• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mickeyrat said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Get your news from better sources. 
    Oh so this is a game of "My source is better than your source". Well then I retract my statement. Illegal immigration is good and does not cost us anything. It only adds to the quality of our lives. My apologies. 
    TJ, MY MAN!

One of your main "news" sources has admitted to lying to you each and every night. But, sure, continue to trust it. 
    I'm here Juggler! 

You mean the most trusted name in news is lying to me???  I just can't believe it. I better switch over to the other state run media sources so I can at least get equally lied to.  All news orgs are owned and sponsored by huge corporations who are going to always protect their interests and they just love when the people fight between ourselves so we don't focus on the actual "Big Lie" which is the government actually gives two shits about it's people. It's a big club my friend and we are not in it.
    Faux just got exposed to how they manipulate its audience to believe total nonsense! Right wing media can’t be impartial news source they tried to be legit but just couldn’t so they decided to just feed their audience what they like bullshit news! 
    Fuck Fox News! I don't think you heard me Jose. All news orgs lie and distort the news to some extent at any given time. I watch several different news channels and web sites, both left and right leaning and then make up my own mind. Yes I gravitate to the more right leaning places because that is who I identify most with. You want to talk a bullshit news organization lets look at CNN. What a shit show that place is. I tune in to them for laughs. They don't know which of their newscasters are coming or going at any given time. Sheez! 
    It’s time you switch to non cable news NPR or some of the above that Mickey posted way more reputable I don’t watch CNN 
    Thanks for the advise Jose but I'll pass on NPR. I do listen to them from time to time but they do lean left so don't have them as a favorite. 
    Is President Brandon the honest and duly elected, fair and square, POTUS?
    Well there it is! The question of the week. You or someone else asked me this the other day but I didn't have time to properly respond so I  didn't as I knew what I said may be used against me in a court of law. Haha! I do believe Trump doesn't think Biden won. I think he thinks he won and that's why he is so adamant about it. 

I realize this is a loaded question as if I say no then you are going to demand proof which I don't have but at the same time I don't need a weatherman to know if it is raining outside. Do I think a man who spent a lot of his campaign time in his basement and when he did try to organize a rally had 12 people show up but he got 81 million votes. Many millions more than Obama got on his best day. That seems like quite a stretch don't you think?

I have had a few people tell me that 81 million people weren't voting for Biden as much as they were voting against Trump and if that is true then that brings us to the main reason the election was fraudulant: The mainstream media and the Washington establishment aka The Swamp for 4 years tried to unfairly smear President Trump with the many now known lies that they contrived such as Russian Collusion Hoax, The Ukraine Hoax, all of the lawsuits filed against him in New York etc. Not to mention what we knew all along and finally got validation with the Twitter files that the Feds colluded with social media to censor Trump and many conservatives to sway the election. This cannot be disputed if you have half a brain. They not only tried to suppress the majority of conservative Americans first amendment right of free speech but they also suppressed the Hunter Biden laptop which polls said could have easily swayed the election to Trump if it had gotten out. 

Washington was asleep at the switch when Trump got elected as they never thought it could happen, hell they even tried to pump him up into running as they thought he would be an easy target for Hillary but they underestimated the American people. Of course the FBLie agency put an insurance plan in place by illegally spying on Trumps campaign and then formulated the Steele Dossier and the Russian Collusion Hoax which you guys may or may not know of based on all of those great and reputable news sources you listen to. 

At the end of the day the majority of the Republican voters believe there was some type of fraud in the election and that is the travesty here. 
    Arguably the worst thing that can happen to a democratic society is to lose faith in their elections which is where we are today. 

See you at the bar!  

he didnt ask you what trump or anyone else thinks. he asked YOU.
    He’s at the bar 😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    mickeyrat said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Oh so this is a game of "My source is better than your source". Well then I retract my statement. Illegal immigration is good and does not cost us anything. It only adds to the quality of our lives. My apologies. 
    TJ, MY MAN!

One of your main "news" sources has admitted to lying to you each and every night. But, sure, continue to trust it. 
    I'm here Juggler! 

You mean the most trusted name in news is lying to me???  I just can't believe it. I better switch over to the other state run media sources so I can at least get equally lied to.  All news orgs are owned and sponsored by huge corporations who are going to always protect their interests and they just love when the people fight between ourselves so we don't focus on the actual "Big Lie" which is the government actually gives two shits about it's people. It's a big club my friend and we are not in it.
    Faux just got exposed to how they manipulate its audience to believe total nonsense! Right wing media can’t be impartial news source they tried to be legit but just couldn’t so they decided to just feed their audience what they like bullshit news! 
    Fuck Fox News! I don't think you heard me Jose. All news orgs lie and distort the news to some extent at any given time. I watch several different news channels and web sites, both left and right leaning and then make up my own mind. Yes I gravitate to the more right leaning places because that is who I identify most with. You want to talk a bullshit news organization lets look at CNN. What a shit show that place is. I tune in to them for laughs. They don't know which of their newscasters are coming or going at any given time. Sheez! 
    It’s time you switch to non cable news NPR or some of the above that Mickey posted way more reputable I don’t watch CNN 
    Thanks for the advise Jose but I'll pass on NPR. I do listen to them from time to time but they do lean left so don't have them as a favorite. 
    Well there it is! The question of the week. You or someone else asked me this the other day but I didn't have time to properly respond so I  didn't as I knew what I said may be used against me in a court of law. Haha! I do believe Trump doesn't think Biden won. I think he thinks he won and that's why he is so adamant about it. 

I realize this is a loaded question as if I say no then you are going to demand proof which I don't have but at the same time I don't need a weatherman to know if it is raining outside. Do I think a man who spent a lot of his campaign time in his basement and when he did try to organize a rally had 12 people show up but he got 81 million votes. Many millions more than Obama got on his best day. That seems like quite a stretch don't you think?

I have had a few people tell me that 81 million people weren't voting for Biden as much as they were voting against Trump and if that is true then that brings us to the main reason the election was fraudulant: The mainstream media and the Washington establishment aka The Swamp for 4 years tried to unfairly smear President Trump with the many now known lies that they contrived such as Russian Collusion Hoax, The Ukraine Hoax, all of the lawsuits filed against him in New York etc. Not to mention what we knew all along and finally got validation with the Twitter files that the Feds colluded with social media to censor Trump and many conservatives to sway the election. This cannot be disputed if you have half a brain. They not only tried to suppress the majority of conservative Americans first amendment right of free speech but they also suppressed the Hunter Biden laptop which polls said could have easily swayed the election to Trump if it had gotten out. 

Washington was asleep at the switch when Trump got elected as they never thought it could happen, hell they even tried to pump him up into running as they thought he would be an easy target for Hillary but they underestimated the American people. Of course the FBLie agency put an insurance plan in place by illegally spying on Trumps campaign and then formulated the Steele Dossier and the Russian Collusion Hoax which you guys may or may not know of based on all of those great and reputable news sources you listen to. 

At the end of the day the majority of the Republican voters believe there was some type of fraud in the election and that is the travesty here. 
    Arguably the worst thing that can happen to a democratic society is to lose faith in their elections which is where we are today. 

See you at the bar!  

Sorry I guess my 5 paragraphs didn't explain my position. I say NO! 
    mickeyrat said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  

He’s at the bar 😂
    hard to argue with that!  B)
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    TJ25487 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  

Explains everything.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    TJ25487 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  

Explains everything.
    Happy to help! I'm here for the next 5 minutes. 
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  
    I've never been to a political rally.  I'm guessing very few on this board have.  If that's the your barometer, well we're not in a cult.  We don't LOVE our candidate unconditionally.  

Why do you think the media isn't supposed to be biased?  It's always been biased.  When this country formed, political parties had their own newspapers.  They were called 'organs'.  The WashPo is left, the NY Post is right.  MSNBC is left, Fox is right.  If that's your argument as to why the election was fraudulent, well that's pretty weak sauce.  
    You are correct that the media has always been biased but what part of the FBI, CIA, DOJ and democrats colluding with the media to take down a president don't you understand as wrong?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  
    Nearly all of this is untrue. 
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  
    All of what you say is untrue! Go Ducks! 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    TJ25487 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  
    I've never been to a political rally.  I'm guessing very few on this board have.  If that's the your barometer, well we're not in a cult.  We don't LOVE our candidate unconditionally.  

Why do you think the media isn't supposed to be biased?  It's always been biased.  When this country formed, political parties had their own newspapers.  They were called 'organs'.  The WashPo is left, the NY Post is right.  MSNBC is left, Fox is right.  If that's your argument as to why the election was fraudulent, well that's pretty weak sauce.  
    You are correct that the media has always been biased but what part of the FBI, CIA, DOJ and democrats colluding with the media to take down a president don't you understand as wrong?
    Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?  Trump normalized crazy person ramblings. 
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  

Haha! You win. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    TJ25487 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  

Lol.
    The FBI essentially handed Donald Trump the White House. I love how  magas just completely and conveniently forget about that. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited March 2023
    TJ25487 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ, MY MAN!

I'm here Juggler! 

See you at the bar!  

You're completely untethered from reality and the perfect right wing mark. 
    Damn you Brandon! Just stop it already! Ruining’Murica!

Economy adds 311,000 jobs in February, reflecting ongoing labor market strength

The job gains came in lower than January’s eye-popping numbers but the figure beats economists’ expectations

The economy churned out 311,000 jobs in February, reflecting impressive labor market strength more than a year into the Federal Reserve’s fight to cool the economy.

The unemployment rate ticked up to 3.6 percent last month, still near longtime lows, according to data released Friday from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The job gains came in lower than January’s eye-popping numbers, but reflecting ongoing resilience in the labor market, fueled by surging consumer demand in a variety of industries, especially leisure and hospitality and health care.

“The entire labor market is cooling off,” said Luke Tilley, chief economist at wealth manager Wilmington Trust. “But it’s still incredibly tight. It’s just not as tight as it was in the middle of last year or in 2021.”

For months, the labor market has shown signs of cooling, as demand for workers has gradually declined, with some exceptions, since last June. There were 10.8 million job openings in January, a small decrease from December, the Labor Department reported Wednesday. Layoffs in January rose to a high not seen since December 2020, in part reflecting the high-profile job cuts that have swept across the tech, advertising and media industries in recent months. Disney, Zoom, Yahoo and Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp all announced mass layoffs in February.

Economists said January’s shocking job growth, adjusted down to 504,000, might have been skewed by seasonal adjustments, as employers in this tight labor market hoarded workers more than usual coming out of the holidays.

The resilient labor market comes as a blessing for many workers, affording many the ability to switch into better jobs and negotiate raises over the past year and a half. Average hourly wages rose by 0.2 percent between January and February. Overall pay is up 4.6 percent from a year ago, to an hourly average of $33.09 an hour.

However, the Federal Reserve could use the labor market’s strength to justify raising interest rates at a more aggressive pace than outlined just months ago, which Federal Reserve Chair Jerome H. Powell talked about while testifying before Congress earlier this week.

Inflation has fallen since reaching 40-year-highs last summer, but prices remain well above normal. A new inflation report to be released next week will provide more clarity on whether the Fed has made enough progress to continue slowing interest rate hikes.

The strength of the labor market is largely being propped up by booming consumer demand for services and experiences coming out of the pandemic. Some of the largest job gains in February were in leisure and hospitality, retail trade, government, and health care. Employment fell in information, transportation, and warehousing.

“There are reasons to be just bullish about the strength of the U.S. consumer propping up job growth for the foreseeable future,” said Julia Pollack, chief economist at Zip Recruiter. “Business-to-consumer companies are doing extremely well. Everything from hair salons to pizza shops.”

Despite the robust labor market, many workers are still struggling to make ends meet with prices that are growing at a faster clip than wages. The rising costs of basic necessities such as housing, gas and food are contributing to inflation.

Eduardo Romero, 60, an Uber driver in Los Angeles, said lately he often spends more than 50 hours a week driving for the company to take home around $1,000 dollars. He used to work about 40 hours a week, when he first started driving in 2017, but that’s no longer enough to afford basic necessities for him and his wife.

“The price of eggs and beans is so high right now,” Romero said. “I want to retire, but I’ve told my wife that I will have to work until I’m 70 to have enough to live on.”

Hiring has eased some for employers grappling with labor shortages, but the leisure and hospitality industry is an area where workers have unusual leverage. Employers are still struggling to attract workers. The industry, comprised of hotels, restaurants, bars, and casinos, had nearly 1.7 million unfilled job openings in January. Many people have left the industry for new careers.

Steven Majkrzak, the owner of five restaurant franchises in the Fargo, N.D. metro area, said he has had to change his entire employment model to attract workers, including offering signing bonuses, adding new tipping options, hiring younger workers, and raising wages by $7 an hour in some positions.

Still, one of his delis is currently operating with only 25 to 30 workers instead of the normal 45 to 50. The unemployment rate in North Dakota was 2.1 percent as of December, one of the nation’s lowest.

“The 18 to 26 age range has really almost disappeared from our workforce in North Dakota,” said Majkrzak. “Our strategy has shifted to hiring people outside of that demographic. We’ve resorted to hiring people as young as 14.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/03/10/february-jobs-report-labor/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • If you had any idea what you talk about, this is not good news. 
    If you had any idea what you talk about, this is not good news. 
    ^This guy is rooting for a recession, folks. America First!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Do we agree on something?  Holy crap.  I don't think this is good news either.  I'd like to see some more softness in the economy so that the the Fed can slow the discount rate increases, and inflation can cool a little bit more.  The economy is too resilient right now, ironically. 
    Guess you’d prefer unemployment at 8%? So you can blame Obama? Or Hillary?

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Guess you’d prefer unemployment at 8%? So you can blame Obama? Or Hillary?
    Hunter
    Don't forget Hunter
    mrussel1 said:
    Do we agree on something?  Holy crap.  I don't think this is good news either.  I'd like to see some more softness in the economy so that the the Fed can slow the discount rate increases, and inflation can cool a little bit more.  The economy is too resilient right now, ironically. 
    Lower than expected wage growth though....market's back to expecting 25 bps increase. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    Lower than expected wage growth though....market's back to expecting 25 bps increase. 
    Yeah, that should cool inflation a bit, as it works its way through the economy.  I guess we'll see. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    now you're strong arming international companies to do your bidding? got some stones on you brando.....

Novo Nordisk plans price cuts for several insulins
    By TOM MURPHY
    57 mins ago

Novo Nordisk will start slashing some U.S. insulin prices up to 75% next year, following a path set earlier this month by rival Eli Lilly.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    dude dont know when to quit.....

Sanofi announces insulin price cap after actions by Eli Lilly and Novo Nordisk

Sanofi, along with Eli Lilly and Novo Nordisk, make up about 90% of the insulin market in the U.S. All three have announced price cuts or out-of-pocket caps in recent weeks.

continues...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Biden issues first veto, taking on new Republican House
    By ZEKE MILLER and SEUNG MIN KIM
    15 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden issued the first veto of his presidency Monday in an early sign of shifting White House relations with the new Congress since Republicans took control of the House in January — a move that serves as a prelude to bigger battles with GOP lawmakers on government spending and the nation's debt limit.

Biden sought to kill a Republican-authored measure that would ban the government from considering environmental impacts or potential lawsuits when making investment decisions for people's retirement plans. In a video released by the White House, Biden said he vetoed the measure because it “put at risk the retirement savings of individuals across the country.”

His first veto represents a more confrontational approach at the midway of Biden's term in office, as he faces a GOP-controlled House that is eager to undo parts of his policy legacy and investigate his administration and his family. Complicating matters for Biden, several Democratic senators are up for re-election next year in conservative states, giving them political incentive to put some distance between them and the White House.

The measure vetoed by Biden ended would have effectively reinstated a Trump-era ban on federal managers of retirement plans considering factors such as climate change, social impacts or pending lawsuits when making investment choices.

The veto could also help calm some anger from environmentalists who have been upset with the Biden administration for its recent decision to greenlight the Willow oil project, a massive and contentious drilling project in Alaska.

“The president vetoed the bill because it jeopardizes the hard-earned life savings of cops, firefighters, teachers, and other workers," White House spokesperson Robyn Patterson said.

But critics say so-called environmental, social and governance investments allocate money based on political agendas, such as a drive against climate change, rather than on earning the best returns for savers. Republicans in Congress who pushed the measure said environmental or social considerations in investments by the government are just another example of being “woke.”

“In his first veto, Biden just sided with woke Wall Street over workers," House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., tweeted on Monday. “Tells you exactly where his priorities lie.” He said "it’s clear Biden wants Wall Street to use your retirement savings to fund his far-left political causes.”

Biden's veto is likely to prevail. Just three Democrats in Congress — one in the House, and two in the Senate — supported Republicans in the matter, making it unlikely a two-thirds majority in both chambers could be assembled to overcome Biden's veto.

Rep. Jared Golden, D-Maine, was the sole Democrat to back the resolution in the House, while Sens. Jon Tester, D-Mont., and Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., supported it in the Senate. Golden is a perennial target of Republicans seeking to oust him from his conservative district, while Tester and Manchin are both up for re-election next year.

“This administration continues to prioritize their radical policy agenda over the economic, energy and national security needs of our country, and it is absolutely infuriating," Manchin said in a statement.

Though Biden swiftly vetoed the investment resolution, other measures coming from Capitol Hill in the weeks and months ahead could be a tougher call for the White House.

The administration initially signaled that Biden would reject a Republican-authored measure that would override a crime measure passed by the District of Columbia Council, but the president later said he would sign it. The White House has also yet to indicate what Biden will do with a measure — passed unanimously in both chambers of Congress — that would declassify U.S. intelligence information about the origins of COVID-19.

Here’s the latest for Monday, March 20: Putin and Xi meet at the Kremlin; Kidnapped American aid worker freed; UN Panel issues climate warning; 'Ted Lasso' visits White House.

Biden's immediate predecessor, Donald Trump, vetoed 10 bills during his term in office, while Barack Obama vetoed 12, according to the the American Presidency Project at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Both had one of their vetoes overridden by Congress.

The president with the most vetoes was Franklin Delano Roosevelt — who was elected to four terms before a constitutional amendment limited all presidents to two — with 635 vetoes. Six U.S. presidents never vetoed any legislation in office.

Really does appear that Brandon is putting ‘Muricans last. Damn you Brandon!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/ERP-2023.pdf

Lots of juicy tidbits in there about how Brandon has got his jackboots on the necks of ‘Muricans keeping them down. 

PS: gotta love the “other reason” for lack of working participation rate.

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:

Sanofi, along with Eli Lilly and Novo Nordisk, make up about 90% of the insulin market in the U.S. All three have announced price cuts or out-of-pocket caps in recent weeks.

continues...

Yes thank you Joe! 

People can't afford gas, food, a mortgage but hey if we ever need insulin you got our backs. 

I think as long as we have a secure border, secure banking and no threat of WW3 we should be good. 

Four more years of this almost sounds too good to be true! 
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    TJ25487 said:
    mickeyrat said:

continues...

Yes thank you Joe! 

People can't afford gas, food, a mortgage but hey if we ever need insulin you got our backs. 

I think as long as we have a secure border, secure banking and no threat of WW3 we should be good. 

I think my diabetic friends and family will appreciate being able to focus their spending on gas, food, and housing as opposed to splitting up their injections in hopes of staying alive.  But fuck them.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited March 2023
    TJ25487 said:
    mickeyrat said:

continues...

Yes thank you Joe! 

Really? This is a ridiculous take.  Nothing the other team does is ever positive,  is it?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    mickeyrat said:

continues...

Yes thank you Joe! 

Really? This is a ridiculous take.  Nothing the other team does is ever positive,  is it?
    Ridiculous is right. He, they, her is must be luckily unaffected by this so can’t understand how helpful it is to so many people. And yes, groceries , gas and the general cost of living is still unaffordable to most people, but that shouldn’t and doesn’t take away from this.