Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Sub 130.  Damn, I wish!
    Love the goal of the first 26.2.
    Wish I could do that again.  Even doing them when training for the 50k was fun.  (Albeit painful fun)
    We'll see how wishful that is since my first official was 1:35. 
    And you trained through a few injuries.  If you can stay healthy I bet you can take off that time.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

• Ran in my hometown yesterday at lunch.  On Monday I will run in Norway with my collegues. Some kind of business trip. My boss has fixed headlamps for everyone. hah. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 635
    2nd place (again) in my uncles running clubs' 5k Santa dash. Time of 20m15s...not great but it's a small race and my only realistic chance of ever winning!😂 Winner came in at 19m08s.

Good fun. My 7yr old daughter also ran it with my dad in 40mins... Super proud as she has only ever do e the junior park run (1.2 miles)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    beano.79 said:
    2nd place (again) in my uncles running clubs' 5k Santa dash. Time of 20m15s...not great but it's a small race and my only realistic chance of ever winning!😂 Winner came in at 19m08s.

Good fun. My 7yr old daughter also ran it with my dad in 40mins... Super proud as she has only ever do e the junior park run (1.2 miles)
    Nice job!!  Did you wear a Santa suit? Sounds like your daughter is following in your footsteps. She is starting early. 
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

Nice job!!  Did you wear a Santa suit? Sounds like your daughter is following in your footsteps. She is starting early. 
    Just look at her ❤️❤️☺️ running with my dad
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

Adorable. Those outfits look pretty warm for running. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    That is awesome!
    Running on Saturday and the boy is meant to run his first miler.  
  • Ran in Norway with colleagues. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

That is fantastic! I can't get my kids to do anything. 

Snowy! I do miss real snow sometimes, but mostly enjoy not having to deal with it.
    Ran in Norway with colleagues. 

Was that fun for you?  Looks like it was fun!
    It does look fun. But I would probably slip and hurt something if I ran in the snow like that. 
  • GlowGirl said:
    It does look fun. But I would probably slip and hurt something if I ran in the snow like that. 
    Haha. Two of us (nut) me slipped and fell. 

Was that fun for you?  Looks like it was fun!
    I was tricked. My boss had looked up a route on his Garmin warch that we were gonna run. I thought it was just some track in or outside the city. I did not know we were gonna run up mountains and trail in snow in minus 10 celcius. Hehe. 

But was nice when it finished. 
    Awesome.  You are a runner, now, so it is fun when something like this happens.  :)  
  • Awesome.  You are a runner, now, so it is fun when something like this happens.  :)  
    I'm lucky I had just bought a pair of running gloves on Black friday. It was very cold. Haha. 
    Ran the Elf n Cocoa run with the 8 yr old this AM.  Was his first ever race and he wanted me to run with him....it was before my 5k effort.
    He did great, got 6th place overall.  (And, actually got  5th as the 1st finisher didn't run nearly the whole course) 
    I got 36/272, 40s off my PR but I was happy with that given the slow training / breaks since the Half

Was cool to have him be so nervous to start and so excited with his finish.

That is so awesome, B. What a great photo. You must be proud of your son taking after you in running. You both must have had so much fun. Are this elf socks you are wearing?
    GlowGirl said:
    That is so awesome, B. What a great photo. You must be proud of your son taking after you in running. You both must have had so much fun. Are this elf socks you are wearing?
    Yeah elf hat, elf socks, horrendously ugly Christmas shirt that Brooks or one of the companies threw in with a December order a few years back and I thought I'd never wear.

Ran the Elf n Cocoa run with the 8 yr old this AM.  Was his first ever race and he wanted me to run with him....it was before my 5k effort.
    He did great, got 6th place overall.  (And, actually got  5th as the 1st finisher didn't run nearly the whole course) 
    I got 36/272, 40s off my PR but I was happy with that given the slow training / breaks since the Half

Was cool to have him be so nervous to start and so excited with his finish.

Great picture 👌
    its a good weekend when you're doing what you love. Back at it ultra training in my favourite place to run. Beautiful but cold day trying out my new salmon jacket.
    Oh man, that is a great shot.  
    Glad for you that this is something you can get back to.
    beano.79 said:
    its a good weekend when you're doing what you love. Back at it ultra training in my favourite place to run. Beautiful but cold day trying out my new salmon jacket.
    Nice! If I had that view while running, I would run longer distances for sure.

*Salomon (salmon😂)
  • Reached this years goal of running 10k under an hour. Thanks to a colleague pushing me now at lunch. 

Nice job!  Keep at it, on this path you will see the time drop pretty quickly.
    That is awesome, SC. I am glad you are keeping it up, especially since you are the one that started this thread. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2022
    My colleagues Garmin watch said 59:25 at 10K. So I guess I'll go with that as my current time.. 

- Next years goal: Be able to run 21 km

- 2024:s goal: Beat my Uncles record from 1975 - 10K in 47min 
    Love the goals.  
    I think you can run 13 miles now if you run 10k in under an hour.  
    Don't want to push too fast....if you add 2km a month you will be there in no time. 
    Reached this years goal of running 10k under an hour. Thanks to a colleague pushing me now at lunch. 

Great stuff 👌