The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    I think there's a thread on the board about wanting the band to play Minnesota. I would enjoy that if it happened.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • DM282158 said:
    Guy I met on the plane back to Boston from Toronto said he heard 3 nights at Fenway. 

But I didn’t even get his name. So I wouldn’t go booking hotels quite yet. 
    This seems to be the rumor among other folks in Boston. Didn’t get specifics on number of nights but did hear Fenway was a real possibility in 2023.
  • DM282158 said:
    Guy I met on the plane back to Boston from Toronto said he heard 3 nights at Fenway. 

This seems to be the rumor among other folks in Boston. Didn’t get specifics on number of nights but did hear Fenway was a real possibility in 2023.
    This sounds a lot like the 31 Flavors scene in Ferris Buellers day off. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    DM282158 said:

This sounds a lot like the 31 Flavors scene in Ferris Buellers day off. 
    Can’t tell ya how tempted I was to include that reference in my post. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    edited September 2022
    tschav said:
    Guessing 2023 NA will be less locations than the original 2020 fall plans, favoring larger ballpark shows and slightly longer setlists. I can see them a bit more conservative on # of shows to stay healthy, and go with bigger shows to pull in good $. 
    Slightly longer setlists...so like 26 songs with one being Lukin??? Haha.

For me I'm not sure it's worth the inflated ticket price to have an arena setlist copy and pasted into a ballpark setting. Personally, with the shortened setlists I don't have a reason to travel to see PJ anymore. I know they're old, etc but it just ain't what a used to be. If they come to my town, I'll be there in a heartbeat.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    tschav said:
    Guessing 2023 NA will be less locations than the original 2020 fall plans, favoring larger ballpark shows and slightly longer setlists. I can see them a bit more conservative on # of shows to stay healthy, and go with bigger shows to pull in good $. 
    Slightly longer setlists...so like 26 songs with one being Lukin??? Haha.

For me I'm not sure it's worth the inflated ticket price to have an arena setlist copy and pasted into a ballpark of setting. Personally, with the shortened setlists I don't have a reason to travel. If they come to my town, heck yeah though.
    100% agree with you in regard to traveling.  Hopefully the setlists get back to a decent length after this year.  I wasn’t even upset that I missed my first ever garden show last night
    adter seeing the set. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • A show or two in Chicago or Indianapolis in 2023 would be great. 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited September 2022
    A show or two in Chicago or Indianapolis in 2023 would be great. 

The fall 2020 rumors...who the hell knows if management is still in discussions there or not.

But between Chicago and one Ohio stop originally planned, you've gotta think those wheels could be turning.

The first priority was obviously to get to the spring and Europe 2020 dates before announcing anything new...but hopefully for 2023.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    I hope east coast gets Philly and DC.
  • DM282158 said:

I figure Fenway will be getting two at least. I'm holding out hope for the Garden as I would prefer an arena, but I won't complain if they're playing in my home town. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    I'm kinda over Fenway at this point. Seeing them at MSG the other night reminded me just how much I love a good arena show.  However, I understand that as a business decision, it's probably a no brainer for the band., Sell 70-80,000 tickets over the course of two days. Pretty much anyone that wants to go can go.  And I would certainly go if that was the only New England option.  But I would prefer TD or another show at the XL Center in Hartford. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    edited September 2022
    I'm kinda over Fenway at this point. Seeing them at MSG the other night reminded me just how much I love a good arena show.  However, I understand that as a business decision, it's probably a no brainer for the band., Sell 70-80,000 tickets over the course of two days. Pretty much anyone that wants to go can go.  And I would certainly go if that was the only New England option.  But I would prefer TD or another show at the XL Center in Hartford. 
    I haven't seen PJ in an arena since spring of '16, and they haven't played a New England arena in almost 9 years... I miss indoor shows.

I live about 15 minutes from Fenway... I'll never complain about them playing that close to my house, but yeah... I'm also over ballpark shows. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I don't enjoy getting in and out of concerts at TD Garden. Kind of a pain to get to, parking sucks, etc. Fenway is easier, but the seats won't be better. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I’ve seen them at Safeco, Wrigley and Fenway. I probably wouldn’t travel to a stadium I’d already been to. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    SAME. Plus the sound is soooo much better. You get a better crowd feel at an arena show. You can see better at even the worst seats. Everything is better. But agree with your business decision take as well - they will keep doing it.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    Crossing fingers for a New England Pearl Jam Tour in 2023.
    demetrios said:
    That would be amazing.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    Has anybody mentioned that California is overdue for some shows? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    D-Rod said:
    Has anybody mentioned that California is overdue for some shows? 
    No. Because no. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    demetrios said:
    Yessssssssssss

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    I do think they should try to work in some makeup dates (Baltimore Raleigh Vegas Sacramento, plus the Euro ones when they get back out there). But with this fan base, damned if you do damned if you don’t, so I don’t blame them for just doing whatever they want.
    Could they please do a us/canadian summer tour next year sans stadiums?  
  • MyBitterHands76MyBitterHands76 Posts: 340
    edited September 2022
    joseph33 said:
    I have feel this way they are playing Camden this time around. Maybe hitting Philly next summer. Possibly the long rumored Citizens Bank Park show or shows? Apparently it was supposed to happen In 2018 it just didn’t pan out. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    I'll ALWAYS go to Wrigley....
    joseph33 said:
    I have feel this way they are playing Camden this time around. Maybe hitting Philly next summer. Possibly the long rumored Citizens Bank Park show or shows? Apparently it was supposed to happen In 2018 it just didn’t pan out. 
    Camden again? I prefer Philly proper.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Atlanta says please 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JojoRice said:
    Atlanta says please 

Which was supposed to happen in 2016 until Bonnaroo happened, right?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Love Wrigley, the Cubs, and Pearl Jam but I wouldn't mind a change of scenery for the next Chicago show. Soldiers Field would be cool to revisit. Alpine Valley would be fantastic too. United Center is always fun.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Arenas > stadiums
    Arenas>sheds>stadiums