The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    edited March 2023
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    Rumor the rumorless 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,092
    Matt rumored to be Foos drummer on upcoming tour. That means nada for PJ in 2023. 
    While I love the Foo Fighters, I really hope MFC doesn't replace Taylor. It wouldn't necessarily mean no tour dates for PJ this year. But it would negate the rumored PJ September shows.
  • PhilLeotardoPhilLeotardo Posts: 78
    edited March 2023
    Atom Willard is also supposedly filling in for FF.

Matt kind of thrives on the intensity of it all. At Encore, he sat in with Brandi Carlisle, Joe Wong and NHC in addition to PJ. So wear and tear probably isn’t an issue. If Foo only has (16) shows fairly spaced out, with MC doing 12ish, the workaround for PJ shouldn’t be that big of a deal either.

Although he did navigate Covid since then
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Matt rumored to be Foos drummer on upcoming tour. That means nada for PJ in 2023. 
    While I love the Foo Fighters, I really hope MFC doesn't replace Taylor. It wouldn't necessarily mean no tour dates for PJ this year. But it would negate the rumored PJ September shows.
    It would not negate that in my opinion.  There are only 4 FF dates in Sept., easy to work around, and the FF rumor is a rotation between MC and the other dude anyway.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,092
    It would not negate that in my opinion.  There are only 4 FF dates in Sept., easy to work around, and the FF rumor is a rotation between MC and the other dude anyway.  
    Currently. And they're every weekend that month. With one of them having them out of the country on a weekend that PJ was rumored to be playing. So, while not impossible, highly unlikely.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    & who's to say MC would be doing the whole tour & not just the first leg or so?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    & who's to say MC would be doing the whole tour & not just the first leg or so?
    He might just be biting at the bit to get out on the road hence go out on the road with FF, we just don’t know the inner workings of this band or FF after all they are all friends, 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    JimmyV said:
    The first two signed mystery posters we've seen make it unlikely they were all together signing them in a studio. I didn't really think they were, but that suggestion has been made. 
    I was hanging my hat on that idea... What about the posters makes you say that?
    Maybe just maybe one of the band members doesn’t want to go touring until next year! 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Man this thread is amazing.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    verceman said:
    JimmyV said:
    The first two signed mystery posters we've seen make it unlikely they were all together signing them in a studio. I didn't really think they were, but that suggestion has been made. 
    One of them doesn't seem to have Boom while the others so far appear to.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:
    verceman said:
    JimmyV said:
    One of them doesn't seem to have Boom while the others so far appear to.
    some of them with Boom's on them might have been ones signed while on tour and not given out to tour crew. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Didn't the item description say these were from JA's archive?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Yes it did.

The question was when did they get signed, before going into the archive or after. There was a theory that Jeff pulled a hundred posters and brought them to a recent recording session for signing. I'm skeptical that is what happened. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    PJNB said:
    Man this thread is amazing.
    amazing...ly disappointing. 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 427
    If Matt ends up touring with FF I'm sure PJ will just rehire Dave A
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    Made me think for a second 'what does Jane's Addiction have to do with all this...' facepalm 
  • I can see FF having multiple drummers during their tour
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961
    edited March 2023
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    JimmyV said:
    Second halves of recent election years:

2022 - A short run of September shows, done by October
    2020 - Supposedly there were plans, but nothing was ever announced and it was wiped out by COVID
    2018 - A few summer shows, done by September
    2016 - A few summer shows, done by September
    2014 - An October run of shows
    2012 - Three September festivals, a Jon Tester benefit in Missoula, and an Oracle secret show in early October - Ed on the road in November and early December making up shows originally scheduled for May
    2010 - Two Bridge School dates in late October
    2008 - No Pearl Jam shows, Ed on the road in August

The 2020 was all but announced. One of the guys (Stone?) mentioned something about "big plans" and even mentioned a few of the cities in the mix.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 105
    Wow. 80 pages that resemble anything close to a true rumor thread. These are sad times indeed.. How I wish for the days from 1998 thru 2016 again. The last 7 years are even more depressing, check that, above and beyond more suck ass than 1994 thru 1997, and twice as long to boot, when we as fans who remember the last time we went thru shit like this.

And I get it, the boys dont owe us shit, they can and will do things on their terms  as they have from the days they realized they could. I respect that, and Im truly grateful for everything this band has given me and pretty much has been the soundtrack for my time on this planet. We pretty much grew up together from the first time I heard the opening riff of Alive at 3 am Christmas morning in 1991 on WMMR when I was 20 years old without me even knowing it at the time. Shit wasnt planned, just turned out the way. I consider myself blessed cause i like a lot bands, many from around the time I was born in 71, so those guys were fucking awesome, but they were old to me as a kid and a teenager, they were my parents age, nothing wrong with that either, but PJ was the band that I was able to step in adulthood with, mature with, make mistakes with, meet my future wife and fall in love with, have children and raise those children with, watch close childhood friends die way too young with, go thru a divorce with, 9/11 witth, 50 plus tail gates with, life so far with. With every new song, new album, concert the boys put out over the years, came at a point in my life that when I hear that song, listen to that bootleg, see a PJ bumper sticker on a window or go thru my shoebox of old tickerstubs, it takes me to some point in my life and I can see it plain as day like it was happening again. Had no idea that this , me maturing and learning and sometimes fucking up would coincide with a band that just turned out to be doing the same thing in its process as a band. And the music that came from that just for whatever reason, I dont fucking know, I feel a connection that I dont feel with anyone else that I never personally met. Probably not making any sense to you if you even got this far reading this crap, sorry lol. 

We kjnew it was ticketmaster back then and can pretty much say it was covid this go around for the most part. Fears that the band was breaking up then were rampant an justifiilable as many bands from the so called grunge era either already did or were on a hiatus all the while "grunge" was on  he decline in general with the new bands going in a different direction in mid late 90's. Then the boys opened up for The Stones for all four nights in Oakland in Novemeber of 1997, and it was like a fuck yeah, thank God sensation that came over me when I got the phone call from a buddy of mine who was the motherfucker took me to my first PJ show at The Troc, Philly 92, and was at the time living there. Internet was still a baby, and I couldnt even type back then let alone even know how to even turn a computer on. 

So thats how we got our news and rumors back then before the fan club news letter showed up in our mailboxes. Like the mail box on the front of your house lol. Said he made into one show, heard the soundcheck for all four, and the new songs were, and Ill quote him, GOD TIER. Lol, turned out he was right and the boys just confirmirmed what my friend said to me on the phone with Yield and the tour to support it. They were fucking back and were about to take me on a ride that Im still on to this day.

Well you can count this post as just another "not a rumor" post  in the rumor thread. Probably the worst offender so far. lol.

When I went to the Asbury Park show, I dont know, just wasnt the same. Ive been to 50 something shows now and I try not to rank them because its just too hard, and being from Philly and been to every show around here since 92, I know Im spoiled as fuck. Sorry, dont hate me lol. But they're all awesome in their own way to me and like I said earlier, been the soundtrack to my life since the age of 20. 

But Asbury Park comes in at number 55 , just had to recount them to maker sure I had correct the number of shows ive been too lol, every time someone asks me what was my favorite, top ten,, whatever. No one ever asks me which was the worst, thought never even popped in my head until this show in 2021.

Best show ever? In my head, Asbury Park last.

Top 10 shows you been too?  No idea, but Asbury Park, dead last, in my head, thinking this while not even thin
    king about the the possible top ten.

Every single time. Even feel embarrassed by this show. Fucking stupid right? Why should I ? Took a friend from work to this show , his first, and he was excited because in our 19 years of working together, most of the time being partners putting up high rise concrete buildings and changing the Philly skyline together, excited because he says I converted him And I did. He thjought PJ had broken up and only had one good album, blah blah, blah, and spending as much time we did together, inside and outside of work.over the past 19 years, is now an avid fan. Heard my stories of epic shows and never the same setlits and so on and even stayed sober for the first time in his 55 years of life to go to a concert because he wanted to remember it. Show was like 20 songs and less than 2 hours long and from I remeber, think five songs of the new album to open the show. Fuck. He thinks Im an asshole now.

Eh, maybe just the first show back from covid Im thinking days later, and im not going to sugar coat it, in my opinion, sucked. Never had this feeling before about a PJ show. Fucking sucked. WTF? That really just happened?

And then I manage to blow my "first show after covid " theory out of the water because I start thinking about 1998 and that tour and how the boys from the first show kicked every one square in the balls with a fuck you look in their eyes and went on a tear for the next 18 fucking years..

And the remaining shows after Abury Park seemed way too short. Nothing special, blah, blah, blah. WTF is going on. oh shit, its over. WTF? Oh how spoiled I had become. 

Side note, wife bought home a computer right after Christmas 97 with windows 98 on it that i couldnt even half ass operate until sometime in the mid 2000"s but  she would always get me on the fan club pearl thing and then have to help me almost every time get thru it, but I  was so excited because I was getting setlists, reviews, everything, from fans, like day after the show.. Not waiting on the newsletter that came in the mail or maybe a phone call every few months lol.

You still reading this crap LOL? Well if you made it this far, you're about to get the moral of this blatant not a rumor post in a rumor thread.

Every show by the boys since Asbury Park, IMO, was a big uh oh. Its not the same. They'r scaling back. The passion is gone. Is everyone doing a fucking side project? They're going to break up. Cant believe this how its going to end.. Fuck.

Totally forgot that the boys always have and always will do things on their own terms. And god dammit, its always with the fans best interests  in mind, weather we see it right away or not. 

So with that being said, I aint seeing the benefit to the fans with these short shows. Actually, I'm pretty pissed. Selfish and spoiled as fuck.

Camden 22 gets announced after Baltimore gets scrapped. Missed out on both NYC and Baltimore back in 2020, and was still pissed about that, WTF??!!? And what the fuck is up with no Philly show and only 1 NYC ? Ive been in fan club since April 92 for fucks sake but my membership did lapse in 2014 into  2015 due to being distracted with a bunch a personal crap lol, but in my mind, In have seniority, from fucking 1992 ( but I dont anymore) and to quote Cartman,  10 club better RESPECT MY SENIORITY lol. Even tho seniority pretty much became irrelevant in 2010 or some shit right? 

And now after just typing that, just realized this was pre covid when the 2020 tour was announced. East coast, only 2 shows? No Philly? We always get shows. Always.

Boston has been skipped before (because they suck) , but not us. 

And only 1 NYC show ?. HUH? Always two shows, assholes or not, there is a lot of them up there.

And the other in Baltimore. Ok , cool, confused, but cool.They'll be adding at least second shows in both cities I thought.

Actually, thats the show I wanted, Baltimore, badly. Saw the boys in that arena before, and it was incredible. Awesome smaller than usual available seats in an arena, around 10K, and the  acoustics were almost Spectrum level in quality. I really really wanted that one because, well here it is, fuck new york. 

Fuck NEW YORK.

Sorry, but those three words must be repeated once said. Its a rule. Its a Philly thing, you wont understand if you aint from here.

FUCK NEW  YORK.

Lol, one more time for good measure, rule only says it has to be repeated., as in one time. But the rule on multiple repeats is left up the discretion of the person saying it. See, you're actually learning something that you can use on your next PJ in Philly and gain instant respect and acceptance from the locals. Hell, you may even be able to fake it as an OG if you can learn how to say the word "water" the way its supposed to be said. 

Why fuck ny you ask? As stated before, lots of assholes up there, worst part is, mostly transplant assholes now, who think theyre city tuff now because they live there for a couple years but in reality come from so other suburb outside of any major city you think of in the US thats full of rich snobby entitled jerk offs who wouldnt make it 5 blocks in any city on foot lol. Fuck New York. Even the true New Yorkers cant stand these assholes over running their city and taking up all the good sears at Yankee Stadium decked out in freshly bought Yankee gear and claim to be life long Yankee fans but are nothing more than frauds who couldnt name the current starting pitching rotation.with a gun to their head and life on the line. LOL. Yeah FUCK NY. 

And the acoustics at MSG sucks and have always sucked ass. So even if you're but butt hurt about my rip on NYC, you can at least admit, MSG isnt the best place to see a show, sound wise. Like echos in an empty warehouse in many parts of that dump. 

Still here? Got of track I know, but I never liked NYC lol. 

So ok, missed out of both and only 2 east cost shows, and I dont travel all over to see concerts, dont have too lol, get plenty here between DC and Boston, spoiled as fuck, I know, lol, and for the first time since 92 im going to miss a PJ show, well not seeing at least one show, that came anywhere close to I 95 on the North East. Fuck. Why. Its over is my firsgt thoughts.

But then, the 2020 are scheduled shows are announced. 

And Camden.

Haha, a fucking Philly show. No fucking way they skip us. Best crowds they play for in North America, every single tour, year in year out, Ill quote Eddie, Phjilly gives back. They just give back. No one comes close. So order is being restored. Its going to be ok.

But, still getting short sets on the tour, live shows dont seem the same. So Im thankful we got a show, still thinking, its winding down, and they may just call it quits.

So grab two seats and take my now 27 year old daughter to her first show. She already is a fan, no need for conversion here like my friend from work, just finally got the chance to take her to a show, and was beyond happy. Im not hyping it up like I did to my friend because I dont want to feel let down by the show that im thinking is going to follow the course of every show so far on the tour.

I forgot Ive been hyping her up for this moment since birth lol. I aint gotta say shit. And Im scared that she may be let down or something, i dont know.

So out in the parking lot  with friends tailgating who also going to show, along with my converted PJ fan  friend from work and his wife, his second, her first. I admit I was confused when he told me he also had seats thru the fan club and not lawn, which is what i assumed he had.

Turns out he joined the fan club after the Asbury Park show and it never came up in our conversations because I thought the show wasnt what I made it out it was going to be.and never really talked much about it. Right after the Asbury Park show, he got hurt on the job, and ended up having to retire early. So we didnt see each other every day like we did for 19 years..

Called me a week before the show to see if I was going and I said of course, me and my daughter are, he said, so am I with my wife, well meet up in the parking lot. Cool as fuck I thought to myself, hes a true fan now. So were in the parking lot drinking before the show bbq'ing all that good shit and Asbury Park comes up and he is telling stories to everyone about that show in detail and how awesome it was and he joined the fan club right after and bought the new album because tho he didnt know any of those songs but he liked them on his first listen live at he show and how he over the past year pretty much dove into every album PJ had released because he now had all this time on his hands from at first being laid up in the hospital for a month to never being to return to work and doing physical therapy for the last year and how the music just helped him thru it all. I was totally and completley blown away by this. How could my thoughts of this show been so fucking negative? I felt like a complete and total asshole. 

********fucking post is over a thousand characters to long to post, so continued in next post LOL  ************

'92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 AC 09.30, AC 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14

• Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 105

Called me a week before the show to see if I was going and I said of course, me and my daughter are, he said, so am I with my wife, well meet up in the parking lot. Cool as fuck I thought to myself, hes a true fan now. So were in the parking lot drinking before the show bbq'ing all that good shit and Asbury Park comes up and he is telling stories to everyone about that show in detail and how awesome it was and he joined the fan club right after and bought the new album because tho he didnt know any of those songs but he liked them on his first listen live at he show and how he over the past year pretty much dove into every album PJ had released because he now had all this time on his hands from at first being laid up in the hospital for a month to never being to return to work and doing physical therapy for the last year and how the music just helped him thru it all. I was totally and completley blown away by this. How could my thoughts of this show been so fucking negative? I felt like a complete and total asshole. 

But I was also so fucking happy that for once in my life that I kept these opinions to myself. Its been a slow process, but a steady one of learning to , if you aint going nothing nice to say, dont say anything. Unless its about NYC. Lol.

The fear of my daughter having a bad show because of the bands current touring practices and me hyping them over the years was now gone. She was so excited and I almost fucked it up by telling her about  what I thought about  the Asbury Park ishow in the parking lot before going inside. Then I drifted off in thought what if me and my buddy from work had talked about my true feelings of the show afterwards on the way home. Then he gets hurt at work and my opinion of his first show is ruined by my selfish and entitled opinions on the way home and then isnt brought up again because we were not seeing each other on a daily basis? Does he dive in PJ the way he did with all that unexpected time he now had on his hands? Is he at the Camden show talking about Asbury Park that made me in turn not saying anything to my daughter? 

Well, all that being said, we end up seeing the best fucking show PJ put on the entire tour. Length, awesome set list, incredible passionate fucking corwd that sang along in unison loudly with every fucking song they played that night, even the new ones and the obscure ones, as is par for the course in Philly. And me not expecting any of it. And it had two extra peoiple that night , had a tear in my eye after me my daughter and my buddy sang every word to Hard To Imagine and on top of it my daughter pointing out how she loved the new ending to song. Get the fuck outta here I thought to myself, she knows the songs just as well, if nit better than I do.And my buddies wife is now sold on PJ and has dove in head first. We will all be together for as many shows as the boys decide to do in the future when they play Philly. Njumbers 56, 3, 2 and 2 for us. Cant fucking wait.

Moral of this story? I lied, there isnt one. Just wanted to get this off my chest for a while now, lol. Dont want to tell my new concert buddies a story they dont need to hear. Theyre at that point where we all once were,Feeling the crest of that wave breaking just right and just knowing that you got a fucking good one, and its going to take you al,l the way back to shore one way or the other. I need to be reminded of that. 

Oh, for future rumor threads, lets just say its safe to say it and a rumor thread until our own version of Jimmy The Greek, otherwise known as DIMI stops in and says hello lol. Hope to hear from you soon buddy. I think we will.
    '92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 AC 09.30, AC 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    A new record for longest post has been set! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    tl;dr
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    I’m happy for you tho
    Or sorry that happened
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Wait… so you're saying you don’t like New Yorkers?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I ll never travel far an outdoor show again after Chicago 2018 
    No good?
    The massive thunderstorm that hit before the show.  We had no clue if the show was going to happen. For me, there are just Too many variables with outdoor stadium shows.  
    Yeah, Chicago has had it hard with Pearl Jam and weather over the years. 
    It will definitely be better at a venue that was built for concerts and not a venue built for baseball in 1900. Probably 15k on the field alone they were looking out for. I will definitely be traveling for Northerly and already booked hotels!
    I wouldn't call Northerly a "venue that was built for concerts." Yeah, they slapped it together to have concerts there. But IMO, it's one of the worst venues to see a show. A lot of ppl avoid it like the plague. I honestly have a hard time imagining PJ playing there.
    It’s a terrible venue
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    Someone had a good St Paddy’s day....or maybe a bad one 
    So was that a complaint of the band not touring or a complaint against NY fans? I got half way till the F NY points 😂😂😂