Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    I wonder if they could fill up Mercedes-Benz... that'd be fun.
    venue's sound is dreadful unless in pit
    Yeah it’s terrible. No to Benz PJ! 
    I concur!!  Horrible acoustics.  Even for football games.  IF they do play here in Atlanta, I'm hoping it's at Gwinnet Arena or Alpharetta Amphitheatre (whatever its called now).  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    9pm in Mumbai is 11:30am in the eastern U.S. 

Shall we brunch during the setlist thread? I vote for bottomless mimosas. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    From the Lolla India page 2 hours ago

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options

Well...I think they might be talking to us. lol

• Options
    I still say we brunch. 

• Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    JimmyV said:

Well...I think they might be talking to us. lol
    or it means Lizzo is headlining...
  • Options
    Maybe I'll skip brunch. 

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,188
    edited August 2022
    Lollapalooza in India is such an odd thing right now. On one hand it sounds kind of awesome. On the other the water crisis makes it seem problematic and the kind of high risk atmosphere the band might want to try and avoid
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    Seems very unlikely rhcp can make those dates. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    RK50065 said:
    I think I'd quit my job to do the Asia/Australia if I was told I couldn't get the time off.
    with these current setlists?!
    Fair point.   More about the locations and my weird obsession with seeing Pearl Jam in as many different countries as I can.  

Set lists are coming around, more concerned about such a long trip and shows getting cancelled. May be a better post retirement trip, to stay in straya longer and no need to rush home. Especially if they tour during footy season, which is highly unlikely as it’s a winter sport. March maybe, boys?  Oh well, good to dream. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    JimmyV said:
    9pm in Mumbai is 11:30am in the eastern U.S. 

Shall we brunch during the setlist thread? I vote for bottomless mimosas. 

Champagne breakfast for...the west coast!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 299
    I attended Knotfest Finland in my hometown of Turku yesterday, and I found the perfect venue for a PJ show in Finland. Plus PJ cancelled their show in Turku in 1992, so it's about time they make up for that one 😉

Slipknot played for 30 000 people at a field/parking lot outside the local hockey arena and the mess hall. It doesn't sound that sexy, but it worked and they had built a perfect outside concert venue out of nothing. And I thought this would be perfect for a like one day festival with PJ as a main act with let's say two or three other classy acts. Just like Imola this summer. It's about time PJ played Finland!

The promoter for the Slipknot show said they hope to attract similar big acts to Turku now that they have a smooth working venue/place for up to 30 000 people.

PJ next summer in Turku, Finland?

Well, one can at least dream 😎🤞
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 590
    Would really love to see them perform in Iceland! Not sure if they have played before but it’s a place on my to visit list.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 885
    edited August 2022
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The U.S. 
    Summertime
    Pleeeeeeeease and thank you
    Yes. Enough arenas, back to sheds. 
    I wouldn't go that far. Too many sheds are a pain to get in and out of. Play the cities, not the sticks. 
    This. 

I don't love the TD Garden, but would prefer see them there then Fenway or Mansfield.
    I usually prefer indoor venues but the acoustics in TD Garden are atrocious in my experience. Would rather Fenway over that, and I’m aware of how ridiculous that sounds.
  • Options
    We have the same problem in the DC, our arena sounds like hot garbage. I'd love to see PJ play Audi Field, though, that place would be fantastic for shows
  • Options
    Arenas have bad sound, ballparks are too big, sheds are in the sticks, clubs are a pipedream. 

I don't care where the shows are. I just want another U.S. summer run. 

• Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,183
    Major League soccer stadiums could be the perfect size and sit.  
    Not as big as NFL or many MLB stadiums, but bigger than sheds and arenas.   
    Just an idea.   One show could cover way more fans than arena’s hold. 
  • Options
    I want Fenway so I can get tickets on the field. That would be worth any price to me haha.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 885
    I want Fenway so I can get tickets on the field. That would be worth any price to me haha.
    It’s a great time. And were a pretty easy snag last couple go arounds for folks who were diligent.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    edited August 2022
    We have the same problem in the DC, our arena sounds like hot garbage. I'd love to see PJ play Audi Field, though, that place would be fantastic for shows

Does Audi Field have a stage?

Historic Crew Stadium, while it worked for Rock On The Range, I'm not sure it'd work for Pearl Jam. The nearest bars are campus dive bars and not the best for Wishlist parties, although they'd work in a pinch. There's not much around there.

Although...you get word to Eddie that Rock On The Range was supposed to be a day or two after Chris died (the band was en route from Detroit to Columbus when they found out) and that could be something magical.

I believe the FC Dallas stadium has a stage, but isn't it way in the sticks?
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Douglas12373Douglas12373 Posts: 205
    edited August 2022
    I don't know, as far as I know there haven't been shows there yet. Would it be that much of a lift to rent one locally? It's a great size, the layout is fantastic, there are a ton of bars and restaurants there around Nats Park, and its accessible by Metro. But no shows yet, not sure why
    Post edited by Douglas12373 on
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192

Does Audi Field have a stage?

Historic Crew Stadium, while it worked for Rock On The Range, I'm not sure it'd work for Pearl Jam. The nearest bars are campus dive bars and not the best for Wishlist parties, although they'd work in a pinch. There's not much around there.

Although...you get word to Eddie that Rock On The Range was supposed to be a day or two after Chris died (the band was en route from Detroit to Columbus when they found out) and that could be something magical.

I believe the FC Dallas stadium has a stage, but isn't it way in the sticks?
    They built a new soccer stadium in downtown Columbus. I know nothing about it, but it’s there, in a much more convenient location. 
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 586
    Ohio stadium if we’re talking columbus stadiums. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,121
    JimmyV said:
    Arenas have bad sound, ballparks are too big, sheds are in the sticks, clubs are a pipedream. 

I don't care where the shows are. I just want another U.S. summer run. 
    Yes, please! PJ shows during summer vacation for two months when I can travel? And start in Atlanta for me? I’d be a happy man.
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Ohio stadium if we’re talking columbus stadiums. 
    too big. can you imagine the bitching in here if someone gets FIELD tickets and they are 100 yards away?!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,180
    Only marching bands allowed in that place.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    edited September 2022
    Any rumors yet? Wondering if they will do the second NA leg from 2020 they never announced or if that’s completely scratched.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Any rumors yet? Wondering if they will do the second NA leg from 2020 they never announced or if that’s completely scratched.
    God I hope there is another NA run. A nice southern run… 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    Guy I met on the plane back to Boston from Toronto said he heard 3 nights at Fenway. 

But I didn’t even get his name. So I wouldn’t go booking hotels quite yet. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Guessing 2023 NA will be less locations than the original 2020 fall plans, favoring larger ballpark shows and slightly longer setlists. I can see them a bit more conservative on # of shows to stay healthy, and go with bigger shows to pull in good $.