The Food Thread

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Home made pumpkin cheese cake tart’s & apple turnovers just came out of oven the smell is unrivaled! 
    Mouth watering looking at those!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Co-workers let me in on their “county cook up” at lunch yesterday. They typically make it so it’s more of a loaf but we were a little rushed yesterday. Still pretty decent.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Nothing fancy, a grass fed sirloin steak with shimeji mushrooms in a soy butter sauce. I nailed the temp for my liking.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Looks great
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Looks great

Thank you! It was really, really good for a $12 supermarket steak.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Get_Right said:
    Nothing fancy, a grass fed sirloin steak with shimeji mushrooms in a soy butter sauce. I nailed the temp for my liking.

Uhmm yummy what Red vino did you pair it with? Or maybe a good classy beer? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Get_Right said:

Hermano!  Hope you and the family are well!  No vino or beer, but I killed that after a few scotches! May or may not have had another scotch after dinner.   :o
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Hermano!  Hope you and the family are well!  No vino or beer, but I killed that after a few scotches! May or may not have had another scotch after dinner.   :o
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

All well here hoping the same to you & family 🙏 Uhmm scotches sounds fine before dinner, I’m sure it was tasty..
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Homemade shrimp scampi. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Homemade shrimp scampi. 
    Uhmm yummy love that dish, just a small tip I cook the shrimp with shell on it just slice the top of it to devein, but the taste is really good and it creates more juice for flavor..
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Good to know Jose.  I never knew that, thank you!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Sometimes I'll eat the shell and all if no one is watching. Barbaric but like it. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Got a ceramic dutch oven today from salvation army. Cooked up a whole chicken chopped up over an open fire. Added a can of chipolte peppers, roasted some poblanoes, added turnips & carrots from my garden, onions, yucca, threw some tortillas on the fire. Charred the chix up a bit. Turned out great.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Pho rules

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    That's a beautiful sight!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Pho does rule.

• Pho rules

I took a shot at making my own.  it was good but needs some work.

THAT looks amazing.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Pho rules

Damn that looks good dude. 
    Looks killer!

Should we start planning Thanksgiving menu yet? Tell me what you have planned? I’m leaning for Ham & duck and trimmings and sea food appetizers with traditional desserts..
    Should we start planning Thanksgiving menu yet? Tell me what you have planned? I’m leaning for Ham & duck and trimmings and sea food appetizers with traditional desserts..
    Sounds good like a good spread!

I'm doing mostly "traditional", plus a small prime rib, seafood apps. Biggest twist is my wife is making personal desserts in ramekins (pumpkin pie cheesecake, red velvet cake and cannoli cupcakes for my son). 

I'm doing mostly "traditional", plus a small prime rib, seafood apps. Biggest twist is my wife is making personal desserts in ramekins (pumpkin pie cheesecake, red velvet cake and cannoli cupcakes for my son). 
    Great can’t wait to see what she come up with can’t go wrong with those desserts! 

Great can’t wait to see what she come up with can’t go wrong with those desserts! 
    We normally do both, full size, but always a ton left over. Sometimes it's good to try something different. Will certainly post!

My Mom will be making Thanksgiving dinner per usual. Typical Thanksgiving meal. We will have turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green bean casserole. For dessert we’ll have pumpkin pie, and pumpkin pudding with vanilla ice cream. I plan on maybe getting some baklava and/or bread pudding to share as well. Dinner is typically late afternoon 4 or 5pm so we’ll be having snacks for the Lions vs. Bills. I’m in charge of the snack table and planning on: smoked salmon, shrimp cocktail, “hot shots”(little jerky treats), chips and dips, cheeses, and crackers. But most importantly I’m gonna make a huge “crudité”. Otherwise known as a “veggie tray”.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:

My Mom will be making Thanksgiving dinner per usual. Typical Thanksgiving meal. We will have turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green bean casserole. For dessert we’ll have pumpkin pie, and pumpkin pudding with vanilla ice cream. I plan on maybe getting some baklava and/or bread pudding to share as well. Dinner is typically late afternoon 4 or 5pm so we’ll be having snacks for the Lions vs. Bills. I’m in charge of the snack table and planning on: smoked salmon, shrimp cocktail, “hot shots”(little jerky treats), chips and dips, cheeses, and crackers. But most importantly I’m gonna make a huge “crudité”. Otherwise known as a “veggie tray”.

Cool sounds scrumptious! 
    I was just discussing this with the family. How do we not make a turkey? Kids said just make all the side dishes but not the turkey. Really? Hmm minimum size at the local farm for a fresh organic turkey is 15 lbs at $7/lb. Never done a ham for thanksgiving, but it could be a good option since I am not a fan of frozen supermarket turkeys. What to buy?

I got to thinking and I’m passing on the crudités for the snack table. I totally forgot about Polish Roses and/or pickle wraps. That’s always a huge hit at Thanksgiving. It should be fine because we’ll probably have pickled vegetables during dinner anyway. 

Hi! said:

I got to thinking and I’m passing on the crudités for the snack table. I totally forgot about Polish Roses and/or pickle wraps. That’s always a huge hit at Thanksgiving. It should be fine because we’ll probably have pickled vegetables during dinner anyway. 

I had to look up polish roses. Scallions, cold cuts and cream cheese?  Not sure I could chomp down on a thick piece of scallion.  They look cool though.
    Get_Right said:
    Hi! said:

I had to look up polish roses. Scallions, cold cuts and cream cheese?  Not sure I could chomp down on a thick piece of scallion.  They look cool though.
    I love them. The “green onion” adds a nice crunch. Yeah, I just use cream cheese and cold cuts. I think a lot of people add in stuff to the cream cheese like chive, shredded cheddar, ect.

I’m going with a cold roar tray! Oysters topped with smoked salmon and a white fish ceviche for starters!