing at all the people who still think this is an Aprils Fools joke. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    Made In America Music Fest 09.03.23 is the Philly date 
    If that’s the case will be skipping it no festival for me, just give me headlining shows with them I don’t mind an opening band but I’m not sitting through multiple bands to see them! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Made in America on Sep 3rd makes sense considering they do not have to drive the staging and most of the equipment half way across the country after St Paul then get back to Chicago for the 5th. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,283
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    I find it amazing at all the people who still think this is an Aprils Fools joke. 
    Exactly. The fact that they specifically used venues that have been rumored to have shows coming for months, plus a few that hadn't even been mentioned at all, just solidified those rumors even more. That's a lot of work to go thru to troll people...especially considering most people weren't even aware those venues were rumored to begin with. This is the real deal folks.
    As my good friend Stone Gossard would say...Buckle Up.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,494
    PJNB said:
    Made in America on Sep 3rd makes sense considering they do not have to drive the staging and most of the equipment half way across the country after St Paul then get back to Chicago for the 5th. 
    GOOD point 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,085
    Hoping we get that make up date for DC area. 
  • Options
    Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with the Made in America Festival. And I acknowledge that PJ has played before. But one look at their website makes me think this is no longer the kind of festival that PJ would headline. I really have a hard time imagining them there.

But I could be wrong. I mean, DMB has played Something in the Water Festival a couple times recently, and they don't look like they belong on that bill either.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,674
    Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with the Made in America Festival. And I acknowledge that PJ has played before. But one look at their website makes me think this is no longer the kind of festival that PJ would headline. I really have a hard time imagining them there.

But I could be wrong. I mean, DMB has played Something in the Water Festival a couple times recently, and they don't look like they belong on that bill either.
    I agree with this.

Also, maybe some of the other cities are cities that haven’t been played before or haven’t been played since pre-bootleg era, and they couldn’t be included in the teaser setlist.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,571
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Exactly. The fact that they specifically used venues that have been rumored to have shows coming for months, plus a few that hadn't even been mentioned at all, just solidified those rumors even more. That's a lot of work to go thru to troll people...especially considering most people weren't even aware those venues were rumored to begin with. This is the real deal folks.
    As my good friend Stone Gossard would say...Buckle Up.
    To me, the question mark on the Playlist name "April Fools?" confirms its real. But I'm also ready to believe anything at this point 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584
    I don’t think the band would troll this fan base about a tour. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,504
    I agree that Made in America does not appear to be their type of fest, and it also looks like a horrible event venue.  

That being said, “their type of fest” could be any fest that offers their asking price.  

If they do play that fest, I hope I have the will power to stay away! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,674
    on2legs said:
    I don’t think the band would troll this fan base about a tour. 
    They wouldn’t.  It was a creative and fun way to say “make sure your memberships are up to date now”

Similar to the Light switch “Tour ON OFF” picture a few years ago 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,423
    Those beautiful red trucks were all I needed to see! Bring it! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    I agree that Made in America does not appear to be their type of fest, and it also looks like a horrible event venue.  

That being said, “their type of fest” could be any fest that offers their asking price.  

I went the last time they played and it was a lot of fun. The Hives, Gary Clark Jr... Also having so many hip hop fans in attendance who didn't care about Pearl Jam made it easier for me to get up close for their set - I just had to endure a Drake set!
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    CO278952 said:
    All tracks in the playlist are from St Paul, Chicago, Indianapolis and Dallas 
    Thanks!
  • Options
    verceman said:

I went the last time they played and it was a lot of fun. The Hives, Gary Clark Jr... Also having so many hip hop fans in attendance who didn't care about Pearl Jam made it easier for me to get up close for their set - I just had to endure a Drake set!
    Good to know.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    I m praying there are some weekend shows.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    verceman said:

Good to know.  
    Plus, Beyonce does have that crush on Eddie. Maybe Jay Z made it happen for her. ;)
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    So if there's another tease today or tomorrow,  then it's coming this week :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noblesville is rumored for Sunday September 10th.

would imagine if Austin is ACL that Dallas will be the show that happens between the two weekends.

can see them doing most of September and stopping for Eddie to do Ohana (if not playing Ohana) then heading back to do ACL and Dallas.

if playing ACL, Ohana Encore isn’t happening (same weekend).
  • Options
    verceman said:

Good to know.  
    Plus, Beyonce does have that crush on Eddie. Maybe Jay Z made it happen for her. ;)
    The Ed/Beyoncé Redemption Song performance a few years ago was really great.

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    mcgruff10 said:
    I second this!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

would imagine if Austin is ACL that Dallas will be the show that happens between the two weekends.

can see them doing most of September and stopping for Eddie to do Ohana (if not playing Ohana) then heading back to do ACL and Dallas.

I can't see Encore happening with Power Trip happening that weekend too and only being 130 miles out. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,068
    This 2008 Vedder tour was called April Fools. 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,527
    Bunting10 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Holy shit!  I’m upset I’m just catching up now.  24 song playlist?  24 venues??  They have small snippets of songs, going to be hard to tell which venue they were from.  No Gigaton makes sense because I assume most of the cities are ones not hit in 2022. I think we get a few more hints before the announcement but it’s coming.  Where are the damn Boston hints!!! I definitely thinking they are saying 24 venues. 
    No Boston this go around and 24 venues would be a stretch.
    I think there is a reason for a 24 song playlist, no?  If no Boston, I’m fine with that. However they teased like 6 or 7 places.  I think we get a tease tomorrow  and then maybe another on Monday with an announcement on Tuesday.  I’m probably wrong. 

Weren't most setlists last year 24 songs in length?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Doug87 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I can't see Encore happening with Power Trip happening that weekend too and only being 130 miles out. 
    oh yeah, good call out. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302

I could see it happening.  Seemed like attendance for Made in America was way down last year.   Venue are  is actually pretty cool just don’t go wandering too far off the path of the venue area 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    mikesbri said:
    Im feeling we will get a suprise album release before any tour.

This one might not necessarily be a total surprise. It's been relatively quiet since the end of the 2022 tour. They also had a lot of time in 2021 to begin the writing process.

We also basically know the next album won't take as long to be released.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    This tour has the 2014 feel to it for me, not the 2013/2020 feel.