Record Store Day April 22nd release of Pearl Jam's Give Way on Vinyl & CD. Clear vinyl Up @ 10club!

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    mcgruff10 said:
    Still one of my favorite boots of all time, This one sounds amazing on vinyl.  Too bad porch is cut short because this version is fire.  

Some odd years ago, I found that same thing EXCEPT the "SOMD" part wasn't X-rated, but maybe PG or PG-13.

... apparently I have a different release. I heard via the grapevine that I may have a test pressing of this SOMD edition.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    mcgruff10 said:
    Still one of my favorite boots of all time, This one sounds amazing on vinyl.  Too bad porch is cut short because this version is fire.  
    I have this as well. Love it!

My question then is what is the Give Way RSD sourced from? Is it the FM broadcast or tape?
    I have this LP. Great sound. I think I bought it for $27, and I saw one not too long ago sell on eBay for $170. Shame the bootleg will be more complete than the official release, but Pearl Jam does this far too often. Orpheum 1994, Chicago 1995, Easy Street etc.

Isn't part of the reason because the tapes have to be flipped in the mix, thus the shows are incomplete...whereas the audience recordings are mixed from various tapers?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    edited March 2023
    Never taken part in any RSD before but I want this one! What's the deal? DO I need to find a store that is participating and like queue from 6am????
    Not to sound like Captain Obvious, but it really depends on where you are and the demand.  I'm south of Nashville and we took the kids to the zoo the Saturday Live on Two Legs was released for RSD. Store opened at 10:00 that morning and I got there around 4:00 or 5:00 later that day and had no issues picking one up as there were still a quite a few copies left.  They even still had some Sweet Relief vinyls left as well.  I keep going looking to see if the Singles soundtrack ever shows up there on vinyl, but no luck there yet, lol.
    But with Give Way being as rare as it is and never actually released yet, who knows, I may not be so lucky....

Indeed it depends on location.

My local neighborhood store was just a few blocks from the gay pride parade. Naturally, between people being occupied there and I'm sure others had concerns over traffic.

I rolled up to my store about 15 minutes early. I was the first one in line and they let me in about 5-10 minutes early.

They had 10 copies of LO2L.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Someone over @ reddit was able to place a pre order for a copy, online.  :| 
    A month till RSD!

newburycomics

One month until RSD 2023 🎉 Record Store Day is an annual event that celebrates the culture of independent record stores like Newbury Comics! Special Vinyl releases are made exclusively for the day (April 22nd) and are sold only at participating stores. Releases are wicked limited, so shop early for best selection! Titles on the way from The Cure, Taylor Swift, Steve Nicks, and more. Stay turned for sneak peeks 👀

Limited RSD titles will be available online Sunday 4/23 @ 8am ET at NewburyComics.com.

#recordstoreday #newburycomics #vinyl #newrelease #limitededition #taylorswift #thecure #stevienicks #billyjoel #beachhouse #gratefuldead #eltonjohn #macmiller #milesdavis #pearljam #recordcollection #indierecordstore

• LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 195
    I can't wait. That looks sweeeeeet!

Indeed it is. 3 weeks from today will be lined up to pick up one of these goodies. 
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    edited April 2023
    demetrios said:

Indeed it is. 3 weeks from today will be lined up to pick up one of these goodies. 
    Me 2 I ve been waiting for this 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    My store just announced they won't be participating in RSD this time.  First time in maybe 10 years I think.  Their turnout is always good.  I do remember a lot of angry folks last year tho who lined up for a certain pop star's release.  Maybe that caused this.  

Hopefully 10C sells some variants!  
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Wonder if the Newbury will be a variant 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    edited April 2023
    Wonder how many pressing of the LP will be released?
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    My store just announced they won't be participating in RSD this time.  First time in maybe 10 years I think.  Their turnout is always good.  I do remember a lot of angry folks last year tho who lined up for a certain pop star's release.  Maybe that caused this.  

Hopefully 10C sells some variants!  

I wonder why that is?  That's a bummer.   Where I live we only have one store that seems to do a decent job at RSD.  If you go to the RSD Canada homepage it lists a closed store as participating (one that barely ever got rsd titles in.. or if they did, would get a handful of random euro pressings a few month after rsd actually occurred).

I'm thankful we have one store that does it (out of the half a dozen or so record stores we have here).   Would suck if they stopped :(
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Yeah its a shame.  This one does it really well.  Small store but they handle a huge crowd.  Single file line.  You get your turn then you go straight to the cash register.  

Most of what I want should be easy to get online but it's always fun to lineup at like 5 and talk music
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Forgot what day this was, now I'm going to be on vacation that weekend. I'll be close to Orlando, anyone know of any good stores in that area?
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 542
    Theres a live version of Do the Evolution from this show under video section click on inside
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
    Sirens4 said:
    Theres a live version of Do the Evolution from this show under video section click on inside

Sweet! :)

"Do The Evolution" Live in Melbourne, Australia
    March 5th, 1998
    The Ten Club is releasing this never-before seen performance of “Do The Evolution” from Pearl Jam’s infamous Give Way performance in Melbourne Australia, on March 5th, 1998. Watch the full-length clip in the “Inside” video page on pearljam.com

WATCH HERE

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    demetrios said:
    Sirens4 said:

March 5th, 1998
    The Ten Club is releasing this never-before seen performance of “Do The Evolution” from Pearl Jam’s infamous Give Way performance in Melbourne Australia, on March 5th, 1998. Watch the full-length clip in the “Inside” video page on pearljam.com

WATCH HERE

Awesome, great clip! Now, release footage of the whole show. Cmon TC you know you want to! I was at the first Melbourne show of that leg. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    mattcoz said:
    Forgot what day this was, now I'm going to be on vacation that weekend. I'll be close to Orlando, anyone know of any good stores in that area?
    Rock and Roll Heaven. It lives up to the name. One of my all time favorite places.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Also Park Ave cds in Orlando.
    demetrios said:
    Sirens4 said:

March 5th, 1998

WATCH HERE

Awesome, great clip! Now, release footage of the whole show. Cmon TC you know you want to! I was at the first Melbourne show of that leg. 

Yes please!!!