GOP

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    mickeyrat said:
    I keep seeing you post about this guy.  Does he just say whatever he wants and people take him seriously or is he more for show?

he is a candidate for the Republican nomination for President. Simply sharing statements he makes on television and in print which gets attention. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    I keep seeing you post about this guy.  Does he just say whatever he wants and people take him seriously or is he more for show?

My theory is that he's running for VP. Americans won't elect a president whose name they can't spell, but I can see him positioning himself as VP to the orange menace. Then, when the actuarial tables triumph, he gets to be POTUS-for-life.

He's an idiot, but a dangerous idiot.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • That was a great interview...lots of crazy shit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    Let's look at the bright side. Matt Gaetz appears to have propositioned someone that's been an adult for several years!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    HAHA
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    So I just read about the shutdown looming.

The republican's are split about the budget and if the Speaker gets any help from the dems he will be fired and if he doesn't get the repubs to agree we get a shut down.

So it's worse to get a bipartisan agreement than a government shutdown?

Wow.
    Yeah, if he gets D help, then they will call for a speaker vote, which any one member can do under this Congress's rules (McCarthy had to sign up for that one as further evidence he has no sac).  But then he would only remain speaker if enough D's defect to him to support him.  But there's ZERO chance of that after all the nonsense impeachment, investigations, etc.  He has alienated both sides dramatically.  He has no wiggle room. 
    it only took him 15 votes and a lot of begging/dealmaking for him to get the job. nope, i could not have seen this coming, haha.

frankly, i am surprised he has lasted this long as speaker.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    So I just read about the shutdown looming.

The republican's are split about the budget and if the Speaker gets any help from the dems he will be fired and if he doesn't get the repubs to agree we get a shut down.

So it's worse to get a bipartisan agreement than a government shutdown?

Wow.
    Yeah, if he gets D help, then they will call for a speaker vote, which any one member can do under this Congress's rules (McCarthy had to sign up for that one as further evidence he has no sac).  But then he would only remain speaker if enough D's defect to him to support him.  But there's ZERO chance of that after all the nonsense impeachment, investigations, etc.  He has alienated both sides dramatically.  He has no wiggle room. 
    it only took him 15 votes and a lot of begging/dealmaking for him to get the job. nope, i could not have seen this coming, haha.

frankly, i am surprised he has lasted this long as speaker.
    He is the weakest speaker in memory.  No juice whatsoever.  
    He thought it was a good career move and wanted this badly.  Don't think it's going to do what he thought it would...

Great look for the party right now and the followers don't care.
    OK so I looked into this more.

McCarthy made some pretty big offerings to get this job and he isn't living up to them I guess.

Also parts of the conservatives don't want to just give money to Ukraine without accountability and do it in smaller parts, something I believe Biden had agreed to.

So in a nutshell they believe spending all this money without justification is big enough to shut down the government.

So we are to believe from a tweet that Ukraine has decimated the Russian military by 50%?

If that is true then I am all for it.
    I'm all for it just so Putin doesn't eventually take any sovereign nation that he wants. 
    It was part of the USSR for a while.  I know there is more to it than just that but I'm with you.  Let Putin take a beat down.

On that note, what is worse, Ukraine or Afghanistan for Russia?
  • We love the uneducated. For cannon fodder or as shock troops.

One quarter of all the savings House Republicans’ bills would achieve comes from cutting a single program that provides funding for low-income schools, known as Title I education grants.

House Republicans want to cut Title I by nearly 80 percent, saving $14.7 billion.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

• I wonder if shutting the government down will help, or hurt this border crisis that we're so desperate to get under control. 

I'm inclined to suggest the latter, but am open to hearing how it might help if anyone has any thoughts on it.  
    ummm what? hey coach chucklefuck, read up on general military history in the 20th century.

• I wonder if shutting the government down will help, or hurt this border crisis that we're so desperate to get under control. 

I'm inclined to suggest the latter, but am open to hearing how it might help if anyone has any thoughts on it.  
    Biden has actually sped up the process for migrants to get job permits so thats good. As far as people flooding the border, it won't help at all.

It's the GOP trying to get Biden to do what he said.  In the end it looks like the GOP doesn't like troops if you read anything someone from the left writes.

I haven't seen one person post the reasoning of the GOP side and why the shutdown is looming.

• mickeyrat said:
    And what do those 25 weirdos really want?  Serious question.

Biden has actually sped up the process for migrants to get job permits so thats good. As far as people flooding the border, it won't help at all.

It's the GOP trying to get Biden to do what he said.  In the end it looks like the GOP doesn't like troops if you read anything someone from the left writes.

I haven't seen one person post the reasoning of the GOP side and why the shutdown is looming.
    So they're going to shut the government down to make Biden 'do what he said'? That's weak. 

This unnecessary shutdown forced by the extremist wing* of the GOP is going to hurt the country, and then the GOP will point to it as a failing of the Biden administration, and people are going to buy into it hook line & sinker. Hell, you're already buying into it. 

*Is it even a wing anymore, or is the entirety of the GOP now extremist? They are by traditional conservative standards, but I digress. 

Also, for someone who doesn't follow politics as 'rabidly as the rest of us' you sure do have a lot to say in the defense of the GOP. 
  • No matter what McCarthy is a goner.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I wonder if shutting the government down will help, or hurt this border crisis that we're so desperate to get under control. 

So they're going to shut the government down to make Biden 'do what he said'? That's weak. 

This unnecessary shutdown forced by the extremist wing* of the GOP is going to hurt the country, and then the GOP will point to it as a failing of the Biden administration, and people are going to buy into it hook line & sinker. Hell, you're already buying into it. 

*Is it even a wing anymore, or is the entirety of the GOP now extremist? They are by traditional conservative standards, but I digress. 

Also, for someone who doesn't follow politics as 'rabidly as the rest of us' you sure do have a lot to say in the defense of the GOP. 
    What did he say in defense of the GOP?  I missed that.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden

Defending?  Nope.  Misreading again and jumping to conclusions.  I merely wrote what and why they are doing what they are doing.  Thank you again for repeatedly seeing something that isn't there...

Defending?  Nope.  Misreading again and jumping to conclusions.  I merely wrote what and why they are doing what they are doing.  Thank you again for repeatedly seeing something that isn't there...
    Instead of asking people why this is happening, why not tell us? 

What is Biden not doing that he said he would do, that's worthy of this action? 

I did tell you and it came as I'm defending the GOP.

What I had read was It boils down to Ukraine spending and transparency.  GOP doesn't think the admin is holding up to what they promised. They also don't want the spending increased without trying to make cut backs. 

What I had read was It boils down to Ukraine spending and transparency.  GOP doesn't think the admin is holding up to what they promised. They also don't want the spending increased without trying to make cut backs. 
    Government spending wasn't an issue when trump was in office, but we're to believe it's an issue for the GOP now? That it's a matter of such great importance to them that they're willing to shut the government down over it? What changed between trump's term and Biden's besides the political affiliation of POTUS? 

That rationale behind shutting the government down over spending in Ukraine doesn't pass the smell test, you get that, right?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    I wonder if shutting the government down will help, or hurt this border crisis that we're so desperate to get under control. 

That's a ruse.  They do this every time a CR or budget is required.  They shut down the gov't when Trump was president.  They shut down the gov't in 2013, and twice in 2018.  None of that had anything to do with Ukraine. 

Government spending wasn't an issue when trump was in office, but we're to believe it's an issue for the GOP now? That it's a matter of such great importance to them that they're willing to shut the government down over it? What changed between trump's term and Biden's besides the political affiliation of POTUS? 

That rationale behind shutting the government down over spending in Ukraine doesn't pass the smell test, you get that, right?
    mrussel1 said:

That's a ruse.  They do this every time a CR or budget is required.  They shut down the gov't when Trump was president.  They shut down the gov't in 2013, and twice in 2018.  None of that had anything to do with Ukraine. 
    Just repeating what I read.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    It's almost as if the maga republicans are being disingenuous about why they want to shut the government down. That doesn't sound like them, does it? Nah...
    www.myspace.com
  • The Brandon Crime Wave had an agreement with Kevin in the spring regarding a budget deal to avoid this shit in the fall. Kevin didn’t hold up his end of the agreement because he caved to the minority faction of Freedumb Causuckers. Kevin is weak and can’t be trusted. 8% cuts across the board except for the military and veterans, including $14.7B to education in poor school districts. Great for helping children of immigrants to get educated, right?

How great of a job would you do at work if you were required to show up and do your job but you weren’t going to be paid? Air traffic controller, border patrol, customs enforcement, TSA, military, let’s say? 

Fucking repubs haven’t even proposed a detailed budget to counter what the Brandon Crime Wave proposed nor taken up Demented Joe’s offer to negotiate. Weak sauce and total lack of leadership. If Joe’s so demented, you’d figure they’d run circles around him being the geniuses they are but nope.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyrat said:
    And what do those 25 weirdos really want?  Serious question.

Serious answer: Money. They want money, be it in the form of fundraising or a nice new job at Newsmax.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • “We love the uneducated.” What fucking future dystopian nation do you want to live in?

FACT SHEET: House Republican Proposals Hurt Children, Students, and Borrowers, and Undermine Education

Congressional Republicans are holding the nation's full faith and credit hostage in an effort to impose devastating cutbacks that would hurt children and undermine education, raise costs for hardworking families, and set back economic growth. And they are demanding these slashes while separately advancing proposals to add over $3 trillion to deficits through tax giveaways skewed to the wealthy and big corporations.

While President Biden's plan invests an additional $11 billion to improve education while lowering everyday costs of essentials like child-care for families, House Republicans' proposal to cut a broad range of critical programs by 22% will:

• Gut Funding for Low-Income Students. The proposal would cut approximately $4 billion in funding for schools serving low-income children, impacting an estimated 26 million students and reducing program funding to its lowest level in almost a decade—a cut equivalent to removing more than 60,000 teachers and specialized instructional support personnel from classrooms.
    • Reduce Support for Students with Disabilities. Under the proposal, as many as 7.5 million children with disabilities would face reduced supports—a cut equivalent to removing more than 48,000 teachers and related services providers from the classroom.
    • Slash Mental Health Support for Students. The House Republican proposal would limit educators' abilities to address student mental health issues and prevent violence, suicide, and drug abuse by cutting Title IV, Part A funding for schools by about $300 million.
    • Make College More Expensive. A 22% budget cut would likely eliminate Pell Grants altogether for 80,000 students while reducing the maximum award by nearly $1,000 for the remaining 6.6 million recipients, making it harder to attend and afford college. 

Eliminate Student Debt Relief and Borrower Supports. The proposal would cancel the President's student debt relief plan, keeping much needed emergency student loan relief of up to $20,000 for more than 40 million Americans recovering from the effects of the pandemic. It would also block the creation of new, more affordable student loan payment plans.

See below how these reckless cuts would impact education in each state:

Brilliantati©
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    So the gop wants to punish poor and disabled children yet somehow they convinced many, including some who hang out on left leaning boards their real concern is Ukraine assistance,  yet they are not pro Russia?

Wow the gop are masters at messaging.
  • Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana