I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    MedozK said:
    Got these in the mail today. Will try and make time to listen this weekend.

Nice.

is the monk the Impex?

I’ve heard good things but know nothing about them 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    MedozK said:

Monk's Dream is fantastic!  Enjoy!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK said:

Nice.

is the monk the Impex?

I’ve heard good things but know nothing about them 
    Yep, its the Impex. I'm a big fan of Impex.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I have the Impex too.  It's excellent.

Runout says "Dr Groove"!
    mrussel1 said:
    I have the Impex too.  It's excellent.

Runout says "Dr Groove"!
    Yep
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    MedozK said:

Is that the latest Impex Monk’s Dream pressing? I have the 2017 and it’s awesome
    MedozK said:

Is that the latest Impex Monk’s Dream pressing? I have the 2017 and it’s awesome
    Yep, its a repress. 
    Weird that I can't find this on Discogs (yet?) but it's out, I've got it, and it's great!  Mid period Dinosaur Jr,: glorious, ear-bleeding bummer rock at it's best.  Side one starts off a bit slow, murky and weird, then gets loud and nicely weird.  Side two is total LOUD, weird, and glorious.  I'm really glad this is an EP, otherwise I would be bothering the neighbors with my loud tinnitus.

Dinosaur Jr issue 1993 MTV session as SeventyTwoHundredSeconds EP   hang the dj

Cherry Records/ MTV, BRED 848, 2022
    45 RPM, 12"
    Ear Bleeding Country/ Bummer Rock
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mickeyrat said:
    meanwhile my $20 mono reissue sounds just lovely
    I’m trying hard to get into mono. Minus those old stereo recordings with really hard L&R I still can’t buy mono, unless it’s only in mono 
    Mono should sound just like listening to a cassette tape w headphones back in the day, no?
    I think I only ever owned one or two cassettes. By the time I was about 13 I went straight to cd’s as they become dominant right about then 

kind of missed that whole era 
    You did miss out then.  You never got to understand the pain of forward and reversing through songs or grabbing a pen to fast forward the tape and save your battery, lol.
    Or the joy of a cassette being ate by your player and getting mangled.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    mickeyrat said:
    I’m trying hard to get into mono. Minus those old stereo recordings with really hard L&R I still can’t buy mono, unless it’s only in mono 
    Mono should sound just like listening to a cassette tape w headphones back in the day, no?
    I think I only ever owned one or two cassettes. By the time I was about 13 I went straight to cd’s as they become dominant right about then 

You did miss out then.  You never got to understand the pain of forward and reversing through songs or grabbing a pen to fast forward the tape and save your battery, lol.

Your post triggered me.   I loathe casettes both audio cassettes and video cassettes so much.   Always getting your favourite tapes chewed up in players.  It was supper annoying.

At least with records and cd's, if you take decent care of them they go on forever.. but putting a tape in a player... often it felt like roulette :(
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Oh man,  some Beatles in mono is really enjoyable. 
    AND LOUD too.  (REVOLVER)
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    brianlux said:
    Weird that I can't find this on Discogs (yet?) but it's out, I've got it, and it's great!  Mid period Dinosaur Jr,: glorious, ear-bleeding bummer rock at it's best.  Side one starts off a bit slow, murky and weird, then gets loud and nicely weird.  Side two is total LOUD, weird, and glorious.  I'm really glad this is an EP, otherwise I would be bothering the neighbors with my loud tinnitus.

45 RPM, 12"
    Nice it's on my list if I start buying records again, I'm 2 months in to my break. Been watching this online on the usual sites but waiting on a good price. Not that it's overly expensive but I think it might come down.
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"
    Nice it's on my list if I start buying records again, I'm 2 months in to my break. Been watching this online on the usual sites but waiting on a good price. Not that it's overly expensive but I think it might come down.
    Oh it's dropped about £5 gbp here. Guess my break from buying vinyl is going to end.
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

If you're a Dino fan and decide to go for it, I don't think you will be disappointed! 
    I sure hope someone gets around to putting this on Discogs (I don't feel qualified to do that myself) so I can add this to my Discogs collection.
    Here's the link for anyone interested:

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Oh man,  some Beatles in mono is really enjoyable. 
    AND LOUD too.  (REVOLVER)
    Revolver... 

I paid close to a hundred bucks for my copy and I don't regret it a bit. It's so great in mono.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Zod said:
    mickeyrat said:

Your post triggered me.   I loathe casettes both audio cassettes and video cassettes so much.   Always getting your favourite tapes chewed up in players.  It was supper annoying.

At least with records and cd's, if you take decent care of them they go on forever.. but putting a tape in a player... often it felt like roulette :(
    I never had problems with machines eating my cassettes.  WTH did you all do to them, lol?

As for sound, I though a tape sounded better through headphones than a cd did.  I'm shocked at how many people frown upon the cassettes?
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

If you're a Dino fan and decide to go for it, I don't think you will be disappointed! 
    I sure hope someone gets around to putting this on Discogs (I don't feel qualified to do that myself) so I can add this to my Discogs collection.

You are more than qualified to do add a listing on discogs. It isn’t that complicated. If you make a mistake or forget something the “experienced” discogers will update the listing. 
    Most important is the identify the label, barcode, the runouts and add some photos. 

The other stuff you mentioned on the post above. There are also instructions on discogs to guide you along. 
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

You are more than qualified to do add a listing on discogs. It isn’t that complicated. If you make a mistake or forget something the “experienced” discogers will update the listing. 
    Most important is the identify the label, barcode, the runouts and add some photos. 

The other stuff you mentioned on the post above. There are also instructions on discogs to guide you along. 

If someone hasn't beaten me to be by later tonight... what the heck... I might give it a go!

brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

Here it is.  Hope I didn't screw it up!

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

Admirable first effort! I would advise to go back in and edit it to add:
    - deadwax info (runout)
    - pictures of: 
            - back of the sleeve
            - inner sleeve (if applicable)
            - label on each side of the wax. 

If you don’t do this, someone else who owns it will undoubtedly do it. 
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

- deadwax info (runout)
    - pictures of: 
            - back of the sleeve

Thanks for the heads up, will do in the AM!

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    pjpjpaul said:

oh really.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

20 people already have it 

It’s amazing to me how fast people can update their collection 
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

20 people already have it 

It’s amazing to me how fast people can update their collection 

Wow!  No kidding.  Just like that.  Cool!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

- deadwax info (runout)
    - pictures of: 
            - back of the sleeve

Do you still get an email from Discogs making you feel like a dick for even trying to help out
    when you fuck up?

That’s why I stopped creating entries.  
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

- deadwax info (runout)
    - pictures of: 
            - back of the sleeve

Do you still get an email from Discogs making you feel like a dick for even trying to help out
    when you fuck up?

Yeah, I'm afraid I did get that email.    The email plus some remarks on the edit page that led me to feel like a dunce. 
    They told me the proper name of the band is Dinosaur Jr (with no period, which is correct) but the form would only accept "Dinosaur Jr."  (with the period). 
    This is a "once and done" for me. My main motivation was to get that LP into my collection data since that is what my insurance agent said was a good thing to do.  Next time I'll wait for someone else to work up the listing.  There are plenty of people who enjoy it and I found it tedious, plus I had a hard time with the label photos because my hands are no longer steady.  

• Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    brianlux said:

Yeah, I'm afraid I did get that email.    The email plus some remarks on the edit page that led me to feel like a dunce. 
    They told me the proper name of the band is Dinosaur Jr (with no period, which is correct) but the form would only accept "Dinosaur Jr."  (with the period). 
    This is a "once and done" for me. My main motivation was to get that LP into my collection data since that is what my insurance agent said was a good thing to do.  Next time I'll wait for someone else to work up the listing.  There are plenty of people who enjoy it and I found it tedious, plus I had a hard time with the label photos because my hands are no longer steady.  

I've found a lot of the Discogs community are dicks about the entries if they are not to their specifications. You do the best you can as the process is tedious and takes some getting used to only to have some ass correct everything you do.
    edited August 2022
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:
    brianlux said:

45 RPM, 12"

- deadwax info (runout)
    - pictures of: 
            - back of the sleeve

when you fuck up?

To me that’s what makes it ridiculous.  You add an entry, 20 plus people who could have created the entry add it to their collection immediately then nitpick the person who did add it. 

Where were they before?
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    That Dinosaur Jr EP shot up by £6-7 at a certain big retailer today just when I was about to buy. Hate that.