###~~Dusseldorf Fanviews 21-6-07~~###

Comments

• Mirella wrote:
    pure magic :). Going to Pearl Jam concerts is addictive, especially because of all those other fans from all over the world.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)

Yeah, you're right. I was addicted before my first show, but now even more! And it was not only the band. As I said earlier, the crowd was sooo great, too. It was an magical evening (I think, now I sound cheesy)!

Greetings Snake_
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Best show i have ever seen in my life! We were second row directly in front of Stone and i thought it would be too rough but it wasn't!

Crowd was amazing, Ed was really overwhelmed and was crying after Baba! I don't know what else to say, it was just the most magical night of my life. Copenhagen and Nijmegen have a lot to live up to!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Best show i have ever seen in my life! We were second row directly in front of Stone and i thought it would be too rough but it wasn't!

Crowd was amazing, Ed was really overwhelmed and was crying after Baba! I don't know what else to say, it was just the most magical night of my life. Copenhagen and Nijmegen have a lot to live up to!
    Wow, I was right near you in the crowd! :rolleyes::D

It was an amazing show, and we were not expecting something so special from Dusseldorf. So glad we went to this show, it is one of the best I have ever seen. This and London have made me a very very happy PJ fan. Can't wait for Copenhagen and Nijmegen now.

Maybe i'll see you at one of the shows Ross! :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Ben.W wrote:
    Exactly, I'm pretty sure 100% of the people on this board feel the same was as you Tanja. It was also my first PJ experience and I really wasn't ready for just how good they'd be. In the seating area where I was, I could tell that a few guys near me weren't quite as obsessed as me, but I still had my heart on my sleeve throughout and was thrilled to see that the majority were doing the same, I would have hugely regretted it if I had held back.

We were in the business seating area and I was the only one who was dancing constantly until Interpol started the show. There were two girls who looked at me like if they would say: "Why are you dancing? This is a seating area not a dancefloor!" And I thought: "What the f...!? This is a concert and not a funeral, biatches!"

I still think I need a doctor cause I can't move as well as I should. :c)))

Tanja

Oh, I'm still ALIVE!!!
    Life comes from within my heart and desire

Concert Dusseldorf ISS-Dome; 21 June 2007
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Hi Tanja,

I totally agree with you. It was my first PJ-Show, too and I had really tears in my eyes. The band means so much to me as you wrote in your post!

For all of you folks who speak german, here is the link to an review I wrote about the show. Enjoy it!

http://omdb.info/modules.php?name=MusicDatabase&func=mdDoShowConcertReview&id=3

very good review!!!
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • MargoMargo Posts: 256

For all of you folks who speak german, here is the link to an review I wrote about the show. Enjoy it!

http://omdb.info/modules.php?name=MusicDatabase&func=mdDoShowConcertReview&id=3

Wow, nice review! I really enjoyed that - memories.....
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • Margo wrote:
    Wow, nice review! I really enjoyed that - memories.....

Thank you!

I was so blasted by the show I just had to write about it. I would die for a DVD of the gig, so I could relive the memories as often as I want...

Perhaps there will be an audio bootleg of it. I hope so!

Greetings Snake_
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Im jealous at all of you. :D
    I cant even read this thread anymore.
    I guess London memories for me *only* :D
    Im just slighly pissed i didnt get to hear Breath...
    Lucky bastards...friends. :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    Thank you!

I was so blasted by the show I just had to write about it. I would die for a DVD of the gig, so I could relive the memories as often as I want...

Perhaps there will be an audio bootleg of it. I hope so!

Greetings Snake_

Funny, I was so blasted that I am still lost for words....
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • Mirella wrote:
    what band?

groetjes,
    Mirella :)

"Sleepwalk"! Never heard of that! I just don't understand what goes in Mike's mind :P
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263

Hehe :D

Grin is lasting for days on end, on end, on end , on end.....imaging what will be after two more shows
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Margo wrote:
    Funny, I was so blasted that I am still lost for words....

My case is opposite.
    I'm telling everyone how cool this concert was. My Problem: my friends aren't really interested in this story. They are polite and listen... :-)

Therefore I coundn't stop talking how special this evening was, I had to write... instead of losing my friends... ;-))

Greetings
    My case is opposite.
    I'm telling everyone how cool this concert was. My Problem: my friends aren't really interested in this story. They are polite and listen... :-)

Now, that sounds familiar... I can see the looks on their faces.
    My case is opposite.

Therefore I coundn't stop talking how special this evening was, I had to write... instead of losing my friends... ;-))

Greetings
    I totally know that feeling :o
    Write away, we're all freaks here, hehe :)

Kushikushun, dont make me hate you even more :D
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839

Same feelings here :):D
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
    Yielded wrote:
    Same feelings here :):D
    Now I feel a little better, since Im not the only one :D
    Sorry for *hijacking* the thread, everyone :o
    I just had to post something, cause i know you guys had an amazing time
    and wanted to whine a bit here since i wasnt there...:p
    Hehe, hate me all you want ....*GRIN*!!!

But yeah, those faces. Well they have no clue what they are missing out on and thats alright by me..means I can get closer to the stage.

This place is where I can vent. And my cutie bf is a big PJ fan as well, so all good there.

p.s. did you guys see my pics...I am so proud of them hehe...;)
  • Margo wrote:
    Now, that sounds familiar... I can see the looks on their faces.

Yeah, this stoned smile and the bored look... ;-))
  • GrohlGrohl Posts: 3
    Ok. This was my third Pearl Jam gig this year. Went to see them in Dublin and Paris last year in August and September. Then I saw them in Dusseldorf this year. Paris will always stay in my heart because I was second row and managed to gain a Stone pic. Oh yes. And also my friend can be heard on the bootleg yelling some Irish phrases. Ah, memories.

After the first four songs, I knew this was goin to be different in Dusseldorf. I tried to predict the set list, with songs they usually play. I was sure I would get about 15 out of 25 songs I'd picked. How wrong I was. I got 6 out of 29!!

This was different to Paris and Dublin. I was standing to the right of the stage in the standing area. It wasnt as close, but I was able to take in more probably. I stood there with my friend singing every word I could. I went completely hoarse after Evolution, and embaressed the hell out of myself when I couldnt reach the notes of Baba O'Reilly due to the punishment my throat had taken.

Not only that but I think I fell in love with this german girl who was standing near us. At least I think she was german. :) If there's a german girl who wore a dark blue top and was standing to the right of the stage in the standing section, send me your name and number to 08..............maybe this isnt the right place.

Fact is I had a blast. The rare set list made the night. Im Open and Brain of J made me go insane. The only thing that could have made it better was if I had of been in the front row and had worn a Ramones t-shirt! That bastard!!! Haha
    Dublin 2006/08/23

Paris 2006/09/11

Dusseldorf 2007/06/21
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I wasn't at this show, but I just can't help commenting....

HOLY FUCK! DID YOU SEE THAT SETLIST?!?!?!?!?!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
    yahamita wrote:
    I wasn't at this show, but I just can't help commenting....

HOLY FUCK! DID YOU SEE THAT SETLIST?!?!?!?!?!
    Hahaha. yes :o Exactly. Lucky bastards :mad: :D
  • Hahaha. yes :o Exactly. Lucky bastards :mad: :D

ihihihi :D

Aren't you Einat?
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
    ihihihi :D

Aren't you Einat?
    Nope :)
    Im Sid.
    BeerBaron wrote:
    What happened to you? ditched the tour after the London show? :)
    Uhm, ditched? Well, I went to 5 shows, London was my last one :(
    Ok, its 4 shows, supposed to be 5, Venice didnt happen.
    I thought we were gonna see you after the show. we met everyone at the fountain and head down to the tube.
    It was great meeting you, tho, even tho it was breif :)
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Well that's two more shows that I got to do :(

Too bad you missed the Dussel show. It was amazing! I finally got Breath! :)

Nice meeting you too! I am sure our paths will cross again on a future tour ...
    Yeah, Im jealous I wanst there. for the show, the ppl AND Breath.
    I so wanted to hear it, so yeah...destiny. I guess it had to be.
    Oh yeah, Im sure we'll see each other again.
    Looking at your sig and we were totally at some same shows
    in the past. Like London :D, Montreal and Ottawa 05. :)
    Some awesome shows, i must add.

p.s. did you guys see my pics...I am so proud of them hehe...;)

Hey, great pics indeed! Are you going to send me some? See you on Thursday! I will try to make my way to the front!
    Margo
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    Bootleg soon?
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Viggo wrote:
    Bootleg soon?

still hoping
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    luxpjamer wrote:
    still hoping

and praying
    Why do we accept this no bootleg thingie without kicking and screaming...everyone seems so :cool: about it. We should hack the place here ;)