*** DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN INDICTED ***

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    THE AMERICAN DREAM IS DEAD

what a fucking douchebag
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,930
    well. if it actually happens I gladly eat my cynicism after all this time. 
    I wonder if this is going to result in the legal system chasing one 'big dog' to set a precedent of intolerance, then generally laying low as more minor offences continue. I.e. let's prosecute the president for corruption, then the public sees that 'America cares', then they resume allowing more minor acts of corruption. Sort of a Martha Stewart of politics rather than insider trading.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    why are they allowing him to post that he is getting arrested on tuesday? they need to arrest him today for 2 reasons

1: to keep all of his crazy supporters from being in town on tuesday
    2: to mess with his head. make him think he has 3 more days to crime before he has to stop criming for a little bit
    Why is who allowing him? Doesn’t he own the platform he’s sharing on? That was the whole point of Truth, no censorship.
    edited March 2023
    Parksy said:
    *IF*  they're going to arrest him.... they would be absolutely foolish to do it on Tuesday.  Not a chance. If they have the evidence and paperwork all ready to go, you go and issue an arrest warrant ASAP. 

How much of a flight risk he is will be interesting, so I'm not sure if they intend on issuing an arrest warrant in the hopes he turns himself in, or they go full on raid mode and go get him.  Either way.... they would be remarkably dumb to do it on Tuesday. 

Trump is going to use this as he always does to his advantage no matter what.  But do not do it on the Tuesday.  ASAP. 

He wants the 'protests' .. he is going to want to see violence because of this just like on Jan 6th.  
    What’s wrong with Tuesday? Isn’t it common for high profile people to arrange a time for them to turn themselves in? Even OJ, in a double murder, was allowed the luxury. Maybe this slid what happened. We’ll find out Tuesday I guess.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    mace1229 said:
    Parksy said:
    *IF*  they're going to arrest him.... they would be absolutely foolish to do it on Tuesday.  Not a chance. If they have the evidence and paperwork all ready to go, you go and issue an arrest warrant ASAP. 

How much of a flight risk he is will be interesting, so I'm not sure if they intend on issuing an arrest warrant in the hopes he turns himself in, or they go full on raid mode and go get him.  Either way.... they would be remarkably dumb to do it on Tuesday. 

Trump is going to use this as he always does to his advantage no matter what.  But do not do it on the Tuesday.  ASAP. 

He wants the 'protests' .. he is going to want to see violence because of this just like on Jan 6th.  
    What’s wrong with Tuesday? Isn’t it common for high profile people to arrange a time for them to turn themselves in? Even OJ, in a double murder, was allowed the luxury. Maybe this slid what happened. We’ll find out Tuesday I guess.

Do note its only he who is saying Tuesday. Grand Jury is still hearing witnesses.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    mace1229 said:
    why are they allowing him to post that he is getting arrested on tuesday? they need to arrest him today for 2 reasons

2: to mess with his head. make him think he has 3 more days to crime before he has to stop criming for a little bit
    Why is who allowing him? Doesn’t he own the platform he’s sharing on? That was the whole point of Truth, no censorship.
    his incompetent attorneys. that's who. i would have had his phone taken away from him if i were representing him.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    mace1229 said:

his incompetent attorneys. that's who. i would have had his phone taken away from him if i were representing him.

Because thats worked out so well for the myriad group who have gotten shafted by him thus far, right?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

Because thats worked out so well for the myriad group who have gotten shafted by him thus far, right?
    Honestly, it probably makes some business sense to represent him criminally.  You will likely get paid at some level, but it also gives you access to all of the tangential criminals in his sphere as well.  I mean, who wants to be a criminal defense attorney around a bunch of people who follow the law?  Basically, Trump is a loss leader for him. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    benjs said:
    I wonder if this is going to result in the legal system chasing one 'big dog' to set a precedent of intolerance, then generally laying low as more minor offences continue. I.e. let's prosecute the president for corruption, then the public sees that 'America cares', then they resume allowing more minor acts of corruption. Sort of a Martha Stewart of politics rather than insider trading.

We’re talkin about the stormy bribe? Yeah the crime itself might not be major like our typical NCIS story, but the result of the crime was far more grave. A bribe to deny the public the truth about a candidate’s immorality is massive, and could impact the power of the Supreme Court for 35 years

Almost all crimes don’t bear more significance to the majority of the public than this one.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    benjs said:

We’re talkin about the stormy bribe? Yeah the crime itself might not be major like our typical NCIS story, but the result of the crime was far more grave. A bribe to deny the public the truth about a candidate’s immorality is massive, and could impact the power of the Supreme Court for 35 years

Almost all crimes don’t bear more significance to the majority of the public than this one.
    But the criminal liability of that bribe is a falsification of a state of NY business filing. The criminal liability of that with regards to fines and jail time is peanuts. I think POOTWH is more concerned with Melania cutting his balls of and his ability to do business in NY. That’s why he should perp walk in and out, making a grandiose statement before the microphones, snapping his suit jacket and hopping into a black tinted window SUV. But he’s too much of a pussy to do that. It’ll take years to go to trial.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    benjs said:

But the criminal liability of that bribe is a falsification of a state of NY business filing. The criminal liability of that with regards to fines and jail time is peanuts. I think POOTWH is more concerned with Melania cutting his balls of and his ability to do business in NY. That’s why he should perp walk in and out, making a grandiose statement before the microphones, snapping his suit jacket and hopping into a black tinted window SUV. But he’s too much of a pussy to do that. It’ll take years to go to trial.
    Falsifying business records is a misdemeanor.  I would certainly hope there is a felony in here.  I wouldn't support this kind of grand jury nonsense for a misdemeanor. It wouldn't make any sense.  There has to be something around laundering, wire fraud or the like. 
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

Falsifying business records is a misdemeanor.  I would certainly hope there is a felony in here.  I wouldn't support this kind of grand jury nonsense for a misdemeanor. It wouldn't make any sense.  There has to be something around laundering, wire fraud or the like. 
    there is. that is why they are looking at applying RICO to the trump company in NY. they would not be going through all of this if they didn't have air tight evidence of a felony.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

Honestly, it probably makes some business sense to represent him criminally.  You will likely get paid at some level, but it also gives you access to all of the tangential criminals in his sphere as well.  I mean, who wants to be a criminal defense attorney around a bunch of people who follow the law?  Basically, Trump is a loss leader for him. 

ok. that makes a bunch of sense. I was putting it down to any press and notoriety is better than none?

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

ok. that makes a bunch of sense. I was putting it down to any press and notoriety is better than none?
    Well my answer was pretty tongue and cheek.  I'm sure he's a narcissist as well. 
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

there is. that is why they are looking at applying RICO to the trump company in NY. they would not be going through all of this if they didn't have air tight evidence of a felony.
    Rico is a federal statute. Does NY have a similar one?
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

seperate investigations. Theres this one in Manhattan related to The payoff. Theres the State tax/bank fraud case. Theres Fulton County , Ga case about election, theres the Spec Pros stuff. And whatever SDNY federal office might be looking into....

The payoff case, Cohen was receiving monthly amounts to pay it down, seems to me you could argue that each payment is a separate charge? outcome would bleed into state or federal charges as well I'd expect

the falsification of business records is the misdemeanor, but the cover up of the election crime is the felony.
    ikiT said:
    the falsification of business records is the misdemeanor, but the cover up of the election crime is the felony.
    I thought the feds decided no to pursue the coverup charge based on Edwards being charged and getting off? I realize it was a different DOJ with Bill DISbarred at the helm but I thought the Manhattan DA was going after the falsification of business records because the number of filings or the methods used resulted in the stiffest penalties that, to me anyway, weren’t all that severe. Regardless, it’s becoming complicated to follow with all the different investigations running simultaneously. There may have also been a concern about statute of limitations issues. IDK but LOCK HIM UP!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©

Source: Lawyer invited to testify before Trump grand jury
    By ERIC TUCKER
    Today

WASHINGTON (AP) — A lawyer who previously advised Michael Cohen, the key government witness in the hush money payment investigation into Donald Trump, has been invited to appear Monday before a Manhattan grand jury that is considering potential charges against the former president, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Robert Costello had advised Cohen before the two had a falling out, and is prepared to offer testimony to the grand jury attacking the credibility of Cohen's statements, according to the person, who insisted on anonymity to discuss secret legal proceedings.

Costello had contacted a lawyer for Trump saying that he had information that contradicted Cohen’s current statements and that could be exculpatory for Trump, the person said. The lawyer brought it to the attention of the district attorney’s office, which last week subpoenaed Costello’s law firm for records and invited him to provide testimony on Monday afternoon.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office declined to comment on Sunday. Prosecutors have not said when they expect to conclude their work or when or if Trump might be charged. The former president claimed in a post on Saturday that he would be arrested on Tuesday, though people close to him later said that he had been given no updates from prosecutors.

The New York Times first reported on Costello's expected appearance before the grand jury.

Cohen is a former lawyer and fixer for Trump who has been a key witness in District Attorney Alvin Bragg's investigation, meeting regularly with prosecutors and appearing before the grand jury earlier this month.

Cohen served prison time after pleading guilty in 2018 to federal charges, including campaign finance violations, for arranging the payouts to porn actor Stormy Daniels and model Karen McDougal to keep them from going public. Trump has denied the affairs.

Costello is a veteran New York lawyer who has represented Trump allies including his adviser Steve Bannon and his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani. Costello's connection to Cohen was highlighted in the report of special counsel Robert Mueller, who investigated links between Russia and Trump's 2016 presidential campaign as well as efforts to obstruct the probe.

According to the Mueller report, Cohen began speaking with Costello in April 2018, days after the FBI raided Cohen's home, hotel room and office. Amid public speculation about whether Cohen would begin cooperating with investigators, Costello emailed Cohen to reassure him that he had had a “Very Very Positive” conversation with Giuliani and that “you have friends in high places.”

Cohen has waived his attorney-client privilege with Costello, which would allow Costello to describe their conversations, the person said.

___

Follow Eric Tucker on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/etuckerAP

mickeyrat said:
    I’ll tune in to Faux News to hear the truth with my own ears and then I’ll do some research to confirm what they’re saying but everyone really should give POOTWH a break. It’s been a long time since it’s won so cut him some slack, eh?

Brilliantati©

mickeyrat said:
    they can't do shit to me because i am not a career criminal.

that is the thing these dim bulbs can't seem to comprehend.

plus i have integrity so all of my affairs with porn performers are on the up and up.

edited March 2023
    Post edited by ikiT on
    mace1229 said:

I'm sure they advised against him saying anything. But he's allowed to say what he wants.
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    Parksy said:

Do note its only he who is saying Tuesday. Grand Jury is still hearing witnesses.....
    Yes, I haven't heard anyone say Tuesday but Trump. The comment wasn't is it going to happen on Tuesday, it was asking why do you (can't remember if it was you or someone else who said it) think Tuesday is a bad idea?
    But it was said arresting him on Tuesday is a bad idea. I don't see why it's any different than any other day.
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    Parksy said:

Yes, I haven't heard anyone say Tuesday but Trump. The comment wasn't is it going to happen on Tuesday, it was asking why do you (can't remember if it was you or someone else who said it) think Tuesday is a bad idea?
    But it was said arresting him on Tuesday is a bad idea. I don't see why it's any different than any other day.
    News this morning that Trump's team is bringing a witness to the grand jury.  So the indictment can't be locked in yet. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

tax fraud....deducting payoffs to sluts as legal fees
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    Laugh GIFs  Tenor

This discussion has been closed.