The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

1568101145

Comments

  • Pearl Jam fans are the home of hype and false hope.

    Oh! They're in NYC on 9/11! It's gonna be an epic 3.5 hour show with all sorts of guests and tributes and rarities and...

    Anyone who thinks a new album means the return of three hour shows... don't get your hopes up.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 151
    Pearl Jam fans are the home of hype and false hope.

    Oh! They're in NYC on 9/11! It's gonna be an epic 3.5 hour show with all sorts of guests and tributes and rarities and...

    Anyone who thinks a new album means the return of three hour shows... don't get your hopes up.
    What if the album is 3 hours long?
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA AustraliaPosts: 3,403
    Not holding much hope for an Australian tour for Feb March. Time is getting on and there is literally zero rumour / speculation. I’m thinking at best it could be Oct Nov 23. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & LuxembourgPosts: 496
    The USD is so strong against most of the currencies that I cannot see them touring outside of the USA in 2023…
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • “Come back to Maine! 
    1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza
    2008: Bonnaroo, Camden I&II, Hartford, Mansfield I&II
    2009: Philadelphia III&IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, New York City II
    2011: Alpine Valley I&II
    2013: Buffalo, Worcester I&II, Hartford, Los Angeles I&II
    2014: Tulsa, Lincoln
    2016: New York City I&II, Quebec City, Boston I&II, Chicago I&II
    2017: New York 
    2018: Seattle I&II, Boston I&II

  • 1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza
    2008: Bonnaroo, Camden I&II, Hartford, Mansfield I&II
    2009: Philadelphia III&IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, New York City II
    2011: Alpine Valley I&II
    2013: Buffalo, Worcester I&II, Hartford, Los Angeles I&II
    2014: Tulsa, Lincoln
    2016: New York City I&II, Quebec City, Boston I&II, Chicago I&II
    2017: New York 
    2018: Seattle I&II, Boston I&II
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 140
    JimmyV said:
    The 2023 tour will be a tour for the next album as the gigaton era and the 25 song sets era concludes.

    Bold 2023 rumor we can hope is true!
    Gigaton era being over makes me sad. I feel like they barely toured it, and they were over most of the songs by the time they got to play them live. It’s a great album. I feel like we missed out on what would have been a great, energized album tour in 2020. 
    100% agreed. To each their own and all, but I'm kind of amazed how many folks on here shit talk Gigaton. It's a really solid record, especially for a band 30 years in.

    Yeah, I wish I had gotten to hear more of it. Only four songs in two shows - Alright, Who Ever Said, DOTC twice and 7 O'clock twice. Don't really have a feel for any of these songs live yet. 
    The songs that I thought would sound great live (Who Ever Said, Never Destination and SBWM) have disappointed me in listening to all the bootlegs.  Ed has really struggled with the lyrics which throws the songs off too.  I like the album but not much translates to the live stage well. Retrograde sounds good live, but that’s about it.  I knew DOTC would be tough, 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FLPosts: 921
    PJ will probably do stadiums. There's too much money to be made for such little work. At this point in their career the band is a massive capitalist venture and the guys are old. 

    Still love them more than just about any other band, but call it what it is. :)


    Painful to say but will they fill stadiums outside of their 2 hometowns and the 3 major markets in the northeast, without excessive traveling by fan club members? Maybe? 

    If the goal is to draw fans from around the US to travel to fill a handful of stadiums, maybe they should be considering the environmental impact of all that travel, and wait to tour the US when they can do a proper tour that fairly hits all the major markets in 2 or 3 legs.

    At least one more "old fashioned" full US Tour please before calling it quits. Its been ten years. If they need to charge a little more to make the economics work so be it, worth every dollar to see them at a 360 arena show.


    I wouldn't think Coldplay could fill a stadium, but they did. No doubt PJ could do the same. 
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,264
    edited September 2022
    ^ I remember thinking the same thing. Coldplay is gonna sell out Gillette Stadium? No way. Then they did…
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, ILPosts: 3,137
    Hopefully Indianapolis and Milwaukee, I’m over Wrigley Field shows
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??

    2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI

    RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

    RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NYPosts: 3,118
    Ugh the lack of any rumors is rough. We thinking nothing (no new shows no announcements) until the new year?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, OntarioPosts: 1,489
    Ugh the lack of any rumors is rough. We thinking nothing (no new shows no announcements) until the new year?
    If there playing South America in March then that announcement would be October-November? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
  • “Come back to Maine! 
    Yes!!!

    Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 5,285
    ^ I remember thinking the same thing. Coldplay is gonna sell out Gillette Stadium? No way. Then they did…


    I agree, its surprising, but coldplays market is much different than this one. They attract a younger pop oriented crowd who'd jump at the chance to sit in the cumulus stratosphere for 50 bucks.  I'm not sure this audience is on board with that 

    I never thought I'd ever say this, but the Cali dates were eye opening. It's possible the promoter took a bit of a hit (yea!). After that, I wouldn't front $ for unproven markets for a stadium advance, but probably LN takes a flier on that risk 

    The band should take some well deserved time off and when ready,  do it right. Not these cheesy mini US tours of the past ten years. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 681
    edited September 2022
    ^ I remember thinking the same thing. Coldplay is gonna sell out Gillette Stadium? No way. Then they did…


    I agree, its surprising, but coldplays market is much different than this one. They attract a younger pop oriented crowd who'd jump at the chance to sit in the cumulus stratosphere for 50 bucks.  I'm not sure this audience is on board with that 

    I never thought I'd ever say this, but the Cali dates were eye opening. It's possible the promoter took a bit of a hit (yea!). After that, I wouldn't front $ for unproven markets for a stadium advance, but probably LN takes a flier on that risk 

    The band should take some well deserved time off and when ready,  do it right. Not these cheesy mini US tours of the past ten years. 
    So they really do it for the money?  They could easily sell out 20k arenas in a southern tour of Atlanta, Miami, Tampa,  Houston, Dallas, San Antonio but choose to play to half empty arenas in California.  They need to start serving their customer market and not there political interests.  Not everyone in the south is a stereotypical crazy redneck republican.  Most of the East and West coasts moved down here during the pandemic anyway.  
  • Doubt they tour next year but hope I’m wrong!
    4/17/94 Paramount Theatre, NY — 9/28/96 Randall's Island, NY — 8/25/00 Jones Beach, NY
    4/28/03 Philadelphia, PA — 7/5/03 Camden, NJ — 7/6/03 Camden, NJ — 07/08/03 MSG — 07/09/03 MSG
    7/12/03 Hershey, PA — 7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ — 6/12/08 Tampa, FL — 11/28/12 EV Orlando, FL
    10/19/13 Brooklyn, NY — 4/11/16 Tampa, FL — 5/1/16 MSG — 5/2/16 MSG — 8/7/16 Boston, MA
    9/2/18 Boston, MA — 9/4/18 Boston, MA
    9/11/22 MSG, 9/16/22 Nashville
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 5,285
    vedpunk said:
    ^ I remember thinking the same thing. Coldplay is gonna sell out Gillette Stadium? No way. Then they did…


    I agree, its surprising, but coldplays market is much different than this one. They attract a younger pop oriented crowd who'd jump at the chance to sit in the cumulus stratosphere for 50 bucks.  I'm not sure this audience is on board with that 

    I never thought I'd ever say this, but the Cali dates were eye opening. It's possible the promoter took a bit of a hit (yea!). After that, I wouldn't front $ for unproven markets for a stadium advance, but probably LN takes a flier on that risk 

    The band should take some well deserved time off and when ready,  do it right. Not these cheesy mini US tours of the past ten years. 
    So they really do it for the money?  They could easily sell out 20k arenas in a southern tour of Atlanta, Miami, Tampa,  Houston, Dallas, San Antonio but choose to play to half empty arenas in California.  They need to start serving their customer market and not there political interests.  Not everyone in the south is a stereotypical crazy redneck republican.  Most of the East and West coasts moved down here during the pandemic anyway.  

    Definitely agree itd be best if they hit all the major league markets when they are ready. Keep in mind they played more traditional red markets this year than the blue northeast, so I don't see why they'd be averse to any regions

    And if economics is the issue, then PLEASE charge me more money to play arenas. Arenas effing rock like nothing else w this band. We all know it.

    And I'd rather pay you guys than CITGO and Marriott. 
  • CO278952 said:
    Doubt they tour next year but hope I’m wrong!
    No way they go a whole calendar year without touring with so many markets left to hit for Gigaton
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 482
    hihobibo said:
    PJ will probably do stadiums. There's too much money to be made for such little work. At this point in their career the band is a massive capitalist venture and the guys are old. 

    Still love them more than just about any other band, but call it what it is. :)


    Painful to say but will they fill stadiums outside of their 2 hometowns and the 3 major markets in the northeast, without excessive traveling by fan club members? Maybe? 

    If the goal is to draw fans from around the US to travel to fill a handful of stadiums, maybe they should be considering the environmental impact of all that travel, and wait to tour the US when they can do a proper tour that fairly hits all the major markets in 2 or 3 legs.

    At least one more "old fashioned" full US Tour please before calling it quits. Its been ten years. If they need to charge a little more to make the economics work so be it, worth every dollar to see them at a 360 arena show.


    I wouldn't think Coldplay could fill a stadium, but they did. No doubt PJ could do the same. 
    Coldplay just sold out Wembley for 6 straight nights. They suck, but they sell a lot of tickets while doing it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 26,853
    I just want them to tour the us in the summer so I can travel to see them.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 17,244
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just want them to tour the us in the summer so I can travel to see them.
    From your lips to their ears. This is the dream. 
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MAPosts: 459
    edited September 2022
    Didn’t Stone allude to them touring in 2023 (and recording a few tracks with Andrew Watts already) in that interview he did a few months ago?

    also…. Looottttaaaa time to make up due to Covid. First album in 7 years and then couldn’t tour for 2 years. 
    Post edited by DM282158 on
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 482
    Hankj25 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The 2023 tour will be a tour for the next album as the gigaton era and the 25 song sets era concludes.

    Bold 2023 rumor we can hope is true!
    Gigaton era being over makes me sad. I feel like they barely toured it, and they were over most of the songs by the time they got to play them live. It’s a great album. I feel like we missed out on what would have been a great, energized album tour in 2020. 
    100% agreed. To each their own and all, but I'm kind of amazed how many folks on here shit talk Gigaton. It's a really solid record, especially for a band 30 years in.

    Yeah, I wish I had gotten to hear more of it. Only four songs in two shows - Alright, Who Ever Said, DOTC twice and 7 O'clock twice. Don't really have a feel for any of these songs live yet. 
    The songs that I thought would sound great live (Who Ever Said, Never Destination and SBWM) have disappointed me in listening to all the bootlegs.  Ed has really struggled with the lyrics which throws the songs off too.  I like the album but not much translates to the live stage well. Retrograde sounds good live, but that’s about it.  I knew DOTC would be tough, 
    As someone who went to "several" shows on this tour, Who Ever Said is now my piss and a beer song. It is really not good live.  Quick Escape is a keeper. They seem to have dropped Take The Long Road all together.
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MIPosts: 544
    kaw753 said:
    Hankj25 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The 2023 tour will be a tour for the next album as the gigaton era and the 25 song sets era concludes.

    Bold 2023 rumor we can hope is true!
    Gigaton era being over makes me sad. I feel like they barely toured it, and they were over most of the songs by the time they got to play them live. It’s a great album. I feel like we missed out on what would have been a great, energized album tour in 2020. 
    100% agreed. To each their own and all, but I'm kind of amazed how many folks on here shit talk Gigaton. It's a really solid record, especially for a band 30 years in.

    Yeah, I wish I had gotten to hear more of it. Only four songs in two shows - Alright, Who Ever Said, DOTC twice and 7 O'clock twice. Don't really have a feel for any of these songs live yet. 
    The songs that I thought would sound great live (Who Ever Said, Never Destination and SBWM) have disappointed me in listening to all the bootlegs.  Ed has really struggled with the lyrics which throws the songs off too.  I like the album but not much translates to the live stage well. Retrograde sounds good live, but that’s about it.  I knew DOTC would be tough, 
    As someone who went to "several" shows on this tour, Who Ever Said is now my piss and a beer song. It is really not good live.  Quick Escape is a keeper. They seem to have dropped Take The Long Road all together.
    I thought Who Ever Said was the best live of the new songs 🤷‍♂️ To each their own. Sounded great in Nashville anyway. I’m bored of Quick Escape already to he honest 
  • They didn’t hit Boston, Seattle & Chicago this year. They will definitely tour again next year!
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 79,753
    They didn’t hit Boston, Seattle & Chicago this year. They will definitely tour again next year!


  • Next North American leg should be:
    Houston - New Orleans - Atlanta - Raleigh - DC/Balt- NY/Philly - Boston - Pitt - Ohio - Detroit - Chicago - Minny - Seattle
    CLEVELAND
    +1 Way overdue, 12yrs and counting.....
  • Seeing Pearl Jam at least once a year should be a constitutional right. 
    Agreed,  and make it in Cleveland!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 11,951
    After seeing Camden and Nashville and how on fire these guys are (and how old we are all getting) I sure hope they continue touring and head back out next spring/summer in the US.   Already jonesing for more shows.   
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 711
    Would really like a U.K./European tour next year. Though I’m thinking an EV Earthlings mini tour to Europe is more likely given EV just wants to play live and Jeff hates touring. 

    Don’t know why but my instinct is that they may never play Aus/NZ ever again. Makes less economic sense than North America and Europe. 
Sign In or Register to comment.