I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    What I do Is very similar to how I store vinyl anyway.  Record in the back. You can add some thin cardboard or something if you want 

TBH this is exactly how I would ship it, but I would add two thicker pieces of cardboard over the top and bottom and tape it 

I get really mad when I buy an unsealed album where the record isn’t removed from the jacket 

if you are selling to someone who is reviewing you, tell them that is the best practice but ultimately it’s up to them how they want to receive it.  You should be able to shake it with nothing moving 

you absolutely need a nice inner sleeve (not a cardboard one and not in a plastic bag)

Agreed 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    MMJ The Tennessee Fire reissue. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    pjpjpaul said:
    Miles Davis Kind Of Blue UHQR 45 RMP from Acoustic Sounds is up for pre order. 
    Couldn’t help myself on that one. The 33 is unimaginably good 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Just got in an order from Plaid Room, and one of the records in the box is a Target version.

Like, did they just not have what I ordered and send someone to Target instead of not fulfilling that particular request? Or do independent record stores also sell big-box store "exclusive" limited pressings? 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited August 2022
    dankind said:
    Just got in an order from Plaid Room, and one of the records in the box is a Target version.

Like, did they just not have what I ordered and send someone to Target instead of not fulfilling that particular request? Or do independent record stores also sell big-box store "exclusive" limited pressings? 
    target in particular dumped a lot of inventory recently. Cancelled supplier orders etc. 

maybe someone else bought their orders or they are selling in bulk. Just a thought.

That inventory goes somewhere.  I wouldn’t think the excess inventory problem is limited to socks and underwear.  I also think the vinyl market is oversaturated for 99 percent of titles and it takes up a lot of space 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    pjpjpaul said:
    Yea, got the 33, I just don't see the need in yet another version of this one.
    MedozK said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    The pictures in the book are different 😂

that’s literally what chad focused on in the video about it 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    MedozK said:
    pjpjpaul said:

It will be interesting to see if it sells out. It may not.  You can only squeeze the KOB tree so many times.  If I'm out, I can't be the only one. 
    edited August 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    pjpjpaul said:

It will be interesting to see if it sells out. It may not.  You can only squeeze the KOB tree so many times.  If I'm out, I can't be the only one. 
    He seemed to think people were either waiting for the 45 and passed on the 33 or want both and that it could sell out faster than the 33. 

maybe wishful thinking 

hendrix is taking a while to sell too. Market is definitely softening for 20,000 and up runs. The closer release dates don’t help either if you just bought Are You Experienced 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    meanwhile my $20 mono reissue sounds just lovely
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    only a handful of sellers I have received opened records have placed it that way. of far more importance imo is the use of cardboard and/or bubble wrap to prevent movement. some have double boarded and taped then used small bubble wrap in the standard vinyl mailers.....

I bubblewrap and they are really fit in the cardbvoard box. When I shake them, they don't seem to move.
    That looks secure as hell.  

Are you selling records now?
    Working on getting them ready to be posted, and to be delivered to the record stores that has agreed to be ”pick up points” so folks could get it a bit cheaper with no shipping. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mickeyrat said:
    I’m trying hard to get into mono. Minus those old stereo recordings with really hard L&R I still can’t buy mono, unless it’s only in mono 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mickeyrat said:
    I’m trying hard to get into mono. Minus those old stereo recordings with really hard L&R I still can’t buy mono, unless it’s only in mono 

huh. tend to think if was originally released in mono thats the way to go.

have kob mono and 2 different kob stereo pressings. my go to is the mono. same with much of my brubeck. closer to a live experience I think.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Oh man,  some Beatles in mono is really enjoyable. 
    edited August 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    That’s one where I don’t like the stereo. That’s more a reflection in how they did the stereo I would think?

generally speaking if I’m buying smashing pumpkins Adore for example. I don’t want it in mono .  Some people prefer the format. I’m not so sure all things being equal 
    edited August 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    That’s one where I don’t like the stereo. That’s more a reflection in how they did the stereo I would think?

generally speaking if I’m buying smashing pumpkins Adore for example. I don’t want it in mono .  Some people prefer the format. I’m not so sure all things being equal 
    Oh nothing modern. I mean like KOB, Hendrix,  a few others.  My KOB mono is very close to my favorite .

Also have a mono Blue Train that I prefer to stereo,  but that's because of the hard pan separation of early stereo,  like you mentioned. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
    edited August 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Oh nothing modern. I mean like KOB, Hendrix,  a few others.  My KOB mono is very close to my favorite m
    I’ve actually never heard KOB in mono. The stereo is fantastic so I guess I never even thought to try it 

I think the last album I really tried it with was pet sounds. To me, stereo all the way. Even if mono was the intent? Seems weird it would have been 

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2022
    *Aforementioned Target “exclusive” that arrived from Plaid Room. A Frisbee, according to Discogs. 

I wonder if I can return/exchange it. 

I had assumed it would be the 60th anniversary version released in 2022. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mickeyrat said:
    The only KOB copy I have or need. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    mickeyrat said:
    Mono should sound just like listening to a cassette tape w headphones back in the day, no?
    mickeyrat said:
    Mono should sound just like listening to a cassette tape w headphones back in the day, no?
    You make mono sound like poor quality. It's not. 
    mickeyrat said:
    I think I only ever owned one or two cassettes. By the time I was about 13 I went straight to cd’s as they become dominant right about then 

kind of missed that whole era 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    What are you insane?  Listening on a cassette was pure analog and sounded fantastic. I don't know what you listened to but we always preferred headphones and a tape.
    mickeyrat said:
    I think I only ever owned one or two cassettes. By the time I was about 13 I went straight to cd’s as they become dominant right about then 

You did miss out then.  You never got to understand the pain of forward and reversing through songs or grabbing a pen to fast forward the tape and save your battery, lol.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I enjoy both. Usually I spin mono just because it sounds different than what I'm used to.

Actually pulled out my Beatles box this afternoon.

mickeyrat said:

You did miss out then.  You never got to understand the pain of forward and reversing through songs or grabbing a pen to fast forward the tape and save your battery, lol.
    My first car had a tape player. I had one of those cassette things that connected to a disc man, which skipped at every pothole. 

It’s amazing I didn’t just give up on music then and there 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    What are you insane?  Listening on a cassette was pure analog and sounded fantastic. I don't know what you listened to but we always preferred headphones and a tape.
    Preferred to what? I'm thinking about fidelity today and a tape is not high quality compared to high quality vinyl,  cd or FLAC. Cassette tapes are very low on the quality spectrum. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I rarely bought pre-recorded cassettes. But since my car at the time had a cassette deck, I made a ton of mixed tapes. I still have a box of them.

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Got these in the mail today. Will try and make time to listen this weekend.

PJ unplugged is $18 at plaid room