*** Pearl Jam New York, NY Fanviews 9/11/22 ***

Comments

• kosteva2 said:
    Curious, how many people here went to night 1 msg 03. 

That was the night the place shook for the first time. 

Im not saying its better than 2010, but that show was crazy too. 

Phlly 05, night 3 spectrum were truly special. 

Last night was like that.  
    I was there last night and MSG 1 '03.  Missed the '98 and '10 MSGs that are in the conversation for best MSG show.

Was comparing/contrasting last night w/ MSG 1 '03, Philly Ten show '16, Philly '05, and Philly '09 nights 3 and 4 w/ my touring buddy who was at all of these too.  Last night could tell pretty early was going to be special from the energy in the building.  

That MSG '03 show was in my personal top 5 and one of my most played bootlegs.  Incredible energy w/ nearly entire building Ten Club.  Ben Harper, Gimme Some Truth, Wishlist "Why Can't I Touch It," Crown, Breath, Low Light, Sonic Reducer.  They made a DVD out of it.

Philly Ten '16 show my favorite and hard to top.  Going beyond the Ten songs so many other good ones that you're like "oh shit, I forgot this was on here too":  Bee Girl, Comfortably Numb, All or None, RVM, Leash, Throw Your Hatred Down, Sonic Reducer, Who You Are, Star Spangled Banner.

Philly '05 great "rarity" show.  Good flow.  No album to promote so play whatever:  Wash, Sad, Alone, Man Trilogy, Bleed For Me, Harvest Moon, Crown, Hard to Imagine, Little Sister, Sonic Reducer

Philly '09 Spectrum 3 just really good start to finish listenable show w/ great energy, no duds.  Just really great run of songs mid 1st set: In Hiding, Hold On, Tremor Christ, Deep, Unthought Known, Untitled/MFC.  Throw in Breath and a MamaSon trilogy later and its a really good start to finish listen.

Philly '09 Spectrum 4 longest show with great rarities but felt a little more disjointed than others.  Pilate, Sweet Lew, Bugs, Out of My Mind, Low Light, Satan's Bed, Crown

MSG '22 just really good start to finish.  No duds.  Energy to me seemed a little better than all of the others (except for the Ten '16 set when Alive starts when everyone in the building had a "holy shit they're actually going to play the album start to finish that turned all of us on to this band ~25 years ago" moment).  A little apples-to-oranges comparison with the setlist structure being different these days but the 1st set Release through RVM as good as any.  Sure a lot of sing-a-long songs that get played a lot but they totally worked in that building with that crowd last night.  Didn't need the special guest or bust out rarities to make it great.  Can maybe argue the band as a whole sounded better and played longer those earlier tours.  This show will definitely get a lot of repeat play for me.  Hoping the bootleg captures the energy.
    Pretty much agree with everything you said. In hiding at spectrum 3 may be the best version of that song. 

Philly 05 may be the best setlist ever. 

For some reason the 10 show for me isnt that high. Prob not in my top 10 shows 

Is slow lukin overrated?  Do people like it bc its rare? You know whats better than slow lukin?

fast LUKIN.  
    Agree w Lukin, disagree w the Ten show.  When you have the WHOLE arena singing every note it is something special.  I had always said that if I got to hear an album front to back it wouldn't be TEN.  I was wrong...  It was amazing.

It got me a GA ticket to MSG the following show because a person was so upset that MSG wasn't where that was going to happen that they didn't want to go.  Their loss, my gain!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    kosteva2 said:

I was there last night and MSG 1 '03.  Missed the '98 and '10 MSGs that are in the conversation for best MSG show.

Was comparing/contrasting last night w/ MSG 1 '03, Philly Ten show '16, Philly '05, and Philly '09 nights 3 and 4 w/ my touring buddy who was at all of these too.  Last night could tell pretty early was going to be special from the energy in the building.  

That MSG '03 show was in my personal top 5 and one of my most played bootlegs.  Incredible energy w/ nearly entire building Ten Club.  Ben Harper, Gimme Some Truth, Wishlist "Why Can't I Touch It," Crown, Breath, Low Light, Sonic Reducer.  They made a DVD out of it.

Philly Ten '16 show my favorite and hard to top.  Going beyond the Ten songs so many other good ones that you're like "oh shit, I forgot this was on here too":  Bee Girl, Comfortably Numb, All or None, RVM, Leash, Throw Your Hatred Down, Sonic Reducer, Who You Are, Star Spangled Banner.

Philly '05 great "rarity" show.  Good flow.  No album to promote so play whatever:  Wash, Sad, Alone, Man Trilogy, Bleed For Me, Harvest Moon, Crown, Hard to Imagine, Little Sister, Sonic Reducer

Philly '09 Spectrum 3 just really good start to finish listenable show w/ great energy, no duds.  Just really great run of songs mid 1st set: In Hiding, Hold On, Tremor Christ, Deep, Unthought Known, Untitled/MFC.  Throw in Breath and a MamaSon trilogy later and its a really good start to finish listen.

Philly '09 Spectrum 4 longest show with great rarities but felt a little more disjointed than others.  Pilate, Sweet Lew, Bugs, Out of My Mind, Low Light, Satan's Bed, Crown

MSG '22 just really good start to finish.  No duds.  Energy to me seemed a little better than all of the others (except for the Ten '16 set when Alive starts when everyone in the building had a "holy shit they're actually going to play the album start to finish that turned all of us on to this band ~25 years ago" moment).  A little apples-to-oranges comparison with the setlist structure being different these days but the 1st set Release through RVM as good as any.  Sure a lot of sing-a-long songs that get played a lot but they totally worked in that building with that crowd last night.  Didn't need the special guest or bust out rarities to make it great.  Can maybe argue the band as a whole sounded better and played longer those earlier tours.  This show will definitely get a lot of repeat play for me.  Hoping the bootleg captures the energy.
    Pretty much agree with everything you said. In hiding at spectrum 3 may be the best version of that song. 

Is slow lukin overrated?  Do people like it bc its rare? You know whats better than slow lukin?

fast LUKIN.  
    Agree w Lukin, disagree w the Ten show.  When you have the WHOLE arena singing every note it is something special.  I had always said that if I got to hear an album front to back it wouldn't be TEN.  I was wrong...  It was amazing.

It got me a GA ticket to MSG the following show because a person was so upset that MSG wasn't where that was going to happen that they didn't want to go.  Their loss, my gain!
    100% the 10 show energy was off the charts. Guy next to me started crying when Alive started. Two guys behind me started crying when release started. A night I’ll never forget. 

I can’t imagine sitting an arena while Riot Act is being played in full. Would be awful. A theater for 10c members only? Yea. Definitely 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    nicknyr15 said:
    kosteva2 said:

fast LUKIN.  

100% the 10 show energy was off the charts. Guy next to me started crying when Alive started. Two guys behind me started crying when release started. A night I’ll never forget. 

I can’t imagine sitting an arena while Riot Act is being played in full. Would be awful. A theater for 10c members only? Yea. Definitely 
    Night 1 Once opener I thought they were going to do Ten, but obviously didn’t happen. Night 2 they open with Once and I think no way they would open with the same song unless it’s the full album. Even Flow hits and I was ecstatic. That night was special. Rest of the set was fantastic too, which was icing on the cake. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • nicknyr15 said:
    kosteva2 said:

fast LUKIN.  

Night 1 Once opener I thought they were going to do Ten, but obviously didn’t happen. Night 2 they open with Once and I think no way they would open with the same song unless it’s the full album. Even Flow hits and I was ecstatic. That night was special. Rest of the set was fantastic too, which was icing on the cake. 
    That first night you heard Master/Slave and thought, OK?!?  Once hits and then.... Animal.  We all looked at each other and said "That's not on Ten?!?" lol.
    nicknyr15 said:
    kosteva2 said:

fast LUKIN.  

Exactly! We all knew after even flow but when alive started … oh man. I get chills just typing that. 
  • Steve G said:
    Totally surprised i had 2 empty seats to my right. Sec. 106 row 12, gave me more room to dance but still unbelievable especially at the prices being asked and an apparent sell out. 

I have been fortunate to have attended every single MSG show from 98 on. This had all the energy to be expected, honestly i really can't compare the energy of all of them, so were notable stronger for different reasons, this one was special due to the 911 anniversary and the long wait to see them again. It was great to see the band back at it, they sounded tight. Still trying to get used to 23 song sets and wondering how they can keep it fresh when a lot of material needs replication to keep casual fans happy. NOT hearing Corduroy was a welcome surprise. I kind of felt for a few years they can rest that song a bit. 

All in all a great show, probably not my top Garden show but they're really hard to rate.

Looking forward to Camden.
    Those section 106 seats probably went unsold because someone had the brilliant idea to require a 6-month old presale code for last minutes ticket releases on TM…
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,468
    edited September 2022
    As of right now, 2 days after MSG, I got the following ranking (excluding 98 cause I wasn’t there)
    msg 2 2010
    msg 2022 (purely for the crowd)
    msg 2 2003 (better than night 1!!!)
    msg 1 2003
    msg 1 2016 (so damn underrated, considered it top 3, maybe the best main set I’ve ever seen)
    msg 1 2010
    msg 2 2016
    msg 1 2008
    msg 2 2008
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588
    As of right now, 2 days after MSG, I got the following ranking (excluding 98 cause I wasn’t there)
    msg 2 2010
    msg 1 2003
    msg 1 2016 (so damn underrated, considered it top 3, maybe the best main set I’ve ever seen)
    msg 1 2010
    msg 2 2016
    msg 1 2008
    msg 2 2008

I haven’t been to as many shows, but I def think Night 1 2008 is underrated. Great crowd, great set. 

I also think that this past show was top half of all my shows in terms of energy, but bottom in terms of set. It was amazing to see the band after so long and it was a special show, but doesn’t compare to some of the others. 

I feel like night 2 2016 was such a mixed bag. Some absolutely amazing songs mixed in with so many covers. Also, not the best crowd. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• yosi said:
    msg 2 2010
    msg 1 2003
    msg 1 2010
    msg 2 2016
    msg 1 2008
    msg 2 2008

I haven’t been to as many shows, but I def think Night 1 2008 is underrated. Great crowd, great set. 

I also think that this past show was top half of all my shows in terms of energy, but bottom in terms of set. It was amazing to see the band after so long and it was a special show, but doesn’t compare to some of the others. 

I feel like night 2 2016 was such a mixed bag. Some absolutely amazing songs mixed in with so many covers. Also, not the best crowd. 
    16 MSGN2 was my 8th show of the tour and the night before I was in GA, this night 200's and behind the stage.  I was very much worn out from hearing a few songs again... 12-15 repeats a night but then you would have other greats peppered in.

So I was burnt when N2 came around.  I can imagine how the band feels...
    yosi said:
    msg 2 2010
    msg 1 2003
    msg 1 2010
    msg 2 2016
    msg 1 2008
    msg 2 2008

16 MSGN2 was my 8th show of the tour and the night before I was in GA, this night 200's and behind the stage.  I was very much worn out from hearing a few songs again... 12-15 repeats a night but then you would have other greats peppered in.

Exactly. I think everyone was a little tired by the time this show happened hahah. 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    yosi said:
    msg 2 2010
    msg 1 2003
    msg 1 2010
    msg 2 2016
    msg 1 2008
    msg 2 2008

Exactly. I think everyone was a little tired by the time this show happened hahah. 
    I'm still chasing Of The Girl...
    nicknyr15 said:
    yosi said:
    msg 2 2010
    msg 1 2003
    msg 1 2010
    msg 2 2016
    msg 1 2008
    msg 2 2008

I'm still chasing Of The Girl...
    Last one for me was Newark 2010. Maybe tmrw? 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    nicknyr15 said:
    yosi said:
    msg 2 2010
    msg 1 2003
    msg 1 2010
    msg 2 2016
    msg 1 2008
    msg 2 2008

MSG N2 was my only show for 2016. 😞 and I agree it was lackluster.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • AB285441 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Very good energy this gig, which might be expected from a hits heavy set list.  I have the most fun at shows like this but the rare ones feel more special and leave more indelible memories.  So really a win-win.  Anyway this was a big hits heavy set, and I think the band just likes the energy of NY and what they can get out of them. 

Sonic reducer was great (wish Ed skipped the long speech about 9/11 and unity in these decisive times afterwards or of course just moved it because SR into RVM uninterrupted would have been insane from a crowd energy perspective)

was getting worried about curfew but laughed when Ed said they added an extra Canada show to pay for the MSG fine.  Serious question:  if it’s going to cost you a quarter million dollars, why not just come on stage at 8:40 and play the exact same length?  Doesn’t matter to me but just… I was always curious.

i thought the first six songs were a really strong start and despite the slower nature, the energy in the building was great!  There was a song where Ed I think either missed some lyrics or cut out but I couldn’t be sure because the singing was so loud (that always is a mark of a good show when that happens here and there!)

RITFW was indeed rocking.  Purple Rain is fine as a novelty:  I’m good with it being one and done.  

Really good show.  Of my MSG shows I’d say ultimately middle of the pack.  The one with Slow Lukin was the most insane to me.  But I had a really fun time singing and enjoying the energy.  And I also love Chloe/ crown of thorns!
    Last night was definitely up there, but I agree, 5/21/2010 was the most epic MSG for me...that Lukin slowdown was so amazing...and BM singalong was the best I've ever heard....it's on YouTube and gives me the chills everytime...and the rarities of Sweet Lew and Black Red Yellow
    I tried to describe that BM singalong and ovation after the intro to my buddy before the show.  Just needed to be there - absolutely bananas.  This show had so much of that for me.  Absolutely my fave Release ever.
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    yosi said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Karts said:
    My 7th Garden show. Good times but the weakest. Too many hits, seen it all before. Not enough of Gigaton; long gone are the days of challenging the crowd. 

The band is also not as tight as they were a decade ago. I just felt Stone and/or Matt not as into it, and there were plenty of mistakes and miscues. The amazing crowd were ahead of them and helping out. 

Has Stone been masked all tour? Haven't been following. Not sure I saw him on a microphone as a result. 

Where I was (223), Mike seemed low in the mix the first hour, but it may have just been everything a half step down. Sludgy stuff. 

Finally, following up the first responders speech with RVM was just a dumb choice. It used to be talking to the crowd would set the tone for the music. I guess as a primarily greatest hits band now this is to be expected. 

This show BLEW AWAY 2008 and was better than night 2 2016. Nothing will ever match or beat 98 and 2010 
    I'm curious, I only got to one of the shows between '98 and '10 - does one of those MSG shows even outshine the other, even if they're unquestionably the top 2 for you?
    5/21/10 is tops for me. And msg 2016 night 1 is sorely underrated. 
    I love night 1 in 08, that show was awesome. 2016 Night 1 had some amazing variety but a lot of covers…
    Funny I loved N2 08 over N1 08, most likely cause it was my first release 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• steven87 said:
    merlin401 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Karts said:
    My 7th Garden show. Good times but the weakest. Too many hits, seen it all before. Not enough of Gigaton; long gone are the days of challenging the crowd. 

The band is also not as tight as they were a decade ago. I just felt Stone and/or Matt not as into it, and there were plenty of mistakes and miscues. The amazing crowd were ahead of them and helping out. 

Has Stone been masked all tour? Haven't been following. Not sure I saw him on a microphone as a result. 

Where I was (223), Mike seemed low in the mix the first hour, but it may have just been everything a half step down. Sludgy stuff. 

Finally, following up the first responders speech with RVM was just a dumb choice. It used to be talking to the crowd would set the tone for the music. I guess as a primarily greatest hits band now this is to be expected. 

This show BLEW AWAY 2008 and was better than night 2 2016. Nothing will ever match or beat 98 and 2010 
    I'm curious, I only got to one of the shows between '98 and '10 - does one of those MSG shows even outshine the other, even if they're unquestionably the top 2 for you?
    5/21/10 is first place out of 30 shows for me 
    Curious how you rate some of the Philly highlights (which I’m assuming you drive down to) like the Ten show, Halloween closing down the spectrum, and spectrum #3 right before it.  Those are all contenders but yeah 5/21/10 is right near the top of the list for me too
    Philly 3 ‘09 is my all-time favorite I’ve been to. Slightly edges out MSG 2 ‘10 for me, but both were simply incredible. 
    steven87 said:
    merlin401 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Karts said:

Curious how you rate some of the Philly highlights (which I’m assuming you drive down to) like the Ten show, Halloween closing down the spectrum, and spectrum #3 right before it.  Those are all contenders but yeah 5/21/10 is right near the top of the list for me too
    Philly 3 ‘09 is my all-time favorite I’ve been to. Slightly edges out MSG 2 ‘10 for me, but both were simply incredible. 
    steven87 said:
    merlin401 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Karts said:

Those are 2 absolutely perfect shows and in my top 3 of 41 total. MSG 2022 right there at this very moment for a variety of reasons. We are all so lucky to have this band and every show is a gift,
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Edunn1973 said:
    Unbelievable.  Pit was insane.  We were up in the nosebleeds but still had an amazing time.  
    That's the sign of a great show: when you can see the floor/pit is going crazy from up in the nosebleeds, but you still have an amazing time up there. I've had that too and it really does mean the show is THAT good.  Glad you enjoyed it!
  • radial21radial21 Posts: 227
    edited September 2022
    Just got home to PA after a few days in NYC.

What a show.  This was number 25 for me.  While I can’t say it was the best show I was at, the best set list I’ve seen, or even my favorite show, I can 100% say this was my favorite PJ experience ever.

The crowd was epic, I’ve never seen a crowd so into it. This was my first MSG show so maybe there have been better but for my money this crowd took the crown.

Opening with Release was the perfect start.  You could tell it was going to be a special night at that first note.  Present Tense going from seated and into a full out jam then right into Porch was probably the highlight of the night.  Sonic Reducer was epic, and what can you say about Chloe/Crown.  The crowd did tone down a bit for the 3 Gigaton songs, but I really enjoyed them, especially Who Ever Said.  But Eddie brought the crowd back with Betterman and carried them the rest of the way.

If I can nitpick anything, I’d have loved for either Why Go or DTE to be swapped out for a more rare song in the encore, but the crowd absolutely ate those 2 songs up so it’s hard to complain much. 

First show since Wrigley in 18 and the band sounded great, I swear Ed’s voice gets better with age.  Hoping they continue to tour for at least a few shows every year so we can all keep enjoying the ride!
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    AB285441 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Very good energy this gig, which might be expected from a hits heavy set list.  I have the most fun at shows like this but the rare ones feel more special and leave more indelible memories.  So really a win-win.  Anyway this was a big hits heavy set, and I think the band just likes the energy of NY and what they can get out of them. 

Sonic reducer was great (wish Ed skipped the long speech about 9/11 and unity in these decisive times afterwards or of course just moved it because SR into RVM uninterrupted would have been insane from a crowd energy perspective)

was getting worried about curfew but laughed when Ed said they added an extra Canada show to pay for the MSG fine.  Serious question:  if it’s going to cost you a quarter million dollars, why not just come on stage at 8:40 and play the exact same length?  Doesn’t matter to me but just… I was always curious.

i thought the first six songs were a really strong start and despite the slower nature, the energy in the building was great!  There was a song where Ed I think either missed some lyrics or cut out but I couldn’t be sure because the singing was so loud (that always is a mark of a good show when that happens here and there!)

RITFW was indeed rocking.  Purple Rain is fine as a novelty:  I’m good with it being one and done.  

Really good show.  Of my MSG shows I’d say ultimately middle of the pack.  The one with Slow Lukin was the most insane to me.  But I had a really fun time singing and enjoying the energy.  And I also love Chloe/ crown of thorns!
    Last night was definitely up there, but I agree, 5/21/2010 was the most epic MSG for me...that Lukin slowdown was so amazing...and BM singalong was the best I've ever heard....it's on YouTube and gives me the chills everytime...and the rarities of Sweet Lew and Black Red Yellow
    I tried to describe that BM singalong and ovation after the intro to my buddy before the show.  Just needed to be there - absolutely bananas.  This show had so much of that for me.  Absolutely my fave Release ever.
    Two days later and I still tear up thinking about Release the other night. I think if I could pick one song from all the shows I’ve been to to explain why I love seeing this band, that would be it. 
  • A couple days late but what an unreal show. I had such expectations and they delivered and exceeded them. I knew it was going to be a special night when Release started the show....the amazing energy and Eddie's voice never died. It was a perfect setlist for this night and this crowd. Eddie truly is a master at that. 

I was up in section 324 row 1 that was separate from the rest of the section and I am not exaggerating it was literally shaking at the end during RITFW. I genuinely wondered if it was possible this thing could collapse  =)

Just a truly special night. One I will never forget. This is right up there with the Ten show in Philly. Seeing this band really is my Church. Thank you Pearl Jam!!!

Can't wait for Camden tomorrow night. 
  • tdawe said:
    AB285441 said:
    merlin401 said:

Two days later and I still tear up thinking about Release the other night. I think if I could pick one song from all the shows I’ve been to to explain why I love seeing this band, that would be it. 
    Perfectly said and same thing for me, 2 days later!  There are few feelings in the world better that that one we all felt on Sunday night at MSG. Hope to see some of you in Camden, Nashville and Denver!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    AB285441 said:
    merlin401 said:

That BM and that whole encore might be my favorite encore. 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    ... waiting for the bootleg release ...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • I am too old to compare the 25 (or so) shows that I have seen all I know is that it was absolutely awesome the other night.  The energy was crazy, not so sure other bands create the same enthusiasm (definitely not for me).  I don't chase rarities anymore as I feel like when a bunch of the crowd doesn't know the song it drains the energy.  Beside the people behind me in sec. 119 talking the whole time it was a phenomenal experience, can't wait to do it again.  

On a separate note, Eddie was wearing a Capitol Theater shirt from Port Chester NY (I believe).  I was told by somebody that they had played a private gig there a couple of months ago and were possibly going to play another one?  I don't see anything written about it on the site and was just wondering if anybody had heard about it? 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    HS152050 said:
    I am too old to compare the 25 (or so) shows that I have seen all I know is that it was absolutely awesome the other night.  The energy was crazy, not so sure other bands create the same enthusiasm (definitely not for me).  I don't chase rarities anymore as I feel like when a bunch of the crowd doesn't know the song it drains the energy.  Beside the people behind me in sec. 119 talking the whole time it was a phenomenal experience, can't wait to do it again.  

On a separate note, Eddie was wearing a Capitol Theater shirt from Port Chester NY (I believe).  I was told by somebody that they had played a private gig there a couple of months ago and were possibly going to play another one?  I don't see anything written about it on the site and was just wondering if anybody had heard about it? 
    Yes that was a Cap t-shirt. Eddie & The Earthlings played a private show there before the Beacon shows in February, IIRC it was truly private, no radio contest winners or fan club tix or anything like that. 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    edited September 2022
    tdawe said:
    HS152050 said:
    I am too old to compare the 25 (or so) shows that I have seen all I know is that it was absolutely awesome the other night.  The energy was crazy, not so sure other bands create the same enthusiasm (definitely not for me).  I don't chase rarities anymore as I feel like when a bunch of the crowd doesn't know the song it drains the energy.  Beside the people behind me in sec. 119 talking the whole time it was a phenomenal experience, can't wait to do it again.  

Yes that was a Cap t-shirt. Eddie & The Earthlings played a private show there before the Beacon shows in February, IIRC it was truly private, no radio contest winners or fan club tix or anything like that. 
    I was at the reopening of the Cap show with Bob Dylan in 2012.  Cannot believe that was a decade ago!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • I didn't think any crowd could ever come close to 5/21/10, but I think start to finish, Sunday's crowd was a tad better.  Although the 5/21/10 BM is still the loudest I have ever heard.  Show wise 5/21 is tops for me.  Would put this one somewhere around 5th (out of approx 60)

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588
    yosi said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JH6056 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Karts said:

I love night 1 in 08, that show was awesome. 2016 Night 1 had some amazing variety but a lot of covers…
    Funny I loved N2 08 over N1 08, most likely cause it was my first release 
    I felt like there were a lot of repeats and also, that version of HTI might be my favorite. Still, I really enjoyed N2 as well!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Show #28, my first at MSG and I made it to the rail!! The most life-affirming experience I can recall in a long long time. The crowd was amazing and the band was beyond all hopes. It was a gift.