***Glen Hansard Appreciation Thread***

1293031323335»

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Picked up a pair for the Boston date. We've seen him several times and them together last year. Always a great show. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    In for NYC!
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    It was just  swell season. It was magic after the gig we all went out and sang with glen around a fire. He offered  me a verse in auld triangle and i got shy. I wish to be jaysus i hadn't.  Thats me in green next to glen. He signed stuff and had photo's.  I took one with him and he said no take another  and qe faced into the moon to get light. I will never forget it. I took my 16 year old at the time daughter magical road trip to the dingle peninsula. 
    I remember seeing Ed here in Melbourne and Glen was the support act for that tour. Post set, Glen was out in the foyer just mixing with the punters like he was one of the crowd. He put on a great show too! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    It was just  swell season. It was magic after the gig we all went out and sang with glen around a fire. He offered  me a verse in auld triangle and i got shy. I wish to be jaysus i hadn't.  Thats me in green next to glen. He signed stuff and had photo's.  I took one with him and he said no take another  and qe faced into the moon to get light. I will never forget it. I took my 16 year old at the time daughter magical road trip to the dingle peninsula. 
    That sounds MAGICAL! I just bought tix to take my now 14yr old daughter to see them here in US, but I'd LOVE to bring her to see them in Ireland... Dingle is stunning & historic!

• JH6056 said:
    That sounds MAGICAL! I just bought tix to take my now 14yr old daughter to see them here in US, but I'd LOVE to bring her to see them in Ireland... Dingle is stunning & historic!

Im so happy you can take your daughter it brings tears to my eyes. It was the  best weekend of my life . Just  me and her. I had just left home 2 years prior and  she is now 21 .  You are a great parent. Happiness is only real when shared!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Another fun show last night. Worth catching if you can. Also multiple Pearl Jam references and a Glen/Marketa rendition of Hell Or High Water. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    Wow I'm envious 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Sounds awesome. Very jealous. 
    Some great vids on you tube 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Going to see them on Thursday. Taking my daughter since she loves them so much. It will be her first show. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    dudeman said:
    Going to see them on Thursday. Taking my daughter since she loves them so much. It will be her first show. 
    I saw them at the Beacon last year. They were great. She will love it. 
    GlowGirl said:
    dudeman said:
    Great to hear! She's super excited. She sings some of their songs with me while I play guitar. 

Can't wait for this experience for her!
    edited August 2023
    dudeman said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dudeman said:
    Great to hear! She's super excited. She sings some of their songs with me while I play guitar. 

Can't wait for this experience for her!
    This is identical to me and my daughter. I took her to dingle to see them in a small tent and we drove all around the Dingle peninsula. Best days of my life. Good on you!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Saw them Saturday at Radio City. Don’t think I have to explain how amazing it was. When is anything Glen touches not amazing. 

They did a great version of My Fathers Daughter from Flag Day. Brought a busker on stage to duet with Glen for Say It to Me Now with no mics and it was incredible. Just every song was a highlight. Fitzcarraldo, Into the Mystic could go on and on 

Glen played a new (Swell Season) song called Factory Street Bells which was about leaving his son for the road. He also mentioned he now lives in Helsinki, which is where the bells are. Really hope this sees light of day because it was beautiful
    Wow thanks 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Second single from the new solo album out now
    Just got home from seeing Glen and Marketa. Terrific show! They really seemed like they were having a great time on tour and they were super tight.