Options

A Perfect Circle working on new material, set to tour in 2017

123457»

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My husband just made me listen to that (and The Contrarian) for the first time.  Even though he swan-dives into it (and new music in general), I tend to take it in slowly, in glorious spoonfuls...and I've yet to be disappointed by this album.

He's seeing them in Columbus later this month.

Next time they're playing our city, we are IN.  Screw the cost!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    The Mrs. & I were tentatively planning a trip to AZ in September for our 5th year wedding anniversary. 

Looks like we’ll be putting that off for a month, and swinging through Denver instead. I just grabbed a pair of tickets for APC at Red Rocks. 

It will be nice to scratch this venue off the bucket list this year. 
    Rad! You’ll have a blast at Red Rocks...
    hedonist said:
    Good job, Merkin!

I have fallen in love with "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish".  The band, as always, is beautiful and loved by me, but this one - holy shit!

...and I dig the jammy McCready-ish guitar.  Howerdell fucking rocks - and plays the guitar given to him by Reznor.  Not sure if on this particular track.

Plus, the lyrics?  Good fucking god.

Thanks!!

I can’t wait! I’m pumped I’ll be seeing one of my all time favorite artists there as well, as opposed to seeing any random band that I have the opportunity to get to Red Rocks for. 

Hedonist, I agree on “So Long...” - I freaking love it. Disillusioned has grown on me in a big way as well.

i still haven’t listened to the whole album, but expect to have it by the end of the week. I’m not big on “Talk Talk” or “Hourglass”, but the other two songs I mentioned give me hope for the new album. I’m not expecting MDN or 13th Step, which I think might be the key here. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    I just listened to the album front to back for the first time, and I dig it. I don’t love every song, but overall I liked it. I think after a few more listens I’ll love it. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The video is about what I expected. I guess I’m somewhat indifferent to it.

I caught them a couple of weeks ago, they were great. 
    Maynard’s voice sounds amazing.... I can’t remember ever having heard his vocals as loud & clear as I did last month. 

Whatever he’s doing to keep his voice healthy is working, and working really well. 
  • Options
    The video is about what I expected. I guess I’m somewhat indifferent to it.

I caught them a couple of weeks ago, they were great. 
    Maynard’s voice sounds amazing.... I can’t remember ever having heard his vocals as loud & clear as I did last month. 

Whatever he’s doing to keep his voice healthy is working, and working really well. 
    He's singing mediocre songs with third tier bands and growing grapes.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Tomorrow night Cedar Rapids,IA. So excited
  • Options
    Nice! Enjoy, they are playing well! 
  • Options
    The poster is friggin’ awesome. They’ve been killing it with their posters over the last couple of years. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/aperfectcircle/comments/9wvfl1/signed_cedar_rapids_poster_1113/?st=JOH3WBDF&sh=ab8c3dd0
  • Options
    Poster was purchased. aPC showed up and killed it. Cedar Rapids attendance was bad though. Pretty ashamed of my town for showing out so poorly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD