Options

Record Store Day April 22nd release of Pearl Jam's Give Way on Vinyl & CD. Clear vinyl Up @ 10club!

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    Hit us with some yellow and green vinyl! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,977

Oh boy! Now that be something! Boxing kangaroo picture vinyl. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023

• Options
    Hit us with some yellow and green vinyl! 
    Go Pack Go! 💚💛💚💛
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Options
    squiressquires Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the 10C shop will have this for sale?
    I have wished for so long, now I wish for you today.
  • Options
    squires said:

They probably will. Maybe a variant vinyl release?

• Options

• Options
    demetrios said:
    squires said:

BRING ON THE VARIANT CD with hidden tracks! 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,865
    demetrios said:
    squires said:

Has there ever been a variant for a record store release from them? I don't think so but I can't remember ...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj said:
    demetrios said:
    squires said:

Has there ever been a variant for a record store release from them? I don't think so but I can't remember ...

Live On Two Legs last year was a golden 10club variant. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    demetrios said:
    a5pj said:
    demetrios said:
    squires said:

Live On Two Legs last year was a golden 10club variant. 
    Yup! I'd completely forgotten that I bought one until I was looking through my vinyl last night.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880
    'Red' live at easy street
  • Options
    LFG!!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pjcampjcam Posts: 54
    Can anyone pick up a +1 for this a Canadian?  I already know my record store will not have one on Saturday. 
  • Options
    StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 916
    edited April 2023

Somewhere in this stack of boxes that arrived at my local record store today is Give Way. I hope I am lucky enough to secure a copy! 
    Post edited by StardogChamp79 on
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,572
    OK guys. this is the 1st time am gonna try for this RSD. Local shop will have 10 copies (and have had a lot of interest) - now do I pull an all-nighter, queue from 5am (as recommended by the store owner) to try and get this record or will it just drop on 10c??? Id hate to go through all that effort just to have a variant drop here! 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,377
    I believe this record will be available after record day due to the quantities pressed. Even with no 10 club version.

I think there will be a 10 Club versions, but I recall last year people being salty about it coming out BEFORE RSD...so maybe not before?
  • Options
    OK guys. this is the 1st time am gonna try for this RSD. Local shop will have 10 copies (and have had a lot of interest) - now do I pull an all-nighter, queue from 5am (as recommended by the store owner) to try and get this record or will it just drop on 10c??? Id hate to go through all that effort just to have a variant drop here! 
    Likely can score on-line sales after. Otherwise get a coffee, chair, book and wait. Fun talking to the other maniacs. I met a zombie waiting for rsd once!
  • Options
    pjcam said:
    Can anyone pick up a +1 for this a Canadian?  I already know my record store will not have one on Saturday. 

What's the name of your local record store? Taz Records here will have copies. No idea how many they will have in stock early Saturday morning.

easystreetrecords

Just one of the titles this @recordstoredayus. Available this Saturday, Exclusive, one day only! We open at 7am! Here’s RSD Ambassador alum @mikemccreadypj checking it out for the 1st time. Inspection 100% ✅ m.m.
    Recorded during Pearl Jam’s March 5 1998 Melbourne Park show during the Australian tour in support of their fifth studio album Yield, the highly sought after Give Way is released on vinyl for the first time as well as officially released on CD. The 17-track album, pressed on double black vinyl and housed in a gatefold sleeve, includes live versions of “Given To Fly”, “Faithfull” and “Do The Evolution.” The CD, originally scheduled for release in 1998 as a promotional item, never saw the light of day outside of an extremely limited number surfacing over the years...until now.

The title of this Record Store Day 2023 release, Give Way, is a nod to the Australian counterpart to the United States’ yield sign."

U can see Mike w his other band @rockfordsband at 7pm Sat Apr 22

• Options
    rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    There's a spot on the west side of Chicago known for having decent numbers of RSD orders, pretty good sized record store, quick 20 minute bus ride for me.  Wouldn't be a problem if I got up just a little early and wait out in the 35-40 degree cold for several hours.  However there's also a Wilco LP "Crosseyed Strangers: An Alternate Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" with only 4500 copies released.  That sounds like an all nighter, especially in Chicago where Wilco is pretty big.  

I've been looking out in the suburbs, and there's this place where the owner expressed concern with people spending 10-12 hours straight in near-freezing temps that he's going to take whoever's in line at 10 pm, give them numbered tickets and let them go home and warm up and get some sleep.  He's got another staff member stopping by the store to give out more numbered tickets 3 times during the night, then they have the official RSD open at like 8am, when people will form up according to their numbers. I gotta say, it might be worth the hourlong trip out there to do it, stay at my mom's overnight after getting my 10pm numbered ticket, then just casually move to the front-ish part of the line and get both the Wilco and the Melbourne show.

Gotta say, that dude in the suburbs has a good system down, really nails the whole spirit of the RSD concept.  The store on the west side in the city is great but I'm not going through that pain of the all nighter.  I was able to find the FLACS from the Melbourne show, so it really comes down to that Wilco LP - and there's a Motorhead show from 1984 on 2xLP, a random Sun Ra show, an early Husker Du show, and some Miles Davis, Pixies... gotta watch my wallet!
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    rrebern said:
    There's a spot on the west side of Chicago known for having decent numbers of RSD orders, pretty good sized record store, quick 20 minute bus ride for me.  Wouldn't be a problem if I got up just a little early and wait out in the 35-40 degree cold for several hours.  However there's also a Wilco LP "Crosseyed Strangers: An Alternate Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" with only 4500 copies released.  That sounds like an all nighter, especially in Chicago where Wilco is pretty big.  

I've been looking out in the suburbs, and there's this place where the owner expressed concern with people spending 10-12 hours straight in near-freezing temps that he's going to take whoever's in line at 10 pm, give them numbered tickets and let them go home and warm up and get some sleep.  He's got another staff member stopping by the store to give out more numbered tickets 3 times during the night, then they have the official RSD open at like 8am, when people will form up according to their numbers. I gotta say, it might be worth the hourlong trip out there to do it, stay at my mom's overnight after getting my 10pm numbered ticket, then just casually move to the front-ish part of the line and get both the Wilco and the Melbourne show.

Gotta say, that dude in the suburbs has a good system down, really nails the whole spirit of the RSD concept.  The store on the west side in the city is great but I'm not going through that pain of the all nighter.  I was able to find the FLACS from the Melbourne show, so it really comes down to that Wilco LP - and there's a Motorhead show from 1984 on 2xLP, a random Sun Ra show, an early Husker Du show, and some Miles Davis, Pixies... gotta watch my wallet!
    Which suburb is this other store located in?
  • Options
    rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    mvw said:
    rrebern said:

Which suburb is this other store located in?
    Batavia, IL - "Kiss The Sky"
  • Options
    Still debating whether to make effort for this RSD. I never have in the past. Would love a Give Way though. Decisions Decisions. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 605
    Do I go out early for this on Saturday morning or is 10c going to drop a variant??? Hmm decisions decisions...
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Do I go out early for this on Saturday morning or is 10c going to drop a variant??? Hmm decisions decisions...
    Yes & yes
  • Options
    Still debating whether to make effort for this RSD. I never have in the past. Would love a Give Way though. Decisions Decisions. 
    Yes
  • Options
    NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 133
    Debating whether to get out early (nice and early and pick this up). I really want to but don’t want to be disappointed if I miss out. Not sure what RSD is like here in Aus!? and how early to line up if necessary. A store I buy from is a good drive (45mins). 

Popcultcha in Geelong tends to get all the RSD releases and sells them online. They still have both the 2021 and 2022 Pearl Jam RSD releases available to order.  JBHifi also stocks the RSD releases if there is one near you 
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • Options
    StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 916
    edited April 2023
    Rumor has it my store only got 16 copies. I'll line up at 2 am.
  • Options
    Nikto said:
    Debating whether to get out early (nice and early and pick this up). I really want to but don’t want to be disappointed if I miss out. Not sure what RSD is like here in Aus!? and how early to line up if necessary. A store I buy from is a good drive (45mins). 

Popcultcha in Geelong tends to get all the RSD releases and sells them online. They still have both the 2021 and 2022 Pearl Jam RSD releases available to order.  JBHifi also stocks the RSD releases if there is one near you 
    Oh really! Near me there’s like a JB on every corner. They’re like Bunnings and McDonalds. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14