GOP

Comments

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    He's admitting it now to some degree. Not sure he's admitting to being a drag queen but definitely admitted to dressing up and "having fun"
    Yep, he admitted it.  Holy shit!
    We have bad photo analysis skills!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

chinese-happy.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    static111 said:
    He's admitting it now to some degree. Not sure he's admitting to being a drag queen but definitely admitted to dressing up and "having fun"
    I’m not sure how you could of missed all the telling similarities! And it’s still not what should be the issue of getting him to resign, the lying and making up a fake persona should be enough! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Plus all the money that was donated to his campaign from the uninformed voters of Long Island 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I honestly didn't think those two photos were a slam dunk same person either. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111 said:
    I’m not sure how you could of missed all the telling similarities! And it’s still not what should be the issue of getting him to resign, the lying and making up a fake persona should be enough! 
    His tooth looked chipped to me and the plucking of the eyebrows was a whole other level...  I thought, no way.

But, yes way, lol!
  • https://www.nbcnews.com/news/maya-rudolph-replaces-mms-characters-rcna66994?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2a__s2VJNEMu0o-GE8bj8oT99ALXbymVlau63Mxm52YnlhZQmkDxZaplI

M&M’s replaces cartoon ‘spokescandies’ with Maya Rudolph following ‘woke’ backlash from Fox News

The brand said in a tweet Monday that it "definitely didn’t think it would break the internet. But now we get it — even a candy’s shoes can be polarizing."

After controversy following its mascot refresh last year, M&M's announced Monday it is taking an "indefinite pause" from using its candy-coated mascots, saying the "last thing M&M’s wanted" was to be "polarizing."

M&M’s said in a tweet that it is instead tapping actor Maya Rudolph as its spokesperson, someone the brand said "America can agree on."

Mars Inc., the parent company of M&M’s, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Representatives for Rudolph did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

M&M’s "spokescandies" have provoked the ire of right-wing outlets like Fox News in recent weeks after the company announced a new “Flip the Status Quo“ campaign. The campaign raised money to support women in creative industries and featured limited-edition candy bags with the three female spokescandies.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson railed against “woke M&Ms” in a recent broadcast. He made similar complaints about the candies last January after M&M’s announced a new, inclusive look.

In its statement on Monday, M&M’s said it "definitely didn’t think it would break the internet."

“But now we get it — even a candy’s shoes can be polarizing," the brand wrote. "Which is the last thing M&M’s wanted since we’re all about bringing people together.”

The brand said it is "confident" that Rudolph "will champion the power of fun to create a world where everyone feels like they belong.”

continues....

lmao tucker was mad because the green m&m is less sexy now and then they take her away from him altogether, lol. it is like an annoyed parent taking away a toy from a toddler.

What's wrong with candy in sexy boots, lol?  Dear lord what else are we going to over analyze and get pissed off about?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    so is this M&M's catering to the unwoke mob?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    They’ve canceled sexy M&Ms 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    "god damn it!!! i want my m&ms delicious, AND sexy!!!!!"

tucker carlson, probably.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    "god damn it!!! i want my m&ms delicious, AND sexy!!!!!"

tucker carlson, probably.
    I just eat Reece's Pieces.  Nothing can desexify those delicious bastards.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    How soon before the right, led by Tucker Carlson, start complaining Maya Rudolph isn't sexy enough to be their candy spokesperson?

chinese-happy.jpg
    We can add Xbox and, apparently coffee (?), to the list. I must have missed coffee. If one of our maga elites could explain what triggers them over coffee, that would be helpful. Also, I really think this list needs it's own thread. So many things really bother these folks. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,417
    We can add Xbox and, apparently coffee (?), to the list. I must have missed coffee. If one of our maga elites could explain what triggers them over coffee, that would be helpful. Also, I really think this list needs it's own thread. So many things really bother these folks. 

coffee was over starbucks. war on xmas, diversity training, etc...

would think they'd be behind union busting as a counterbalance though.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    How soon before the right, led by Tucker Carlson, start complaining Maya Rudolph isn't sexy enough to be their candy spokesperson?

my guess is in about 44 min when tucky's show goes on.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Update..I read a real article not from the blaze.  When you turn off the Xbox now you must elect to put it in standby which will keep some current going to the machine so you can instantly turn it back on, rather than the new default of actual powering down.  Way to spin it out so it makes it look like Xbox is going to shut down consoles mid game.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:

Update..I read a real article not from the blaze.  When you turn off the Xbox now you must elect to put it in standby which will keep some current going to the machine so you can instantly turn it back on, rather than the new default of actual powering down.  Way to spin it out so it makes it look like Xbox is going to shut down consoles mid game.

so sleep mode like a computer ..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

Oh my god it sounds almost like....manufactured outrage. My goodness!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    static111 said:

my guess is that it relates more to power block overheating...they have had that issue for years
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:

Oh my god it sounds almost like....manufactured outrage. My goodness!
    All of it is.  You have a few people that make a stink then it just gets retweeted and it becomes "trending" and all because a handful of people got bothered it seems like a majority.

I really wish companies had a better way to gauge stuff.
    edited January 2023

soooo they now offer several options , at its root it seems is to save on energy costs. given rates have gone up virtually everywhere, this makes sense. especially in light of how long some of these gaming sessions can be.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

LOL...makes those Biden criticisms a bit harder for the magats

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

• LOL...makes those Biden criticisms a bit harder for the magats
    Nah, because buh, buh, buh hunter’s laptop!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    static111 said:

my guess is that it relates more to power block overheating...they have had that issue for years

I know magaworld is still a thing but in what universe does the leader of one of the political parties in the US go on a talk show led by this moron? I don't even think there is an equivalent on the left.
    Yeah that whole thing sucked.  My son left ours on (maybe 2011) and I got the ring of death.  I ended up pulling it apart and soldering the board back together.  It worked for about 2 months and then did it again.  It was just a major defect.  I got the PS4 and never looked back.  

Back to the topic, I agree here.  Nothing makes me angrier than when I see the Energy star on appliances.  I hope Tucker takes on big Whirlpool.  
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

I know magaworld is still a thing but in what universe does the leader of one of the political parties in the US go on a talk show led by this moron? I don't even think there is an equivalent on the left.
    Yeah that whole thing sucked.  My son left ours on (maybe 2011) and I got the ring of death.  I ended up pulling it apart and soldering the board back together.  It worked for about 2 months and then did it again.  It was just a major defect.  I got the PS4 and never looked back.  

Back to the topic, I agree here.  Nothing makes me angrier than when I see the Energy star on appliances.  I hope Tucker takes on big Whirlpool.  
    crazy....I remember the soldering fix. I never did it because I figured I would fuck it up anyway.

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900

I thought the same thing at first, but does the maga crowd still want to hang Mike Pence?
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023

I thought the same thing at first, but does the maga crowd still want to hang Mike Pence?
    Pence was IN ON IT, man! 

Nothing makes sense with the magas. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

George Washington is next.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052

George Washington is next.
    probably some classified documents in the overcoat William Henry Harrison forgot to wear to his inauguration in 1841..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."