Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    jjflash said:
    What's been the time lapse for recent tours b/t the announcement and verbiage on announcement re: " fan club tix for 10C members as of __"? Knowing that may help suss out how long it may be before Santos's hint about good-day-to-make-sure-membership-is-active comes to fruition :pensive:
    If no announcement today - next logical explanation is the newsletter yesterday was a replacement newsletter, as Monday April 10th would be used as a tour announcement day with 10c sale during week and public onsale Friday AM
    Don’t want to believe this but it sounds reasonable.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    Poncier said:
    Looks like I got up early on my day off for nothing.

That is what I immediately thought of too!
    Happy birthday! Sorry we didn't have better news for you.
    Thanks, it just builds up the excitement! Who knows, maybe they randomly send it at 3:12 or something.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,423
    edited April 2023
    Santos could have said “this week” instead of today in his post boooo
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    jjflash said:
    What's been the time lapse for recent tours b/t the announcement and verbiage on announcement re: " fan club tix for 10C members as of __"? Knowing that may help suss out how long it may be before Santos's hint about good-day-to-make-sure-membership-is-active comes to fruition :pensive:
    If no announcement today - next logical explanation is the newsletter yesterday was a replacement newsletter, as Monday April 10th would be used as a tour announcement day with 10c sale during week and public onsale Friday AM
    Is it not a longer turnaround? 

I'm unfamiliar w/ the new system, but in the lottery days, they would give the 10C a week to get their entries in, do the 10C ticket draw, and then public onsale the second Friday after the announcement. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,678
    darman said:
    I recall getting stuck at the UC in 09. The busses were all filled, couldn’t get a cab, and we missed the blue line. We decided to start walking back and shit got sketchy after a few blocks. we hooked up with another couple who were in the same situation.  Pretty sure a cab eventually picked us up and got us back to our hotel safely.  The cab driver told us, “you do not belong out here walking these streets” Good times. Lol
    Same thing happened to us in Rome. Can situation was NUTS. We started walking hoping we. Like find a cab outside the cab line. Ended up finding another couple that were at our hotel doing the same thing. Got sketchy but worth it for that concert
    Hahaha, Rome was nuts.  Wife, daughter and I ended up walking all the way back to the hotel that night.  Not ideal...but what a story.

Same. Wife and I walked nearly back to Roma Termini. Took forever, like an hour and a half, but there was not a single cab.

Same.  We stayed near there.  My brother and I did the walk back.  It least it is a cool city to walk through.  
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    jjflash said:
    Is it not a longer turnaround? 

I'm unfamiliar w/ the new system, but in the lottery days, they would give the 10C a week to get their entries in, do the 10C ticket draw, and then public onsale the second Friday after the announcement. 
    2022 was Monday March 14th announcement with 10c Presale open 3/14 through Sunday 3/20.  Members active as of Sunday 3/13 were eligible.  Winners drawn for 10c Monday 3/21
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,878
    Kevinman said:
    jjflash said:
    I just looked back thru recent tour announcements (of which there aren't that many;) and for the '18 European tour the announcement listed the 'members-active-as-of-date' as the day before. So....maybe the news gets unveiled today ::fingers crossed::

Assuming the recent clues are legit, the PJ camp has does an impressively good job on keeping a tight lid on things.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,949
    Yesterdays 2nd email was at 1:36. So, there is still time.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    It seems to be different for everyone. I didn't get the 2nd until after 4p ct.
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    So you're saying there's a chance?
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,949
    Interesting. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,940
    Is there a more annoying band to be a fan of the last few years? 😂 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    But it goes up on socials first so the email time may not be relevant 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    Looks like some previous tours (2014 I believe) email announcements came after 2pm eastern.  I’m just saying there’s still a chance.  
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    I got the second email at 3:21 AM EST this morning!
  • Options
    machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,086
    Yesterday’s Santos post really feels like announcing today. Maybe they didn’t want to get lost in the news cycle and changed their mind,
    or maybe it’s still coming. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 365
    ...slowly closes 9 internet browser tabs...sad  :s 
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    jjflash said:
    Kevinman said:
    jjflash said:
    I just looked back thru recent tour announcements (of which there aren't that many;) and for the '18 European tour the announcement listed the 'members-active-as-of-date' as the day before. So....maybe the news gets unveiled today ::fingers crossed::

Assuming the recent clues are legit, the PJ camp has does an impressively good job on keeping a tight lid on things.
    The members active date to order tickets is always the day before the actual announcement, so it doesn’t really matter what gets posted here or Facebook about having your membership up to date.

it just has to be up to date the day before whenever the tour announcement actually happens.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Interesting. 
    May have been just me. But I noticed other people posting on FB that they had just received it well after others had already posted about it. They may just not have noticed it until then. But I know I felt it odd that everyone else had received this email except me, until it finally came.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,404
    Kwieneke said:
    For what it’s worth, last year I got the email at 2:01 eastern time 
    T minus 26 minutes!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,878

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    Interesting. 
    May have been just me. But I noticed other people posting on FB that they had just received it well after others had already posted about it. They may just not have noticed it until then. But I know I felt it odd that everyone else had received this email except me, until it finally came.
    My wife got the first email yesterday at least 30 minutes before I did.
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Damn, so much excitement for this upcoming Painted Shield tour....
  • Options
    I have so much shit to do. But I feel like, the minute I leave my computer, they're gonna drop the bomb.
  • Options
    I have so much shit to do. But I feel like, the minute I leave my computer, they're gonna drop the bomb.
    +1

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    UtahBolt said:
    Damn, so much excitement for this upcoming Painted Shield tour....
    I would love to get that announcement too!
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    The Greek just posted on facebook!!!!
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,068
    And? Its not like you can even do anything immediate with an announcement except look for possible hotel rooms. Its not like you have to buy tickets on the drop like a Psst post.
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 197
    setlist41 said:
    The Greek just posted on facebook!!!!
    Makes me think we are still a few days away from an announcement if he's just starting to build hype with that question.